Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180820 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1590 on: July 30, 2022, 04:28:17 AM »
What's up pals, I'll join in on the weed thread here. I smoked a lot from about 14-21 including experimenting with mushrooms and LSD, then stayed sober for about a decade just out of choice. Got into weed again on a more specific medicinal type level, and I only like to smoke vape carts. After trying different strains like jack herer, pineapple express, blue dream, mac #1, gorilla cookies, cake breath... I've learned I prefer caryophyllene as the terpine of choice. I don't like getting obliterated, just a hit or two that eases any anxiety or bad thought loops. All the strains I've listed usually jived with me well, besides a few I'm forgetting, which those ones probably didn't. I don't like how sometimes I might get a sudden sinking feeling and feel a bit mentally "weak" if that makes sense, or kind of vulnerable, as in it throws me off my center, when prior to that moment of taking a hit I was fine sober. I like to smoke with the intention of peace and also mental clarity and seeing things from a different perspective and personal growth through things that I maybe couldn't process well being sober. If anyone understands and has any recommendations for strains, let me know.

Hey dude, lots of similarities to my story as well..longtime daily rec smoker growing up, quit for a long time, then got into the medical side of things and discovered how powerful this plant is and how much we still have to learn about it.

I know what you mean about some strains just not sitting right, what's interesting is that for me it tends to be strains that are high in caryophellene and limonene but don't have myrcene to balance it out.

Have you tried Sour Diesel? That's one that usually messes me up, but other people love it.

Personally I would recommend GG4, particularly the phenos that are high in myrcene. Also I know I sound like a broken record but I firmly believe you can't go wrong with blueberry, especially as a night time mind calmer. It's just a generally happy and peaceful strain. Ohh and keep an eye out for Biker OG, that's one of my favorite all rounders and has a nice earthy bite to it.

I find caryo to be excellent for physical stuff.. Inflammation and pain relief mostly, but I like it as a complimentary terp rather the primary one. gg4, the earthy side of the OG family tree, and Northern Lights are all incredible for my back and hip pain.

MC3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #1591 on: July 30, 2022, 11:59:27 PM »
Got properly high for the first time in a long while, and now I am really into Frog Skateboards
(Cool Trick GIF)

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1592 on: July 31, 2022, 09:13:32 AM »
Got properly high for the first time in a long while, and now I am really into Frog Skateboards

I couldnt smoke for a couple days and then when I finally did (yesterday) I spent like 8 hours in bed watching a Sumo Wrestling tournament on YouTube. Shits actually pretty interesting.

2cents

• Rep: 83
« Reply #1593 on: August 01, 2022, 12:01:36 PM »
i made weed butter and a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9XPJI0Q_nc

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1594 on: August 01, 2022, 04:47:48 PM »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1595 on: August 02, 2022, 05:38:15 AM »

Haha dude this is great. Very concise and informative.

Expand Quote
[close]

Well executed video. What would you estimate that would yield in terms of servings or overall number of THC milligrams?

That's gonna depend strongly on the starting material, like 7g of a 30% THCa flower is going to be roughly twice as strong as a 15% strain etc.

I'm not sure about real world yield but for a theoretical one I suppose you can always use THCa x weight to calculate the total amount of thc in the flower, then to account for decarboxylation from thca to thc you'll want to multiply by .877. It's not a super complicated reaction so I would guess it's probably pretty efficient but this is admittedly not my wheelhouse so there may be other considerations im overlooking.

