Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180902 times)

lydius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1620 on: August 12, 2022, 12:13:30 PM »
any of you guys dry herb vaporize? I've been exclusively dry herb vaping for about 5 years now and I'm pretty nerdy about it. I own 7 vaporizers now and waiting on an eighth  ;D
ya I use the Firefly 2+, works well enough for me. but now I'm hella picky about which strains I get.

I went down to Lincoln City a week ago and found more Kobe (True OG) from the same grower, so got another gram of that (a gram lasts me a while). Definitely one of the best smelling OGs I've encountered- no stink, funk or fuel here, just a sweet crisp piney spearmint. They also had Josh D, so couldn't resist there. That one has the smell and potency of Rudeboi/Face Off,  little more fuel-heavy, just a great evening indica. I'll upload some pics later.

Also had to go back to Kings and pick up another 8th of Wonder Dawg (they call it Clatskanie Hammer, but it's the same cross I've come to know and love). I feel bad for you guys elsewhere, there's so many fine ass 8ths for sale here in Portland for like 10 bucks, it's crazy.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #1621 on: August 12, 2022, 02:31:12 PM »
real kind way to wind down this summer. fresh small batch indoor varieties while waiting on that full term sun powered to start rolling out. camera on the phone is on the way out and I can't get good photos but here is the head stash for now

If you're interested in learning the genetics, this database is far more reliable than anything else out there. fuck leafly and allbud =)

https://en.seedfinder.eu/database/strains/alphabetical/

Hayleys Comet

Chem Dawg #1

Golden Pineapple

Fritters (having a hard time getting a pic that captures the nuanced colors) There's some serious snowy mauve going on in here

XJ-13

Amnesia Haze

Fuck you.

Hahahaha. So jealous. That chem literally made my mouth water. I can see what's going on with the fritters well enough to get the idea too, that's some serious bag appeal. With the GP I love that it inherited that shaggy scraggly explosion of orange hair from the goat. The amnesia haze is a classic, I always like having something like that or SSH on hand for social situations.

I know you said you were having a good time with the xj-13. That's one that I haven't had but man I want to try. You know how I feel about Jack, and I've heard that the taste and character of the high both come through very clearly in the XJ  so I imagine it's very much up my alley. Citrus and pine nose?

Oh and the comet is a cbd strain right? Let me know what you think of it.

This is nowhere near as impressive as your stash but I got a cart from the same company that did the grape cake and its bonkers. It's a Lilac Diesel live resin, but what's insane about it is that it's 17.4% total terpenes with 9% of that terpinoline. I don't even know how they pulled this off, the flower has to be disgustingly terpy to get numbers like that. The only other time I've seen one over 15% was from the durban batch that had 5% terps in the cured flower. It tastes legit, it's insanely terpy,  but I'm still suspicious that there's some kind of fuckery afoot here. I really want to see the flower this was made from, hopefully it hits shelves around here.

lydius

« Reply #1622 on: August 12, 2022, 02:59:32 PM »
Expand Quote
real kind way to wind down this summer. fresh small batch indoor varieties while waiting on that full term sun powered to start rolling out. camera on the phone is on the way out and I can't get good photos but here is the head stash for now

If you're interested in learning the genetics, this database is far more reliable than anything else out there. fuck leafly and allbud =)

https://en.seedfinder.eu/database/strains/alphabetical/

XJ-13

[close]

I know you said you were having a good time with the xj-13. That's one that I haven't had but man I want to try. You know how I feel about Jack, and I've heard that the taste and character of the high both come through very clearly in the XJ  so I imagine it's very much up my alley. Citrus and pine nose?

that's exactly what I was thinking, tell us some deets on the XJ. Most Jack I've had lately is more fruity, and I've never had G13.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1623 on: August 12, 2022, 03:17:10 PM »
@Buttfart Rapedick @lydius

haleys comet might be high in CBD, but it isn't CBD weed. it's still got a nice sativa thing going on. genetics are an unknown west coast cut crossed with skunk#1. So far, it's gotten me very high. I'll try it for my drive up to the River tomorrow and report back on using it as a first of the day jam.

