Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180800 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 07, 2022, 04:14:01 PM »
Expand Quote
my buddy had a gelato eighth pack from the us, the buds looked dry and didn't smell like anything. like there was no smell at all. very weird. buds were super hard, too. haven't smoked it. like our black market weed seems way better tbh.
[close]

Its probably second only to GSC for name recognition so who knows what the growing situation was like. Hell depending on where its from it might not even be the real thing. If it's from the states it's probably old as fuck which could explain the dryness and lack of smell. Maybe try rehydrating it a little bit if he still has it and see if it comes to life at all? Definitely possible and even likely that your local shit is better than a lot of the commercial stuff you'd find here, especially if it's gray market.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thought I'd post my delivery today from a grey market service in LA County. Cherry Gelato Half Oz THC 31.45%

Maybe this is kind of a roast me post? I'm gonna roast this shit now and write some test cases.
[close]

Damn that looks nice. I went through a gelato phase last summer/fall and got my shit pushed in by Jet Fuel Gelato a few times (still have some from months ago, I'm a little scared of it to be totally honest haha) but apparently the Cherry variety is indica leaning and more of an afternoon/evening strain so I'm really curious. From googling it looks like there's some DJ short Blueberry genetics in there which always seems to push the right buttons for me. I enjoy just plain old Gelato as a goofy, creative strain so if it keeps that "fun" aspect but adds some pain reduction and sedative effects I think I'd really enjoy it. Definitely report back and let us know how it goes.
[close]

Gelato is a strain that doesn't don't for me. Its not bad, but I just havent found it to be particularly note worthy. I've had numerous cuts too. Same with the parent, sunset sherbet. Not sure what exactly it is, well, i do know i dont like the flavor or smell of any I've had, but about the high, it's just a neutral experience across the board. I'd just prefer the standard GSC for those ones.

[close]

I don't really like sunset sherbet either. I should also mention that the one I like is plain Gelato 33, I don't care much for 41 or any of the other phenos I've tried. I can understand where you're coming from with the taste, I have to be in the mood and right situation for those creamy and spicy strains. If I try to smoke it with my morning coffee it usually both overwhelms and kind of grosses me out. The usual Sour D cut we get here does something similar in some situations, I'm guessing because both are limonene/caryophyllene dominant. So on that note...

This is the same grower as the Biker OG. For some reason that and this are only $35, so after my vet discount and dispensary girl hookup it was only like $21. That Biker is really good so even though this is the kind of terp profile and strain I usually avoid, if I don't like it it's cheap enough that I won't regret it too much. Bag appeal for days and it seems to be hand trimmed, no basic training buds here. Not crazy strong or terpy but that might be a good thing with this profile. Smell is primarily spicy and earthy with hints of hop and pine, then behind that you get a whiff of green apple and a little hint of something creamy sandwiched in the middle. It's interesting, not what I'd call super appealing but it's quite different from what I usually get so I can't say whether or not I like it yet.

I'm pretty lit off some Kosher Tangie and my usual indica vape regimen at the moment so I'm not going even attempt to try this right now, tonight before I catch up on my rasslin seems like a good test case.

yep, don't really like spicy, black peppery, or meaty strains, if you know what I mean. I do enjoy GMO sometimes, mostly because I like the way it gets me high, but the taste/smell isn't my jam even though it trips me out every time and leaves my house smelling like fried onions.

I'm gonna modify this to route back to that Kush Mints I posted earlier this week. I've been blazing this consistently and today had the realization that this stuff feels the most similar, regarding euphoria and ease from bodily pain, to the early stages of using pain meds such as oxycodone. Takes about 15 minutes to feel anything apparent, builds up to a peak around 30 minutes, ride that feeling for an hour or so, then I'm feeling steady and nice for a couple more hours. Nothing particulalry unexpected, no burn out, just kinda fades away, take another bong snap and remain nice. Very consistent sort of high but not boring or 1 dimensional.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 07:23:33 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #1501 on: May 07, 2022, 10:29:26 PM »
@IusedToSkateMore I definitely know exactly what you mean, and I'm the same way. I typically do not respond to these strains well, and I can honestly say that GMO would be the only one that might get into my top 20. I feel like the best cuts of it we've had here tend to have a little bit of gas and sweetness sitting on top of the garlic funk but it's never been a strain that I grabbed for the taste. It's 100% about the effects, which I have to admit are about as perfect a hybrid as I've found. It is trippy how easily identifiable it is from the smell though haha.

