Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180825 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1530 on: June 03, 2022, 09:25:09 PM »
I cut back a bit but I've been getting grams of top shelf for $15, I've been smoking some shit called Mac 1. Just roasted a huge bowl after waiting all day, almost feels like I took a big dab

MAC 1 is good stuff. It's one of those modern supercrosses that I actually don't hate. The A in MAC (miracle alien cookies) comes from it having some alien tech roots and I'm pretty fond of anything alien. Alien rift is one of my favorite strains right now.

If you ever get a chance to try MAC & cheese it's another really good one.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1531 on: June 05, 2022, 12:40:06 PM »
Sunday Funday discount so I grabbed a few thangs.

- Jack Herer again. It's good and I'm not sick of it so I got another quarter.

- Tru Blue...they were sold out of blueberry AND blueberry muffin so I had to get something called Tru Blue that has a very unimpressive label. It's also almost a year old and from one of the worst reputation growers in the state so I'm fully expecting this to be trash, but it was $16 for the 8th. Genetics are supposed to be double blueberry but apparently blue dream x blueberry is also known as true blue some places so maybe its that.

- Gator Breath. I've honestly passed over this probably a hundred times and never actually looked at it just because I hate the name. Then I found out it was (Motor Breath 15 x Triangle Kush Bx1) and was 50% off this week. The label, smell, and a quick scan with a loupe all point to this being very good. It's got the weirdest trich population... It's absolutely packed but theyre very short and uniform. It's pretty cool looking actually.

Pics and whatnot in the morning. Gonna sit down and sample the gator breath here in a bit.

Edit: didn't look at the label that closely. This is pretty nuts. Almost 2% myrcene and over 3% total terps on a strong indica

https://i.imgur.com/8HMDmSq.jpg

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1532 on: June 06, 2022, 05:15:16 AM »
Damn I wrote a full review of how good Gator breath is and then got an error when I submitted and closed the window without thinking haha. Cliffs notes - more lemony and OGish than I expected, starts as a super pleasant hybrid and slowly morphs into a long lasting couch lock with a smile. Its really nice, one of those crosses that seems to take the best of both parents.

Pics - Frank this one might be worth checking out when you get a chance, it's very much one of those "dark and heavy" strains that we both enjoy

https://i.imgur.com/lAFulAb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qDZjWgI.jpg

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 06:09:47 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1533 on: June 06, 2022, 10:57:31 AM »
^
hell yeah, looks great

our legalization might take until 2024 :(

the government wants to do it this year but apparently were breaking eu law and the process to pull out of that contract/agreement will take until then. sounds absurd when other countries already decriminalized, like spain and portugal. i guess it's because they actually want to legalize and sell it like you guys and not just decriminalize. there seems to be no precedent in eu law for that.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1534 on: June 06, 2022, 03:27:49 PM »
^
hell yeah, looks great

the government wants to do it this year but apparently were breaking eu law and the process to pull out of that contract/agreement will take until then. sounds absurd when other countries already decriminalized, like spain and portugal. i guess it's because they actually want to legalize and sell it like you guys and not just decriminalize. there seems to be no precedent in eu law for that.

Oof. Are they gonna let you guys grow? That's one thing that we can't do here and I wish we could. That might be for the best though, I would probably get way too into it haha.

This shit is really nice. The high reminds me of critical kush but the taste is like critical kush's dirty cousin from Florida that wears too much perfume. I tried to smoke a joint of it and barely made it halfway. I think the best way to describe it is a crushing high. Like someone turned gravity up a few notches or something haha.

Hope you score something nice and kushy soon dude.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1535 on: June 06, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »
Expand Quote
^
hell yeah, looks great

[close]

Oof. Are they gonna let you guys grow? That's one thing that we can't do here and I wish we could. That might be for the best though, I would probably get way too into it haha.

This shit is really nice. The high reminds me of critical kush but the taste is like critical kush's dirty cousin from Florida that wears too much perfume. I tried to smoke a joint of it and barely made it halfway. I think the best way to describe it is a crushing high. Like someone turned gravity up a few notches or something haha.

Hope you score something nice and kushy soon dude.

i hope we will just ignore the eu regulations and sort of use our hegemony in the eu to just do it the american way and not give a fuck. for once i would approve of that. other eu countries break such agreements all the time and usually the eu takes pretty long to fine a state afaik.

dude, after i posted to be with no bud, i got coincidentally got hooked up later with some actually nice gelato. was very kushy indeed. i was glad it wasn't the super chaotic kind of dessert strain. next time i'll take some pics. stuff was expensive for here tho, but also very good. shit, our weed is cheap compared to yours... if i pay more than 10 euros for a g it's considered expensive. but also grown worse i guess and not trimmed as nice. i took a look at some us gasstation gelato pack tho a few weeks back and that was disappointing. felt and looked like brick weed and had no smell. tbh i didn't even smoke it back then, it just seemed not good...

