Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180883 times)

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1800 on: January 26, 2023, 02:10:08 PM »
PALS my brother who lives in Denver can ship me weed but I’ve been burned by dispensaries before in Portland so I want to get bang for my buck. He’s close to the Green Solution and Xclusive Cannabis but lived close to downtown Denver so if anyone knows a good one he could maybe go. I don’t want to fall for the high thc % but would 26% be a good percentage? What’s a really potent strain? Any potent strains for cheap price? I want to get an Oz under 100 if possible or a half.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #1801 on: January 26, 2023, 07:35:42 PM »
PALS my brother who lives in Denver can ship me weed but I’ve been burned by dispensaries before in Portland so I want to get bang for my buck. He’s close to the Green Solution and Xclusive Cannabis but lived close to downtown Denver so if anyone knows a good one he could maybe go. I don’t want to fall for the high thc % but would 26% be a good percentage? What’s a really potent strain? Any potent strains for cheap price? I want to get an Oz under 100 if possible or a half.

How often do you smoke?

26% thc would be a fairly potent flower. I'd say around 20 is average for high grade bud, but obviously there's more to a good experience than thc levels. I'm smoking a black Afghani right now that's around 18% but rocks my cock every time. Terpene and other cannabanoids play a big role in modulating how that thc works, usually referred to as the entourage effect.

If you want like a safe bet I'd go for something in the OG kush family. Those tend to work well for most people, but there's also tons of high powered candy/dessert strains available if that's more your thing.... Grape cake and member berry have been my favorite modern style strains recently.

Honestly though, I wouldn't necessarily expect average CO dispensary bud to be significantly better than Portland dispensary bud, especially if you're budget shopping from a distance. The best way to gauge quality is with your nose so without smelling it or seeing a terp analysis it's really hard to say one thing is better than another, and really it's all subjective anyways.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1802 on: January 31, 2023, 08:42:13 AM »
Tried out a new strain ‘Purple Punch V’ I haven’t smoked an indica dominant strain from a dispo in a while and forgot how much these put me to sleep.

https://ibb.co/68zhZQN
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1803 on: January 31, 2023, 09:05:17 AM »
Came up on a $40 oz of “Miracle Cookies”, maybe not the freshest but still a steal.  Pretty even split hybrid feeling, which is nice for holing up in the basement and playing guitar, which is basically all I’ve done this winter.

Also wanted an Indica for sleeping/chilling, so I hit up the dispensary and bought a “Big Bag O Buds - Pink Cookies”.  $125/oz.  Smells and hits pretty strong, though not quite as tasty as the name might imply.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1804 on: February 01, 2023, 11:45:17 AM »
Came up on a $40 oz of “Miracle Cookies”, maybe not the freshest but still a steal.  Pretty even split hybrid feeling, which is nice for holing up in the basement and playing guitar, which is basically all I’ve done this winter.

Also wanted an Indica for sleeping/chilling, so I hit up the dispensary and bought a “Big Bag O Buds - Pink Cookies”.  $125/oz.  Smells and hits pretty strong, though not quite as tasty as the name might imply.

Pink cookies is another name/pheno for bday cake and wedding cake. It's all gsc x cherry pie and when it's done well its really good (I just got a couple grams of a decent batch) as an after dinner smoke but it's not necessarily a knockout punch type indica for me. More of a chill and drift off eventually kinda effect. I will say that the only time I got it labeled as Pink Cookies it was pretty bad but that was from a meh grower who puts out a lot of garbage.

I'm assuming miracle cookies is just another name for MAC/MAC1, which is a really solid hybrid. Some phenos are really tasty, we get one that I really like here and it's also responsible for a lot of the flavor of MAC n Cheese which is one of my fav smokes right now. I like it for mornings as long as I don't have too much to do, it's definitely got a nice little cerebral/creative boost to it that makes for a nice wake n bake. You really can't beat that price either....if it's dry you can grab humidity packs or a hydrostone at any headshop and as long as it's in a glass or ceramic jar those will bring it back to life a bit even if it's old. I have stuff that I opened 6 months ago and it's still pretty fresh and smoke able, you just have to remember to add water every few weeks or so.