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #1596 on: August 02, 2022, 08:51:20 AM »
Expand Quote
What's up pals, I'll join in on the weed thread here. I smoked a lot from about 14-21 including experimenting with mushrooms and LSD, then stayed sober for about a decade just out of choice. Got into weed again on a more specific medicinal type level, and I only like to smoke vape carts. After trying different strains like jack herer, pineapple express, blue dream, mac #1, gorilla cookies, cake breath... I've learned I prefer caryophyllene as the terpine of choice. I don't like getting obliterated, just a hit or two that eases any anxiety or bad thought loops. All the strains I've listed usually jived with me well, besides a few I'm forgetting, which those ones probably didn't. I don't like how sometimes I might get a sudden sinking feeling and feel a bit mentally "weak" if that makes sense, or kind of vulnerable, as in it throws me off my center, when prior to that moment of taking a hit I was fine sober. I like to smoke with the intention of peace and also mental clarity and seeing things from a different perspective and personal growth through things that I maybe couldn't process well being sober. If anyone understands and has any recommendations for strains, let me know.
[close]

Hey dude, lots of similarities to my story as well..longtime daily rec smoker growing up, quit for a long time, then got into the medical side of things and discovered how powerful this plant is and how much we still have to learn about it.

I know what you mean about some strains just not sitting right, what's interesting is that for me it tends to be strains that are high in caryophellene and limonene but don't have myrcene to balance it out.

Have you tried Sour Diesel? That's one that usually messes me up, but other people love it.

Personally I would recommend GG4, particularly the phenos that are high in myrcene. Also I know I sound like a broken record but I firmly believe you can't go wrong with blueberry, especially as a night time mind calmer. It's just a generally happy and peaceful strain. Ohh and keep an eye out for Biker OG, that's one of my favorite all rounders and has a nice earthy bite to it.

I find caryo to be excellent for physical stuff.. Inflammation and pain relief mostly, but I like it as a complimentary terp rather the primary one. gg4, the earthy side of the OG family tree, and Northern Lights are all incredible for my back and hip pain.

Thank you for the detailed reply man! I have not tried GG4, I read on its couchlock effects and wasn't very interested in that. I like something that allows me to still have energy to go and do something and be social if need be, anything too powerful or overwhelming is not what i'm looking for. It's legal for rec here and I found the company named aeriz to have the best carts in terms of actually filling them up all the way and the quality. I now learned that full spectrum oil is the only way to go now, regular distillate carts don't have the same potential for me. Cake breath is the latest one I bought, and for the most part I like it, although it still gives me a weird sinking feeling sometimes in the beginning and like a non-social vibe. Prior to that I was really digging gorilla cookies. If you have any other strains you could recommend that aren't too couchlock or sleepy effects, definitely let me know.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1597 on: August 02, 2022, 12:32:01 PM »
Super random seed i found in a film canister. I said fuck it lets see how it does outside in upstate NY. Its only a month old and it it is a survivor. I throw no water at it besides what comes from nature. I only give it my nanner peels and egg shells. Im trying to be mean to it. Damn thing wont fight back. It still loves it LMAO.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1598 on: August 02, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thank you for the detailed reply man! I have not tried GG4, I read on its couchlock effects and wasn't very interested in that. I like something that allows me to still have energy to go and do something and be social if need be, anything too powerful or overwhelming is not what i'm looking for. It's legal for rec here and I found the company named aeriz to have the best carts in terms of actually filling them up all the way and the quality. I now learned that full spectrum oil is the only way to go now, regular distillate carts don't have the same potential for me. Cake breath is the latest one I bought, and for the most part I like it, although it still gives me a weird sinking feeling sometimes in the beginning and like a non-social vibe. Prior to that I was really digging gorilla cookies. If you have any other strains you could recommend that aren't too couchlock or sleepy effects, definitely let me know.

probably one or two pages back i talked about biscotti. that could be your thing. it's fairly high in thc content, but doesn't knock you out. kind of the best of both worlds. it makes your body relaxed without making you lazy, so if you need to get loose for a skate sesh that's a good one. it made me super social and i immediately wanted to phone or text a friend when i smoked it alone just to shoot the shit. also it has this earthy and peppery taste with enough lemonene in it to still taste fresh. overall if i could have it all the time, that would be my daytime strain probably. there was zero downside to it for me personally. you can smoke one first thing in the morning and it makes you stoked on starting your day and plans. you smoke it in the evening and it chills you out. it just goes along with your mood. highly recommended and also a very good painkiller.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1599 on: August 02, 2022, 06:19:34 PM »
Super random seed i found in a film canister. I said fuck it lets see how it does outside in upstate NY. Its only a month old and it it is a survivor. I throw no water at it besides what comes from nature. I only give it my nanner peels and egg shells. Im trying to be mean to it. Damn thing wont fight back. It still loves it LMAO.

