Author Topic: Where are DLX/Real decks made?  (Read 11306 times)

manuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Where are DLX/Real decks made?
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »
Does anyone know where DLXS decks are made?
Also are they good quality? Thinking about picking one up.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
Re: Where are DLX/Real decks made?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:44:19 PM »
DLX makes Krooked and Anti-Hero boards, not just Real. They also make Spitfire wheels and Thunder trucks.

They are made in the USA and they're durable. Go pick one up.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 12:51:06 PM »
I believe their headquarters is in San Francisco, right?
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »
I believe their headquarters is in San Francisco, right?
Yes.

manuel

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »
Is there a list of where what's made where?
I've seen a previous thread but the information looked a bit dated.

tortugaD4YS

• Rep: -1
  • d4ys
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »
BBS makes them in Vista,CA and Mexico. I've never had a problem with them always good shapes and good wood.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »
BBS makes them in Vista,CA and Mexico. I've never had a problem with them always good shapes and good wood.

BBS is strictly in Mexico now.  They might do some of the graphics in the States but all the wood presses are south of the border.

http://www.bbsmfg.com/about.html

fwiw, I know a dude who's been a  DLX dick rider for almost 2 decades and he tried one of those Real renewal boards and said it's a piece of shit.

Macs T

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »
all the boards come form mexico

manuel

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 05:48:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

BBS is strictly in Mexico now.  They might do some of the graphics in the States but all the wood presses are south of the border.

fwiw, I know a dude who's been a  DLX dick rider for almost 2 decades and he tried one of those Real renewal boards and said it's a piece of shit.

BBS seems like a pretty legit company, how do feel these stack up against Dwindle?
I saw the youtube clip of there manufacturing process and it seems a lot more complex than BBS.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 10:21:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

BBS seems like a pretty legit company, how do feel these stack up against Dwindle?
I saw the youtube clip of there manufacturing process and it seems a lot more complex than BBS.
dwindle kinda sucks. regardless of fancy techniques the wood declines in quality whilst shipping overseas to china.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 11:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

BBS is strictly in Mexico now.?  They might do some of the graphics in the States but all the wood presses are south of the border.

fwiw, I know a dude who's been a?  DLX dick rider for almost 2 decades and he tried one of those Real renewal boards and said it's a piece of shit.
[close]

[close]
dwindle kinda sucks. regardless of fancy techniques the wood declines in quality whilst shipping overseas to china.
idont know about that. every almost or cliche board stacks up to any antihero or real. its just the shapes are different., i perfer the dlx shapes.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 11:39:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

BBS is strictly in Mexico now.?  They might do some of the graphics in the States but all the wood presses are south of the border.

fwiw, I know a dude who's been a?  DLX dick rider for almost 2 decades and he tried one of those Real renewal boards and said it's a piece of shit.
[close]

[close]
[close]
idont know about that. every almost or cliche board stacks up to any antihero or real. its just the shapes are different., i perfer the dlx shapes.
I'm currently skating a Cliche and It feels pretty solid. Its held its shape really well.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

http://bbsmfg.com/video.html
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

manuel

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 12:58:30 PM »
Does PS Stix still make girl/Plan B decks?

DeerTay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
Crailtap is Chinese wood, Plan B is made by the same wood shop as Element, whoever that is.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 03:36:48 PM »
Crailtap is Chinese wood, Plan B is made by the same wood shop as Element, whoever that is.

PS Stix does Element, Plan B, Alien, Habitat, Flip.  The latter 3 also use other wood shops.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »
So THAT'S why I always hated the way Girl and Chocolate felt. Pieces of shit to me.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

thebasicsetup

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 07:06:55 PM »
Girl/Chocolate used to use PS Stix til about '03.  It was right around the time Yeah Right came out and all their graphics got real simple, basically interesting board series didn't appeal to little kids.  They managed to fuck up all their shapes going to China, start only making bold text graphics and get rid of most of the interesting graphics (except for the occasional one off and Hecox Choc. series).   But Element has been using the old Girl molds, Flat PS Stix again.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
Damn, I was wrong. I could have sworn my Real deck said USA on it...that was 2 years ago though.
Dwindle wood isn't bad, it just has an odd feel to it. I probably wouldn't buy again.

Girl/Chocolate used to use PS Stix til about '03.?  It was right around the time Yeah Right came out and all their graphics got real simple, basically interesting board series didn't appeal to little kids.?  They managed to fuck up all their shapes going to China, start only making bold text graphics and get rid of most of the interesting graphics (except for the occasional one off and Hecox Choc. series).?  ? But Element has been using the old Girl molds, Flat PS Stix again.
Have you check the new Wallride? They have some sick graphics coming out soon.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So THAT'S why I always hated the way Girl and Chocolate felt. Pieces of shit to me.

Wrong, Crailtap uses Canadian maple, as does Dwindle.  It's just pressed in China.  It's the time that wood sits shipping that gives those boards an odd feel.  Personally I think Dwindle boards are pressed great and last a really long time, it's just their wacked out shapes and concave I really despise.

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »
habitat/alien have the best wood, by far.  if element uses that wood too, then their shit is quality as well.  i don't think flip uses the same wood any more because now they're with nhs and i don't know where they get their stuff from.

who makes tumyeto's boards?
life poser

Cold Pizza

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »
who makes tumyeto's boards?

