Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180794 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1770 on: December 25, 2022, 02:30:10 PM »
yeah i love hybrids. straight sativa only often just ups me and im just nervous/antsy. straight inica often dont taste good. need the sativa gens for taste and the indica for effect.

Tic-Tac God

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1771 on: December 26, 2022, 05:54:23 PM »
I've always been annoyed with the wine tasting nature of pot stores, but maybe I need to fall back and re group. Maybe an "energetic Indica" is what I'm really looking for. I always just tell them to take me to the sativa section. Next time I go I may actually ask advice of the clerk. I don't need help relaxing as I am profoundly lazy already. I love smoking and working. (from home, on marginally creative things on the computer) so I'm not (because of the aforementioned laziness) looking forward to diving in to finding just the right hybrid. Guess I'll buy a lot of small bags of options and see what works best.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #1772 on: December 28, 2022, 03:50:05 AM »
yeah i love hybrids. straight sativa only often just ups me and im just nervous/antsy. straight inica often dont taste good. need the sativa gens for taste and the indica for effect.

While some of my absolute favorite tasting strains are mostly sativa (golden goat, durb etc) on the whole I actually think I prefer strong indica roots for taste. Blueberry, the grapey strains I've been loving, the purp family tree, even some of those really gassy OGs... Most indica strains are in my wheelhouse. It probably doesn't help that a lot of the modern "sativas" on the market seem to be more of the Thai style with an earthy, kinda peppery note to them and while I don't necessarily dislike that, I have to be in the mood for it and I definitely like the sweet and fruity tropical style ones a lot more. Also classic Afghani landrace style strains with their sugary, floral, earthy terp profile are really hard to beat for me.

I just ripped a perfectly rolled joint of Banana OG. Elements rice paper and tip and about half a gram of flower. I was a little meh on the nose of this when I first got it but after getting it into proper packaging I'm getting more of a sweet, almost artificial banana taste and it's cool. One of the unique qualities of this strain is that it's a strong creeper... I smoked half the joint and wasn't feeling much, then by the end of it i didn't want to get out of the recliner. Pretty nice little indica leaning high now, feeling like I might go back to bed for an hour or two actually haha.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1773 on: December 28, 2022, 04:37:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

While some of my absolute favorite tasting strains are mostly sativa (golden goat, durb etc) on the whole I actually think I prefer strong indica roots for taste. Blueberry, the grapey strains I've been loving, the purp family tree, even some of those really gassy OGs... Most indica strains are in my wheelhouse. It probably doesn't help that a lot of the modern "sativas" on the market seem to be more of the Thai style with an earthy, kinda peppery note to them and while I don't necessarily dislike that, I have to be in the mood for it and I definitely like the sweet and fruity tropical style ones a lot more. Also classic Afghani landrace style strains with their sugary, floral, earthy terp profile are really hard to beat for me.

I just ripped a perfectly rolled joint of Banana OG. Elements rice paper and tip and about half a gram of flower. I was a little meh on the nose of this when I first got it but after getting it into proper packaging I'm getting more of a sweet, almost artificial banana taste and it's cool. One of the unique qualities of this strain is that it's a strong creeper... I smoked half the joint and wasn't feeling much, then by the end of it i didn't want to get out of the recliner. Pretty nice little indica leaning high now, feeling like I might go back to bed for an hour or two actually haha.

hmmm interesting. most indica heavy stuff i got was very sticky and resinous, but almost always too earthy, often not that floral. i picked the hybrid as my favorite because if there was one strain i had to smoke for the rest of my life, it might be og kush.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1774 on: December 31, 2022, 11:27:50 PM »
I'm with you on good OGs being an "I could smoke this the rest of my life and be happy" strain. I actually just rang in the new year with a bowl of private reserve/OG 18 I had been saving for a while. Also sipping on some purple chem (gdp x chemdawg) sugar that has a good bit of the classic purp strain terps and hits hard.