Hahahhaha I fucking love this. You've got a BDSM plant. It just loves being abused and demeaned and begs for more. Try pissing on it, it might be into that.

(don't actually do that)

I try to stick to hydrocarbon extracted live resin carts, but if I'm doing distillates then yeah it's gotta be FSC and there's only a few companies I trust to not just pump them full of botanical or food terps. The only ones I really get anymore are from grassroots/select and GTI/Rhythm which are both national evil corporate weed companies, I have no clue if they're any good in other states.

So here's the interesting thing about GG4, despite it being a relatively modern strain it got so popular so fast that there's already a ton of different phenos out there. Some of them are very couch-locky (these are the ones I adore haha) but others are straight hybrid and won't give me any sedation. In PA we have, as of this week when a new one dropped, I believe 8 growers that do a glue cut and they're all a little different haha.
I dunno if your dispensaries use Jane or something like that where you can leave reviews of the individual products but if they do I would read a few and see if there's any of the more hybrid leaning cuts. Not sure if they use the same genetic stock in every state, but if you have Rythm (or some other green thumb industries brand) I would classify their cut as squarely hybrid with almost no sleepiness. Cresco, on the other hand, has a super sedating cut so thats the one I tend to go for when I get carts. All this being said, GG4 is one of those strains where I tend to prefer flower to extracts. It's got a very unique taste that can be overwhelming if not done well, so if you do decide to ever try it I would recommend getting a gram of the flower or a cheap live resin cart first just to kinda see if you hate it.

I'm going shopping in the morning. Eyeing up either Anonymous OG or (ironically) the GG4 that one of our higher end growers just dropped for the first time. The anonymous OG is supposed to be a hand selected OG Kush based on Kushishima and I haven't had a good OG for a minute so I'm kinda leaning that way but I'll probably change my mind 4 times by the morning and then end up getting something totally different once I get there.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I did the typical stoner thing and cleaned my room for the first time in weeks and found a nug. No idea what it is but thanks to the ridiculous humidity and me feeling guilty about running my AC all day it's actually still in pretty smokeable condition. No clue what the fuck it is though.

https://i.imgur.com/bIv5IU4.jpg

« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 06:26:21 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

caked

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1600 on: August 03, 2022, 04:25:35 PM »
any of you guys dry herb vaporize? I've been exclusively dry herb vaping for about 5 years now and I'm pretty nerdy about it. I own 7 vaporizers now and waiting on an eighth  ;D

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1601 on: August 03, 2022, 04:58:20 PM »
any of you guys dry herb vaporize? I've been exclusively dry herb vaping for about 5 years now and I'm pretty nerdy about it. I own 7 vaporizers now and waiting on an eighth  ;D

yeah sometimes, not always. i got the dynavap. it works very well. i had a gpen way back and that thing didn't taste very good.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1602 on: August 04, 2022, 05:22:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah sometimes, not always. i got the dynavap. it works very well. i had a gpen way back and that thing didn't taste very good.

I lost my dynavap  :(

I don't vape flower much but as far as taste goes it's the best I've tried. I'm sure some of those $300 desktop rigs are better but I don't know anyone serious enough to own one.

Getting ready to put my order in. I have a checkup on my mouth so I decided to see what the places on that side of town had and got some nice surprises. So far this is what I'm working with -

- A gram each of Motor Breath 15 and garlic cookies (GMO). Both are around the 30% thc mark but this dispensary doesn't publish terp info on their site so hoping they're a good batch.

