Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 162752 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • Bobby
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1800 on: January 07, 2023, 01:57:41 PM »
I've tried tinctures before and they didn't have much of an effect on me. Tried different dosages as well. Any suggestions for good brands?

I’ll let you know because I would really like to travel with a liquid because I believe the bust factor would be zero.

The best shop I have been to in So Cal carries the following brands:

https://peoplescali.com/shop-oc/cannabis-tinctures/

Looks like you have to look for a 1:1 THC to CBD.

Maybe you bought a CBD heavy formula?

landedprimo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1801 on: January 07, 2023, 02:19:44 PM »

The one I got was a spray tincture. No mention of CBD, but the original packaging is gone.

I can't have much CBD due to it interacting with one of my meds and raises my BP.

I'll try another soon. How long does it normally take for it to start working.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Bobby
« Reply #1802 on: January 07, 2023, 03:15:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The one I got was a spray tincture. No mention of CBD, but the original packaging is gone.

I can't have much CBD due to it interacting with one of my meds and raises my BP.

I'll try another soon. How long does it normally take for it to start working.

I really don’t know. I’m doing research. I was just showing what brands are stocked at a major retailer.

I’ll post here if I decide to test one. Reading the reviews everyone tries to be so sophisticated. I need to find an actual review from someone that doesn’t give a fuck about ‘relaxation’ or a ‘creative burst’. Just tell me if you are high as fuck or not, gaw.

DaveFuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #1803 on: January 07, 2023, 05:59:08 PM »
That NJ medical pack be hittin I tell you what
What's bigger the Jeremy Wray roof gap or the Dan Corrigan tooth gap

JB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1804 on: January 11, 2023, 06:20:23 AM »
Weed in Michigan is stupid cheap now. I just hit a new shop yesterday and walked out with 3 200mg packs of gummies, 5 1g carts, and a 1g preroll I got for free because it was my first time in. I paid $90 + a tip.

Didn't buy any bud but might go back next week. They've seriously got ounces for $60, 2oz of shake for $50.

Two years ago I was spending $60 a piece on 1g carts, probably like $16 for 100mg packs of gummies and $50 for 1/4oz packs of bud.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1805 on: January 11, 2023, 07:01:18 AM »
That's a steal! It's far more expensive here in Pennsylvania.
The streets await

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1806 on: January 11, 2023, 03:57:02 PM »
I say the above then I get an 1/8 Seven Hills Kush Mints 30 something THC for $13 after my 15% discount and $10 off. Works on my pain, so I'll be buying it again.

The streets await

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
« Reply #1807 on: January 12, 2023, 03:11:47 AM »
I say the above then I get an 1/8 Seven Hills Kush Mints 30 something THC for $13 after my 15% discount and $10 off. Works on my pain, so I'll be buying it again.

Heyyy another PA med patient! You'll be familiar with a lot of the stuff I post haha. 7 hills is decent, they grow in a natural light greenhouse with snowmelt water which makes them unique... Its the closest thing to outdoor grown bud we have here. They're owned by AYR who also own revel, kynd, and origyn, except thats all grown indoors in the same kinda setup most of the state uses. I hate their packaging but they have some good stuff if you get it fresh or use a hydro stone on it. If you ever see Bodhi Tree that's their version of Jack Herer and it's usually decent. If you prefer indicas then their Purple Chem is my favorite strain they do, I have some live resin sugar of it that's a total head punch and perfect for zonking out before bed.

Kush Mints is a great strain too. Maitri does a really good version too, they've dropped off pretty bad on other strains but their KM is still good. I think INSA also has a pretty well regarded version of it as well. If you like it I would recommend Garlic Cookies from Grassroots or FRX's gg4 as well. Those are great for inflammation and joint pain for me. GR regularly puts out grams of it if you just want to try it and see what it's like.

Do you vape/dab at all or just flower? If you ever have a strain you're curious about or a question about terps and stuff lemme know, I'd love to know what someone else thinks of the strains and products I like haha.