I think the sweet and floral indicas are mostly rooted in Afghani landraces. Most of what I like seems to end up back at an Afghani if I follow the lineage far enough. They tend to be sugary, a little earthy, and sometimes have a unique almost oil or burnt rubber taste. If you get a chance to try some afghani stuff once the legal market opens I definitely recommend it.

The place down the block had a sale on grams (4 for $25) but it's all from the brand that grows basically nothing but candy weed.

https://imgur.com/a/K6LFkGn

Han Solo Burger x Northfire cookies is one I've had before and liked. High thc, sativa leaning, tastes a lot like the HSB parent. This strain actually has the record for highest thc of any flower I've purchased at 37+% but this batch is down around 28.

Jokerz Candy is definitely bred for bag appeal but it's not bad. I had some bubble hash of this strain a while ago and I liked it so I decided to try the flower. Kind of a generic gassy citrus taste but it's well grown and hits quite hard. Im digging this one.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1775 on: January 01, 2023, 06:47:09 PM »

The live soil guys put out a couple of new strains with $15 gram samplers. Grabbed some more crippy, but these are the ones I hadn't tried yet.

Grape Cream Cake (grape stomper x wedding cake x cherry pie) - Well I've been pretty into the grape strains lately, so this made sense. It's just grape cake slightly renamed. I've reviewed this before but it's one of the better candy strains I've tried, nice chilled out indica high.

Chem Brulee (Platinum kush x OG kush x GSC) - sadly this isn't a Chem cross despite the name. And it's not very chemmy. Interesting though, it's got a floral gassy tangie kinda thing going on. Strong head high, not super euphoric but it's there. Some heavy limbs and not feeling much pain. Very relaxing. Digging it.

Since I didn't realize that the grape cream cake is actually just grape cake (this is the dispensary that doesn't list any info beyond the name) I actually also got an 8th of grape cake from the budget grower that is sometimes good. It's gonna get ground up and go into Santa joints for Xmas eve.

I also grabbed a couple Blueberry Space Cake carts while they were in stock. Good batch too, 10% terps with 6% myrcene. Love this strain, it's got a blueberry coca cola thing and is really chilled out. One of my favorite vapes for sure.

God damn thats some frosty shit. I know that isnt the end all be all, but its does look nice.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1776 on: January 03, 2023, 08:57:46 PM »
Yeah man I think I've probably smoked more of the grape cake in the past month than any other strain. It's got a little bit of the goofy candy weed high but it's also got solid indica effects without crazy munchies. Really nice after work strain.

It does seem like it's been a while since I found a pretty strain that I also think tastes good and has the right effects. Lately its either stuff that looks great but is kinda meh (jokerz Candy) or stuff that doesn't look impressive in any way but has a taste or smell that's off the charts (mac n Cheese, kaliburst, and crippy come to mind).

Probably gonna grab some new stuff tomorrow, not sure yet.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1777 on: January 04, 2023, 11:07:25 AM »
Sup dudes, been a while.

Took about 72-ish days off from smoking during the time I had Covid in early October. Longest I'd ever gone without was 5 days in 2010. I remember the year because that's when I got to Australia and it took me about 5 days to find weed. Other than that it was daily smoking all the time.

I had no plans to stop, however once I saw all the disgusting gunk coming out of my lungs from almost 20 years of daily smoking, I decided to hang 'em up for a while. Could be a week, could be a month, I had no plan but decided to put the stashbox away for a while. Also felt like a fucking idiot smoking whilst having Covid even if it was mild.

One other reason was to improve my quality of sleep. 20 years with poor REM sleep kinda takes its toll on you over the years. Sure I'd get blasted every night and it'd knock me out, but I'd always wake up so groggy and looking like a damn racoon. I'd barely dream and/or remember them.