- Blueberry Space Cake LLR cart (myrcene heavy indica that tastes like blueberry candy)

And then the one I'm excited about is a gram of live resin sauce of Black Afghani. This is the first time I've seen it in PA. I still have my stitches in and I'm very much still healing so I'm trying not to hit the herb too much (especially flower) but since I'm gonna be in the neighborhood and the stores by me never have these I might as well snag them now for when I get better.

caked

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1603 on: August 04, 2022, 07:29:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't vape flower much but as far as taste goes it's the best I've tried. I'm sure some of those $300 desktop rigs are better but I don't know anyone serious enough to own one.

Getting ready to put my order in. I have a checkup on my mouth so I decided to see what the places on that side of town had and got some nice surprises. So far this is what I'm working with -

- A gram each of Motor Breath 15 and garlic cookies (GMO). Both are around the 30% thc mark but this dispensary doesn't publish terp info on their site so hoping they're a good batch.

- Blueberry Space Cake LLR cart (myrcene heavy indica that tastes like blueberry candy)

And then the one I'm excited about is a gram of live resin sauce of Black Afghani. This is the first time I've seen it in PA. I still have my stitches in and I'm very much still healing so I'm trying not to hit the herb too much (especially flower) but since I'm gonna be in the neighborhood and the stores by me never have these I might as well snag them now for when I get better.

hell yeah! I have a couple dynavaps. they're great for microdosing and getting people into vaping. easy to lose though! my partner uses my older dynavap daily but I haven't used one in months. I have a hard hitter called the Tinymight that puts all my other vapes on the shelf. I admittedly have a $300 desktop vape being made for me now haha. I can never go back to the taste of combustion.

I just picked up a live resin cartridge over the weekend in Michigan and picked up two hash rosin carts as well. My first time trying non-distillate carts. The hash rosin is incredible, absolutely slaps. I need to try the live resin on its own to see how potent it is. I try to only use carts for traveling because they're so damn convenient, and that can be problematic for me.

heal up soon BFRD!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1604 on: August 04, 2022, 12:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

hell yeah! I have a couple dynavaps. they're great for microdosing and getting people into vaping. easy to lose though! my partner uses my older dynavap daily but I haven't used one in months. I have a hard hitter called the Tinymight that puts all my other vapes on the shelf. I admittedly have a $300 desktop vape being made for me now haha. I can never go back to the taste of combustion.

I just picked up a live resin cartridge over the weekend in Michigan and picked up two hash rosin carts as well. My first time trying non-distillate carts. The hash rosin is incredible, absolutely slaps. I need to try the live resin on its own to see how potent it is. I try to only use carts for traveling because they're so damn convenient, and that can be problematic for me.

heal up soon BFRD!

Thanks dude its always nice to have another enthusiast popping in and sharing their experience. Ive always wanted to try a desktop rig like that, there was a point last year when I was considering it but I ultimately came to the conclusion that smoking joints is my reference point for the quality of a particular flower. I also really enjoy the ritual of rolling with high quality papers and good filters, it's like a mini board setup haha. When I do vape flower now I use my boundless CF. It's awkward to use but the vapor is decent.

Hash rosin carts are amazing when they're done well. I think solventless extraction is the way the industry is going to go since there are definitely plenty of people with concerns about longterm use of hydrocarbon extracts. The main issue I've seen with the ones here is that the oil is sometimes so thick that the cheap ass carts they use can't wick it up unless you preheat it. LLR will usually be a little terpier and depending on how it's extracted, might hit a little stronger.

Just got back from running errands. I grabbed the stuff I mentioned before + a quarter of Durban Poison smalls. Unfortunately this is the weakest batch in a while, 19% thca, 1.3% terpinoline and 2.9% total terps. This cut will sometimes push 5% total terps with 2-3% terpinoline, so they fucked something up this time.