Tried out a new strain ‘Purple Punch V’ I haven’t smoked an indica dominant strain from a dispo in a while and forgot how much these put me to sleep.

Was this from Gleaf by chance? I've seen theirs labeled with the V before which I assumed was the pheno #. If so I think it's the same genetics we get here and I really liked it the two times I had it. I haven't seen it in a long time though sadly. I do love that classic "purple" sedation you get with the strains in that family. Lots of Afghani influence.

Tried a new one called "funky charms" (grease monkey x rainbow chip)... Not sure why but all of a sudden grease monkey and GM crosses are everywhere in PA. It's so sudden and prevalent that I legit wonder if the breeder is isn't paying people to grow it. It's basically replacing gg4 in some companies but I have yet to find a good one despite the fact that it's theoretically up my alley. This one tastes/smells like absolutely nothing (which is amazing considering both the gg4 and c&c parents have very distinctive tastes) and has a generic indica dom high that gets the job done but isn't very exciting. The only thing it reminds me of is generic hydro mids from the early 00s.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1805 on: February 01, 2023, 03:13:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pink cookies is another name/pheno for bday cake and wedding cake. It's all gsc x cherry pie and when it's done well its really good (I just got a couple grams of a decent batch) as an after dinner smoke but it's not necessarily a knockout punch type indica for me. More of a chill and drift off eventually kinda effect. I will say that the only time I got it labeled as Pink Cookies it was pretty bad but that was from a meh grower who puts out a lot of garbage.

I'm assuming miracle cookies is just another name for MAC/MAC1, which is a really solid hybrid. Some phenos are really tasty, we get one that I really like here and it's also responsible for a lot of the flavor of MAC n Cheese which is one of my fav smokes right now. I like it for mornings as long as I don't have too much to do, it's definitely got a nice little cerebral/creative boost to it that makes for a nice wake n bake. You really can't beat that price either....if it's dry you can grab humidity packs or a hydrostone at any headshop and as long as it's in a glass or ceramic jar those will bring it back to life a bit even if it's old. I have stuff that I opened 6 months ago and it's still pretty fresh and smoke able, you just have to remember to add water every few weeks or so.

Expand Quote

[close]

Was this from Gleaf by chance? I've seen theirs labeled with the V before which I assumed was the pheno #. If so I think it's the same genetics we get here and I really liked it the two times I had it. I haven't seen it in a long time though sadly. I do love that classic "purple" sedation you get with the strains in that family. Lots of Afghani influence.

Tried a new one called "funky charms" (grease monkey x rainbow chip)... Not sure why but all of a sudden grease monkey and GM crosses are everywhere in PA. It's so sudden and prevalent that I legit wonder if the breeder is isn't paying people to grow it. It's basically replacing gg4 in some companies but I have yet to find a good one despite the fact that it's theoretically up my alley. This one tastes/smells like absolutely nothing (which is amazing considering both the gg4 and c&c parents have very distinctive tastes) and has a generic indica dom high that gets the job done but isn't very exciting. The only thing it reminds me of is generic hydro mids from the early 00s.

Yeah gLeaf is the only commercial dispensary that isn't at least an hour away. The Purple Punch was higher quality then usual which is surprising since it was on sale for $29/8th. Kinda over the prices here and am just waiting to move into a house instead of an apartment so I can grow my own plants.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1806 on: February 08, 2023, 05:53:42 AM »

Yeah gLeaf is the only commercial dispensary that isn't at least an hour away. The Purple Punch was higher quality then usual which is surprising since it was on sale for $29/8th. Kinda over the prices here and am just waiting to move into a house instead of an apartment so I can grow my own plants.

Word. Up here they're known for being a total lottery ticket. They sometimes have top notch shit that rivals our best premium growers, and then a week later they'll put out a batch of something that looks like a 15 year old kid grew it in his closet. They also used to have these gaudy THC numbers that were almost certainly bullshit... I remember seeing Magic Johnson (a Durban poison cross) at like 35% and they had multiple other strains they claimed were around or occasionally over 40% thca, which would be amongst the strongest bud ever grown if true. Sadly it was never actually that good and usually lacked terps to boot. The last year or so they seem to have stopped doing that and now they'll have stuff that doesn't look great on the label, but is actually pretty nice flower. I'm not sure how much of their genetics they share between states, but if you ever see Suckles, Django, or Magic Johnson those are my favorite gleaf strains.