Christ those dreams were intense when they came back. After a while I got used to it and I'd look forward to going to sleep just to see how trippy they'd get. But the nice part was how refreshed I'd feel in the morning. Don't even need coffee anymore. I went from 2-3 cups of strong coffee every morning to one cup of breakfast tea to smooth out the caffeine withdrawals. Caffeine's a motherfucker on its own, I'm much less anxious during the days now.

I finally got off my ass and hired a kinesiologist and personal trainer to help with my back problems (back's feeling almost bulletproof now). Working out 3x a week with my trainer + BJJ 3x a week = I haven't been this in shape since I was 18 years old. Fuckin' love it and I'll be keeping this habit.

And the crazy part ? I didn't even miss smoking at all, barely had any cravings. I'd been around it a bunch and had no problems. Friends were super cool with it.

I recently re-started slowly over the holidays. Decided to keep it to weekend nights and not get into the habit of smoking everyday.

Also decided to stop "smoking" and got a flower vape. Man I can't believe it took me so long to get one of those but those things are fucking amazing. I can barely finish a "bowl" and I almost got lost in my own neighbourhood whilst taking a walk the other night, that's how fucking high I got.

So yeah, first tolerance break in about 20 years felt wonderful and I'm going to be doing them a few times a year now and keep the tolerance low. Hate to sound like a square, but in my case, my weed habit was really holding me back and I don't want to get into heavy smoking anymore. I'm lame now I guess.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1778 on: January 04, 2023, 11:08:07 AM »

See you guys in about a week.

Joking aside, this stuff is awesome. This strain is one of my top 3 indicas and they did a pretty solid job on it. It's highly processed BHO (total lack of color from the CRC) which always tastes a little too "clean" for me but there's plenty of terps to cover it up. Overall it's extremely similar to the BBM rosin I was obsessed with a few months ago in both taste and effects. I would love to see the flower it came from now, since this is the same grower who did the Sunshine OG.

Also got a quarter of Durban poison that's the worst batch yet. No idea how they just completely forgot how to grow it but they did. Other goodies -

Gram of nice chemdawg
Gram of not nice Rosetta Stone
8th of Banana OG - $24 and it's really good again. Dense, sticky  nugs that smell great.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1779 on: January 04, 2023, 05:24:50 PM »
Sup dudes, been a while.

Took about 72-ish days off from smoking during the time I had Covid in early October. Longest I'd ever gone without was 5 days in 2010. I remember the year because that's when I got to Australia and it took me about 5 days to find weed. Other than that it was daily smoking all the time.

I had no plans to stop, however once I saw all the disgusting gunk coming out of my lungs from almost 20 years of daily smoking, I decided to hang 'em up for a while. Could be a week, could be a month, I had no plan but decided to put the stashbox away for a while. Also felt like a fucking idiot smoking whilst having Covid even if it was mild.

One other reason was to improve my quality of sleep. 20 years with poor REM sleep kinda takes its toll on you over the years. Sure I'd get blasted every night and it'd knock me out, but I'd always wake up so groggy and looking like a damn racoon. I'd barely dream and/or remember them.

Christ those dreams were intense when they came back. After a while I got used to it and I'd look forward to going to sleep just to see how trippy they'd get. But the nice part was how refreshed I'd feel in the morning. Don't even need coffee anymore. I went from 2-3 cups of strong coffee every morning to one cup of breakfast tea to smooth out the caffeine withdrawals. Caffeine's a motherfucker on its own, I'm much less anxious during the days now.

I finally got off my ass and hired a kinesiologist and personal trainer to help with my back problems (back's feeling almost bulletproof now). Working out 3x a week with my trainer + BJJ 3x a week = I haven't been this in shape since I was 18 years old. Fuckin' love it and I'll be keeping this habit.

And the crazy part ? I didn't even miss smoking at all, barely had any cravings. I'd been around it a bunch and had no problems. Friends were super cool with it.

I recently re-started slowly over the holidays. Decided to keep it to weekend nights and not get into the habit of smoking everyday.