the XJ is nice, i might even say it has a medicinal nature to it. G13 is typically a more sedating indica dom strain without being boring OR a brain freezer. Jack is, well y'all know how Jack cracks and this is no different. I'd say this XJ-13 cut leans toward feeling physically very relaxing and also with a clear, focused mind. the G13 parentage seems to neuter the physically energetic aspects of Jack but Mr. Herer stills brings smiles for miles. All and all, I'm able to sit and chill in a deep chill but have no problem popping up and doing what needs to be done. It's a wonderful hybrid that's far more complex and also functional than most of the more recent and prevalent cookies/desert based hybrids.

and that Chem #1 had me crushed last night. Took one big bong rip and almost instantly started feeling a sensation I might compare to warm but still viscous molasses coursing through the muscles of my face, easing the tension i hold in the jaw before I made it to the couch. Although have fun, nonsensical stoner thoughts, the mind was clear. 1 small bong hit wore off after about 60-90 minutes. I took another at about 2 hours and fell asleep on the couch. It feels very old school in the sense that not only are the look, taste, and smell similar to those heady hippy buds that would pop up in the early 00s for $5k/lb or $400/zip, it gets you high like it. Well bred strain, grown well in a small set up. Classic

If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1624 on: August 13, 2022, 07:20:47 PM »

that's exactly what I was thinking, tell us some deets on the XJ. Most Jack I've had lately is more fruity, and I've never had G13.

So from what I remember there's basically 4 main phenos of Jack. 3 of them are what are considered the standard sativa leaning terpinoline/myrcene heavy Jack, and then there's a more indica leaning one. The one I get is the Citrus, fruity one (thats also what I consider "true Jack") as well. When I was reading reports on xj-13 they mentioned that it had a citrus and pine nose so it's possible they used one of the other phenos or it might just be a result of the breeding.

I really want to try Jackie-O too. I figured out that it's the secret sauce in one of the strains that I love but hardly ever see here.

@IusedToSkateMore

I'm always intrigued by those high CBD strains. Does it feel like a more "full" high?

Edit - 3 new Chems on our menu since last time I looked. One is chem 91, one is chem 4, and one is just labeled chemdawg but from the terps I'm guessing it's either original chem or chem D. None look exceptional but the 91 is on sale so I may grab it.

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing Alien Dawg last time I saw it. It's buy on sight from now on, Alien Tech + Chem genetics has to be out of this world.

Something that made me laugh when I remembered it re-reading your report, the "dawg" part of chemdawg apparently came from an earlier name they had for it. They called it "dogbud" because it made you so high you'd roll over like a dog haha.

I already have my next eighth picked out. The dispensary that gives me the crazy discount released their house flower a few months back and it was high thc but low terps and just kinda meh. The second batch is starting to hit now and it looks way better, so I'm going to try their blueberry muffin just to show some love for them always hooking it up. I was blown away by how good that strain tasted when I got it from a different grower, so it should be a good reference point.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:32:37 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1625 on: August 14, 2022, 06:10:39 PM »
I'm kicking myself for not grabbing Alien Dawg last time I saw it. It's buy on sight from now on, Alien Tech + Chem genetics has to be out of this world.

My buddy said he had some of this last week. I missed out i guess. He said it was extra delicious.
I had my kiddos so i couldn't go get ripped.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1626 on: August 14, 2022, 09:15:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So from what I remember there's basically 4 main phenos of Jack. 3 of them are what are considered the standard sativa leaning terpinoline/myrcene heavy Jack, and then there's a more indica leaning one. The one I get is the Citrus, fruity one (thats also what I consider "true Jack") as well. When I was reading reports on xj-13 they mentioned that it had a citrus and pine nose so it's possible they used one of the other phenos or it might just be a result of the breeding.

I really want to try Jackie-O too. I figured out that it's the secret sauce in one of the strains that I love but hardly ever see here.

@IusedToSkateMore

I'm always intrigued by those high CBD strains. Does it feel like a more "full" high?

Edit - 3 new Chems on our menu since last time I looked. One is chem 91, one is chem 4, and one is just labeled chemdawg but from the terps I'm guessing it's either original chem or chem D. None look exceptional but the 91 is on sale so I may grab it.

Something that made me laugh when I remembered it re-reading your report, the "dawg" part of chemdawg apparently came from an earlier name they had for it. They called it "dogbud" because it made you so high you'd roll over like a dog haha.