@GardenSkater77 I've actually been experimenting with capsules and I have to say I definitely prefer them to tinctures. They're way more consistent and seem to hit harder as well. The one I'm using is 1:1 THC:CBN 2.5mg and 5mg is enough to sit me down, 10 is like a mini trip followed by a deep sleep for a few hours. I'm not really having any anxiety with it either, I'm not sure if it's the CBN or what but I'm extremely chill even when things are getting a little intense which is nice since that's been an issue with some edibles in the past. Its been exciting and enlightening enough that I'm thinking of getting some RSO from one of my indica faves like motor breath or alien rift and some isolated CBN pills and seeing if it has a similar sedative effect to what I get from smoking.

Decided for this week's sativa I'd go with a classic... Cinderella 99. Even though this grower/dispensary (trulieve) is the Walmart of weed, they have some hidden gems. This is one of the best cindy cuts I've found and one of the closest to the original concept of taking all the great flavor and effects of Jack and making it shorter and fatter so it was easier to grow in closets and attics. It's probably almost more accurate to call the original Cindy a pheno of Jack, and this particular version is very true to that...a 21% thca, terpinoline/myrcene/ocimene terp profile skunky and fruity sativa. Super pleasant morning smoke, hits all the right buttons in all the right ways and gets my brain and body moving.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1807 on: February 08, 2023, 12:43:24 PM »
Yeah dude, laying in bed physically immobilized and very happy with it is how I try to spend like half of my evenings haha. When you get it just right you can throw on music or your entertainment of choice and vibe out. Lately I'll pop a couple of these capsules a few hours before bedtime and then hit my vape on and off while it kicks in and it's been getting me to that zen state.

With tinctures I had trouble dialing it in, sometimes a few drops would get me good and sometimes I'd slurp a quarter of the bottle down and not really feel it. Food seemed to really affect it, like if I took it with a big fatty meal like a cheeseburger it would hit me fast but on an empty stomach it would take a while. With the caps it's been pretty consistent, they start to hit in about 20 mins and by an hour they're pretty much in full effect. With the potency and consistency a $20 bottle lasts a surprisingly long time as well.

I picked up a gram of banana punch (Banana OG x purple punch) a while ago that isn't even worth taking a Pic of since it's pea sized smalls clipped off bigger buds, but I got around to trying it today and it's actually pretty good.

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #1808 on: February 09, 2023, 05:24:19 AM »

Last bit of zkittles before I re up, going to grab some grape ape from my boy later. The zkittles is smoking way cleaner than zkittles I’ve had in the past. I still am not convinced by these sweet strains, need some cheese fr

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1809 on: February 09, 2023, 06:26:44 AM »

Last bit of zkittles before I re up, going to grab some grape ape from my boy later. The zkittles is smoking way cleaner than zkittles I’ve had in the past. I still am not convinced by these sweet strains, need some cheese fr

Haha the candy weed fatigue is real man. After a while they all kinda taste the same. I will say that I had some purple zkittlez sugar that was really good, but the few times I've tried various zkittlez flowers it's been mediocre candy weed.

I just got promoted and I want to celebrate but there's nothing I really want in the dispensaries near me haha. I might go grab some blueberry space cake sugar later if I'm bored, but it's a pretty shit batch. I did see that pineapple express (Hawaiian x trainwreck) was back in the flower section, so I'm probably gonna grab that if I go but I'm pretty well stocked up so unless they have something better in the blueberry vein I might just wait.

Badman I saw a very European cross that made me think of this thread.. Stardawg x Northern Lights #5. If they still have it next time I go ill grab a gram. I've had it a few times before and it's a really nice hybrid.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1810 on: February 09, 2023, 06:56:43 AM »
Badman I saw a very European cross that made me think of this thread.. Stardawg x Northern Lights #5. If they still have it next time I go ill grab a gram. I've had it a few times before and it's a really nice hybrid.
That sounds like my dream strain haha, I love the heavy mong from stardawg and I feel like the flavours would mesh proper nice, northern lights is one my all time favourite strains and we barely get it round here these days. It used to be we only got stardawg and haze, now it’s always some new sweet strain that tastes barely different from the last. Glad the hash market is still booming

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1811 on: February 10, 2023, 02:16:02 AM »
I'll have to go back and check labels but I think this is the new THC record for me. I had a cut of Han Solo Burger x Northfire cookies that was around 37-38% too but I think it was lower.