I am stoked about prices dropping like crazy but I'm less stoked that most growers seem to be focusing on growing more weed rather than better weed. Im a vet so I get 20% on almost everything everywhere and it's rare that I pay over $40 an 8th now. I buy a lot of Cresco, prime, and Strane flower but Strane is easily the best bang for the buck around here right now so they're kind of my go to at the moment. I paid like $36 for a quarter of Mac n Cheese from them and it was some of the best smelling and tasting bud I've had in a long time. Verano is another grower that's really been impressing me lately... Their motor breath is great and Sunshine OG is a heady, piney sativa that knocked my socks off.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1808 on: January 12, 2023, 04:44:01 AM »
Damn, you know your stuff, Assbutt Fartdick. I go between vapes and flower. Either one seems to not work after awhile.

I wasn't a huge fan of Motor Breath. It didn't seem to do much, but I could have also fucked up my tolerance too.

Honestly, thanks for all the suggestions and knowledge. I'll hit you up (here?) sometime to talk about different terpenes. Some help with pain more than others so I'm trying to get them figured out.
The streets await

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1809 on: January 12, 2023, 05:19:48 AM »
i have a pretty high tolerance by now i guess. i ate a bunch of supposedly highly dosed cookies around christmas and i didn't feel anything. i take little breaks from time to time, but i don't like it lol. i feel like changing strains around helps a lot with the feeling of not getting high. to me they all hit a little different. but i feel capped out in terms of thc tolerance. so some kind of detox is in order for me soon. it's just not too nice at this point in the year with constant rain and cold and being locked in. it sounds weird but for me it's easier to not smoke in the summer when i can physically exhaust myself.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1810 on: January 12, 2023, 05:49:49 AM »
Yeah man what works for me won't necessarily work for you and vice versa, but once you figure out what terps and genetics you like it makes it a lot less of a dart throw and you can start to kinda spot what's a good batch and what they fucked up without having to waste money.

There's a few different motor breaths out there now, the one that knocks me out is the grassroots one but it's not really what I'd call a "fun" strain. Cresco/floracal Mint face-off is kind of the same thing. I use them for sleep but they arent the kind of thing where Id smoke a j with my buddies. I have Gator Breath (motor breath x triangle kush) from strane right now and it has a little more pain relief and chill vibes from the triangle side but it's still got mostly MB effects on me.

The way I learned to identify the common terps you'll see here are by what the smell/taste reminded me of. So like

Myrcene - sweet mango
Pinene - pine
Limonene - strong herbal citrus
Terpinoline - light fruity citrus
Humulene - hops, earthy
Caryophyllene - black pepper, earth
Linalool - lavender

So basically you already know what all these things are, you just need to learn the language. I started by paying attention to what was highest in the strains I liked and how combinations of different terps made for different flavors, like the candy weed strains are usually high in Limonene and Caryophyllene or blueberry strains usually have lots of myrcene and Pinene.

Then I started paying attention to how the different strains affected me and kinda figured out what does what for me. Terpinoline and limonene give me energy, myrcene totally clears my head and relaxes me mentally, caryophyllene helps with pain, Humulene is good for sleep etc.

It takes a little while but it's not actually as complicated as it seems at first. Now I can sometimes kinda picture in my mind how a strain is going to smell/taste before I even open it. My fav combos are terpinoline, myrcene, and Caryophyllene for sativas and myrcene, limonene, and Pinene for indicas.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1811 on: January 19, 2023, 06:43:32 AM »
Was due to restock on daytime strains.

https://imgur.com/a/DGg39pf

Mac n Cheese obviously I've posted before. Delicious strain - I describe it as creamier version of golden goat or a creamier and less skunky jack with a little spice. Slightly sativa leaning high that comes on quick and sticks around for a while. They definitely beat it up (its auto trimmed and comes in mylar after all) but it's sticky enough that a lot of trich heads are intact under magnification. @LandonPrimo dunno if you like terpinoline heavy strains but if you do I would definitely snag this one. Can't beat 2-3% total terp, 22% thca quarters for $48.

Next up is a new one. Prime Wellness' version of Sour Blueberry is (Sour Diesel x Blue Dabney). The thc content is there but for a grower that's supposed to be one of our "premium" options I expect more than 1.3% terps. They do have one of the best cure/trim teams in the state but it's nitro packed so I usually find that it takes a day or two in glass to really develop the full taste, so I let it sit overnight and rolled a j this morning.

