Author Topic: Epicly Later'd - Dylan Rieder  (Read 141569 times)

hesh life

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Epicly Later'd - Dylan
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »
you know hes made it now that people are hating. ive been a fan of dude ever since the quiksilver promo

blatablatblau

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
  • smurfs up
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2010, 07:05:01 PM »
you can say whatever the fuck you can, all I know is no fucking snowboarding company, no matter how big they are, can afford to buy anyone a mena mena impossile like Dylan's.Let te kid make some money, he deserve after a killer part like that!!!

indeed sir RON BURGUNDY

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2010, 09:40:28 PM »
Let's hope and pray that this will be the first epicly later'd with full frontal male nudity!  ;D

wait what

gkn00dlez

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2010, 12:13:27 AM »
Let's hope and pray that this will be the first epicly later'd with full frontal male nudity!  ;D

Wait for the Ed Templeton episode. He shot the whole thing in his birthday suit.

kazbenson

• Rep: -271
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2010, 04:03:25 AM »
haha he;s wierd
koston's career isn't based on the site...

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »
Expand Quote
still not sure whats up with all the Dylan hate...this guy fucking rips.
[close]

I think people are just a little suspicious of what seems to be a coordinated marketing campaign -video, magazines, epicly laterd etc, most likely financed by a snowboard company.

oh my god, you are dumb. the reason "professional" skateboarding exists is to sell you products. skate videos, magazines, they all exist to sell you stuff. you think gravis made this dvd out of the goodness of their heart? no, they pay dylan to promote their product to skateboarders
"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
hopefully dylan explains his impossible technique in this.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think people are just a little suspicious of what seems to be a coordinated marketing campaign -video, magazines, epicly laterd etc, most likely financed by a snowboard company.
[close]

oh my god, you are dumb. the reason "professional" skateboarding exists is to sell you products. skate videos, magazines, they all exist to sell you stuff. you think gravis made this dvd out of the goodness of their heart? no, they pay dylan to promote their product to skateboarders

Obviously, which is why I referenced the two covers and an epicly laterd which when coupled with the video bring up the question of timing and unbranded, paid advertising campaigns.  Maybe he did get the covers off of merit but having them come out the same time as the video seems like a lot of coverage all at once.  I guess it could be the other way though where the magazines gave him a cover because they knew people would like the video. 

Ben

• Rep: 1
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2010, 09:34:01 PM »
i know im pretty new to the SLAP game, but i dont get whats so great about this kid. i liked him better in old Logic videos, wearing baggy pants, and doing tech shit. oh well.

bad style, tight ass jeans, and skating in dress shoes just dont do it for me.

Ben

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »
ok, just watched a few of his videos on youtube again, and his style is actually not bad. you have to forgive me, ive been deployed to afghanistan for over a year, hahaha.

his shoes are still gay though, ha.

skatefideo

• Rep: -10
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2010, 10:18:25 PM »
ok, just watched a few of his videos on youtube again, and his style is actually not bad. you have to forgive me, ive been deployed to afghanistan for over a year, hahaha.

I have a feeling that you are pretty fucking GAY.

Ben

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »
gay because i have my own opinion on skating in slippers and dress shoes?

or gay because you feel i insulted the very man you just finished masturbating too?

gkn00dlez

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2010, 02:23:52 AM »

or gay because you feel i insulted the very man you just finished masturbating too?

zing

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2010, 02:50:40 AM »

OMG WIN!