This is called "Outlaw" but I don't think it's (amnesia x super haze), I think it's probably just Floracal/Cresco's name for some strain that runs afoul of PA's weird ban on controversial names/names that would "appeal to kids".. It seems like some kind of super powered OG. Not super terpy, but the taste is a nice earthy and piney OG and it's got a nice heavy indica leaning high that reminds me a little bit of the crippy/Florida Kush I had a while back. Definitely strong as fuck, but also surprisingly enjoyable. I really liked it and even went back for 2nds before bed.

who da thunk it

• Rep: -79
« Reply #1812 on: February 10, 2023, 07:17:48 AM »
I drive to Michigan to buy edibles. Used to go to Morenci because it's right on the border but found a new weed town in Monroe where the border proximity doesn't drive up prices.

Now within the past 6 months, high dose 200mg packs became available for rec, which coincided with me discovering Monroe. I was paying $7 for 100mg MKX gummies in Morenci, and that was bottom shelf. In Monroe it's $10 for 200mg packs but they have deals every day so I got a bunch for $6 each (some deals bring the price down to $4.50).

All this to ask: are these the best prices in the country?

I've been browsing various states' dispo's sites and besides making your own edibles, 5-6 dollars for 200mg seems like the best deal you're going to get

Also got some 100% live resin carts 5 for $100 and was wondering how that price stacks against other people's experiences

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1813 on: February 10, 2023, 01:32:43 PM »
I drive to Michigan to buy edibles. Used to go to Morenci because it's right on the border but found a new weed town in Monroe where the border proximity doesn't drive up prices.

Now within the past 6 months, high dose 200mg packs became available for rec, which coincided with me discovering Monroe. I was paying $7 for 100mg MKX gummies in Morenci, and that was bottom shelf. In Monroe it's $10 for 200mg packs but they have deals every day so I got a bunch for $6 each (some deals bring the price down to $4.50).

I've been browsing various states' dispo's sites and besides making your own edibles, 5-6 dollars for 200mg seems like the best deal you're going to get

Also got some 100% live resin carts 5 for $100 and was wondering how that price stacks against other people's experiences

If you like edibles, I strongly recommend an Ardent device-
https://ardentcannabis.com/

It decarbs your shrubbs so you can just eat the nug.  I usually consume it with a little chocolate/something with fat.  The applications are endlesss.  It also increases the amount of available THC in the flower.

I decarb all my weed with it.  You lose the aesthetic appeal and some of the flavor and aroma, but it makes your shit a little stronger.  The keef just melts into the flower, not losing any potency.  It makes it easy to handle so you don't need a grinder.

And at the end of the day, it's much cheaper than buying edibles someone else has processed and therefore has to markup the cost to you.

Its worth checking out if you have access to flower, even if you don't combust.  Just eat it bro.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1814 on: February 10, 2023, 05:53:49 PM »
Healthy nug of the grape ape. Smoking rlly nicely if a bit sweet for my taste. Overall it’s a very nice indica

caked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1815 on: February 10, 2023, 08:12:43 PM »

yep Michigan definitely has the cheapest market right now. I think the average price for a recreational ounce is $100 right now. 20$ per LR cart is probably a good deal, but are they 0.5g or 1.0g carts?
I go up to michigan as well. I usually go every few months and buy a few ounces of flower and maybe a few grams of rosin. was going to go this weekend but my stash is fine for now so I'm putting it off for a few weeks. I've also gotten 100mg packs of hash rosin gummies for $5 before, a great deal. Got 5 months worth of edibles for like $150.

who da thunk it

• Rep: -79
« Reply #1816 on: February 11, 2023, 09:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you like edibles, I strongly recommend an Ardent device-
https://ardentcannabis.com/

It decarbs your shrubbs so you can just eat the nug.  I usually consume it with a little chocolate/something with fat.  The applications are endlesss.  It also increases the amount of available THC in the flower.

