Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180797 times)

badmanganjaspliff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • You pies
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1860 on: April 10, 2023, 03:29:09 AM »
I don’t know what strain this nug is, given to me by a friend as my dealer of 3+ years is now gone and I’m struggling to find a consistent guy. This bud is pretty nice, tasting very skunky and the high is very strong and relaxing.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1861 on: April 10, 2023, 02:05:56 PM »
Yeah disty carts are weird, my life has gotten all around worse since I got on them.  Yes they smell less, but the effects are less pleasurable whilst somehow more intense at the same time.  I feel like I’m acting way weirder than when I just smoked a bit.  Hopefully live resin carts are worth the extra few bucks and not too smelly or brain melting.

ever fuck with low dose edibles? 2.5/5/10mg pieces of hash candy?
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #1862 on: April 10, 2023, 05:38:58 PM »
I just got a new job and thanks to California law I didn’t have to drug test cause they’re mostly banned now. California is fucking rad.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #1863 on: April 11, 2023, 01:09:05 PM »
There's a pretty good chance im going to have to stop smoking again soon, so I've been kinda chilling. Trying not to buy any new stuff... I had to grab this one though, its one of the best smelling/tasting strains we have.

Pineapple express (Hawaiian x trainwreck). It's basically super TW. Same sweet crisp citrus with a little less earth and a lot more fruit. It smells like weed that was grown with mountain dew instead of water. Effect is basically trainwrecks brain dead energy mixed with a tropical happy sativa feel that makes for a gentle glide back to earth rather than the sort of caffeine style crash I get from some sativas when they wear off. I don't know if I would go so far as to call it functional, but if "brunch weed" were a category that's where I'd put it.

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #1864 on: April 11, 2023, 02:17:15 PM »
There's a pretty good chance im going to have to stop smoking again soon, so I've been kinda chilling.
you stopping for work or just need a break? I’m trying to cut down as well but I’m not doing very well, sleeping without bud isn’t the one.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1865 on: April 11, 2023, 03:36:57 PM »
Expand Quote
There's a pretty good chance im going to have to stop smoking again soon, so I've been kinda chilling.
[close]
you stopping for work or just need a break? I’m trying to cut down as well but I’m not doing very well, sleeping without bud isn’t the one.

Melatonin + magnesium + nighty night tea.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1866 on: April 13, 2023, 11:44:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kinda both. I am trying to get promoted (again) which means there's a chance of regular or pre-employment testing again but mostly I'm dealing with some personal and health stuff where it could be complicating things. I've been moving to more oral dosing and that's definitely helped but I'm still having some issues. Just one of those potential transition periods of my life I suppose. It always makes me appreciate it a bit more when I take time away anyways.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1867 on: April 16, 2023, 04:49:34 PM »
Decided I might as well keep it up until 420...also when I saw that the insanely terpy Durban Poison was back I couldn't resist. The densest, stickiest, strongest tasting bud I've found in PA. Not quite as crazy as last year but it's pretty fucking close....2.6% terpinoline, 4.6% total... Shits got more terps than half the carts and extracts we get here.

Also pictured, Bosscotti (biscotti x Don mega)... Its basically that sweet biscotti taste with a gassy and garlicky twist. Strong indica leaning buzz that hits hard in the head. Mind eraser weed. Not sure what Don Mega is but from the taste and head high I'll bet you it's got chem/gmo genetics. The best way to describe this one is that it took me about 5 minutes to type this sentence.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1868 on: April 17, 2023, 02:52:56 AM »
Decided I might as well keep it up until 420...also when I saw that the insanely terpy Durban Poison was back I couldn't resist. The densest, stickiest, strongest tasting bud I've found in PA. Not quite as crazy as last year but it's pretty fucking close....2.6% terpinoline, 4.6% total... Shits got more terps than half the carts and extracts we get here.