Also decided to stop "smoking" and got a flower vape. Man I can't believe it took me so long to get one of those but those things are fucking amazing. I can barely finish a "bowl" and I almost got lost in my own neighbourhood whilst taking a walk the other night, that's how fucking high I got.

So yeah, first tolerance break in about 20 years felt wonderful and I'm going to be doing them a few times a year now and keep the tolerance low. Hate to sound like a square, but in my case, my weed habit was really holding me back and I don't want to get into heavy smoking anymore. I'm lame now I guess.

Hey boogs! Glad to hear shits going good, I remember you coming down with the rona and saying it was kicking your ass a little so definitely happy you're feeling better man.

T breaks are essential. I'm overdue for one. Usually after a few months of pummeling my lungs will scream at me to take a few days off but i haven't done one since early in the fall. Taking extended time off definitely gave me a new found appreciation for it when I came back too.

Welcome to the world of vaping haha. I don't do a ton of flower vaping since I lost my dynavap and the bowl on my handheld is too big, but I fuck with extracts pretty hard. Some good dabs and a cheap nectar collector might be something to look into if you want something else easy on the lungs and tongue, but it does make it easy to get really high really fast so it's maybe not the best thing if you're trying to moderate.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1780 on: January 04, 2023, 08:17:14 PM »
Little help…

I have never tried edibles but I have a 16 hr flight to Asia and I don’t want to drink the whole time.

I usually smoke a bowl of hybrid mid grade flower and I’m good.

How many mg should I eat on the plane and how often to maintain a steady buzz the whole flight?

Appreciate any edible advice…

I'll be honest with you my dude, I wouldn't take edibles for the first time on a plane especially going to Asia. They hit differently, can hit hard as fuck and are often unpredictable. I've had 30 mg gummies put me on the moon with the sweats and that's a fairly low dose compared to what I was taking at the time (usually 80 to 100-ish).

Is there a way you can try them just to get a feel of it before the day of your flight ?

If you're dead set on doing it, go low and be patient. You can always take more, you can't take less.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 08:27:24 PM by TheBoognish »

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #1781 on: January 04, 2023, 08:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Little help…

I have never tried edibles but I have a 16 hr flight to Asia and I don’t want to drink the whole time.

I usually smoke a bowl of hybrid mid grade flower and I’m good.

How many mg should I eat on the plane and how often to maintain a steady buzz the whole flight?

Appreciate any edible advice…
[close]

I'll be honest with you my dude, I wouldn't take edibles for the first time on a plane. They hit differently, can hit hard as fuck and are often unpredictable. I've had 30 mg gummies put me on the moon with the sweats and that's a fairly low dose compared to what I was taking at the time (usually 80 to 100-ish).

Is there a way you can try them before the day of your flight ?

Thanks for the advice.

My travel date is Feb 19 so I have plenty of time to test mg levels. I’m planning on buying a pack of 10 mg Kiva gummies and start fucking around.

I just would much rather smoke a bowl so it’s going to be hard to just eat some gummies and wait.

My friend gave me a piece of chocolate once and I ate it, smoked a joint while walking around and then got on a train. I started to feel like I was on a roller coaster like 90 minutes later while I was in transit. I was over being high when the edible started to kick in.

I’m gonna be more scientific this time.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1782 on: January 05, 2023, 05:20:36 AM »
Definitely experiment with edibles first before you go. I'd even do like an exact test run and go out in public and see how you respond because as the wise boognish noted, even for experienced smokers it can get on top of you the first few times. If you're in a legal market then I would either grab some capsules (you can get anything from 5mg to like 100mg, plus all sorts of cbd ratios etc here in PA) or a tube of RSO if you want to make sure you have a totally consistent batch or just want to experience the fairly strong flavor that even a tiny drop of it will add or want a specific strain. Blueberry and kush mints have been my favorite RSOs (although I've only tried like 6 strains).