Preliminary assessment

-the BBSC cart is a good'n as usual. There's alien tech genetics in there.
- Both the motor breath and garlic cookies look to be excellent batches. Lots of the right terps in the right places which you don't always get with these thc powerhouses.
-Durban is booty as mentioned
- The Black Afghan sauce..holy shit is it good. I did a dab as soon as I got home and it's everything I was hoping for and then some. Sweet and floral and earthy with pine and rubber sitting in there too.. It tastes like good Afghan. Effects are out of this world. Super heady.

I'll take pics later, gonna just close my eyes and enjoy this for now.

2cents

• Rep: 83
« Reply #1605 on: August 04, 2022, 01:54:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well executed video. What would you estimate that would yield in terms of servings or overall number of THC milligrams?

Thanks guys. I started with 35% gorilla glue sativa buds. I can only guess based on my highness level.
These cookies get me much higher, than any 10-20mg dispensary edibles. I'll guess 40mg per cookie. Three cookies puts me to sleep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdP5velqMek

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1606 on: August 04, 2022, 02:00:45 PM »
very nice video! with exquisite audio. the sound of air escaping what i assume is the cookie dough shows you really put work into the kneading process.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1607 on: August 04, 2022, 07:09:05 PM »
Quarantining in the in-laws basement and don’t want to smoke or vape anything, so I got some of these things;

I like em.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1608 on: August 06, 2022, 03:35:23 AM »

https://imgur.com/a/pk7t1Ve

Here's the Garlic Cookies (GMO) and Motor Breath pics. Look at the trichs on that GC haha. The terps are great but what's interesting is if you look at the ones listed they're almost identical, yet these are 2 very different strains in terms of both effect and taste. It really goes to show how much of a role the bouquet of minor terps plays in the overall end product. I think there's like a hundred some terps that have been identified in Cannabis so far, so I guess it's pretty hard to list em all on packaging but it would be cool to see a full analysis.

Anyways effects are spot on with what I was expecting. The GC is such a pleasant smoke, really exemplifies what I think a good hybrid should be. There's very few strains that give me the same kind of euphoria and just general happiness that it does. The motor breath is just a nasty little ball of fuel and sweet earth. I've used this description before but it's still fitting - imagine an OG that's been stashed in the crank case of an old blg block for a month. Everything about it is greasy (in a good way) and it hits like a fucking truck.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1609 on: August 06, 2022, 04:02:03 PM »

@ButtFartRapeDick I did piss on it just to see what would happen and the lil bitch got bigger. Im actually gonna feed it with the nutes i use in my tent and see what happens now. WTF i have never seen in my years a plant this resilient. True BDSM queen. I may re-veg it and take clones if it ends up good. Ill have to call it something. Im thinking The Herbinator, Or maybe Tough Love. i dunno. OMG The Gimp. LMFAO.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 04:16:28 PM by Natas Fauxas »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1610 on: August 06, 2022, 07:45:34 PM »

@ButtFartRapeDick I did piss on it just to see what would happen and the lil bitch got bigger. Im actually gonna feed it with the nutes i use in my tent and see what happens now. WTF i have never seen in my years a plant this resilient. True BDSM queen. I may re-veg it and take clones if it ends up good. Ill have to call it something. Im thinking The Herbinator, Or maybe Tough Love. i dunno. OMG The Gimp. LMFAO.

That definitely has to be The Gimp. You should put a collar and chain around its stalk haha.

Even if it ends up not producing the best bud it might be worth keeping a cutting around to try and breed some of that resilience into something that would normally struggle outdoors in zone 5/6.

I would totally smoke your piss weed.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1611 on: August 09, 2022, 08:19:47 PM »
There was a bunch of shit on crazy discount today and I was in the neighborhood so I stopped by the dispensary. Grabbed 4 strains - a gg4 I haven't tried, citrus spice, Grape Cake, and a gram of something called Terpenado. Total cost was $63 lol.
The only thing that I broke into so far was the Citrus Spice (the strain the grower said was "proprietary genetics" but tastes like a jack or white widow cross) and the Grape Cake.