I already have my next eighth picked out. The dispensary that gives me the crazy discount released their house flower a few months back and it was high thc but low terps and just kinda meh. The second batch is starting to hit now and it looks way better, so I'm going to try their blueberry muffin just to show some love for them always hooking it up. I was blown away by how good that strain tasted when I got it from a different grower, so it should be a good reference point.

i don't even know if it's a high CBD strain, it's skunk#1 X an unknown west coast strain. I think y'all are thinking of Harlequin which is a CBD strain. Got me ripped either way. tastes clean, leaves the room smelling like good weed on the exhale.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1627 on: August 15, 2022, 03:27:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

@IusedToSkateMore

[close]

i don't even know if it's a high CBD strain, it's skunk#1 X an unknown west coast strain. I think y'all are thinking of Harlequin which is a CBD strain. Got me ripped either way. tastes clean, leaves the room smelling like good weed on the exhale.

Nah it's HC, we get both of them here although the grower that does HC drops flower literally like twice a year and it's usually not great. The harlequin is more like a a 1:1 ratio while the HC is like 2:1 or something, so I don't think it's a cbd strain like it was bred for it or anything, just higher than your average bud. Just a happy accident and found a home in the med markets kinda thing, and I'm sure by now there's phenos that express more THC or CBD than others.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1628 on: August 17, 2022, 04:08:48 PM »
The cool dispensary that always hooks it up (this trip was 30%  off + 15% vet discount) dropped their flower line a few months back. I tried one strain in the first batch that was 37% but low terps and kinda meh. The second batch is starting to come in now and it looks like they're dialing their cure in, still not great terp totals but a lot better than before and good enough to get the point across. I've had Blueberry Muffin from another grower and loved it so I figured it would be a good one to try.

Really pretty, my camera sucks but it's got a nice pale bluish purple hue to it. The smell is weird because they use these cheap containers with a strong chemical plastic smell that the bud has picked up. I'm putting it in a clean glass jar with a handful of boveda packs to see if it makes a difference. I can definitely pick up the sweet blueberry in there, so hopefully it comes out more once it airs out a bit. Almost forgot, I put it under the loupe and the cure looks really good. Nice fat swollen mushroom heads on the trichs with a healthy proportion of opaque/milky ones. Hope it smokes as nice as it looks.

Also grabbed some more of this phenomenal GG4 live resin sauce. One good dab and I'm ready for bed.

https://i.imgur.com/Xj2zEXT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Hqtc9DI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YezfAHx.jpg

Edit: @lydius have you tried Blackjack (black domina x jack herer)? It just showed up here for the first time and looks interesting.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 04:36:57 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1629 on: August 18, 2022, 05:03:09 AM »
Wow it actually worked! My blueberry muffin (blueberry x ppd) smells like blueberry muffin now. I just periodically burped the jar and then swapped the boost packs out before I went to bed and woke up to bud that smells much better. The weird plastic smell is gone and it didn't dry it out.

I tried to get a better pic of the color but my camera is just the drizzling shits in low light. You can maybe get a better idea of what's going on here though. It very much takes after the Purple Panty Dropper parent in the looks department, while the smell and taste are much more influenced by the blueberry side. The cure is great on this so its super smooth to smoke but the terp content is still weak. The taste is there and its really good, but it's kind of watered down compared to the other grower. The green hit is good but then it's pretty meh whereas the other one you could taste strongly start to finish.

The high is great though. Blueberry is one of the happiest strains for me so this has great mood elevation and coupled with the PPD you get a great relaxed body high. It's fairly mild compared to some of the heavy hitting indicas I've been favoring lately so it's a nice change of pace. I could totally see myself ripping a J of this before Monday night football or something like that where I want to be relaxed but not out of it.

https://i.imgur.com/wlOrS3J.jpg

lydius

« Reply #1630 on: August 19, 2022, 12:20:21 PM »
@BR, I haven't tried Black Jack but would be down to give it a sniff and a puff.

Some of the OG I picked up last week. After an initial test gram, decided to just go for a quarter which should still last me a few months. The cure on this is so good. Peeling the buds open and "unrolling" them proves to be sticky. These are dusty dense little fellas covered in trichs. Smell is classic OG, pine and earth with a hint of lemon. I also get notes of what I perceive as cucumber sometimes, I also get that a little when I smell good Bruce Banner.

Good old Wonder Dawg just doesn't disappoint. This batch definitely has more of a diesel smell, chemical with a sweet undertone that is pronounced on the exhale. Buds seem fresh, fairly moist if not spongy. Soft little fluffy popcorny nugs, but I'm totally fine with it. Layering both these buds in the morning with the vape has me feeling good for several hours.