With your usual dosage I'd say start with about 10-15mg at first and wait about 2 hours to see how you feel. Be careful about re-doing until you figure out how it's gonna hit you because there's been times I've had it hit basically full strength after 45 minutes and then times it's slowly crept on me for hours depending on how empty my stomach is and the dosage I took. It's probably going to be kind of intense the first time, just like when you started smoking or if you took an extended break and ripped a bowl of high grade so it might be a good idea to have a buddy or partner with you on your test runs.

So ya, just experiment with it on the weekends and get a few test runs in and you'll be good to go. It's one of those things where everyone is different and you just gotta figure out what your individual dosage is. Keep an eye out for stuff with CBN if you want to just sleep the whole time. If you go the RSO route then I would look for a nice strong indica strain and pack a shit load of snacks and a laptop or tablet full of entertainment or video games. 16 hours ripped out of my mind scarfing down gummy nerd clusters and pork rinds while I play command & conquer or age of empires on my laptop sounds like a vacation in and of itself haha.

For my own amusement I want to imagine you get absolutely loaded and become the most insufferable passenger ever haha. Spend 12 hours just watching skate videos super loud and burping like Barney Gumble while you continually show the people around you what you're watching and describe everything in the most "skater lingo" terms you can think of. Then end every clip by claiming to have skated with that person and/or insisting you could have done the trick better.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1783 on: January 05, 2023, 08:20:18 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/9ZwMKdS

Here's the flowers I grabbed alongside that blueberry muffin BHO.

The "budget" Banana OG delivers again. Can't beat this shit for $24 an 8th, if they still have it next time I'm downtown I'm gonna grab a couple more. I prefer it not going through the auto trimmer and even though it wasn't one big bud this time its 5 dense little nugs that are perfectly cured. This jar has stronger banana candy notes and has some amber trichs under magnification which is a rarity for corporate weed. Same sweet banana taste and classic creeper high. You get halfway through the joint and think it's not working then 20 minutes later you're glued to the nearest flat surface.

Worst batch of Durban poison yet. Around 2% total terps which is less than half what this strain averaged a year ago. It was $45 a q so relative to the rest of the market its still a good deal but I'd gladly pay premium prices if it was good again. Smoked a joint of it this morning and it's still Durbs which means better than 99% of the alternatives, but knowing what this strain can be it makes me a little sad.

Rosetta Stone (white Widow x ginger ale) is a strain that's really interesting to me but this is a poorly grown example. It's a brothers grimm strain (the folks responsible for Cindy 99 amongst other legends) and is supposed to have a delicious spicy citrus taste which I can just barely pick up on the green hit. I hope they can dial it in because the reviews on it are great and the genetics are solid.

Chemdawg is the same grower as Rosetta stone but they did a solid job on this one. It's one of the sweeter chem cuts I've had and I dig it. Has the amazing long lasting mood elevation that seems to be lacking in a lot of today's strains and I always find chem to be a great social strain as a result. Pass a joint of this around and your whole circle will be digging each other's vibe. The one negative is chem always kills my throat. I'm not sure what it is, but there's a terp or something in there that irritates my throat even when the bud is perfectly cured and smoked through clean glass and ice water. It goes away eventually but I end up clearing my throat a bunch for like 45 minutes after I smoke it.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1784 on: January 07, 2023, 01:48:19 PM »
I've tried tinctures before and they didn't have much of an effect on me. Tried different dosages as well. Any suggestions for good brands?
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1785 on: January 07, 2023, 02:19:44 PM »
Maybe you bought a CBD heavy formula?

The one I got was a spray tincture. No mention of CBD, but the original packaging is gone.

I can't have much CBD due to it interacting with one of my meds and raises my BP.