Taste is mostly sour d with a piney finish, just a tiny trace of sweetness that might be blueberry but it's so faint I can't tell. Effects are very reminiscent of sour D but with less anxiety. Sour D is one of the strains that can send me straight into skin crawling anxiety, so thats a plus. The end result is almost purely cerebral, with a little burst of energy and no real body effects for me. After an hour or so I was just totally spaced out and brain dead to the point where I lost my phone in my bed 3 times in a ten minute span and felt like I was actually losing my mind. I actually had to bring myself down with some blueberry muffin dabs because it's a rainy day and I was getting really restless but was too braindead to think of anything to do except go skate around.

There's another pheno of this that's supposed to take after the blue side much more, I think I would maybe like that one a lot more. This isn't bad but I'm just very sensitive to sour D and don't find it super enjoyable. However, if you like Sour D, this is a very potent and slightly different take on it that you will probably love.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Bobby
« Reply #1812 on: January 19, 2023, 09:01:10 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

I think sour diesel is the only weed I have ever really smoked. We used to buy in Washington Heights around noon in the 90s and then go skating around the city.

They used to sell jars for $20. Sometimes you got over a gram, sometimes under.

I love the energy of a hybrid. I just want to grab my board and go. I don’t smoke enough to switch up my game. I’m not trying to relax. One day I’ll try indica straight but it really doesn’t have an appeal.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1813 on: January 19, 2023, 12:11:49 PM »

Haven’t had anything worth posting in a bit. Highly recommend this Herb N’ Durban strain it is hard to explain but just look at that glamour shot and you’ll know what you’re in for.

Also got Chocolate Vandal and it was sweet and spicy like chocolate Thai and again recommend if you see it. It was on the mid tier of the B Real Dr. Greenthumb company scale so I would be curious to see what the top is like! The club had a small description “for experienced users only” i can’t think of a better label to see

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1814 on: January 21, 2023, 07:05:41 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

I think sour diesel is the only weed I have ever really smoked. We used to buy in Washington Heights around noon in the 90s and then go skating around the city.

They used to sell jars for $20. Sometimes you got over a gram, sometimes under.

I love the energy of a hybrid. I just want to grab my board and go. I don’t smoke enough to switch up my game. I’m not trying to relax. One day I’ll try indica straight but it really doesn’t have an appeal.

I used to also pretty much avoid indicas, but for chilling out after work or watching a movie after dinner or really any type of "lazy" or relaxing activity they can really enhance the experience for me. I would definitely suggest at least a brief dalliance with Dj Short's blueberry or an Afghani landrace if you ever come across them. Those tend to be to be more of a happy and gentle, lulling kind of sedating rather than the straight knockout punch and heavy head high that you get with some of the OGs and modern gassy indicas.

Sour D reminds me of the come up on an acid trip if I smoke too much. I get that same kind of anxiety and weird feeling in the back of my throat like I perpetually have to yawn. If I'm in the right mood or get a cut that I get along with then I usually enjoy it, but I don't think it'll ever be a daily driver for me.

Got some good news today and there's a 40% of sale at the closest dispo. Might run down after work and snag some black afghan and member berry.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1815 on: January 23, 2023, 06:48:38 PM »
Re-upped on some meds.

More kaliburst for lazy mornings - that one tastes like a very rich jack herer cut but is much more of a hybrid in effect. Loads of terps.. a real pleasure to smoke honestly.

Bday cake (gsc x cherry pie) - I get a gram of this from time to time. Its just a better version of gsc in my opinion. Very relaxing and happy.

Black Afghan (black domina x afghani landrace) - they werent kidding about it being smalls this time.. Whatever it all looks the same once it gets ground up. One of the only true to form Afghani strains we have here and always a great evening smoke.

Member berry (skunkberry x mandarin sunset) - this shit is so tasty and the high is great. One of the few modern genetics that I really dig. Strong mixed berry or artificial raspberry smell mixed with a little bit of earthiness and the high is super happy. This is what I consider good dessert weed - I smoke a bowl after I eat and then lay back and watch TV til bedtime.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1816 on: January 24, 2023, 05:06:05 AM »
Live bubble hash - this is on sale for $13/g right now and my dad always used to talk about how there's no good hash around anymore (which was true at the time) so I want to see what he thinks about full melt IWH. This is made by flash freezing the flower after harvest, then mixing it with ice water and agitating which causes the trichomes to stiffen up and get washed off the plant material. The mixture is then repeatedly sieved through a series of increasingly tightly woven screens to filter the plant material from the trichome heads. The end result is basically pure trichs and melts when a flame gets within an inch or two.