I'll keep on the lookout for Alien Dawg from now on!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1631 on: August 19, 2022, 01:36:21 PM »
@br, I haven't tried Black Jack but would be down to give it a sniff and a puff.

Some of the OG I picked up last week. After an initial test gram, decided to just go for a quarter which should still last me a few months. The cure on this is so good. Peeling the buds open and "unrolling" them proves to be sticky. These are dusty dense little fellas covered in trichs. Smell is classic OG, pine and earth with a hint of lemon. I also get notes of what I perceive as cucumber sometimes, I also get that a little when I smell good Bruce Banner.

Good old Wonder Dawg just doesn't disappoint. This batch definitely has more of a diesel smell, chemical with a sweet undertone that is pronounced on the exhale. Buds seem fresh, fairly moist if not spongy. Soft little fluffy popcorny nugs, but I'm totally fine with it. Layering both these buds in the morning with the vape has me feeling good for several hours.

I'll keep on the lookout for Alien Dawg from now on!

Oh my good god dude that OG looks absolutely perfect. Man now I'm REALLY in the mood for an OG haha. I might have to grab some Biker or SFV or something similar if they have it.

I'm potentially gonna grab the blackjack tomorrow. Depends on which dispensary I go to. There's a hash rosin cart of what is allegedly legit Northern Lights at a couple different places. The terps look legit, and if it's actually a good Solventless cart then it might be my Holy grail for carts.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1632 on: August 21, 2022, 12:25:23 PM »
I have secured black Afghan flower. They only had quarters of smalls, I can only imagine how pretty a big bud of this would be.

Naturally I had to smoke a bowl as soon as I got home. It did not disappoint. Beautiful sugary funky burnt rubber afghan taste with a big punch of pine mixed in. Its exactly what I was hoping for from the live resin sauce, just straight happy vibes to the head with ultra relaxing body effects. Even though it's tiny buds they're dense as hell and it was only packed two weeks ago so it's fresh and cured perfectly. This shit fucking rocks.

lydius

« Reply #1633 on: August 21, 2022, 01:33:45 PM »
holy mother that is caked beyond all belief. top shelf medicine.

lydius

« Reply #1634 on: August 21, 2022, 04:10:41 PM »
Are portable vapes that use flower any good? If so, any recommendations for a make/model?
I'm sort of a flavor chaser vs. wanting clouds, so after a lot of research I landed on the Firefly 2+. I like it a lot, there's a few drawbacks but nothing major. Other people seem to like Magic Flight Launch Box or Dynavap. Crafty or Mighty are always a good choice. Arizer Air Solo seems like another good convection vape, still more of a desktop unit than a portable one. Firefly reminds me the most of just smoking a bowl, though, in its simplicity.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1635 on: August 21, 2022, 04:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Are portable vapes that use flower any good? If so, any recommendations for a make/model?
[close]
I'm sort of a flavor chaser vs. wanting clouds, so after a lot of research I landed on the Firefly 2+. I like it a lot, there's a few drawbacks but nothing major. Other people seem to like Magic Flight Launch Box or Dynavap. Crafty or Mighty are always a good choice. Arizer Air Solo seems like another good convection vape, still more of a desktop unit than a portable one. Firefly reminds me the most of just smoking a bowl, though, in its simplicity.
Thanks for the helpful paragraph. Think I'm gonna try a Firefly. I'm mostly a water bong smoker but I still have a pretty persistent hack that I'd like to lose.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1636 on: August 22, 2022, 12:58:32 AM »

For taste and price it's hard to beat a dynavap, but it's not exactly incognito.

DaVinci makes some cool little portable flower vapes. I haven't tried one but they're reviewed well. I have a boundless CF which is a solid but bulky handheld. It's not the easiest to use and the vapor quality REALLY depends on how the flower is cured but it gets the job done and I haven't broken it yet which is impressive. I would say figure out what you want to spend and what features you want and then start reading reviews and watching YouTube videos. There's everything from $20 Chinese space heaters to $500 ceramic smart bubblers.

Just please don't get a G-pen. Oh and it's definitely worth getting a vape that comes with a good concentrate system if you want to go full incognito, most don't smell like weed at all.

holy mother that is caked beyond all belief. top shelf medicine.