So I just smoked this Apple Fritter stuff. Taste is weird... It's sour and the humulene comes through really strong and it's not so peppery so it's like... hoppy green apple I guess? I don't necessarily dislike it but it wasn't yummy either. It's genetics are Sour apple x animal cookies, so it's like taking a fruity cut of sour D and mixing it with a heavy OG but you can still taste both? I'm going to be honest the more I sit here with it in my mouth the less I'm liking it.

The high is starting off very sour D. Loads of energy, not a lot of euphoria. This was probably not a good idea for a night strain. I'm going to eat something and try to calm down a little but so far it's exactly what I suspected but hoped it wasn't going to be like.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1502 on: May 07, 2022, 11:11:43 PM »
@IusedToSkateMore I definitely know exactly what you mean, and I'm the same way. I typically do not respond to these strains well, and I can honestly say that GMO would be the only one that might get into my top 20. I feel like the best cuts of it we've had here tend to have a little bit of gas and sweetness sitting on top of the garlic funk but it's never been a strain that I grabbed for the taste. It's 100% about the effects, which I have to admit are about as perfect a hybrid as I've found. It is trippy how easily identifiable it is from the smell though haha.

So I just smoked this Apple Fritter stuff. Taste is weird... It's sour and the humulene comes through really strong and it's not so peppery so it's like... hoppy green apple I guess? I don't necessarily dislike it but it wasn't yummy either. It's genetics are Sour apple x animal cookies, so it's like taking a fruity cut of sour D and mixing it with a heavy OG but you can still taste both? I'm going to be honest the more I sit here with it in my mouth the less I'm liking it.

The high is starting off very sour D. Loads of energy, not a lot of euphoria. This was probably not a good idea for a night strain. I'm going to eat something and try to calm down a little but so far it's exactly what I suspected but hoped it wasn't going to be like.

Sour D at bedtime... Not my style. Feels like an anxiety/teeth grinding sesh waiting to happen. Eat some cookies and milk, dude. Cookies n milk hahaha

I do need to get some good sativa for hiking and shit though. Want that completely clear head

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1503 on: May 08, 2022, 07:34:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sour D at bedtime... Not my style. Feels like an anxiety/teeth grinding sesh waiting to happen. Eat some cookies and milk, dude. Cookies n milk hahaha

I do need to get some good sativa for hiking and shit though. Want that completely clear head

Yeah they have this listed as a hybrid and it did eventually mellow out but that may have been more because I ate a lot and mixed in some bio jesus vapes than it naturally mellowing. The high was similar to sour D but not as good. Energetic and creative for sure, but I could see this being bad news in high doses and certain environments. Very little in the way of euphoria or painkilling and I got this weird feeling like I was perpetually about to yawn that made me anxious as well.

I'm thinking I might give it another chance after work but I'll probably end up giving most of it away. Not only was it not a great time but it fucked my sleep up and now I'm at work just dead tired and hating fucking everyone and everything.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1504 on: May 10, 2022, 08:37:33 PM »

I'm the highest I've been in a minute, and unlike the last strain this is the kind of high that I fucking adore.  I've had 3 concentrates and 2 cuts of flower of Alien Rift and its floored my ass every time. It also tastes kinda like a generic "sour blue" candy when it's an extract.

I kinda wrote all the alien stuff off for a long time because I thought it was all just marketing hype, but it's very legit. Whatever Alien Technology actually is, its got serious genetic muscle. I do believe the "secret Afghanica landrace smuggled out in the early days of the war" story but I would tend to think there's other examples that made it to western markets under different names, perhaps even before alien started doing their thing. I would love to get my hands on a cut of the original uncrossed line to see how different (if at all) it is from the standard afghani lines we get here.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1505 on: May 13, 2022, 01:18:58 AM »

Came up on some more amazing Mid-shelf, $20 per 1/8. This one is called Atomic Apple and it lives up to the name pretty good. It smells sweet and tangy like a sour apple, the taste is incredible and the high is very relaxing and satisfying. If you hold the smoke in for a few seconds it feels like it is expanding in your lungs, and a big bong hit will give you that feeling like you're going to start hyperventilating. This photo is actually from last weekend but I'm about to go pick up some more right now LOL. This stuff is up there with the Northern Lights for some of the best Mids I have ever had the pleasure of smoking

Hahahaha this is Apple Fritter (the one I got last week) crossed with triangle mints. The sour apple taste is definitely there in the AF too. That one had a really energetic sour diesel style high that I ended up not enjoying much, glad to hear this one is a good fit for you.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1506 on: May 16, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »
Hit up an 85% off deal on flower from one of the better growers in our program. Its from July but has kept surprisingly well, they do a proper cure and use good black glass jars so it's still got its funk. A little dry but a boost pack or hydrostone should fix it.