I can't believe this but I think I really like this Grape Cake even though its like the most candy strain ever haha. I heard this grower has massively stepped their game up lately and it was so cheap I decided to give it a shot and man I'm glad I did. Tastes like spicy grape funk and jesus it hits hard. Could barely finish the bowl and I got middle school high for a good 15-20 minutes.

https://i.imgur.com/VtphI5t.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vdAc9Df.jpg

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1612 on: August 10, 2022, 12:56:30 AM »
that's a funky looking bud

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1613 on: August 10, 2022, 04:03:09 AM »
that's a funky looking bud

Its total candy weed, like I'm guessing they bred it for looks and got lucky with the terps being a pleasant combo, but I think you'd like it. The high definitely has the typical candy weed stimulating euphoria effects to start but it mellows out into a good strong relaxed body buzz that I was really digging. Don't hate the taste either, though I can for sure taste the wedding cake part of the lineage and would rather it not be there. Something about wedding and ice cream cake just doesn't taste good to me. I think I might like this even more if it was just grape stomper x cherry pie.

The Citrus Spice is a little different this time and I really like it. Although it's less terpy overall it has half as much caryophellene and more terpinoline/myrcene/ocimene so its more citrus than spice. Smells awesome and I'm hoping the effects are a little more energetic to match.

Oh yeah they had Biscotti but it looked like a poo batch so I didn't get it. It was $60 for like 14% thc with less than 1% terps and it's from one of our hit and miss growers so Im going to wait for a better batch. It's the same grower that does the Biker OG I really like so I know they're capable of doing better. If it goes on sale for like 70% off I'll probably grab it though.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1614 on: August 11, 2022, 12:49:17 PM »
What's a half of delivery weed run in LA?
@IusedToSkateMore
So sorry I stopped receiving notifications for a while around this time and have been meaning to circle back.

I'm getting a half delivered for about 95. Then I tip the driver 5 because then I don't have to get change and it keeps me consistently generous. I will say the dispensary I use is weird and may not be a true reflection of LA prices. Their selection is pretty meh and they mostly stock the strains everyone's heard of but it's usually good quality. I'm just usually the last to try any kinda new strain. I've used them since most of the dispensaries around me closed at the beginning of Covid. In fact, I used to go in to their shop prior to only being able to get delivery. In store selection was a lot better. MSRP is 120 but they always have a discount code going that's between 22-26% off. The shop I used to go has BOGO eighths so a half of something reasonably nice will run you about 150 delivered with tip. Other than that, prices are all over the place and a lot of it is for newbs. I've used one of the corpo delivery services that take debit cards once. I payed 75 for an eighth and it was very mid. Had no idea dispensaries would be closed on New Year's Day. Otherwise, average price is still around 60 an eighth. That was down to about 45 in early 2020 but inflation has probably blown those types of prices away forever. 60 seems to be the average at least since I got my card in 08.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1615 on: August 11, 2022, 01:13:24 PM »
Expand Quote
What's a half of delivery weed run in LA?
[close]
@IusedToSkateMore
So sorry I stopped receiving notifications for a while around this time and have been meaning to circle back.

I'm getting a half delivered for about 95. Then I tip the driver 5 because then I don't have to get change and it keeps me consistently generous. I will say the dispensary I use is weird and may not be a true reflection of LA prices. Their selection is pretty meh and they mostly stock the strains everyone's heard of but it's usually good quality. I'm just usually the last to try any kinda new strain. I've used them since most of the dispensaries around me closed at the beginning of Covid. In fact, I used to go in to their shop prior to only being able to get delivery. In store selection was a lot better. MSRP is 120 but they always have a discount code going that's between 22-26% off. The shop I used to go has BOGO eighths so a half of something reasonably nice will run you about 150 delivered with tip. Other than that, prices are all over the place and a lot of it is for newbs. I've used one of the corpo delivery services that take debit cards once. I payed 75 for an eighth and it was very mid. Had no idea dispensaries would be closed on New Year's Day. Otherwise, average price is still around 60 an eighth. That was down to about 45 in early 2020 but inflation has probably blown those types of prices away forever. 60 seems to be the average at least since I got my card in 08.