I was originally going to get the blackjack but then I saw this pop up and had to try it since I've been exploring indicas and particularly Afghanicas (blueberry, NL, Alien tech etc) so much the last half year. Really glad I did. I really do feel like landraces give me the "purest" high. Like if I had to pick one sativa it's Durban poison and if I had to pick an indica this is instantly in contention with blueberry. Here's the terps, not as high since it's smalls but very nice combination of myrcene and pinene funk plus some caryo spice -

I picked up a quarter of jack last week for my morning meds anyways so the blackjack might have to wait until next month or until I hit another big baccarat hand.

caked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1637 on: August 22, 2022, 10:13:44 AM »

dry herb nerd here. what's your budget and how often do you consume/what's your tolerance like? these will be the two most important factors.

caked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1638 on: August 23, 2022, 08:23:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

dry herb nerd here. what's your budget and how often do you consume/what's your tolerance like? these will be the two most important factors.
[close]

I don't really have a budget, but do not want to spend a lot. I got a vapor brothers desktop vaporizer some years ago and spent 225 on it, which I regret because I barely use it. I barely use it because it is a pain in the ass to use solo, let alone with other people.

I guess what I want is something as easy/drama free as a Stiizy, but that uses flower instead.

Also, if I could NOT look like a crackhead while using it, that would be great.

Understood completely! It really sucks wasting money on a device that you never use. And I see that you mostly use a bong, so that's helpful to know too. Forget the dynavap or anything that will use a torch as the heater, it can make you look like a crackhead haha. Those kinds of vapes also have a learning curve which can be frustrating.

If you're looking for a portable vape that you can also use through a bong at home, check out the tinymight: https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=common/home

If you can stretch your budget, I would highly recommend the TM. I love this thing, I have used it multiple times daily for over two years now. It's dead simple to use and it's pretty powerful. All you do is load the flower in the stem, hold down the fire button, and inhale. The flavor and clouds are amazing. It is primarily an on-demand vape, which means you don't sit and sip the vapor over a 5 minute "session." It produces the vapor instantly and you can hit it for as long or short as you want to.

If you're looking for something as close to the bong experience as possible, check out the bundles available at Vgoodiez (arguably the best vapor equipment store, and the owner is super nice and will literally answer any possible question you have): https://vgoodiez.com/collections/bundles
These vapes deliver fast, potent vapor that is really close to smoking. They work by amassing heat in the injector head (this head is filled with ruby balls that retain high heat). You put the injector over your herb and the heat vaporizes the herb. You'll get the most potent effects from weed using these vapes. These will make you put down your bong forever.

If you need something cheaper that still does the job, look at the XMAX v3 pro. https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/xmax-v3-pro-vaporizer

Sorry this is a lot of text but I hope this helps at least a bit! I will say it's worth investing in a device that will satisfy you and keep you from going back to smoking. You'll also use less herb and your lungs will thank you.

Highly recommend the r/vaporents subreddit if you use reddit, that's where I got all my info and how I got into vaping.

Cheers all, happy tokin!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1639 on: August 23, 2022, 09:34:15 AM »
wait...ever since I've known in 90s bongs and pipes used for weed have always been seen as similar devices crackheads use.   

Honestly if you're concerned with how you look when it comes to the medium, you might never enjoy your highs...I remember how for a period of time in the early 2000s i was super paranoid about how my glass pipes looked so I just rolled joints and blunts and then I got paranoid about how I looked in public with a blunt (this is 2002-2005) so no medical card yet and public acceptance of weed.

when I started dabs I thought the dab rig looked like what Jesse uses to smoke his meth ...but I got over that over the years...I got some sick glass art blown dab rigs

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #1640 on: August 23, 2022, 10:03:43 AM »
never let the fear of looking like an addict prevent you from getting high as fuck - Abraham Lincoln

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1641 on: August 23, 2022, 08:26:56 PM »
And it begins. Gimp piss. fucker tricked me. Early looked like balls.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1642 on: August 24, 2022, 03:05:55 AM »
wait...ever since I've known in 90s bongs and pipes used for weed have always been seen as similar devices crackheads use.   