I'll try another soon. How long does it normally take for it to start working.
The streets await

thebacker

« Reply #1786 on: January 07, 2023, 05:59:08 PM »
That NJ medical pack be hittin I tell you what

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1787 on: January 11, 2023, 06:20:23 AM »
Weed in Michigan is stupid cheap now. I just hit a new shop yesterday and walked out with 3 200mg packs of gummies, 5 1g carts, and a 1g preroll I got for free because it was my first time in. I paid $90 + a tip.

Didn't buy any bud but might go back next week. They've seriously got ounces for $60, 2oz of shake for $50.

Two years ago I was spending $60 a piece on 1g carts, probably like $16 for 100mg packs of gummies and $50 for 1/4oz packs of bud.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1788 on: January 11, 2023, 07:01:18 AM »
That's a steal! It's far more expensive here in Pennsylvania.
The streets await

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1789 on: January 11, 2023, 03:57:02 PM »
I say the above then I get an 1/8 Seven Hills Kush Mints 30 something THC for $13 after my 15% discount and $10 off. Works on my pain, so I'll be buying it again.

The streets await

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1790 on: January 12, 2023, 03:11:47 AM »
I say the above then I get an 1/8 Seven Hills Kush Mints 30 something THC for $13 after my 15% discount and $10 off. Works on my pain, so I'll be buying it again.

Heyyy another PA med patient! You'll be familiar with a lot of the stuff I post haha. 7 hills is decent, they grow in a natural light greenhouse with snowmelt water which makes them unique... Its the closest thing to outdoor grown bud we have here. They're owned by AYR who also own revel, kynd, and origyn, except thats all grown indoors in the same kinda setup most of the state uses. I hate their packaging but they have some good stuff if you get it fresh or use a hydro stone on it. If you ever see Bodhi Tree that's their version of Jack Herer and it's usually decent. If you prefer indicas then their Purple Chem is my favorite strain they do, I have some live resin sugar of it that's a total head punch and perfect for zonking out before bed.

Kush Mints is a great strain too. Maitri does a really good version too, they've dropped off pretty bad on other strains but their KM is still good. I think INSA also has a pretty well regarded version of it as well. If you like it I would recommend Garlic Cookies from Grassroots or FRX's gg4 as well. Those are great for inflammation and joint pain for me. GR regularly puts out grams of it if you just want to try it and see what it's like.

Do you vape/dab at all or just flower? If you ever have a strain you're curious about or a question about terps and stuff lemme know, I'd love to know what someone else thinks of the strains and products I like haha.

I am stoked about prices dropping like crazy but I'm less stoked that most growers seem to be focusing on growing more weed rather than better weed. Im a vet so I get 20% on almost everything everywhere and it's rare that I pay over $40 an 8th now. I buy a lot of Cresco, prime, and Strane flower but Strane is easily the best bang for the buck around here right now so they're kind of my go to at the moment. I paid like $36 for a quarter of Mac n Cheese from them and it was some of the best smelling and tasting bud I've had in a long time. Verano is another grower that's really been impressing me lately... Their motor breath is great and Sunshine OG is a heady, piney sativa that knocked my socks off.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1791 on: January 12, 2023, 04:44:01 AM »
Damn, you know your stuff, Assbutt Fartdick. I go between vapes and flower. Either one seems to not work after awhile.

I wasn't a huge fan of Motor Breath. It didn't seem to do much, but I could have also fucked up my tolerance too.

Honestly, thanks for all the suggestions and knowledge. I'll hit you up (here?) sometime to talk about different terpenes. Some help with pain more than others so I'm trying to get them figured out.
The streets await

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1792 on: January 12, 2023, 05:19:48 AM »
i have a pretty high tolerance by now i guess. i ate a bunch of supposedly highly dosed cookies around christmas and i didn't feel anything. i take little breaks from time to time, but i don't like it lol. i feel like changing strains around helps a lot with the feeling of not getting high. to me they all hit a little different. but i feel capped out in terms of thc tolerance. so some kind of detox is in order for me soon. it's just not too nice at this point in the year with constant rain and cold and being locked in. it sounds weird but for me it's easier to not smoke in the summer when i can physically exhaust myself.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1793 on: January 12, 2023, 05:49:49 AM »
Yeah man what works for me won't necessarily work for you and vice versa, but once you figure out what terps and genetics you like it makes it a lot less of a dart throw and you can start to kinda spot what's a good batch and what they fucked up without having to waste money.