I decarb all my weed with it.  You lose the aesthetic appeal and some of the flavor and aroma, but it makes your shit a little stronger.  The keef just melts into the flower, not losing any potency.  It makes it easy to handle so you don't need a grinder.

And at the end of the day, it's much cheaper than buying edibles someone else has processed and therefore has to markup the cost to you.

Its worth checking out if you have access to flower, even if you don't combust.  Just eat it bro.

I will keep that filed away for the future. Thanks! I'm currently stocked up well into summer on edibles

yep Michigan definitely has the cheapest market right now. I think the average price for a recreational ounce is $100 right now. 20$ per LR cart is probably a good deal, but are they 0.5g or 1.0g carts?
I go up to michigan as well. I usually go every few months and buy a few ounces of flower and maybe a few grams of rosin. was going to go this weekend but my stash is fine for now so I'm putting it off for a few weeks. I've also gotten 100mg packs of hash rosin gummies for $5 before, a great deal. Got 5 months worth of edibles for like $150.

I got 1g live resin carts 5/$100. It was my first time not getting disposable distillate vapes, and the LR is so much better. Hash rosin gummies sound incredible, I didn't know resin or rosin edibles existed before two weeks ago, how were they? But yeah, you and I have similar purchasing habits. There was a buy one get one for a penny on 100mg edibles so I grabbed 6 months worth for like $115 a couple years ago. I was elated. Knowing you're good for a long while is a nice feeling.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1817 on: February 12, 2023, 02:07:03 AM »

Yeah those are amongst the lowest prices I've seen. Oklahoma and WA. I'm not super up to speed on medibles, but the most powerful/expensive thing that we have are 60mg thc caps that are around $100 for 20. With my discounts it would be around $60-65. I can't fathom eating a 60mg cap though, 10mg of the CBN ones fuck my shit up.

For carts, LLR base price is 45-50 for the better ones or 35ish for the cured and trim run ones. I talked to a couple extractors here and they said that it's actually not really any more expensive to produce hydrocarbon carts at scale, but they're far less tolerant of the "garbage in, garbage out" rule and you can't just throw trim and shake and sugar leaf in like you can with distillates. With discounts I would say my average half g LLR comes out around $32, but if there's a good sale that I can stack my vet discount on then I can get pretty close to those prices, especially if I go for cheaper or house brands. Everything is vertically integrated here so you can sometimes get some sweet deals if you go to the right place at the right time.

Other stuff - LR concentrates are 50-60 a gram, rosin is 75-90 a g depending on what and where.

Grabbed a few things with lunch. Got a rosin cart of Outlaw (the 38% flower from the other day) and one of a strain called Tina that I wasn't a fan of at first but is growing on me. Haven't tried those yet but I will in a bit.

The main reason I went though was because a new batch of my favorite Jack Herer just came out. Looks and smells amazing as usual, so excited to smoke some in the AM and see if it's as good as usual. I also grabbed a gram of Emerald Fire OG and I'm quite impressed with it. Nice dirty, diesely OG that would have really scratched that itch if I hadn't been smoking loads of Outlaw lately.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1818 on: February 12, 2023, 03:44:21 AM »
I got 1g live resin carts 5/$100. It was my first time not getting disposable distillate vapes, and the LR is so much better. Hash rosin gummies sound incredible, I didn't know resin or rosin edibles existed before two weeks ago, how were they? But yeah, you and I have similar purchasing habits. There was a buy one get one for a penny on 100mg edibles so I grabbed 6 months worth for like $115 a couple years ago. I was elated. Knowing you're good for a long while is a nice feeling.

Yeah it's not even a contest between LLR and distillates, LLR wins in every single category except "can be made from the shittiest parts of the harvest" and retail price. If you can get a terp analysis from one of your LLR carts id love to see it, I'm always interested to see how our GPs stack up against others. Our high end carts are typically 10-15% terps, so with good strains it's literally like vaping candy. I'm actually super stoked for you to try some good LLRs and see how good it can get now. If you dig it and you don't have a dab rig or a pen yet definitely get one. It's basically the same thing as an LLR vape, but just not in cart form and it's the ultimate in flavor and potency for me.