So wutcha smokin strain wise Jake?

I broke into some new gg4 and it's mid. Not even sure it's actually gg4, I've never had a cut that tastes like this. Now I know why it was on sale for $20. Something to feed the vulture maintenance guys at my building who are always hitting me up for bud I guess.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1616 on: August 11, 2022, 01:36:01 PM »
I'm working my through some Cherry Kola right now. Rating on the zip pack has THC at 30.55 but I'm starting to think those are like watts and speakers and they just put some kind of number over 30 to make the customer feel like they bought the right thing. No crazy flavor but it does hit pretty hard. Spacey head and body high but with zero bug out. Staring weed. I had some surgery last week and needed to legitimately manage pain so I went with what was listed as a straight indica and wasn't Runtz. Prior to that, I also had some GG4 but it was pretty hittin. This is exactly what I mean about the variety my dispensary stocks not being great but the weed itself being very good. It's also usually "house weed" so it's straight from a  grow house in Gardena.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1617 on: August 11, 2022, 09:45:26 PM »
Hayley's Comet is fire. Wheweee

Xj13 is more multilayered of an experience then expected too.

Chemdawg #1 has me hanging between couch cushions rn
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1618 on: August 12, 2022, 01:21:33 AM »
I'm working my through some Cherry Kola right now. Rating on the zip pack has THC at 30.55 but I'm starting to think those are like watts and speakers and they just put some kind of number over 30 to make the customer feel like they bought the right thing. No crazy flavor but it does hit pretty hard. Spacey head and body high but with zero bug out. Staring weed. I had some surgery last week and needed to legitimately manage pain so I went with what was listed as a straight indica and wasn't Runtz. Prior to that, I also had some GG4 but it was pretty hittin. This is exactly what I mean about the variety my dispensary stocks not being great but the weed itself being very good. It's also usually "house weed" so it's straight from a  grow house in Gardena.

Nice! Always cool to hear what other markets are like. Ive noticed that this summer cherry strains seem to be the popular thing around here. We had like 2 in the whole state before this year and now we have at least a dozen.

Regarding THC #'s, I'm a firm believer in the entourage effect. Basically the way I think of it is like if weed were a car the THC is the engine but the terps/other cannabinoids are the transmission and steering. You need the THC to get high, but more isn't necessarily better and the terps kinda modulate the experience so I tend to focus on those. I can do a dab of 98% sand and I'll get super high, but I won't necessarily enjoy it as much as I would smoking a joint of 15% Jack Herer with loads of terps.

GG4 has been my go-to the last few months. We have a grower that has a really nice, very indica leaning pheno that is ideal for legit pain management (I'm on the mend too). I usually get carts or extracts of that one but I like more hybrid leaning cuts of glue as a daytime strain as well, so I sometimes get flower from other companies. That was the idea with this one but it didn't pan out. This stuff isn't the worst I've ever had, but it has kind of a generic beaster quality.

Im back on the durban poison bandwagon too. There's just something truly special about that strain, nothing else tastes like it.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1619 on: August 12, 2022, 11:41:18 AM »
real kind way to wind down this summer. fresh small batch indoor varieties while waiting on that full term sun powered to start rolling out. camera on the phone is on the way out and I can't get good photos but here is the head stash for now

If you're interested in learning the genetics, this database is far more reliable than anything else out there. fuck leafly and allbud =)

https://en.seedfinder.eu/database/strains/alphabetical/

Hayleys Comet

Chem Dawg #1

Golden Pineapple

Fritters (having a hard time getting a pic that captures the nuanced colors) There's some serious snowy mauve going on in here

XJ-13

Amnesia Haze

If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind