Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180835 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1650 on: September 16, 2022, 11:41:09 AM »
I bought some “super dope” brand “lemon poppers” from a delivery service in nyc the other day and when it showed up the package had a bunch of hentai on it. Didn’t expect that. Stuff tastes good tho.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #1651 on: September 17, 2022, 02:13:46 AM »
At this point I pretty much only prefer edibles.  But just lately, I am finding that they kind of irritate me.  I want to be 15 again, and be able to get bloody red eyed STONED, where you can actually feel and see music.

The only way to do that is take a break and get your tolerance back down sadly. It's good to do it every now and then, I'm personally thinking of going back to taking one week off per month if my back will allow it.

I definitely find that certain strains make me edgy and irritable, and unfortunately I respond to a lot of modern candy/pastry strains like that. Root beer float, certain cuts of sour D, apple Fritter, sundae float, and a few others were notably dysphoric for me. Although they don't necessarily smell/taste similar all of them had a combination of limonene/caryophellene as the primary terpenes so that's something I usually try to avoid now. My happy terpene is myrcene, so I usually look for indicas that are myrcene dominant if I want to get that relaxed, happy stoned feeling. I'm a huge fan of afghani strains, so just straight Afghan, blueberry, or alien rift would all be high on my list for stuff to groove out to. For something a bit more energetic I'd Jack Herer or Cinderella 99. If you have access to good live resin dabs that's probably the closest thing to "teenager high" that I've found since becoming an adult smoker.

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1652 on: September 19, 2022, 12:51:07 PM »
Went down to ABQ last week and sampled some of the goods down there. Had two pretty good grams from the dispos: Sunshine Daydream (Green Crack x Tres Dawg crossed with Bubba and Blue Moonshine) and Don Carlos (Blackberry x Humboldt Sour D).

But the homegrown from my buddy really knocked both of these out, smelled like the Chernobyl I had recently, kinda floral. Sometimes the homie still has the best bud available.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1653 on: September 19, 2022, 08:41:15 PM »
I've been smoking some very potent, fresh af strains lately and was getting super high. which is quite nice but yesterday I broke out a couple jars of some less potent stuff left over from last year, in particular what was a good batch of SFV OG and some SouthFork Kush. Kinda hardly notice i'm high for a while but just end up feeling really, really nice. good shit for walking and getting things done
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1654 on: September 20, 2022, 06:41:14 PM »
My buddy stopped by and gave me a couple little chuds. I love how they smell until i put them in the grinder. They smell like camphor. I hate vaporub and its kinda terrible tbh. The one hit i took didnt taste like it but damn. Im bout to give that shit back lol. This is the second time his shit came out tasting this way. Anyway rant over.

https://imgur.com/CSw3AMO

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1655 on: September 20, 2022, 06:55:27 PM »
i had some weird bud as well. it smelled kind of terrible tbh. but it tasted ok. made me very sleepy and relaxed. too relaxed actually, cause i would just be able to hang out after smoking. i suppose this is some very hazy indica. it's very sticky and hard to grind. tastes very earthy with a hint of pine. it smells like earth and terpentine. there's a hint of pine in there, too. tbh i didn't like it a lot. it seems potent, but i don't like the hit. too couchlocky.

the weed around here is pretty terrible rn. i'm almost thinking about detoxing again until some nice bud comes around again.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1656 on: September 21, 2022, 09:19:42 AM »
My buddy stopped by and gave me a couple little chuds. I love how they smell until i put them in the grinder. They smell like camphor. I hate vaporub and its kinda terrible tbh. The one hit i took didnt taste like it but damn. Im bout to give that shit back lol. This is the second time his shit came out tasting this way. Anyway rant over.

https://imgur.com/CSw3AMO

A proper flush can help clean out bad taste. Dude needs to only water, not feed the last 10 days and refrain from wet trimming. Just my experience lol

Expand Quote
I've been smoking some very potent, fresh af strains lately and was getting super high. which is quite nice but yesterday I broke out a couple jars of some less potent stuff left over from last year, in particular what was a good batch of SFV OG and some SouthFork Kush. Kinda hardly notice i'm high for a while but just end up feeling really, really nice. good shit for walking and getting things done
[close]

That's exactly how edibles are for me (10-30mg range)

Edibles kick my ass and I love it. Hahahaha 5 mg with some bong hits does it nice for me. Throw some Valerian or skull cap capsules in there and its time to drag my dick in the dirt.

Speaking of dick in the dirt weed, I've been reminiscing about these phenotypes my friends had developed for their 99 plant outdoor grows. It was a generic strain(s) but soooo good. People would be asking for whatever the flavor of the month was and its just like "try this LA Dream before your deny..." LBD, LBG, LBDA is what they were called. LBD was a local blue dream cut crossed with LA confidential, LBG was LA Con x Blue Dream crossed with Gods Gift, and LBDA was blue dream x LA Con x cheese. They had a few others crossed with Mr. Nice and NYC Sour D, but those first 3 were soooo good. This ganja scene had a garden at 4800-5000 ft elevation and one at 3800ft elevation. Full south facing gardens with noticeable differences in potency, flavor, and effect depending on where it was grown.

RIP to the old school, real school ganja outlaw scene

lydius

« Reply #1657 on: September 21, 2022, 10:36:00 AM »
i had some weird bud as well. it smelled kind of terrible tbh. but it tasted ok. made me very sleepy and relaxed. too relaxed actually, cause i would just be able to hang out after smoking. i suppose this is some very hazy indica. it's very sticky and hard to grind. tastes very earthy with a hint of pine. it smells like earth and terpentine. there's a hint of pine in there, too. tbh i didn't like it a lot. it seems potent, but i don't like the hit. too couchlocky.

the weed around here is pretty terrible rn. i'm almost thinking about detoxing again until some nice bud comes around again.
this sounds exactly like Hindu Kush to me. bud smells like sharp chemicals and gets me way too tired. pretty sure I gave away what was left of that gram, couldn't finish it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1658 on: September 21, 2022, 02:06:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
this sounds exactly like Hindu Kush to me. bud smells like sharp chemicals and gets me way too tired. pretty sure I gave away what was left of that gram, couldn't finish it.

yeah, that's what i would have guessed as well. some very indica heavy kush.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1659 on: September 21, 2022, 08:53:26 PM »
Gimp Piss. Like 30 days left.

Natas Fauxas

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1661 on: September 22, 2022, 01:33:11 PM »

You feeling alright?

The scene involved that gimp guy and that strain is called gimp piss.

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1662 on: September 22, 2022, 01:53:56 PM »

The scene involved that gimp guy and that strain is called gimp piss.

Im fucking fried. I didnt put that together.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1663 on: September 23, 2022, 07:03:52 PM »
Looking really nice Natas. Seriously packing on the pounds there, those colas are going to come out picture perfect.

You know you can't stop here. Your bodily fluids may have have unlocked something powerful and you must keep going. Maybe for the next grow crack one out in the pot every few days and call it Bukakkush.

I have to take a break next week but the dispensary girl told me this was dropping today so I had to try it. I haven't had a ton of rosin and most of what I've had was pressed at home from flower, so I'm pretty comfortable saying this is the best rosin I've ever had. I'm not sure but I think it's made from hash (maybe dry sift? I doubt they'd waste bubble on this) because it's super clean and there's almost no decarbed THC in the final product. Either way their rosin extractor did a killer job on this. Obviously I'm a big fan of this strain and this is one of the best representations of it I've had yet.

I'm dabbing it with a nectar collector and the taste is unreal. As soon as it hits the tip you just get a blast of floral, slightly spicy blueberry goodness that completely coats your mouth with terps the same way drinking milk does. I would say despite being very similar on paper, its less potent than the bubble or at least less intense, but that might be partially down to the difference between smoking bongs of hash and taking small sips of vapor.

The high feels almost identical to the flower - super chilled out indica buzz but not overly sedating. Zero anxiety, good pain management and solid appetite stimulation so it's a perfect fit for my medical needs. Also, true to its PPD lineage its definitely horny weed. Really enjoyable overall.

If you're a heavy dabber or cart user who's concerned about long term exposure to hydrocarbon solvents then I highly recommend seeing if you can find some high quality rosin in your area. It's typically more expensive but totally worth it. This stuff is so clean it barely even leaves a residue and I haven't had to clean my straw yet when I normally have to do so every 5-10 hits.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #1664 on: September 25, 2022, 11:34:20 AM »
Some random pics from this morning of my early girls.

Didn't put enough effort into the grow this year due to being very busy and depressed a lot of the time so I never pruned or did my IPM neem spray through veg... so they're basically au natural other than eventually pruning off a lot of small inner flower or garbage low shoots.

I also lost track of a lot of labels too but these plants are all from Richard Williams seeds. Texada Purps, Purple Congo (Texada Purps x Back To the Congo), Deep Warp (Deep Chunk x (Texada TimewarpxEarly Cambodian))

Some cool early finishing varities that grow well in my climate. I have some Sweet Skunk X C99 from peak seeds bc also but that isn't nearly as far along. Not sure why I still try to grow stuff that takes well into October but the Sweet C99 is one of my all-time favourite varieties for productive daytime usage. Maybe I'll post it in the next couple of weeks. Also sorry my phone's camera is really shitty.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1665 on: September 25, 2022, 11:51:24 AM »

Didn't put enough effort into the grow this year due to being very busy and depressed a lot of the time so I never pruned or did my IPM neem spray through veg... so they're basically au natural other than eventually pruning off a lot of small inner flower or garbage low shoots.

I also lost track of a lot of labels too but these plants are all from Richard Williams seeds. Texada Purps, Purple Congo (Texada Purps x Back To the Congo), Deep Warp (Deep Chunk x (Texada TimewarpxEarly Cambodian))

Some cool early finishing varities that grow well in my climate. I have some Sweet Skunk X C99 from peak seeds bc also but that isn't nearly as far along. Not sure why I still try to grow stuff that takes well into October but the Sweet C99 is one of my all-time favourite varieties for productive daytime usage. Maybe I'll post it in the next couple of weeks. Also sorry my phone's camera is really shitty.

Gorgeous flowers there man. Those look like some pretty hefty colas, I don't know anything about the Texada strains but I'm assuming they're pretty big yielders?

I def want to see that c99 sweet skunk, that sounds super duper up my alley. I have a strong affinity for the tropical skunks and landraces and I've really enjoyed some other similar c99 crosses. I think for whatever reason it just pairs really well with those sweet and citrusy skunks.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1666 on: September 25, 2022, 02:07:07 PM »
i'd love to check out some cindy, never came across it sadly.

those flowers look awesome, very beautiful.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1667 on: September 25, 2022, 11:51:34 PM »

Looking good fam. glad to see others having fun with growing their own.

lydius

« Reply #1668 on: September 27, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »
end of summer harvest pics are always a joy. the piss weed is looking pretty bomb!

picked up an 8th of my fave strain for 12 bucks, this is the seventh different farm I've had this from. never disappoints with a sweet musky pine. just harvested end of July so they are pretty fresh still, a little spongy, which I don't mind.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1669 on: September 28, 2022, 03:52:19 AM »
end of summer harvest pics are always a joy. the piss weed is looking pretty bomb!

picked up an 8th of my fave strain for 12 bucks, this is the seventh different farm I've had this from. never disappoints with a sweet musky pine. just harvested end of July so they are pretty fresh still, a little spongy, which I don't mind.

Nice, do they charge less for small buds there too? I tend to buy the smalls not just for the price but because there's very little stem and I find that for whatever reason they seem to maintain humidity and stay "fresh" longer. I think they're easier to properly cure or something. Also I don't have to feel bad about breaking up big beautiful flowers haha.

I grabbed some smalls of my favorite version of maybe my favorite strain....Golden Goat. This is a corporate brand (GTI) but their PA grower is very good and their goat cut is the best I've ever had in terms of both taste and effects.

https://i.imgur.com/I6ocUJ7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AiUafJK.jpg

24.22% thca

Terps -
Caryophyllene: 0.454% | Humulene: 0.184% | Limonene : 0.146% | Linalool : 0.054% | Myrcene : 0.292% | Terpinolene : 0.69% | Bisabolol : 0.063% | Pinene : 0.13% | b-Pinene : 0.132%.

Super funky batch with a lot more caryo than usual, but its not "spicy" or overpowering the sweetness like some shitty cuts I've had. It just sort of enhances that stinky, rotten flesh funk that gives goat such a uniquely recognizable flavor. There's just the right amount of terpinoline/myrcene/limonene to make the first and strongest part of the taste a sweet, slightly fruity citrus soda kinda thing. It's sort of like drinking mountain dew while enveloped in a cloud of your own rotten beef farts.

Effects are beautiful and potent. Goat has a lot in common with Jack for me, they're both very uplifting but I would say that Jack is more of a creative/goofy type while the goat is more motivating and focused. Very good meds.

lydius

« Reply #1670 on: September 28, 2022, 04:13:12 PM »
ha I love your descriptions BR, I really get a sense of what it's like to take in a big whiff and a hit of your buds. GG is one I should try for the hell of it, if only because you rave about it all the time LOL. Lamb's Bread too, as far as interesting and effective sativas.

yeah the b-buds are always priced lower, I have no problem with them. if anything, I feel like they are often even more coated in trichs than the standard A buds. I was chatting with the budtender yesterday and probably pissed him off when I said there's really no reason to be paying more than like 5 or 6 a gram for quality weed in this town, he just shot back defensively, "you sure about that?" Ha good luck selling your 15 dollar a gram top shelf, buddy.

Clone1984

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1671 on: September 28, 2022, 05:06:26 PM »
She's not doing too well, I think. It has been a couple months. I don't have a lot of experience. I haven't grown in like 13 years and that time was outdoor. I am just sort of doing it for the zen. Anyway i wanted to share, but I'd like to learn if anyone has a tip on how to save her.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1672 on: September 29, 2022, 10:01:36 AM »
ha I love your descriptions BR, I really get a sense of what it's like to take in a big whiff and a hit of your buds. GG is one I should try for the hell of it, if only because you rave about it all the time LOL. Lamb's Bread too, as far as interesting and effective sativas.

yeah the b-buds are always priced lower, I have no problem with them. if anything, I feel like they are often even more coated in trichs than the standard A buds. I was chatting with the budtender yesterday and probably pissed him off when I said there's really no reason to be paying more than like 5 or 6 a gram for quality weed in this town, he just shot back defensively, "you sure about that?" Ha good luck selling your 15 dollar a gram top shelf, buddy.

Thanks, I enjoy your pics and descriptions as well! I actually got a little bit more info on the "lambs bread" that I was so happy with a while back, it was a cross between what's supposedly a Jamaican landrace and a really nice Herer hybrid called Jackie O, with most of its terp profile coming from the Jackie O. Certainly explains why it reminded me of good Jack so much haha. Unfortunately that grower said their clones kept herming so they had to stop growing it, they blamed "genetic drift" but given their other flower im going to say they just suck at growing.

I just got back from a dispo run. Grabbed more GG4 carts and bb muffin rosin to get me through the weekend. I might head home to watch the steelers game with my HS buddies this weekend so I snagged a couple flowers that I think are ideal for just such a social situation. I decided to go with a "3 square meals" lineup with breakfast, lunch, and dinner strains.

Breakfast is citrus city OG (lemon OG x 213 OG) which is a strong sat dom with a terp profile that's just super terpinoline dominant. This shit tastes like someone sprinkled lemon Kool aid on a bud and last batch had some of the purest sativa effects I've had in a while.

Lunch is bubblegum. This is from one of our "mid" growers but they do a decent job and bubblegum is hard to fuck up. This one's called bubblegum 11 but I don't know if that's a pheno or its crossed with something else, but the smell and terp profile are identical to plain old BBG with lots of myrcene and ocimene.

Dinner is GMO/Garlic cookies. My best bud mentioned he wants to try something a little more indica for those chilly fall nights and they just dropped one of the best batches I've ever seen. 34% thca and 2.5% terps. They only had grams but thankfully my discount brought them down to $10 each so still not on par with you Lydius but we're getting cheaper. I grabbed one for me, one for the old man, and one for the homie.

I'll post pics later when I'm twisting up some doobs.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1673 on: September 29, 2022, 05:17:33 PM »
Bitch is turning purple because its getting cold too fast. Trichs are about to get cloudy soon and then i butcher her.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1674 on: September 30, 2022, 04:06:54 AM »
Bitch is turning purple because its getting cold too fast. Trichs are about to get cloudy soon and then i butcher her.

Ooooooh what a looker. Kinky bitch loves spreading those leaves. Can't wait to see her naked!

Here's the terp labels from yesterday's pick up.

https://imgur.com/a/QdDukND

And flower pics.

https://imgur.com/a/ppAw9ON

Last pic is the first gram of Garlic Cookies but I forgot to label it. Buzz cuts for everyone but that's kinda what we get here unless you buy the absolute top shelf, that's usually hand trimmed. I've always thought it was mostly aesthetics but I have to think there's a sizeable amount of good stuff getting knocked off given the fact that almost everyone is using kief tables and selling what comes through the screens as "dry sift" for $40 a G.

The Cit Cit is some of the stickiest shit I've ever encountered. It broke my cheap grinder, when I tried to turn it there was so much resistance that the grinding insert broke loose from the housing. Today was my piss day at the klinik and then straight to work so I didn't smoke the joint I rolled yet, but I had to leave it out for like an hour in the dry fall air to get it loose enough to hit without clogging. The ground up flower is so sticky it actually sticks together and holds the shape of the container.

The bubblegum is also fresh and sticky as fuck. I smoked so much of this back in the day when it was really popular that I always think I'm gonna be sick of it but I never am. Really kind of surprised that it doesn't get more love in the modern market given the fact that it literally smells and tastes like candy. I guess the lack of bag appeal really matters to people? Looking forward to taking a long walk after work and maybe skating a little bit if my back loosens up.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 04:49:17 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #1675 on: October 02, 2022, 04:15:52 AM »
can any of u American stoners tell me do u lot ever see any popular UK strains over there? Like stardawg or cheese? (I know stardawg was bred in the US but any UK resident can tell u it’s fuckin everywhere here)

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1676 on: October 02, 2022, 08:35:40 AM »
can any of u American stoners tell me do u lot ever see any popular UK strains over there? Like stardawg or cheese? (I know stardawg was bred in the US but any UK resident can tell u it’s fuckin everywhere here)

I've definitely seen some Stardawg here in the Michigan Market.  Cheesy strains can be harder to come by.  The dispo I manage usually has some Queso Perro in stock,  by far the cheesiest strain I've tried.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1677 on: October 02, 2022, 04:25:47 PM »

About 8 or 10 years ago Cheese was a very common strain to be grown/crossed with something else in the outdoor commercial black market of northern california/emerald triangle, which was where the vast majority of weed in the US came from. In my experience however people weren't selling it as cheese in the big bulk orders, 100-500+ units, and it would be named something else that was more popular once it was distributed. soooo much of the shit people have been calling OG, Kush, Purp, Piff etc has been something like Cheese, Mr. Nice, G13... strains that grow well in particular environments, which produce monster buds with minimal effort, looks good, gets your ripped, etc. So I think that cheese especially has been incredibly prevalent, same with something like stardawg or any of the "gas" strains, but they're often being sold as something else. And, in my experience, it's not that different in the nascent legal/dispensary world either. People saying this phenotype, that phenotype- people get sold mislabled clones and can't sustain a loss, or they lose a crop of X but Y is doing well, and the shop needs X some they sell Y as X. But i'm off topic, so yeah, there's been plenty of cheese and stardawg around but sellers end up calling it something else.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1678 on: October 03, 2022, 01:50:43 AM »

We've got both from multiple growers in my state, with multiple cheese strains including a "UK cheese" haha. Here's an incomplete list of all the strains on shelves in Pennsylvania right now if you want to poke around and see there's anything else you recognise.

https://pastrainfinder.com/bin/findStrain?page=strains

But, as iutsm already highlighted, we have little to no regulation so it can be really hard to know what's legit, what's a copycat, and what's straight up mislabeled. Back in probably 2010-2011 I had 7 pounds of Colorado grown cheese chilling in my closet for a few months and most of what I've tried here has been pretty legit, save for one that I'm 90% sure had thai roots.

I remember hearing that like 90% of UK bud was stardawg. I assume because it's potent and a consistent big yielder, to the point one of our budget growers was crossing damn near everything they had to it to try and push up the THC numbers and weight. Thankfully they got bought out and the first thing the new owners did was totally overhaul the genetic library.

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #1679 on: October 03, 2022, 03:51:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We've got both from multiple growers in my state, with multiple cheese strains including a "UK cheese" haha. Here's an incomplete list of all the strains on shelves in Pennsylvania right now if you want to poke around and see there's anything else you recognise.

https://pastrainfinder.com/bin/findStrain?page=strains

But, as iutsm already highlighted, we have little to no regulation so it can be really hard to know what's legit, what's a copycat, and what's straight up mislabeled. Back in probably 2010-2011 I had 7 pounds of Colorado grown cheese chilling in my closet for a few months and most of what I've tried here has been pretty legit, save for one that I'm 90% sure had thai roots.

I remember hearing that like 90% of UK bud was stardawg. I assume because it's potent and a consistent big yielder, to the point one of our budget growers was crossing damn near everything they had to it to try and push up the THC numbers and weight. Thankfully they got bought out and the first thing the new owners did was totally overhaul the genetic library.
Damn thanks for the list I’m gonna check that out. Yeah stardawg is super common for the exact reasons you guessed, Albanian gangs pump it out to sub par standards. The good thing is there are good strains out there if you know the right plug. I think dawg gets a bad rap over here because it’s so common and often lazily grown or rushed, so people are used 2 smoking a lesser version. Have u ever came across Moroccan hash? It’s probably pretty weak compared 2 the extracts u guys have available but it’s got a banging taste and quite a unique high if u ever see it.