After seeing the terps I decided to keep the grape essence for myself. Really like it, nice light grape taste and a chilled out middle of the road hybrid. Not exactly mood elevating, but extremely relaxing and a welcome relief when you're home sick with GI issues.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Bobby
« Reply #1817 on: January 24, 2023, 06:09:59 PM »
Nice.

Look what I got…It’s 1:1 THC/CBD.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1818 on: January 24, 2023, 07:49:20 PM »
Nice.

Look what I got…It’s 1:1 THC/CBD.

Definitely report back, I'm curious to see how it affects you. My local place just started carrying a 1:1 THC:CBN tincture and it caught my eye for helping me fall asleep.

One of my buddies told me he takes some kind of fancy "nano emulsion" capsule that makes it absorb more efficiently and loves it. I looked them up and they're 25mg which seems kind of weak to me, but I really don't know all that much about oral dosing and bioavailability so maybe it's actually pretty potent with a more effective delivery method.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #1819 on: January 26, 2023, 02:10:08 PM »
PALS my brother who lives in Denver can ship me weed but I’ve been burned by dispensaries before in Portland so I want to get bang for my buck. He’s close to the Green Solution and Xclusive Cannabis but lived close to downtown Denver so if anyone knows a good one he could maybe go. I don’t want to fall for the high thc % but would 26% be a good percentage? What’s a really potent strain? Any potent strains for cheap price? I want to get an Oz under 100 if possible or a half.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1820 on: January 26, 2023, 07:35:42 PM »
PALS my brother who lives in Denver can ship me weed but I’ve been burned by dispensaries before in Portland so I want to get bang for my buck. He’s close to the Green Solution and Xclusive Cannabis but lived close to downtown Denver so if anyone knows a good one he could maybe go. I don’t want to fall for the high thc % but would 26% be a good percentage? What’s a really potent strain? Any potent strains for cheap price? I want to get an Oz under 100 if possible or a half.

How often do you smoke?

26% thc would be a fairly potent flower. I'd say around 20 is average for high grade bud, but obviously there's more to a good experience than thc levels. I'm smoking a black Afghani right now that's around 18% but rocks my cock every time. Terpene and other cannabanoids play a big role in modulating how that thc works, usually referred to as the entourage effect.

If you want like a safe bet I'd go for something in the OG kush family. Those tend to work well for most people, but there's also tons of high powered candy/dessert strains available if that's more your thing.... Grape cake and member berry have been my favorite modern style strains recently.

Honestly though, I wouldn't necessarily expect average CO dispensary bud to be significantly better than Portland dispensary bud, especially if you're budget shopping from a distance. The best way to gauge quality is with your nose so without smelling it or seeing a terp analysis it's really hard to say one thing is better than another, and really it's all subjective anyways.

Dante Bichette

• Rep: -51
« Reply #1821 on: January 31, 2023, 08:42:13 AM »
Tried out a new strain ‘Purple Punch V’ I haven’t smoked an indica dominant strain from a dispo in a while and forgot how much these put me to sleep.

https://ibb.co/68zhZQN
YO FUCK YOU PETEY

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1822 on: January 31, 2023, 09:05:17 AM »
Came up on a $40 oz of “Miracle Cookies”, maybe not the freshest but still a steal.  Pretty even split hybrid feeling, which is nice for holing up in the basement and playing guitar, which is basically all I’ve done this winter.

Also wanted an Indica for sleeping/chilling, so I hit up the dispensary and bought a “Big Bag O Buds - Pink Cookies”.  $125/oz.  Smells and hits pretty strong, though not quite as tasty as the name might imply.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1823 on: Today at 11:45:17 AM »
Came up on a $40 oz of “Miracle Cookies”, maybe not the freshest but still a steal.  Pretty even split hybrid feeling, which is nice for holing up in the basement and playing guitar, which is basically all I’ve done this winter.

Also wanted an Indica for sleeping/chilling, so I hit up the dispensary and bought a “Big Bag O Buds - Pink Cookies”.  $125/oz.  Smells and hits pretty strong, though not quite as tasty as the name might imply.