Stunts

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2010, 05:51:59 AM »
high five

burl chung

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2010, 09:04:33 AM »
i bought his shoes and wore them out to the bar. it was unreal! i got hit on all night and got like 10 phone numbers! the problem was, the only ones hitting on me and giving me their numbers were guys.....

cool dude

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2010, 09:54:10 AM »
Dylan's shoes are something i would never personally buy or skate in, but who actually focuses on shoes when watching a video?  if you are then maybe that says more about you then it does about Dylan.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Obviously, which is why I referenced the two covers and an epicly laterd which when coupled with the video bring up the question of timing and unbranded, paid advertising campaigns.  Maybe he did get the covers off of merit but having them come out the same time as the video seems like a lot of coverage all at once.  I guess it could be the other way though where the magazines gave him a cover because they knew people would like the video. 

yeah, it seems much more likely that a company would dole out a shitload of money to coordinate a multi media campaign to promote one single rider rather than magazines and o'dell thinking "oh shit, the video's coming out, we should probably put out his shit before everyone's already seen the video 80 times and the photos are old news."

jayceedeecee

• Rep: -3
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, it seems much more likely that a company would dole out a shitload of money to coordinate a multi media campaign to promote one single rider rather than magazines and o'dell thinking "oh shit, the video's coming out, we should probably put out his shit before everyone's already seen the video 80 times and the photos are old news."

I think the truth lies somewhere between those two extremes.

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2010, 02:20:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a feeling that you are pretty fucking GAY.

ahahaha that hurts!

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the truth lies somewhere between those two extremes.

I think you guys are being idiots. Gravis and the skateboard media at large are not trying to hide the fact that all of this stuff is intentionally being released at the same time. Gravis has an ad before that Epicly Later'd teaser, O'Dell's write up basically says he waited until Dylan's Gravis part dropped, and it is not uncommon for skateboarding mags to have covers, interviews, and articles of skaters who have just released crazy parts or of anticipated videos. This is not some conspiracy, but fairly transparent releasing of stuff.

lostcat

• Rep: 0
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2010, 05:09:48 PM »
Seriously - look at this part like a smaller major video, it's all the same shit.  The tie-ins for Stay Gold are way more blatant and who's complaining?

Just watched Dylan's part for the first time  :o  IMO blows most of Stay Gold out of the water.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »
i don't get the comparison and saying one blows the other out of the water. they both feature great skateboarding. just leave it at that
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:22:01 PM by macgruber »

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »
I think you guys are being idiots. Gravis and the skateboard media at large are not trying to hide the fact that all of this stuff is intentionally being released at the same time. Gravis has an ad before that Epicly Later'd teaser, O'Dell's write up basically says he waited until Dylan's Gravis part dropped, and it is not uncommon for skateboarding mags to have covers, interviews, and articles of skaters who have just released crazy parts or of anticipated videos. This is not some conspiracy, but fairly transparent releasing of stuff.

no shit. i asked what was going on with people hating on dylan and its because he released a sick video part and had 2 really sick covers AND an epicly laterd episode all at the same time? oh noooo i hate him too!

nah but really, dylan fucking rips.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
It's crazy about the recent rise of park-rats.  Dudes like Dylan, Sheckler, and T-Puds are amazing and innovative, but I really don't care that much about them.  Being groomed to be an 'awsome' skater, and just being a 'dude that got good at skateing' are two different things.  I don't know, there's something so much more commercial about it than usual.  But since Dylan is the easiest to look at out of the bunch, keep a look out for the 'Life of Dylan' coming soon...

burl chung

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2010, 06:42:55 PM »
that gravis part is unreal. i think its better than alot of the stay gold parts

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2010, 06:45:08 PM »
i don't get the comparison and saying one blows the other out of the water. they both feature great skateboarding. just leave it at that

Neither do I. I haven't seen Stay gold yet but I find it very idiotic to compare ONE video part to an ENTIRE SKATE VIDEO.
Its like comparing ONE girls tits to an ENTIRE GIRLS BODY.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2010, 06:47:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Neither do I. I haven't seen Stay gold yet but I find it very idiotic to compare ONE video part to an ENTIRE SKATE VIDEO.

Go fuck yourself, tits are awesome.

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Go fuck yourself, tits are awesome.

Well Im sorry but i'd rather have tits with a body connected to them than just tits alone.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

lostcat

• Rep: 0
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2010, 09:02:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Might be idiotic but that's my opinion.  There is no impossible tailgrab out of a ditch in stay gold, I'll tell you that much.