There's a few different motor breaths out there now, the one that knocks me out is the grassroots one but it's not really what I'd call a "fun" strain. Cresco/floracal Mint face-off is kind of the same thing. I use them for sleep but they arent the kind of thing where Id smoke a j with my buddies. I have Gator Breath (motor breath x triangle kush) from strane right now and it has a little more pain relief and chill vibes from the triangle side but it's still got mostly MB effects on me.

The way I learned to identify the common terps you'll see here are by what the smell/taste reminded me of. So like

Myrcene - sweet mango
Pinene - pine
Limonene - strong herbal citrus
Terpinoline - light fruity citrus
Humulene - hops, earthy
Caryophyllene - black pepper, earth
Linalool - lavender

So basically you already know what all these things are, you just need to learn the language. I started by paying attention to what was highest in the strains I liked and how combinations of different terps made for different flavors, like the candy weed strains are usually high in Limonene and Caryophyllene or blueberry strains usually have lots of myrcene and Pinene.

Then I started paying attention to how the different strains affected me and kinda figured out what does what for me. Terpinoline and limonene give me energy, myrcene totally clears my head and relaxes me mentally, caryophyllene helps with pain, Humulene is good for sleep etc.

It takes a little while but it's not actually as complicated as it seems at first. Now I can sometimes kinda picture in my mind how a strain is going to smell/taste before I even open it. My fav combos are terpinoline, myrcene, and Caryophyllene for sativas and myrcene, limonene, and Pinene for indicas.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1794 on: January 19, 2023, 06:43:32 AM »
Was due to restock on daytime strains.

https://imgur.com/a/DGg39pf

Mac n Cheese obviously I've posted before. Delicious strain - I describe it as creamier version of golden goat or a creamier and less skunky jack with a little spice. Slightly sativa leaning high that comes on quick and sticks around for a while. They definitely beat it up (its auto trimmed and comes in mylar after all) but it's sticky enough that a lot of trich heads are intact under magnification. @LandonPrimo dunno if you like terpinoline heavy strains but if you do I would definitely snag this one. Can't beat 2-3% total terp, 22% thca quarters for $48.

Next up is a new one. Prime Wellness' version of Sour Blueberry is (Sour Diesel x Blue Dabney). The thc content is there but for a grower that's supposed to be one of our "premium" options I expect more than 1.3% terps. They do have one of the best cure/trim teams in the state but it's nitro packed so I usually find that it takes a day or two in glass to really develop the full taste, so I let it sit overnight and rolled a j this morning.

Taste is mostly sour d with a piney finish, just a tiny trace of sweetness that might be blueberry but it's so faint I can't tell. Effects are very reminiscent of sour D but with less anxiety. Sour D is one of the strains that can send me straight into skin crawling anxiety, so thats a plus. The end result is almost purely cerebral, with a little burst of energy and no real body effects for me. After an hour or so I was just totally spaced out and brain dead to the point where I lost my phone in my bed 3 times in a ten minute span and felt like I was actually losing my mind. I actually had to bring myself down with some blueberry muffin dabs because it's a rainy day and I was getting really restless but was too braindead to think of anything to do except go skate around.

There's another pheno of this that's supposed to take after the blue side much more, I think I would maybe like that one a lot more. This isn't bad but I'm just very sensitive to sour D and don't find it super enjoyable. However, if you like Sour D, this is a very potent and slightly different take on it that you will probably love.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1795 on: January 19, 2023, 12:11:49 PM »

Haven’t had anything worth posting in a bit. Highly recommend this Herb N’ Durban strain it is hard to explain but just look at that glamour shot and you’ll know what you’re in for.