Honestly if you're concerned with how you look when it comes to the medium, you might never enjoy your highs...I remember how for a period of time in the early 2000s i was super paranoid about how my glass pipes looked so I just rolled joints and blunts and then I got paranoid about how I looked in public with a blunt (this is 2002-2005) so no medical card yet and public acceptance of weed.

when I started dabs I thought the dab rig looked like what Jesse uses to smoke his meth ...but I got over that over the years...I got some sick glass art blown dab rigs

Which is exactly why he doesn't want it to be obvious that he's smoking weed. When you're torching a dynavap with a dollar store lighter for 30 seconds then you don't really have any plausible deniability, you're definitely not smoking tobacco like that. With some of the compact flower vapes it just looks like a nicotine vape, so unless someone is close enough to smell it then you'll likely be fine. Same principle as the classic spring loaded one hitter/dugout combo that looks almost identical to a cigarette even up close. I had one of those get me through my first year of college living in the dorms.

You also have to consider that its a totally different game when you're traveling. Not everywhere is chill about weed, even some med states still have large pockets of backwater southern/Midwest "stay out our propertree witcher cartel devil weed" attitudes. Here in PA once you get out in the sticks (like where I grew up) you've got an excellent chance of them pulling you over and trying to search you if you have out of state plates. And that's just legal issues, not even getting into professional ones. Plenty of legit reasons to want to stay incognito rather than being concerned with how you look.

Oh fuck. Hahaha. I actually just found out that you can use piss as fertilizer if you just let it sit out for like 60 days. They're even trying to figure out ways to capture it from waste streams to use on an industrial level. So it's entirely possible she was supercharged by the sprinkling and not just because of an affinity for watersports. I can't wait to see how it turns out, watch it end up tasting amazing, like a Jack Herer x Tangie  cross that tastes like a fruit basket but the strain still has to be called Gimp Piss haha. Hopefully it's nasty and gassy and funky though, that would be the most fitting with the origin story.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1643 on: August 24, 2022, 09:34:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Which is exactly why he doesn't want it to be obvious that he's smoking weed. When you're torching a dynavap with a dollar store lighter for 30 seconds then you don't really have any plausible deniability, you're definitely not smoking tobacco like that. With some of the compact flower vapes it just looks like a nicotine vape, so unless someone is close enough to smell it then you'll likely be fine. Same principle as the classic spring loaded one hitter/dugout combo that looks almost identical to a cigarette even up close. I had one of those get me through my first year of college living in the dorms.

You also have to consider that its a totally different game when you're traveling. Not everywhere is chill about weed, even some med states still have large pockets of backwater southern/Midwest "stay out our propertree witcher cartel devil weed" attitudes. Here in PA once you get out in the sticks (like where I grew up) you've got an excellent chance of them pulling you over and trying to search you if you have out of state plates. And that's just legal issues, not even getting into professional ones. Plenty of legit reasons to want to stay incognito rather than being concerned with how you look.

Expand Quote

[close]

Oh fuck. Hahaha. I actually just found out that you can use piss as fertilizer if you just let it sit out for like 60 days. They're even trying to figure out ways to capture it from waste streams to use on an industrial level. So it's entirely possible she was supercharged by the sprinkling and not just because of an affinity for watersports. I can't wait to see how it turns out, watch it end up tasting amazing, like a Jack Herer x Tangie  cross that tastes like a fruit basket but the strain still has to be called Gimp Piss haha. Hopefully it's nasty and gassy and funky though, that would be the most fitting with the origin story.

I guess, but it's silly to be be pre-occupied with how people see weed.   Even in CA there are cities were the ganja ordinance is fucked (Palo Alto for example being right in the middle of San Jose and SF being super liberal with ordianance), I would never bring weed to any city knowing the cops aren't for it.  For the most part my weed doesn't go anywhere and if I need to be high or relaxed in public i default to edibles and tinctures. 

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1644 on: September 04, 2022, 08:44:11 PM »

a week or so later. long way to go. This is one of like 7 or so branches that are equal. We will see. GimpPiss kinda showing off RN.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1645 on: September 10, 2022, 01:57:42 AM »

a week or so later. long way to go. This is one of like 7 or so branches that are equal. We will see. GimpPiss kinda showing off RN.

Very nice! Im gonna crack up if you end up with amazing piss weed. Don't tell anyone you smoke it with until afterwards.

I've been kinda chilling a bit lately but here's a few things I picked up over the last month.

https://imgur.com/a/rdPbFJN

The blackjack is (black domina x jack herer) but it leans heavily to the Jack side to the point its pretty indistinguishable from the parent. The only real difference is the buds are a bit denser. The high is basically identical as well.