Also pictured, Bosscotti (biscotti x Don mega)... Its basically that sweet biscotti taste with a gassy and garlicky twist. Strong indica leaning buzz that hits hard in the head. Mind eraser weed. Not sure what Don Mega is but from the taste and head high I'll bet you it's got chem/gmo genetics. The best way to describe this one is that it took me about 5 minutes to type this sentence.

omg i want biscotti so bad again

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1869 on: April 19, 2023, 05:14:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I normally don't love biscotti (or any of the Gelatos for that matter) but this stuff is like 30% biscotti 70% GMO in the high which is perfect. It's like GMO with a goofy twist and the taste is unique but I like it better than regular biscotti. The garlic brings out more of the dirty pine taste from the Florida OG/crippy lineage and makes it almost like a sweet garlic OG if that makes any sense haha. Definitely keep an eye out for this one once the markets are up and running over there, I think you'll like it.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1870 on: April 19, 2023, 09:23:13 AM »
Just wanna say that after 5+ years of owning an Arizer Air (which still works perfectly fine) I upgraded to their newest model the Air Max and it's fucking incredible. It's on sale for $145 on their site right now and if anyone is remotely curious about vaping flower you should definitely look into it. It comes with a 14mm adapter so I've been hitting mine through a bubbler and it's the best.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1871 on: April 19, 2023, 04:14:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I normally don't love biscotti (or any of the Gelatos for that matter) but this stuff is like 30% biscotti 70% GMO in the high which is perfect. It's like GMO with a goofy twist and the taste is unique but I like it better than regular biscotti. The garlic brings out more of the dirty pine taste from the Florida OG/crippy lineage and makes it almost like a sweet garlic OG if that makes any sense haha. Definitely keep an eye out for this one once the markets are up and running over there, I think you'll like it.

lmao, we're not getting markets it seems. the government is afraid of eu sanctions, so they will only decriminalize after all :( no weed shops planned afaik. maybe something like cannabis clubs like in spain. what is weird is that after they announced they can't make it an industry under eu right they also said they will allow more plants per head for homegrowing, which will definitely be legal. so before you were allowed 3 plants, now they plan you can grow 6 at a time, but we won't have dispensaries. it's gonna be half legal most likely, like in most eu countries.

i wouldn't be surprised if they fumble the bag again, as fumbling all bags is basically what german governments been doing the last 30 years. pretty much every good idea they have they gas up in public, only to let it die later anyways. so i assume they will fail to bring the law to legislature and then we will have elections, the conservatives will most likely win next time, since our current government is a trainwreck again, and they will just roll it all back i'm sure.

caked

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1872 on: April 20, 2023, 10:41:54 AM »
happiest of holidays to my partakers here! I started a bit ago and am feeling good. super boof tastes so fucking good. have to work a lil bit today so not dabbing this sweet, sweet rosin until after work.

hope yall have a great day!

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1874 on: April 20, 2023, 12:57:51 PM »
LA people where do you do your smoking? First time visiting a legal state so idk if I'm good to just smoke in the alleyway of my friends apartment building, if I can walk around the block and smoke, or whatever works. Not trying to smoke in my friends new apartment or their car so just trying to get a sense of what works. Maybe no one cares regardless? Hoping that's the case

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1875 on: April 20, 2023, 01:43:10 PM »
Its CA smoke wherever

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #1876 on: April 20, 2023, 02:28:51 PM »
LA people where do you do your smoking? First time visiting a legal state so idk if I'm good to just smoke in the alleyway of my friends apartment building, if I can walk around the block and smoke, or whatever works. Not trying to smoke in my friends new apartment or their car so just trying to get a sense of what works. Maybe no one cares regardless? Hoping that's the case

I'm partial to partaking in the comfort of my own home, but you are more than fine to light up in an alley or even just walking down the sidewalk. People in SoCal are completely desensitized to it at this point.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #1877 on: April 20, 2023, 02:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm partial to partaking in the comfort of my own home, but you are more than fine to light up in an alley or even just walking down the sidewalk. People in SoCal are completely desensitized to it at this point.

When they first legalized weed in CA I flew into San Diego Int. Airport and as soon as I exited building there was a dude smoking a J prolly waiting for his Uber. Pretty sure smoking weed at an airport is a Federal offense.