Also got Chocolate Vandal and it was sweet and spicy like chocolate Thai and again recommend if you see it. It was on the mid tier of the B Real Dr. Greenthumb company scale so I would be curious to see what the top is like! The club had a small description “for experienced users only” i can’t think of a better label to see

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1796 on: January 21, 2023, 07:05:41 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

I think sour diesel is the only weed I have ever really smoked. We used to buy in Washington Heights around noon in the 90s and then go skating around the city.

They used to sell jars for $20. Sometimes you got over a gram, sometimes under.

I love the energy of a hybrid. I just want to grab my board and go. I don’t smoke enough to switch up my game. I’m not trying to relax. One day I’ll try indica straight but it really doesn’t have an appeal.

I used to also pretty much avoid indicas, but for chilling out after work or watching a movie after dinner or really any type of "lazy" or relaxing activity they can really enhance the experience for me. I would definitely suggest at least a brief dalliance with Dj Short's blueberry or an Afghani landrace if you ever come across them. Those tend to be to be more of a happy and gentle, lulling kind of sedating rather than the straight knockout punch and heavy head high that you get with some of the OGs and modern gassy indicas.

Sour D reminds me of the come up on an acid trip if I smoke too much. I get that same kind of anxiety and weird feeling in the back of my throat like I perpetually have to yawn. If I'm in the right mood or get a cut that I get along with then I usually enjoy it, but I don't think it'll ever be a daily driver for me.

Got some good news today and there's a 40% of sale at the closest dispo. Might run down after work and snag some black afghan and member berry.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1797 on: January 23, 2023, 06:48:38 PM »
Re-upped on some meds.

More kaliburst for lazy mornings - that one tastes like a very rich jack herer cut but is much more of a hybrid in effect. Loads of terps.. a real pleasure to smoke honestly.

Bday cake (gsc x cherry pie) - I get a gram of this from time to time. Its just a better version of gsc in my opinion. Very relaxing and happy.

Black Afghan (black domina x afghani landrace) - they werent kidding about it being smalls this time.. Whatever it all looks the same once it gets ground up. One of the only true to form Afghani strains we have here and always a great evening smoke.

Member berry (skunkberry x mandarin sunset) - this shit is so tasty and the high is great. One of the few modern genetics that I really dig. Strong mixed berry or artificial raspberry smell mixed with a little bit of earthiness and the high is super happy. This is what I consider good dessert weed - I smoke a bowl after I eat and then lay back and watch TV til bedtime.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1798 on: January 24, 2023, 05:06:05 AM »
Live bubble hash - this is on sale for $13/g right now and my dad always used to talk about how there's no good hash around anymore (which was true at the time) so I want to see what he thinks about full melt IWH. This is made by flash freezing the flower after harvest, then mixing it with ice water and agitating which causes the trichomes to stiffen up and get washed off the plant material. The mixture is then repeatedly sieved through a series of increasingly tightly woven screens to filter the plant material from the trichome heads. The end result is basically pure trichs and melts when a flame gets within an inch or two.

After seeing the terps I decided to keep the grape essence for myself. Really like it, nice light grape taste and a chilled out middle of the road hybrid. Not exactly mood elevating, but extremely relaxing and a welcome relief when you're home sick with GI issues.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1799 on: January 24, 2023, 07:49:20 PM »
Nice.

Look what I got…It’s 1:1 THC/CBD.

Definitely report back, I'm curious to see how it affects you. My local place just started carrying a 1:1 THC:CBN tincture and it caught my eye for helping me fall asleep.

One of my buddies told me he takes some kind of fancy "nano emulsion" capsule that makes it absorb more efficiently and loves it. I looked them up and they're 25mg which seems kind of weak to me, but I really don't know all that much about oral dosing and bioavailability so maybe it's actually pretty potent with a more effective delivery method.