First up, blue agave. I've posted this one a few times in the past, always nice to get a 2 nug jar too. Despite being very modern genetics and looking like your run of the mill bag appeal bud, this is one of my go-to strains. It's mild but super pleasant and perfect for any occasion, great social strain too.

https://i.imgur.com/pjlz8nJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OhbOSrg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sAp2pG0.jpg

Next up is the Apple Sundae (apple juice x sundae driver). This is the one I was most excited for from the terp profile so I just ripped a bowl of it. Really, really nice. It's got a crisp sweet apple taste and the high myrcene gives it a very nice indica leaning high. The high is similar to the Alien Rift which I loved too. Sadly its dry popcorn so not much to look at but I assure you it's delish.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8866ta.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5E5goGf.jpg

Also grabbed Sundae Driver and then a new cut of Jack from another grower. I'll take pics later but I'm really digging leaning back right now haha. All in all kind of crazy to walk out of a PA dispensary with a 4 strain half oz for under a hundred bucks, but it's there if you know where to look.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1507 on: May 17, 2022, 08:24:01 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/xHhCxmN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zoh0TpN.jpg

;D

Label is unreadable but according to the dispensary site

Cannabinoids

CBG: 0.13%
CBGA: 1.13%
THC: 0.27%
THCA: 19.64%
THCV: 0.49%

Terpenes

B Caryophyllene: 0.25%
B Myrcene: 0.13%
B Pinene: 0.11%
Humulene: 0.1%
Limonene: 0.06%
Pinene: 0.06%
Terpinolene: 0.9%

So from that it looked like a good batch of Jack but nothing special. This is the first time I've seen Jack from this grower (Rythm) and I'm happy to say it's not only legit genetics but quite well done. The buds are just packed with trichs and those neon orange hairs that make my pupils hard.

Jack is part of my holy trinity of wake n bake strains (Jack, goat, Durbz) and I'm very much enjoying it this morning. Music sounds fantastic, my cheeks feel warm and rosy, and I have a permanent smile. This is the kind of grass that reminds me why I fell in love with it in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 02:57:38 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1508 on: May 17, 2022, 03:07:39 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/PnAU0j6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jRSx6Rq.jpg

Sundae Float (sundae driver x rbf). Definitely wouldn't have got it if it wasn't stupidly discounted but its not bad. It's pretty much straight down the middle effects wise but there's just not a lot of euphoria or anything super desirable there for me. I guess the limonene/caryo dominant strains just really don't work well for me. This is likely going to end up going to the old man, I can't see myself finishing the jar any time soon.

Oh well, 3/4 ain't bad. The apple sundae and Jack alone made it worth it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 09:10:35 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1509 on: May 17, 2022, 03:57:32 PM »
Jack is always a pleasure.

Homie had some haze varieties the other day, like 4 different hazes and land race sativas. Stuff was phenomenal. I'll show images when some comes home

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1510 on: May 18, 2022, 03:29:11 AM »
Jack is always a pleasure.

Homie had some haze varieties the other day, like 4 different hazes and land race sativas. Stuff was phenomenal. I'll show images when some comes home

It really is. I've said this before but man what a great tribute and honor to have a strain like that named after you. I think it's super cool that it's a creative, uplifting, and slightly silly high because it reflects his personality.

I got some LB sauce yesterday and the budtender asked if it was any good so I told her the story of how you recommended it and I fell in love with it haha. It's from last July but it's the last really good batch so I'm not worried about it losing too much oomph like the last tube of it I got.

Sadly our only grower with the legit Lambs Bread cut hasn't put out anything new since last summer so I'm guessing they either aren't growing it anymore or lost an entire room somehow. I know it's not the easiest thing to grow tropical sativas and they take up a lot of space so my fear is they just gave up on it. I hope someone else steps up and starts growing it because it really is something special. The current grower is one of our mediocre ones too, so if one of the guys who actually knew what they were doing put out a good legit cut I'm confident it would sell out as fast as golden goat does.