They don’t give a fuuuuuuuucccccck in Cali.

420up!

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #1878 on: April 20, 2023, 02:38:42 PM »

Yup, you got that right, you could spark one up right on Sunset Blvd in broad daylight and no one would bat an eye as long as the smoke wasn't bothering anybody. At the very worst, if a cop walked by and was feeling particularly dickish at that instance they would probably tell you to put it out, and then leave you alone afterwards.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1879 on: April 20, 2023, 05:20:29 PM »
When I’m in CA I just treat it like smoking tobacco. A lot of Californians don’t really like getting smoke in their face (of any kind). Some people also consider it really rude/ignorant to smoke around vegetation when it’s been super dry (because of fire risk). But if you maintain anything close to that bare minimum level of respect I think you’ll be good

Anyone here nerd out about edibles? Smoking has bothered my lungs ever since I had covid, so I’ve started to hunt down single-strain live rosin edibles. I miss the fun of trying new flower with different terps and cannabinoids, so I’m curious how few it’s possible to go with edibles or tinctures only

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1880 on: April 20, 2023, 11:34:41 PM »
Went to wook show in denver. Met elbo. Got some free dabs. It was cool. Here's some pieces that were there.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1881 on: April 22, 2023, 03:46:40 PM »
Any you fools try thc/CBD suppositories? Ive got some and its next level relief for hip/low back pain and tension. Soooo good

live, laugh, love

« Reply #1882 on: April 24, 2023, 05:06:03 PM »
Any you fools try thc/CBD suppositories? Ive got some and its next level relief for hip/low back pain and tension. Soooo good

Nah but my girl is dealing with sciatica and a bulging disc. Hopefully I can stick one in her ass to help... Her.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1883 on: April 24, 2023, 06:55:06 PM »
When I’m in CA I just treat it like smoking tobacco. A lot of Californians don’t really like getting smoke in their face (of any kind). Some people also consider it really rude/ignorant to smoke around vegetation when it’s been super dry (because of fire risk). But if you maintain anything close to that bare minimum level of respect I think you’ll be good

Anyone here nerd out about edibles? Smoking has bothered my lungs ever since I had covid, so I’ve started to hunt down single-strain live rosin edibles. I miss the fun of trying new flower with different terps and cannabinoids, so I’m curious how few it’s possible to go with edibles or tinctures only

I manage a dispo in MI.  We have these gummies by the brand Lost Farms, which I'm pretty sure is owned by Kiva.  So it's available in CA as well as MI and other states.  There big thing is the do strain specific live resin gummies.  We have the following...

Citrus Spritz flavored sativa gummies made with Lilac Diesel live resin.
Sour Cherry flavored hybrid gummies made with Kush Mints live resin (this seems slightly controversial, as I think Kush Mints leans strong Indica)
Pineapple flavored indica gummies made with Forbidden Jelly live resin.

From what I understand, the strains change state to state, but they hit nice.  I'm mostly a flower guy, but went to see a matinee of Evil Dead Rise and took a Citrus Spritz right before and it was fun.  Definitely more 3 dimensional of a high vs gummies made with distillate.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1884 on: April 25, 2023, 01:43:49 AM »
Haven’t had much nice flower lately but got these vape pens there from the US. It’s pretty strong, decent high says 92.6% thc on the packet

listen to cosmic psychos

caked

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1885 on: April 25, 2023, 10:19:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I manage a dispo in MI.  We have these gummies by the brand Lost Farms, which I'm pretty sure is owned by Kiva.  So it's available in CA as well as MI and other states.  There big thing is the do strain specific live resin gummies.  We have the following...

Citrus Spritz flavored sativa gummies made with Lilac Diesel live resin.
Sour Cherry flavored hybrid gummies made with Kush Mints live resin (this seems slightly controversial, as I think Kush Mints leans strong Indica)
Pineapple flavored indica gummies made with Forbidden Jelly live resin.