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1536 on: June 06, 2022, 03:55:21 PM »
I've been having quite the adventure trying OGs lately. Rudeboi might be one of the most potent nugs I've tried in the vape. ^^ Triangle is one on my short list to try, and also Ghost, Lost Coast and Kosher. Looking to try more of the citrus end vs. the earthy end. It's annoying picking up "OG Kush" only to find out that it's a straight Hindu Kush x Chem cross, with no Lemon Thai involved, which is a major bummer.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1537 on: June 06, 2022, 04:41:56 PM »
I thought I lost a few grams -- worried maybe I'd thrown the sack in the trash accidentally or dropped it somewhere or left it at someone else's place -- but, thankfully, I recovered it in this shopping bag I brought in from my ride. Just forgot I'd put it in there to get it from the car to the home easier.

Not that I am want for weed or anything...but I do still trip out on lost sacks as I come from the old school where a lost sack can come back from the dead and bite you in the ass at a checkpoint or an airport.

Happy smoking, fellas.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1538 on: June 06, 2022, 04:52:20 PM »
I've been having quite the adventure trying OGs lately. Rudeboi might be one of the most potent nugs I've tried in the vape. ^^ Triangle is one on my short list to try, and also Ghost, Lost Coast and Kosher. Looking to try more of the citrus end vs. the earthy end. It's annoying picking up "OG Kush" only to find out that it's a straight Hindu Kush x Chem cross, with no Lemon Thai involved, which is a major bummer.

Ghost used to be one of my favorite hybrid highs but I haven't seen it for a moment. Triangle and all the other Florida "Crippy" strains are really good, they tend to be piney and strong. The one that I was really impressed with was Biker OG. It sounds like it would be on the earthy side, and maybe this was just my cut, but it was one of the nicest lemon pinesol smelling/tasting flowers I've had in a minute. Some of the private reserve/OG 18 I've had was super lemony too. Tahoe is pretty much the quintessential lemony OG and one of the best too but if your state is anything like mine it's like playing where's Waldo to find a real cut and not them just appropriating a famous but kinda untraceable name for some backyard breeder special.

If you're in a state with terpene analysis look for higher limonene and myrcene levels if you want to lean to the citrusy side... caryophyllene (black peppery) and humulene (hoppy) are the earthy terps, and then pinene is pine haha. If it has a load of myrcene and limonene and a moderate amount of caryo then it'll probably be close to what you want.

Oh, has anyone ever had Gas? That's the strain name, not the lead in to a bad joke. Wait now it kinda is. Anyways, internet says it's supposed to be a super potent OG pheno that has pure indica traits (like knocking you the fuck out). I got a cart of Gas Tanker (Gas x Sour Diesel) and I'm really digging the effects. It's very relaxing and couch locky, so if this Gas shit is strong enough to tame Sour D like this then man I would love to try it on its own.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1539 on: June 07, 2022, 01:33:40 PM »
Smoked a big ol joint of the Tru Blue after work. Something I didn't pick up on until I hit it was that it has a ton of pinene in it. Like almost as much as myrcene which is normally far and away the dominant terpene in blueberry strains. This leads me to believe that it's actually a Blue Dream cross rather than (djsbb x djsbb). It definitely leans more towards that happy hybrid kinda thing rather than the sweet indica pillow magnet blueberry high that I cherish. I don't know what they fucked up but it's under 1% total terps so it's kinda like caffeine free diet blue dream. Back in the day I would have been fine paying $50 for it but it's just not up to par for a medical grade bud.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1540 on: June 14, 2022, 02:29:08 PM »
Kind of in a drought in my area in terms of stuff I like, and there's a TON of candy weed out right now so I had very little to choose from. I wanted something chill but not tiring but didn't just want to get another q of Jack Herer. Ended up going with something I spent entire summers smoking when I was younger but haven't had for a long time.

https://i.imgur.com/n9Uu0YC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dDjlbNY.jpg

Popped the jar and was hit with a ton of memories, smells almost exactly like that chalky gum you used to get in packs of baseball cards. It's not amazing but grown perfectly competently with a few amber trichs and a nice cure that's held up without any humidity aids.