Definitely stoked to see some sativa landrace pics. You know how I feel about the more recent parts of the haze family tree, but some of the older stuff like Neville's and SSH can be really nice. I've also heard speculation that Kali Mist, which I enjoy, has a fair bit of haze genetics but of course everyone has a story about shit like that. Ive always wanted to try a legit original haze too, I've heard it's one of those incredible pure sativa highs similar to Panama Red. There must have been some absolutely bangin landraces in Central America back in the day, I wonder if there's still any undiscovered ones out there.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1511 on: May 19, 2022, 08:53:28 PM »
Tomorrow is pay day. I wake up earlier than I do for work on payday for a couple reasons.

1. I like to have as much time to do all the stupid fun shit I do on my days off.
2. I hit the weed store early and feel tip top magoo.

I started smoking flower again for a while, but essentially hiking for work all day, within a week or two the coughing and shit had me convinced to stick with vape cartridges. PlugNPlay is the shit if anybody hasn't tried them. They have a car that is similar to a stizzy but you can actually push and hold a button for your hits. You get a massive rip even after just a couple seconds, they actually taste good and they fucking last. Let a couple family members try it and they thought it shit all over stizzy.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1512 on: May 21, 2022, 02:30:41 AM »
Tomorrow is pay day. I wake up earlier than I do for work on payday for a couple reasons.

1. I like to have as much time to do all the stupid fun shit I do on my days off.
2. I hit the weed store early and feel tip top magoo.

I started smoking flower again for a while, but essentially hiking for work all day, within a week or two the coughing and shit had me convinced to stick with vape cartridges. PlugNPlay is the shit if anybody hasn't tried them. They have a car that is similar to a stizzy but you can actually push and hold a button for your hits. You get a massive rip even after just a couple seconds, they actually taste good and they fucking last. Let a couple family members try it and they thought it shit all over stizzy.

I do that on my days off too haha. On work days I stay in bed trying to avoid starting the day as long as possible but off days as soon as my eyes open I'm up and making coffee and rolling a J or two.

I actually tend to cough less with flower. I think it's probably because Ive smoked cigarettes for 20 years so I'm just kind of used to it. Vapor sometimes feels like it expands in my lungs and stings like a motherfucker if I blow any out of my nose. Temperature definitely makes a huge difference. Ripping dry bud through a short spoon or chillum will make me wanna hack but properly cured stuff in a J or water cooled glass I can usually handle without much effort.

I don't really fuck with pod systems. Some of them do work pretty well but I hate the idea of proprietary shit in general. I have a dart and pax pod battery because we had a sale where the pods were half off and you got a free battery, but I try to stick to just normal 510 threaded carts for the most part. There's a few companies here that offer oil/sauce syringes that you can use to fill your own too which is always fun. I have some glass/ceramic ones that I use for my favorite strains but honestly I don't think it matters that much. The cheap ones taste the same, it's much more about the quality of the oil than the cart in my opinion.

Also for anyone just getting into vaping or using carts/pods- a good battery is absolutely critical... Some of those autodraw ones are set at like 4v which is wayyyyyy too high. Look for something adjustable and I'd recommend starting around 2.5-3v mark for most oils. If you want a bigger hit or your oil is thick then bump it up, if you want more flavor bump it down. Experiment until you find the perfect balance. I personally use the honeystick twist batteries on about 2.6v for most of my carts.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1513 on: May 21, 2022, 09:11:23 AM »
i can recommend the dynavap. lots of heat control, but if the bud is too dry, it can get harsh, too.

i tried smoking pure joints but i find that rough on my throat despite having abused cigs for also almost two decades. i spliff them now with a realleaf herbmix. that stuff tastes superneutral, like flavorless, superlight tobacco. so the spliffs taste weed heavy, but the herbs help smoothen out the toke. sometimes pure joints can also taste too intense, for a lack of a better word.

i had this kush that would smoke nicely in a spliff and taste great, but actually went superashy/peaty when smoked pure. i found that very odd.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1514 on: May 21, 2022, 09:36:44 AM »
Ya know what's dope about weed? You can just stop smoking/vaping/eating and have no negative symptoms. Anything else we humans ingests that makes us feel so fine, relieves pains, stress, anxiety etc, if we just stop, we experience withdrawal. Some of which can kill us or leave permanent damage (alcohol/benzos). The herb, shiiiiiiiit, we might lose a few lbs if we stop, maybe not sleep so well for a couple nights. Thank Jah! Mama Ganja. All the dope growers across the land. Bless up