The next level of course, is hash rosin. It's the purest and most well rounded extract and hits me like flower, but is also the most labor intensive and requires skill so rosin can be pretty pricey. Worth it in my book though, I had some blueberry muffin rosin a little while back that was so good that I called off work for it.

I just finished a joint of the Jack I posted yesterday and ohhhhh yessssss. Fruity, citrusy, and sweet over a light pine sap finish. My lips are totally covered in terps and I have a super pleasant mental boost and just feel generally happy and creative...that combo of flavor and effects is hard to match. This is easily a top 10 all time, GOAT list, desert island strain and when it's done right it's so good. If I made a Mt. Kushmore then Jack Herer would definitely be on it, both as a person and as a strain.

Here's the terps if any of you in lab report states want to try and find something similar. The signature skunky citrus fruit jack flavor comes from a combo of terpinoline, Ocimene (not listed), and myrcene.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1819 on: February 19, 2023, 09:36:04 PM »
@badmanganjaspliff grabbed a gram of that stuff I mentioned before.. I was slightly misremembering the genetics, it's actually Stardawg x NL Haze #1. The taste is close to SD with that lovely piney finish, but also has some really nice earth and citrus flavors layered in there from the other stuff. Fuckin phenomenal buzz, has that strong heady euphoria and energy burst like SD but the NL Haze mix keeps it super chilled out and relaxing. It's a great little hybrid and I'm really glad you inspired me to get it again. If you know a grower with access to these genetics (I think all the parents are pretty common in the UK) it's a winner haha.

Other Pics are something I've been waiting for this grower to drop for a long time, Magic Johnson (Durban poison x the white). I believe this was on sale for $45, but with discounts etc I paid around 30. This used to be one of my favorite growers but they fell off hard the last year or so. These guys are local and the dispensary owner has been telling me for months they'd sorted shit out and there was some new fire coming but I didn't think much of it. Then last week they dropped 4 new strains with 2.5%+ terps, including this... So I was curious to see if it was indeed a true "return to form"

It came out pretty good, but every time I get one of these durb crosses I always find myself thinking it would be better if it was just straight Durban poison. I guess DP has a reputation for being hard to run indoors in this part of the world, so everyone started adding stuff like the white or El Leche to make it more stable and productive. It ends up tasting like a slightly washed out DP and the high is a little more hybrid leaning off the bat. Not as much of an up then down ride. So ya, still prefer the original but it's solid.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1820 on: February 23, 2023, 02:55:29 AM »

Private Reserve, sometimes called og 18. The story on this is DNA genetics got their hands on some seeds from a legit OG cut and the 18th pheno was the special one. Their website says it's a "sour" pheno but I've never really gotten that from it, though it does lean a little more to the chemmy side than some of the sweeter OG phenos out there. This is the 3rd grower I've had it from, and all of them have been good.

Classic OG high. Its pretty indica leaning but not necessarily insta-sleepy like motorbreath or bio jesus. Starts as a relaxed head and body with significant mood elevation and tails off into a very long lasting body high. Puts your mind at ease and has strong pain killing properties as well. Guess there's a reason this is the quintessential medical strain after all, right?

The only negative is this stuff can definitely be a day ruiner, if you have something to do make sure you do it first because this stuff gives me a bad case of the fuckits.

Oh yeah...Seems like yet another company has moved down to the $35 price point, so with discounts this was a little over $20 for the 8th. I feel like that's about what a midgrade cut should go for.