From what I understand, the strains change state to state, but they hit nice.  I'm mostly a flower guy, but went to see a matinee of Evil Dead Rise and took a Citrus Spritz right before and it was fun.  Definitely more 3 dimensional of a high vs gummies made with distillate.

These are the only edibles I get now after trying a few brands. Live resin or hash rosin or nothing! I rarely use edibles but want them to hit pretty nicely when I do. Lost Farm is also in IL and has different flavors/strains than MI, though they are like triple the price.

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #1886 on: May 15, 2023, 06:34:24 PM »
anyone used leafedout.com to sell? in sydney right now n kinda wanna look into if anyone can show me the ropes
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1887 on: May 25, 2023, 08:27:35 PM »
just been smoking the same old same old lately. same shit ive been on a rotation of for the past 6 months. i dig predictable. Jack and G13. Haze. Unknown strain.

was just reminiscing about some classic late 90s/early 00s narcotic strains. Where i lived there was a shift from generic hydro and beasters to exotics (or headies if it was a hippy slinging it). Although things are far more proficient, the science/technology is stronger, and variety is greater, the BC/Amsterdam/1996 California 215 era ushered in some unprecedented indoor growing.

sweet tooth

space queen

northern lights

LA Confidential

Then with that California outdoor scene bursting at the seams with 215 after 1996, the outdoor became far more prevalent too, maybe more in the early mid 00s with stuff like

blue dream

jack herer

(salmon creek) big bud

trainwreck

afgoo (ey)

Mr. (not so) Nice  (everything "purp" lol)

i remember the first time a friend grew girl scout cookies, 2013/14 or so, and people didn't even want it. everyone wanted the OG or SD, even Jack over GSC at that point. I don't think that anyone would have imagined that that strain, the idea of GSC dessert weed, would essentially take over the genetics of the next decade. While I realize it comes from OG, it's become something completely different and while potent medicine, not particularly interesting. I was at a community event last weekend with a bunch of old, old, old timers and these cats are puffing on these chongers that just smelled like good, good fucking herb grown in the soil and under the sun. It wasn't like "oh what is that..." rather, "oh yes. yes. that's what good herb smells like."

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1888 on: May 25, 2023, 10:30:07 PM »
Good shit dude. I enjoyed reading that. G13 is high on my list and I'd wager I've smoked/vaped more jack than anything else and it still blows me away every now and then. It's kinda like the glass bottle coke of strains... It's not always what I think I want but it never fails to satisfy me and pairs well with most activities.

Those Y2K era narcotic indica strains like sweet tooth, NL, and blueberry are some of my favorite tasting bud ever. Especially in extract form they can be so sugary you'd swear it was artificial. Its interesting that they're all kinda minor tweaks on Afghani landraces too. It is so wild that candy weed took over the way it did, to the point where most of this shit doesn't even resemble the name in any way and they just call it whatever candy or dessert name isn't taken.

Haven't been smoking much lately, but I did start using my flower vape again on the weekends and I'm kinda digging it. Its a boundless CF, so a pretty decent little unit. If you've ever seen the storz & bickel crafty+ it's basically a cheaper version of that...same general design. You can get a pretty good cloud out of it and the taste is decent. Definitely easier on the lungs too. The last thing I tried was GM Blow (GMO x blow pops) and it was a really nice chemdawg style high.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1889 on: May 26, 2023, 08:35:29 AM »
Nice man! I dont vape… so i cant say I know anything about it.

And ya, those old sweet sweet strains are just really enjoyable. There was a strain called Trash going around back then, it was trainwreck and afghoo or hash plant if i remember correctly. Suuuuuper couch locked but if you could peel yourself off the seat, you were energized and clear eyed. That was the first humboldt jar i ever got lol. I made that last for a long time ha ha ha

Its gonna be an interesting year for outdoor herb world as there is far far less available. I mean shits mostly legal in most places but i wouldnt be surprised if that late summer/early fall drought from days of yore goes down again this year. Widespread and large scale light dep growing changed that, but things have scaled down a lot.