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1515 on: May 22, 2022, 08:52:18 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/a0dK5PW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/P2eZWHn.jpg

Golden Pineapple (Golden Goat x Pineapple Kush). Had my eye on this one for a while and it was on sale so I pulled the trigger. Golden Goat is one of my favorite strains ever, but this smells and tastes nothing like it so I wasn't sure if I would like it. I'm quite impressed actually. Taste wise it leans much more towards the pineapple kush side and has the happy, euphoric character of the goat high but with potent indica effects from the PK. It starts out kind of energetic but quickly fades into a really nice stone and it keeps the euphoria pretty much all the way through. Solid medicine too, it ain't an OG but I can lean back in my chair without pain. Truth be told It could be grown better, but I actually think this might be overpowering to me if it were.

I also snagged a cut of Lime Skunk that I'm really pumped to try. Goin to bed now but I'm going to try that in the morning.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1516 on: May 24, 2022, 02:23:20 AM »
Just wanted to post my application for Gorilla Glue #4 once again. It smells like coffee breath but goddamn I feel so much better than I did an hour ago. Despite the fact that most of my favorite strains are in the landrace sativa realm I think I'm actually more of an indica dude overall. As I get old I really appreciate a good warm fuzzy couch lock that ends with me dozing off and gg4 is one of the best strains for providing that. It really is this generations answer Northern Lights or Bubba Kush.

Edit - okay I fell asleep while writing that last night haha.. actually woke up with my phone still in my hand.

Here's the latest sativa I grabbed. Lime Skunk (Lemon OG x Green Ribbon)

https://i.imgur.com/bBmrFKb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hezG4Vs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SJjuxxU.jpg

So this is one of my favorite cart strains. As far as a straight up energy boost without anxiety it's probably number one for me. The genetics are kinda cool too, Lemon OG crosses tend to be high terpinoline and thca producers which I love but whats intriguing is the Green Ribbon side. GR is a 4 way orgy of Trainwreck, White Rhino, Green Crack, and an Afghani. Sounds like my kinda party.

I haven't had the flower since my first month in the program, so I was interested to see if anything changed. Unfortunately it's a little bit of a letdown, but that's mostly down to my lofty expectations I think. It's a very good straightforward sativa high, plenty of energy and a mild but pleasant mood lift, but I think I've been spoiled by the last few sativa flowers I bought. Don't get me wrong, it's very nice and I like it a lot... It's just not as spectacular as the Jack or Durban Poison.

The best thing about this flower is the taste for sure. One of my favs. It's kinda like a lemon lime soda that got left in the sun too long. At 3% total terps it's got some funk muscles but isn't crazy strong and it smokes smooth as silk. The terpinoline comes through as woodsy lime and mixes with the sweet crisp myrcene and slight caryophellene spice to give it the citrus soda taste I mentioned earlier and then sitting behind it all is slight skunkiness that really ties the room together man.

So TLDR in flower form It's like an 8 for taste but 6 for effects.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1517 on: May 26, 2022, 02:33:58 PM »
Grabbed a few goodies for the holiday weekend

- a quarter of Jack for myself and as a hangover cure for my friends that drink

- a gram of cthulu 43 (sour blueberry x "Marie leveau" which I'm fairly certain is just a GMO pheno) which is supposed to be a middle of the road hybrid. I might try to go fishing and it seemed like a fit for some reason?

And finally the thing i power walked home for... A gram of classic motherfuckin DJ Short Blueberry that looks and smells perfect. Bout to indulge in a bong of that and some Wendy's, so I'll take pics later. Ok I just hit it and all I can say is I fucking love blueberry. Such a good indica.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1518 on: May 26, 2022, 04:32:47 PM »

- a gram of cthulu 43 (sour blueberry x "Marie leveau" which I'm fairly certain is just a GMO pheno) which is supposed to be a middle of the road hybrid. I might try to go fishing and it seemed like a fit for some reason?

And finally the thing i power walked home for... A gram of classic motherfuckin DJ Short Blueberry that looks and smells perfect. Bout to indulge in a bong of that and some Wendy's, so I'll take pics later. Ok I just hit it and all I can say is I fucking love blueberry. Such a good indica.

Damn, my G, chicken nuggets, fries, frosty, and blueberry... Time capsule status. 2003 in the house, son. Oh man. So good.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1519 on: May 27, 2022, 01:47:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, my G, chicken nuggets, fries, frosty, and blueberry... Time capsule status. 2003 in the house, son. Oh man. So good.