Also considering changing my username to Sativa Lung but that might be too obscure of a shitty pun even on a skate forum.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 03:49:55 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1821 on: February 25, 2023, 06:09:46 PM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

that would be the dopest name on the forum, period. sativa lung or bonger if we're going that route

a while back i'd told my ma that she could take some stuff I'd left around. It was A grade organic outdoor that myself and everyone else had really enjoyed. nothing too special, just some modified grape, but real pretty, sticky, thick smoke etc. So a few months ago she's telling me that it's not doing the trick and I'm thinking "wtf, hows this old lady not getting ripped off full j's of this shit?" I'm perplexed and tell her to get a water bong. She does this and it's still not doing the trick. So i get her hooked her up with some topshelf indoor amnesia haze and she's satisfied as can be.

well, I'm recently back for a visit and ask her what she did the with MG. She breaks out a sack and it's clearly not the MG. some black ass nasty looking trash weed is what she shows me. I then realize that what she'd taken was shit that had sat in smoke from a very severe wildfire a few years back and was just ruined. smelled like a campfire. no joke about the campfire kush. I ended up packing her a bowl of the MG and she was fucking lit, saying it was nicer than the haze ha ha ha poor old timers misreading labels and smoking trash when the MG was righ there the whole time. that wildfire weed was disgusting though.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1822 on: February 27, 2023, 06:34:33 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

that would be the dopest name on the forum, period. sativa lung or bonger if we're going that route

a while back i'd told my ma that she could take some stuff I'd left around. It was A grade organic outdoor that myself and everyone else had really enjoyed. nothing too special, just some modified grape, but real pretty, sticky, thick smoke etc. So a few months ago she's telling me that it's not doing the trick and I'm thinking "wtf, hows this old lady not getting ripped off full j's of this shit?" I'm perplexed and tell her to get a water bong. She does this and it's still not doing the trick. So i get her hooked her up with some topshelf indoor amnesia haze and she's satisfied as can be.

well, I'm recently back for a visit and ask her what she did the with MG. She breaks out a sack and it's clearly not the MG. some black ass nasty looking trash weed is what she shows me. I then realize that what she'd taken was shit that had sat in smoke from a very severe wildfire a few years back and was just ruined. smelled like a campfire. no joke about the campfire kush. I ended up packing her a bowl of the MG and she was fucking lit, saying it was nicer than the haze ha ha ha poor old timers misreading labels and smoking trash when the MG was righ there the whole time. that wildfire weed was disgusting though.

The legend returns!

Hahahha I have heard of those "campfire packs" before and thankfully haven't come across it, but I always worry my dad is going to get something like that and just power through it because he doesn't know any better. He smoked brick weed and mids for most of my life so I'm genuinely not sure if he's aware how good this stuff can be nowadays. Last time I went home he said he had some really good stuff from Cali and then pulled started pulling mylar ounces of shitty indistinguishable candy weed out with a suspiciously sticky but dry cure.

Saw this on the menu and as a full blooded Yinzer I had to get it haha. It's supposedly a special grape cake pheno and its definitely more potent than my usual beloved GC. If you aren't an NFL fan, Ryan Shazier is a former Steelers middle linebacker who was one of the best young defensive players in the league and looking to be on his way to a HOF career when he suffered a back injury while making a tackle and was nearly paralyzed from the waist down as a result. He had a long struggle to get to where he is today and is a huge inspiration to people here, so it's kind of cool that he credits MMJ with part of that recovery.

Anyways, she clocks in at 33% thca and just over 2% total terps. Tastes like creamy grape candy with a slight bit of kush and spice. Really delicious shit and hits hard but comes on smooth and evenly and just makes you happy and relaxed, along with a potent body high that works really well on muscle pain. They also have a 27% THCa batch of gg4 that Im gonna try after I finish this Private Reserve. I've never seen this grower run that before so I'm curious how their cut will stack up against others.

And since I'm eternally 15 and a fan of dark and/or offensive humor, I had to stop myself from leaving a review that said

"GOOD SHIT... Took a hit and couldn't feel my legs anymore! "

Probably ruined my karma just thinking it though.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1823 on: March 03, 2023, 03:25:19 PM »

Just smoked a gram of this stardawg after a couple pints and I’m gone haha. Bored of the taste at this point but it always gets the job done. Also bought some pressed Kief off a friend thinking of trying to do the shoe hash thing

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1824 on: March 04, 2023, 01:49:15 AM »
That's some nice looking SD man. I really enjoyed the cross I had and was thinking about getting it again but decided to go with this 30% thca Kush Mints.