Last time I checked, it was Watson Laminates.

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 02:56:38 PM »
What kind of wood is High 5?

Macs T

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »
alot of the companies use quality wood (Canadian maple) but have their stuff pressed in china.
element and plan b are both made by ps stix but all of that is starting in china last i heard.
dwindle has good boards but i absolutely despise the company and their marketing ploys, i would never buy a single board from any of the companies they house.
they are also a main contributor in a world with out pros     

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 08:30:32 PM »
isn't enjoi out of dwindle?  i support the fuck out of them
life poser

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 10:42:46 AM »
You can figure out quite a lot just from looking at the tops of decks.  

Anything with a PS# marking on the top of the front truck is PS Stix.  You'll usually see a country and if there isn't one, I just assume it's China.  99% sure all PS stix is either Mexico and China.  No more USA factory.  Element, Alien, Habitat, Plan B, Flip all use ps stix.

Everything under dwindle (almost, blind, darkstar, speed demons, enjoi, cliche) is pressed in China.

If you watch the bbs manufacturing video, you'll see DLX stuff being done there and you'll see Kayo, Blueprint and Alien stuff in the background.  Alien/Habitat use at least 3 different woodshops.  PS Stix, Bareback and unmarked Chinese pieces of shit.

Watson Laminates USA does Tum Yeto stuff.  You can see a sticker on the top of their decks.  Some of their price point/logo stuff doesn't have this sticker so beware.  Likely China.

Blackbox has their own factory (Cinco Maderas) in Mexico.  Everything except for P2's are made there.

NHS does Santa Cruz, Creature and Flip.  All P2's are made by NHS.

Pretty much anything that doesn't have a country or factory identifier, I assume is Chinese made.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:44:43 AM by bumpnrun »

manuel

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »

Anything with a PS# marking on the top of the front truck is PS Stix.  You'll usually see a country and if there isn't one, I just assume it's China.  99% sure all PS stix is either Mexico and China.  No more USA factory.  Element, Alien, Habitat, Plan B, Flip all use ps stix.

Everything under dwindle (almost, blind, darkstar, speed demons, enjoi, cliche) is pressed in China.

If you watch the bbs manufacturing video, you'll see DLX stuff being done there and you'll see Kayo, Blueprint and Alien stuff in the background.  Alien/Habitat use at least 3 different woodshops.  PS Stix, Bareback and unmarked Chinese pieces of shit.

Watson Laminates USA does Tum Yeto stuff.  You can see a sticker on the top of their decks.  Some of their price point/logo stuff doesn't have this sticker so beware.  Likely China.

Blackbox has their own factory (Cinco Maderas) in Mexico.  Everything except for P2's are made there.

NHS does Santa Cruz, Creature and Flip.  All P2's are made by NHS.

Pretty much anything that doesn't have a country or factory identifier, I assume is Chinese made.

How much input do you think Pros have on the concave and shape?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 11:27:28 AM »

Anything with a PS# marking on the top of the front truck is PS Stix. ? You'll usually see a country and if there isn't one, I just assume it's China. ? 99% sure all PS stix is either Mexico and China. ? No more USA factory. ? Element, Alien, Habitat, Plan B, Flip all use ps stix.

If you watch the bbs manufacturing video, you'll see DLX stuff being done there and you'll see Kayo, Blueprint and Alien stuff in the background. ? Alien/Habitat use at least 3 different woodshops. ? PS Stix, Bareback and unmarked Chinese pieces of shit.

Watson Laminates USA does Tum Yeto stuff. ? You can see a sticker on the top of their decks. ? Some of their price point/logo stuff doesn't have this sticker so beware. ? Likely China.

Blackbox has their own factory (Cinco Maderas) in Mexico. ? Everything except for P2's are made there.

NHS does Santa Cruz, Creature and Flip. ? All P2's are made by NHS.

i thought the p2s were ps stix?

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 11:38:27 AM »
Expand Quote

Anything with a PS# marking on the top of the front truck is PS Stix. ? You'll usually see a country and if there isn't one, I just assume it's China. ? 99% sure all PS stix is either Mexico and China. ? No more USA factory. ? Element, Alien, Habitat, Plan B, Flip all use ps stix.

If you watch the bbs manufacturing video, you'll see DLX stuff being done there and you'll see Kayo, Blueprint and Alien stuff in the background. ? Alien/Habitat use at least 3 different woodshops. ? PS Stix, Bareback and unmarked Chinese pieces of shit.

Watson Laminates USA does Tum Yeto stuff. ? You can see a sticker on the top of their decks. ? Some of their price point/logo stuff doesn't have this sticker so beware. ? Likely China.

Blackbox has their own factory (Cinco Maderas) in Mexico. ? Everything except for P2's are made there.

NHS does Santa Cruz, Creature and Flip. ? All P2's are made by NHS.

[close]
i thought the p2s were ps stix?

nope.  P2 url is owned by NHS

The Alien moonpop boards... with that weird grey/black beam in the top sheet... are PS stix.

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »
Is it my shop or DLX no longer makes 7.75 decks? (I don't remember seeing any 7.75 in their latest catalog)

I am thinking about getting a Toy Machine... how about their wood?