Dude I texted my best friend a pic of my bag of food and the joint I rolled and he said "looks like high school". We graduated in 2003 hahaha.

I remember blueberry being one of the first strains that the original rust belt indoor grows were putting out a lot of and looking back its probably shaped my preferences more than I even realize. I definitely gravitate towards indicas that have the same high myrcene sweet Afghanica thing going on.

Here's the pics. They only had grams so I grabbed 2. Not much to see but it definitely scratches the itch nicely. Tastes fantastic and had me munching and playing video games until I fell asleep. Really perfect as a dessert strain, it doesn't straight up knock you out so there's a couple hours of blissfully being one with the couch.

https://imgur.com/a/c4PORHW

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1520 on: May 30, 2022, 09:35:40 AM »
New Grower. These are the "suppository guys"... no joke haha. They just put out flower for the second or third time and it's only $20 for 2g so I figured I'd give it a shot. They had 4 or 5 strains but I went with gg4 since Im very familiar with it and thought it would be the best way to gauge quality. The others were 1024, g13 haze, ghost train haze, the black, and I think there was a headband too.

Rough trim job and a weird cure, it's dry but sticky as fuck and takes forever to burn. This is some fancy full hydroponic setup and the flower is not very terpy and really clean tasting. Like it's watered down. Taste is stronger than the terp % and smell would indicate, it definitely tastes like gg4 and its a pretty balanced pheno at that. Pics -

https://imgur.com/a/DGNJoCg

The high is decent so far. Starting off as a relaxing, mellow buzz and my back feels fine... If it transitions into the heavy stone and couch lock that I like from gg4 then I might actually give this a thumbs up.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1521 on: May 30, 2022, 09:48:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Dude I texted my best friend a pic of my bag of food and the joint I rolled and he said "looks like high school". We graduated in 2003 hahaha.

I remember blueberry being one of the first strains that the original rust belt indoor grows were putting out a lot of and looking back its probably shaped my preferences more than I even realize. I definitely gravitate towards indicas that have the same high myrcene sweet Afghanica thing going on.

Here's the pics. They only had grams so I grabbed 2. Not much to see but it definitely scratches the itch nicely. Tastes fantastic and had me munching and playing video games until I fell asleep. Really perfect as a dessert strain, it doesn't straight up knock you out so there's a couple hours of blissfully being one with the couch.

https://imgur.com/a/c4PORHW

I too graduated 03. Hahahah wore a pair of ipath cats that day and burned some beaters end route to graduation hahahah

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1522 on: June 02, 2022, 02:15:44 AM »

I too graduated 03. Hahahah wore a pair of ipath cats that day and burned some beaters end route to graduation hahahah

So for our graduation day we had to come in in the morning and take attendance/pick up our cap and gown and then we got released until the ceremony, so we basically had like 4 hours to kill. None of us had any weed and my dad was pissed at me about something and had moved his stash so that was out. One of my friends dropped me off and I walked in the door and went down in the basement to grab my clothes and headbutted one of the low hanging vents hard enough to knock myself down. While I was laying on the ground wondering wtf happened I looked over to my right and saw something sticking out from under an old dresser....it wasn't the stash my dad had moved but an entirely different one and it was much higher quality than the usual old man mids he had...this was one of the first truly purple buds I'd ever seen and the trichs were huge, it had a loose sativa bud structure but the effects were much more indica leaning.

I wish I knew what it was because the little corner nug I snuck off it was enough to get 4 of us absolutely ripped to the point we didn't think they'd let us in the stadium to get our diplomas so we snuck in the back haha. I ended up going home and smoking the roach by myself, then falling asleep for 4 hours and missing my ride to a party where I was almost guaranteed to get laid (i'm pretty sure a BJ was actually guaranteed actually).

Anyways I grabbed something called LA tang? Its a sativa or sdh but I couldn't find any info about it. I'm wondering if it's just a renamed Pootie Tang (LA kush x tang tang) but I've never had just straight PT before so I don't know what it should be like. This stuff is mild thc (17ish%) and myrcene/terpinoline dominant so has a musky but sweet kinda citrusy taste. This is from trulieve's budget brand so it's basically Kirkland signature weed but it's not terrible for $20.