It's not the best KM I've ever had but it's still very good. For  relaxation it's one of the better strains I've found and very useful for stress management.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1825 on: March 04, 2023, 08:22:00 PM »
mmm stardawg and kush mints. two nice ones.

busted out a shoebox of unlabled jars. humboldt roulette. pretty sure it's a haze. just now crept up on me at 15 minutes in. increasingly cerebral and focused while also causing my muscles to twitch into relaxation. i wouldn't even say this is creeping up, it's like a squid wrapping tentacles around me. yup. it's got me. the hazes always make it possible to forget to breathe, or rather make one realize that yes, we need to breathe and it's a wonderful thing  ;) is it forgetting or realizing? it's been a while since i've felt a ganja headband. pretty sweet.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1826 on: March 08, 2023, 06:52:26 PM »
back to the shoebox for a jar of something untrimmed and that's been around for over a year. Remember, y'all, if ya grow too much and wanna keep your buds fresh, only buck the big leaves and leave the rest on til they need be trimmed. stays green and holds a nose... but this jar is heavy duty. i should know what it is because i know who grew it but I can't think of it  ::) something closer to the cookies genetics most likely. dense, crystally indoor with a mildly dessert like flavor.

but hey you know what's nice is taking nervine tinctures (skullcap, valerian, passion flower, etc) while blazing. such a dope mix of relaxation. nervines are kinda like natures anxiety relief herbs!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1827 on: March 08, 2023, 08:57:14 PM »
Got a treat for you today boys. GMO (Garlic, Mushroom, Onions) aka Garlic Cookies. One of the best all around modern cultivars in my opinion. The odor is almost offensive. You can literally smell it through the jar across the room and trying to finger grind it is a fools errand. It just rolls up into sticky little balls of funk and makes your fingers stink.

Tastes like chemdawg on steroids with a rotting garlic twist (sounds gross but its actually not) but I don't get this one for flavor. It's all about the high here, one of the best heady highs I've found and then it fades out into a chill indica body heaviness and brain fog. Half a bowl is enough to get even a heavy medical user like me going "woah" and putting the bong down for a minute to appreciate it.

I know it doesn't look like it but I'm actually working on cutting back on how much I smoke. I've got GI issues flaring up and that's probably one of the things triggering it. I've switched to more oral dosing and I'm loving it to be honest. Once you get the right dose and it kicks in it's almost opiate like. I've been using 10MG CBG/CBN capsules for sleep and RSO in caps for everything else. I learned the hard way that RSO sometimes won't kick in for hours but once it does its an intense high hahaha. I've tried a couple specific strains as well as generic indica and hybrid blends, but my favorite so far has been Bubba Diagonal. I think I'm gonna try something like bio jesus or motorbreath next.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1828 on: March 09, 2023, 09:43:27 AM »
GMO cookies is always straight fire! Dick in the dirt mike tyson at 18 KO status.

Also, ya the cbn/cbg candy is fun. Got some mints right now. First time i tool em i fell asleep with a book on my chest. Out cold

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1829 on: March 10, 2023, 10:25:38 AM »
OK so I've been lurking and, inspired by this thread, I copped some Cookies today which I am pretty sure is one of the rebrands for Garlic Cookies. Funny thing is I got it outta the hybrid section from the shop I buy from. Definitely a pretty potent Indica. They do this sometimes to give the illusion of variety but unless it's a hybrid that's unmissably sativa then it's generally gonna be pretty stoney. I think this is probably straight up mislabeled though. I don't really get a garlic smell from it, just a pine and diesel mix. It is also very crystal heavy but it's not particularly sticky. Kinda just snaps off but it's not so dry that it turns to powder when you handle it. My kief catcher is likely gonna be pretty full after I get through this batch.

I was really psyched to see Private Reserve on here too. That was pretty much the best deal that shops around me had going in late 2019 and into early 2020. After it got it's name out there and supply got disrupted, at least one shop tried to sell it as top shelf and price it accordingly. That was a weird trend to watch but it was being pushed heavy by 4 different shops well into 2020. 2 of those are long gone now and I don't remember the last time I saw it on the menu at the place where I shop. Feels like it was Runtz right before that strain caught on in LA. Private reserve was basically my pandemic strain and now I'm sentimental for it.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.