The Kaliburst is (kali jack x PT starqueen) so its another heavily Jack influenced strain. It has that great sugary citrus fruit smell that I associate with the Jack family and a little spice as well. It's beyond sticky and very nicely cured, though it's nitro packed so im sure I'll have to rehydrate it in a few days. It smokes suuuuper smooth and tastes awesome... The terpinoline doesn't overpower everything and there's just a little bit of a kush taste that I really liked. The high comes on fast and is very happy with zero anxiety, similar to Jack but far less energetic. I'm really quite impressed with this stuff even though it might be too relaxing for a morning strain like I was intending it to be.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1646 on: September 12, 2022, 08:30:23 AM »

Very nice! Im gonna crack up if you end up with amazing piss weed. Don't tell anyone you smoke it with until afterwards.

I've been kinda chilling a bit lately but here's a few things I picked up over the last month.

https://imgur.com/a/rdPbFJN

The blackjack is (black domina x jack herer) but it leans heavily to the Jack side to the point its pretty indistinguishable from the parent. The only real difference is the buds are a bit denser. The high is basically identical as well.

The Kaliburst is (kali jack x PT starqueen) so its another heavily Jack influenced strain. It has that great sugary citrus fruit smell that I associate with the Jack family and a little spice as well. It's beyond sticky and very nicely cured, though it's nitro packed so im sure I'll have to rehydrate it in a few days. It smokes suuuuper smooth and tastes awesome... The terpinoline doesn't overpower everything and there's just a little bit of a kush taste that I really liked. The high comes on fast and is very happy with zero anxiety, similar to Jack but far less energetic. I'm really quite impressed with this stuff even though it might be too relaxing for a morning strain like I was intending it to be.

That Kali looks super nice. Port wine pheno. Yummy. Gimp is already double In size again since last pics.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1647 on: September 13, 2022, 01:50:10 AM »

That Kali looks super nice. Port wine pheno. Yummy. Gimp is already double In size again since last pics.

Yeah I'm not sure if I agree with the "port wine" thing, it's really quite citrusy and Jack like and doesn't taste like Port to me. I would characterize the smell/taste as "bright" if that makes any sense haha.

Its definitely solid though. It's actually kind of exactly what I was expecting the Black Jack to be - starts out with the happy little burst of energy like Jack but then after 20-30 minutes it settles into a heavy stone thats a little dissociative or psychedelic feeling but not in an unpleasant way, the headspace just gets a little strange.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1648 on: September 15, 2022, 02:07:45 AM »
White Durban (the white x durban poison) flower -

https://i.imgur.com/FS2q7Ft.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TeNKGC5.jpg

Smalls again. I've had the same cross under a diff name from a diff grower and it was decent enough. Kinda the same deal as the black jack where the sativa side of the cross is way more prevalent in the taste/structure so I'm guessing the white is there to make it easier to grow indoors or push the potency up a bit? Either way it just tastes like a piney batch of durban and has the classic focused effects. Pretty solid so far, we'll have to see how it goes for the back end. Durban usually has a pretty strong crash period for me so it'll be interesting to see if that's the same.

Then this is something new for our state and it ended up only being like $18 for a gram with my discounts so I decided to give it a shot and I'm glad I did.

Blueberry Muffin live bubble hash

https://i.imgur.com/5SRsBGH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/MWIWaes.jpg

I've posted about my affinity for this strain a few times before and it's really amazing. Actually smells and tastes like a blueberry muffin, so imagine that taste mixed with the classic bubble hash flavor and you have this stuff. What's interesting is that it's made from "live" trichomes meaning the bud was flash frozen after harvest rather than cured. It definitely makes for a strong and fresh tasting product, but you have to keep it refrigerated or it can start to go bad. I've already gone through about half, so I doubt mine would have time to spoil anyways.

You can mold it like play doh so I've just been packing and smoking bowls of straight blueberry hashy deliciousness.
It melts and bubbles like it's supposed to and the first hit is super flavorful. It hits straight to the head but BBM is a mild, creeper high so it doesn't put you down but is still fairly intense. I don't think it's going to replace the more modern extracts in my fight against getting old but I'm really enjoying this as a little treat. Maybe a different strain that is more in line with my medical needs (gg4, OG kush, northern lights etc) would change that though.

wongles

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1649 on: September 16, 2022, 07:22:14 AM »
At this point I pretty much only prefer edibles.  But just lately, I am finding that they kind of irritate me.  I want to be 15 again, and be able to get bloody red eyed STONED, where you can actually feel and see music.