Anyone have any experience with Pootie Tang that can clue me in on it?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1523 on: June 02, 2022, 01:25:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So for our graduation day we had to come in in the morning and take attendance/pick up our cap and gown and then we got released until the ceremony, so we basically had like 4 hours to kill. None of us had any weed and my dad was pissed at me about something and had moved his stash so that was out. One of my friends dropped me off and I walked in the door and went down in the basement to grab my clothes and headbutted one of the low hanging vents hard enough to knock myself down. While I was laying on the ground wondering wtf happened I looked over to my right and saw something sticking out from under an old dresser....it wasn't the stash my dad had moved but an entirely different one and it was much higher quality than the usual old man mids he had...this was one of the first truly purple buds I'd ever seen and the trichs were huge, it had a loose sativa bud structure but the effects were much more indica leaning.

I wish I knew what it was because the little corner nug I snuck off it was enough to get 4 of us absolutely ripped to the point we didn't think they'd let us in the stadium to get our diplomas so we snuck in the back haha. I ended up going home and smoking the roach by myself, then falling asleep for 4 hours and missing my ride to a party where I was almost guaranteed to get laid (i'm pretty sure a BJ was actually guaranteed actually).

Anyways I grabbed something called LA tang? Its a sativa or sdh but I couldn't find any info about it. I'm wondering if it's just a renamed Pootie Tang (LA kush x tang tang) but I've never had just straight PT before so I don't know what it should be like. This stuff is mild thc (17ish%) and myrcene/terpinoline dominant so has a musky but sweet kinda citrusy taste. This is from trulieve's budget brand so it's basically Kirkland signature weed but it's not terrible for $20.

Anyone have any experience with Pootie Tang that can clue me in on it?

Adding LA to any name is hilarious. People used to sell blue dream as LA Dream aaaallll the time. Fools ate that shit up.

That's a great story. I remember the first time I had super headies. It was senior yr and my budddy the Greek, was a skater and deadhead that always hooked it up with like high grade beasters. There was one time though when he was like "I can only.give u a slice and its gonna be $70. Its from a special.place called Humboldt California. Its where the best weed on the world comes from." Homie gives me a sack of purple, this was in April 03. And it was the first 1 hitter quitter me and the boys had had. 8th lasted a couple weeks of chillum hits hahaha looking back it was probably some trainwreck.

I skipped my prom to sit in the shed with my buddy Iain. I'd gotten a sick 18" fumed bong that cost me like $500 that week and we sat in there roasting and listening to half pint and black sabbath. No getting nothing for me hahahah that bong was dope as hell too...

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1524 on: June 02, 2022, 09:50:05 PM »
I'll have to get some pics up soon but my homie dropped off a few mixed nugs today and I'm stoked.

Only one I dug into was the Zeta (supposedly an afghani X train wreck X OG Kush) smells/tastes/feels like TW. It's one of those stones where time passes in a really unique way. I was eating macaroni and cheese, watching my puppy eat a frozen kong treat and I'm saying "damn. she's taking a long time tonight. wow." and my girl says "it's been 4 minutes. literally, 4 minutes have passed since we sat down and she started." heavy eyelids to the point where I know that I looked classically baked like I smoked a blunt of regs or something but in reality only took a couple utilitarian bong rips. torso and limbs didn't start off feeling any sedative aspects of the herb, but after about an hour in I realized that while still in use, my body felt quite relaxed and at ease.

I'd like to start with all of these fresh, no intermixing with others during the day, so I'm going to spread em out over the weekend. Haven't had any of these in 15+ years, probably longer. Was never really a Haze kid back then either, of course sometimes, but I dealt with the hippies and haze was more prevalent with the G's and "drug dealers." So I'm really looking forward to seeing where it takes me. This whole gift is kind of like a trip back in time. anyways, the others are:

Amnesia Haze
SSHaze
Golden Pineapple
(Pineapple x Golden Goat) @Buttfart Rapedick this shit smells soooo good with that pineapple smell from the pineapple or PTW that used to pop up from time to time in the early 00s. smells like I popped a can of pineapple slices or rather, got a fresh pineapple juice from a good juice bar, except heavier.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1525 on: June 03, 2022, 11:39:54 AM »
I'll have to get some pics up soon but my homie dropped off a few mixed nugs today and I'm stoked.

Only one I dug into was the Zeta (supposedly an afghani X train wreck X OG Kush) smells/tastes/feels like TW. It's one of those stones where time passes in a really unique way. I was eating macaroni and cheese, watching my puppy eat a frozen kong treat and I'm saying "damn. she's taking a long time tonight. wow." and my girl says "it's been 4 minutes. literally, 4 minutes have passed since we sat down and she started." heavy eyelids to the point where I know that I looked classically baked like I smoked a blunt of regs or something but in reality only took a couple utilitarian bong rips. torso and limbs didn't start off feeling any sedative aspects of the herb, but after about an hour in I realized that while still in use, my body felt quite relaxed and at ease.

I'd like to start with all of these fresh, no intermixing with others during the day, so I'm going to spread em out over the weekend. Haven't had any of these in 15+ years, probably longer. Was never really a Haze kid back then either, of course sometimes, but I dealt with the hippies and haze was more prevalent with the G's and "drug dealers." So I'm really looking forward to seeing where it takes me. This whole gift is kind of like a trip back in time. anyways, the others are:

Amnesia Haze
SSHaze
Golden Pineapple
(Pineapple x Golden Goat) @Buttfart Rapedick this shit smells soooo good with that pineapple smell from the pineapple or PTW that used to pop up from time to time in the early 00s. smells like I popped a can of pineapple slices or rather, got a fresh pineapple juice from a good juice bar, except heavier.

Yooo! Dude I was hitting the Golden Pineapple hard yesterday and thinking what a pleasant surprise it was for me. So sick that you got some. I find that limonene dominant strains like PK are usually strong and can be devoid of euphoria (or sometimes even dysphoric), but they can also enhance and potentiate the effects of other strains and this cross got the best of both parents for sure. Since Goat is one of those super happy tropical sativas you end up with this really wild high that like... Knocks you on your ass but tickles you the whole way down. It can be a plan-wrecker though just because it tastes so good you don't want to stop hitting it. The green hits are something to savor for sure.

Zeta sounds rad. TW isn't like in my top 5 but I enjoy it quite a bit, it's very much my kind of energetic and focused high but I don't see it around here that much. Combine that with 2 legends and its hard to go wrong.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1526 on: June 03, 2022, 02:15:40 PM »
its drought over here. im stressed from working like its the 20s and theres no bud anywhere. lol

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1527 on: June 03, 2022, 04:15:45 PM »
its drought over here. im stressed from working like its the 20s and theres no bud anywhere. lol

we used to get a drought every August-October in most parts of the US. Crappy Mexican brick weed was available most of the time, but anything halfway decent was generally gone or incredibly expensive for those two months. What I later deduced was that this was due to the harvest season of outdoor bud on the west coast. Most growers did 1 large full-term (in the ground may1- drying in mid October crop) grow. then came the wide spread proliferation of light-deprivation greenhouse style growing, which enabled numerous harvests throughout the year. there was still often a minor drought up until maybe 10years ago, now though, everyones ruining the hillsides with lights at night...

anyways, sorry to hijack your comment. the buds will come to you. maybe it's time for some hash?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1528 on: June 03, 2022, 08:40:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

we used to get a drought every August-October in most parts of the US. Crappy Mexican brick weed was available most of the time, but anything halfway decent was generally gone or incredibly expensive for those two months. What I later deduced was that this was due to the harvest season of outdoor bud on the west coast. Most growers did 1 large full-term (in the ground may1- drying in mid October crop) grow. then came the wide spread proliferation of light-deprivation greenhouse style growing, which enabled numerous harvests throughout the year. there was still often a minor drought up until maybe 10years ago, now though, everyones ruining the hillsides with lights at night...

anyways, sorry to hijack your comment. the buds will come to you. maybe it's time for some hash?

Back to school schwag! Hahha I had forgotten about that shit. Every fucking year. Even the beasters that I fucking lived on would stop showing up. It's hilarious that even though we lived like 4 states apart we have so many shared experiences just growing up in the Northeast at the same time.

@frank any word on when your legal market is opening up? I thought they were trying to fast track it. Hope you find something soon, so fucking stupid that we're still restricting access to something that makes life better for so many people. In the dark times of my youth I'd often have to undergo the cursed ritual of scraping resin out of my bowl and smoking it, I pray we never return to those days.

Finished my blueberry and enjoyed it so much that I think I might get more tomorrow. They only have grams though. With most strains I hate that I can't buy grams, but with this one Im annoyed I can't buy eighths. Really fucking dig BB right now though, it's truly a masterpiece of breeding.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #1529 on: June 03, 2022, 08:48:58 PM »
I cut back a bit but I've been getting grams of top shelf for $15, I've been smoking some shit called Mac 1. Just roasted a huge bowl after waiting all day, almost feels like I took a big dab