The high is light, floaty, and happy as BBG should be but pleasantly mild. After I smoked this I was sitting outside and the birds were chirping and squirrels were running around doing squirrel shit and I was just vibing with it all. I'm interested to see how I handle a high myrcene strain as a day starter.

I also snagged a gram of Bubba Diagonal. The terps didn't look too hot so I'm not expecting much. Might try it tonight.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1541 on: June 18, 2022, 01:29:37 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/q1aM58V.jpg

Chaos kush. I wish I knew more about this strain. It's citusy but with a little bit of pepper to it and has a slightly sativa leaning high. Whatever it really is, it's sticky as fuck. It almost looks wet. Good stuff.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1542 on: June 18, 2022, 02:12:14 PM »
I traded a bunch of beef for a giant sack of shake. it's dry but a nice mix hahaha trade and barter
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1543 on: June 18, 2022, 02:27:50 PM »
I traded a bunch of beef for a giant sack of shake. it's dry but a nice mix hahaha trade and barter

this is the type of relateable shit i want to see in this thread

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1544 on: June 19, 2022, 01:42:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is the type of relateable shit i want to see in this thread

My friends little sister let her dealer jerk off on her feet for a QP of beasters back in the day. I tried to get the same deal but he wasn't biting.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1545 on: June 21, 2022, 07:01:37 AM »
I traded a pair of Reynolds 2's that were too small for me for some weed a long time ago

idk if this requires a new thread but i dont realyl smoke mcuh buds these days unless its my birthday or some shit , the odd time i will roll a blunt or just get some pre rolls

i mostly just vape those THC infused USB Drives. trying to just hit less and less though. i have had a lot of different brnads that are on the market in Ontario... so many have come and gone. The only one i really havent gotten sick of is Atomic Sour Grapefruit by Spinach (~$35 all in with tax). All of their vapes i found pretty decent. there are so many bad ones out there. if anyone can put me on to any other good ones id be willling to try. i have had a few nice Live Resin / Rosin type stuff before that was really good too but its very expensive. maybe if my consumption goes down to like 1x a week i will start buying those again.
ONTARIO CANADA

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1546 on: June 21, 2022, 07:44:52 AM »
I traded a pair of Reynolds 2's that were too small for me for some weed a long time ago

idk if this requires a new thread but i dont realyl smoke mcuh buds these days unless its my birthday or some shit , the odd time i will roll a blunt or just get some pre rolls

i mostly just vape those THC infused USB Drives. trying to just hit less and less though. i have had a lot of different brnads that are on the market in Ontario... so many have come and gone. The only one i really havent gotten sick of is Atomic Sour Grapefruit by Spinach (~$35 all in with tax). All of their vapes i found pretty decent. there are so many bad ones out there. if anyone can put me on to any other good ones id be willling to try. i have had a few nice Live Resin / Rosin type stuff before that was really good too but its very expensive. maybe if my consumption goes down to like 1x a week i will start buying those again.

Nah man no new thread needed, we welcome and appreciate the ganja no matter how you consume. Hell they have suppositories here and I've considered trying them if the price is right. The dosage is pretty low though and they're mostly targeted at women but you only live once ya know?

I post the pics and descriptions for myself as much as anyone else. It's kind of a journal and personal reference guide wrapped up in one and it really did help me keep things organized and learn, especially early on. I actually vape or dab LLR carts and extracts just as often, I just don't really post pics unless it's something really good.

Gonna probably snag some Alien Rift from a new grower after work today. Curious to see how it compares with the stuff I usually get.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #1547 on: June 21, 2022, 10:49:59 AM »
Used to be a daily smoker 10ish years back, had a few horrible overdoing it with edibles experiences and now getting baked without also being drunk leads to mad anxiety and panic attacks.

Any advice on things to look for in strains to avoid this anxiety? I’d like to cut back on drinking and smoke a bit more as an alternative, hoping to setup a new/better relationship with both substances.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1548 on: June 21, 2022, 08:38:42 PM »
Used to be a daily smoker 10ish years back, had a few horrible overdoing it with edibles experiences and now getting baked without also being drunk leads to mad anxiety and panic attacks.

Any advice on things to look for in strains to avoid this anxiety? I’d like to cut back on drinking and smoke a bit more as an alternative, hoping to setup a new/better relationship with both substances.

Hey dude. So before I got my card last year I had taken like 8 years off, first for legal stuff and then because like you I had anxiety issues. I actually thought I had "outgrown it" and fully expected to hate it when I started but it ended up being quite the opposite haha. I don't drink anymore so I can't help you there but I know a little about the electric lettuce.

First off, are you somewhere that has a legal market? If so that'll typically give you access to a wider variety of strains and if they have terpene analysis you can use that to figure out what works best for you.

OK so the first thing you'll hear is to avoid sativas and I would say that's a good idea in the beginning. I would avoid the candy and pastry strains as much as possible too, they tend to be pretty heavy and not very euphoric or relaxing in my experience. I would start with some classic indica strains if you're prone to anxiety. I'm very partial to blueberry and afghani strains but I also find purple kush to be a really nice relaxing high. The other area I would look at are some of the OG kush strains. Biker OG, Tahoe OG, and OG18 are some personal faves. Northern Lights is a classic you can't go wrong with too. Oh and also GMO/Garlic Cookies is a really good one but it can be quite potent. I'm going to think of a bunch of these when I'm laying in bed tonight haha.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1549 on: June 21, 2022, 09:51:47 PM »
Get yourself some granddaddy purple (GDP) and blaze. Its easy going and mellow.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1550 on: June 22, 2022, 01:39:41 AM »
GDP is another good one. Really any of the older purple indicas should be good.

So like 10 minutes ago I'm outside sitting on my board about to smoke a big fat J of blue agave and a cop turns onto my street, then into my driveway with his lights blaring in my eyes and when he shuts them off I see another one pulling in behind him, then another. I got all excited thinking I was going to be able to show them my card and tell them to fuck off but they were here for something else. I did see them sniffing around my board and taking a closer look at my vape pen and little joint case when I ran inside to get a working lighter but no one said a word to me. Such a weird vibe, I wonder if it's awkward for them too or they just don't give a fuck.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1551 on: June 22, 2022, 12:16:27 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/Z0ugkC2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GtOfsFM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WIcHUK3.jpg

Oh man this strain is so fucking good. Seriously, I can't believe I slept on it as long as I did. Myrcene out the ass but it isn't harsh, this shit tastes like sour blue candy with just a hint of gas to it. And man I love this kind of blissful indica high. Very reminiscent of afghani but the sweet floral heady kind, not the heavy body high you get with some of the earthy ones, it's very relaxed and happy but not much in the way of pain relief. The mood elevation and stellar relaxation has been consistent across multiple growers, so these genes are potent as fuck.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #1552 on: June 22, 2022, 06:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey dude. So before I got my card last year I had taken like 8 years off, first for legal stuff and then because like you I had anxiety issues. I actually thought I had "outgrown it" and fully expected to hate it when I started but it ended up being quite the opposite haha. I don't drink anymore so I can't help you there but I know a little about the electric lettuce.

First off, are you somewhere that has a legal market? If so that'll typically give you access to a wider variety of strains and if they have terpene analysis you can use that to figure out what works best for you.

OK so the first thing you'll hear is to avoid sativas and I would say that's a good idea in the beginning. I would avoid the candy and pastry strains as much as possible too, they tend to be pretty heavy and not very euphoric or relaxing in my experience. I would start with some classic indica strains if you're prone to anxiety. I'm very partial to blueberry and afghani strains but I also find purple kush to be a really nice relaxing high. The other area I would look at are some of the OG kush strains. Biker OG, Tahoe OG, and OG18 are some personal faves. Northern Lights is a classic you can't go wrong with too. Oh and also GMO/Garlic Cookies is a really good one but it can be quite potent. I'm going to think of a bunch of these when I'm laying in bed tonight haha.
thank you man I really appreciate it - I’m pretty confident I can get what I want out of weed that I currently get out of booze (taking the edge off a bit, enjoying music/movies/relaxing) without the negatives of booze (hangovers, being a fat fuck) if I’m smart about it. I’ll definitely look into some of the OG kush strains. I’ve already been avoiding sativas the last few years on the rare occasions I’ve bought stuff. I’ve heard a lot about individual terpenes making a difference for anxiety and other side effects, any merit to that?

So I moved to NYC a few years ago - technically no legal dispensaries, but every corner store and smoke shop sells stuff under the table. Just not sure on quality/accuracy of labeling. Friend who I trust recommended some delivery services that apparently have dispensary-quality stuff, been thinking about trying that.

I’m close enough to MA and NJ which have legal markets so I could always make a trip.

Really appreciate the input!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1553 on: June 22, 2022, 09:38:47 PM »
Hey no problem man, I think there's a good chance you can find those things again, especially if you've been there before, and you're spot on about it not having the negative side effects. Especially now that you don't have to hide it or worry about the fuzz rolling up on you.

So terpenes definitely make a huge difference in my opinion. I'm in PA where we get detailed labels and I can more or less tell what a bud is going to do to me from reading those. For example I try to avoid stuff thats limonene and caryophellene dominant (most of the stuff that's popular right now haha) because it will spike my anxiety and doesn't have the euphoria I get from myrcene and terpinoline dominant strains. It's not an exact science and everyone is different though, so those may be the strains that work best for you.

I would start with an OG or if you can find a cut of just plain old afghani that's a great one that tends to be pretty mild thc-wise as well which might help you control it better. My biggest piece of advice is to go slow... You may find that as you've gotten older you only need one or two good hits to get where you want to be. For the first month or so I would smoke a quarter J and be done. Also if your anxiety spikes try eating something or distracting yourself and it may pass.

I really hope it works for you dude, it's been a revelation for me in my late 30s.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #1554 on: June 23, 2022, 10:58:33 AM »
Hell yeah man that’s super helpful, I’m over here taking notes for myself. Definitely need to start with just a small puff or two and wait 15-30 to see how I’m feeling. Definitely a change from 10-15 years ago being late teen early 20s and chugging down whatever substances were on hand.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1555 on: June 25, 2022, 02:45:47 PM »
just snatched up some biscotti. tastes really good. i don't feel shit yet, but i'm psyched about having a good tasting indica dominant again.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1556 on: June 25, 2022, 09:42:51 PM »
just snatched up some biscotti. tastes really good. i don't feel shit yet, but i'm psyched about having a good tasting indica dominant again.

I've been seeing that pop up on the menus here but always wrote it off as another pastry strain. Just looked up the genetics though and it's Gelato x "south Florida OG" which I assume is the piney/lemony strain sometimes referred to as Crispy, so I imagine it's delicious. Let me know how the effects pan out, I always enjoy your take on things since I think we have pretty similar palettes.

I cleared a couple fools out in a poker game on my lunch break so I decided to go grab some goodies for the big wrestling PPV tomorrow.

https://imgur.com/a/32PlcnE

A little disappointed with the purple thai, not because it isn't good but because it's basically the same thing as the African Thai parent this grower uses for a lot of their strains. The blueberry is the same batch as the last one, but the Krypto Chronic is something from the same grower that I haven't seen before. Haven't had it before but from the smell and terp profile I'm thinking it's going to be similar to the Gator Breath.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1557 on: June 29, 2022, 02:41:38 AM »
@NoComply180

Here's the terp labels from alien rift and Blueberry just so you have kind of an idea of what to look at if you come across one. These strains have similar effects overall but there's a bit of nuance to them... The AR is kind of a straight forward goofy high that hits your head right away but doesn't have a ton of physical effects. The bloobs can be a bit more of a creeper and the higher levels of what I call "earthy" terpenes like caryophellene and humulene gives it more of a classic indica body high. It shares the happy and goofy head high I get from myrcene but eventually ends up with more of a couch lock effect. I like the AR for video games or things where I have to be somewhat engaged and the BB for just laying in bed watching TV.

Personally, I've been really enjoying the Purple Thai I posted the other day. I was wrong about it being the same as its African Thai parent, once I got it in a grinder and good paper I was able to really taste it and there's definitely some purp in there. The high is really nice, it starts off like one of those infamously potent peppery Thai sativas but it very quickly mellows out into a strong but surprisingly balanced hybrid stone with excellent physical efficacy.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1558 on: June 29, 2022, 10:55:36 AM »
that biscotti i had was excellent. tasted unusual, but great. sweet and a little zingy/citrusy on the inhale, and earthy and kind of spicy(almost garlicy) on the exhale. and the effect was awesome. very social and super relaxed but still intense high, without being tiring. it also immediately killed most aches i had when i smoked.

highly recommended. i imagine this would be very good against social anxiety issues. one of the most peaceful and positive effects i ever had. i guess cerebral is the right word. it's like the anthithesis to haze for me.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #1559 on: June 30, 2022, 10:56:44 AM »
Apologies for not posting any new pics of the good good in a while, my dispo has not gotten in anything new for a bit and I've just been smoking mids or the same strains I've already posted pics of in here before. I've had Master Kush, Tahoe OG, Black Lava and Atomic Apple all in rotation. I got some top shelf Wedding Pie for my brother's birthday last week and it was a full on dick in the dirt type scenario