Pink cookies is another name/pheno for bday cake and wedding cake. It's all gsc x cherry pie and when it's done well its really good (I just got a couple grams of a decent batch) as an after dinner smoke but it's not necessarily a knockout punch type indica for me. More of a chill and drift off eventually kinda effect. I will say that the only time I got it labeled as Pink Cookies it was pretty bad but that was from a meh grower who puts out a lot of garbage.

I'm assuming miracle cookies is just another name for MAC/MAC1, which is a really solid hybrid. Some phenos are really tasty, we get one that I really like here and it's also responsible for a lot of the flavor of MAC n Cheese which is one of my fav smokes right now. I like it for mornings as long as I don't have too much to do, it's definitely got a nice little cerebral/creative boost to it that makes for a nice wake n bake. You really can't beat that price either....if it's dry you can grab humidity packs or a hydrostone at any headshop and as long as it's in a glass or ceramic jar those will bring it back to life a bit even if it's old. I have stuff that I opened 6 months ago and it's still pretty fresh and smoke able, you just have to remember to add water every few weeks or so.

Tried out a new strain ‘Purple Punch V’ I haven’t smoked an indica dominant strain from a dispo in a while and forgot how much these put me to sleep.

Was this from Gleaf by chance? I've seen theirs labeled with the V before which I assumed was the pheno #. If so I think it's the same genetics we get here and I really liked it the two times I had it. I haven't seen it in a long time though sadly. I do love that classic "purple" sedation you get with the strains in that family. Lots of Afghani influence.

Tried a new one called "funky charms" (grease monkey x rainbow chip)... Not sure why but all of a sudden grease monkey and GM crosses are everywhere in PA. It's so sudden and prevalent that I legit wonder if the breeder is isn't paying people to grow it. It's basically replacing gg4 in some companies but I have yet to find a good one despite the fact that it's theoretically up my alley. This one tastes/smells like absolutely nothing (which is amazing considering both the gg4 and c&c parents have very distinctive tastes) and has a generic indica dom high that gets the job done but isn't very exciting. The only thing it reminds me of is generic hydro mids from the early 00s.

Dante Bichette

• Rep: -51
« Reply #1824 on: Today at 03:13:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pink cookies is another name/pheno for bday cake and wedding cake. It's all gsc x cherry pie and when it's done well its really good (I just got a couple grams of a decent batch) as an after dinner smoke but it's not necessarily a knockout punch type indica for me. More of a chill and drift off eventually kinda effect. I will say that the only time I got it labeled as Pink Cookies it was pretty bad but that was from a meh grower who puts out a lot of garbage.

I'm assuming miracle cookies is just another name for MAC/MAC1, which is a really solid hybrid. Some phenos are really tasty, we get one that I really like here and it's also responsible for a lot of the flavor of MAC n Cheese which is one of my fav smokes right now. I like it for mornings as long as I don't have too much to do, it's definitely got a nice little cerebral/creative boost to it that makes for a nice wake n bake. You really can't beat that price either....if it's dry you can grab humidity packs or a hydrostone at any headshop and as long as it's in a glass or ceramic jar those will bring it back to life a bit even if it's old. I have stuff that I opened 6 months ago and it's still pretty fresh and smoke able, you just have to remember to add water every few weeks or so.

Expand Quote

[close]

Was this from Gleaf by chance? I've seen theirs labeled with the V before which I assumed was the pheno #. If so I think it's the same genetics we get here and I really liked it the two times I had it. I haven't seen it in a long time though sadly. I do love that classic "purple" sedation you get with the strains in that family. Lots of Afghani influence.

Tried a new one called "funky charms" (grease monkey x rainbow chip)... Not sure why but all of a sudden grease monkey and GM crosses are everywhere in PA. It's so sudden and prevalent that I legit wonder if the breeder is isn't paying people to grow it. It's basically replacing gg4 in some companies but I have yet to find a good one despite the fact that it's theoretically up my alley. This one tastes/smells like absolutely nothing (which is amazing considering both the gg4 and c&c parents have very distinctive tastes) and has a generic indica dom high that gets the job done but isn't very exciting. The only thing it reminds me of is generic hydro mids from the early 00s.

Yeah gLeaf is the only commercial dispensary that isn't at least an hour away. The Purple Punch was higher quality then usual which is surprising since it was on sale for $29/8th. Kinda over the prices here and am just waiting to move into a house instead of an apartment so I can grow my own plants.
YO FUCK YOU PETEY