Author Topic: Beef with Thunders  (Read 6519 times)

MFS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Beef with Thunders
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »
So I just got a new pair of thunders about a 2 weeks ago and they are fucking garbage. My last pair were the best trucks ive ever
had but these ones are fucking a joke. They are 147 hi and feel way lower, there not even the same shape as my last pair of the exact same truck, they wont break in at all. Im sick and fucking tired of falling on my way to work because my shitty fucking trucks wont turn. Somewhere along the line DLX dropped the ball on product qaulity and Im pissed, there shitty fucking skateboards break like twigs, to the point that i cant ride them anymore. Now this changing thunders bullshit, all i have to say is fuck you DLX , you fucking betrayed me and you can fucking suck it.

Im sitting here at work with a broken finger from falling on it because of my garbage thunders. Ive been buying DLX for years now and those fucking corner cutting assholes will never get another dime out of my pocket.

Dont fuck with a good thing, fucking assholes.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
Re: Beef with Thunders
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »
Get some indys

flying squirrel

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 11:13:06 AM »
Not like DLX is the only manufacturer of skateboarding products. They aren't the only product available to buy, just buy different companies.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:23:33 AM »
Serves you right for betraying the cross.

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:24:59 AM »
i recently got some thunder 149ers and am very pleased with them.

corned beef

• Rep: 12
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 11:44:08 AM »
Been riding thunder 147 hi's for the last two years. Favorite trucks thus far. Only complaint is that the original bushings mush out after a few months, but it's my own fault for not getting bones bushings in the first place.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
I dont fucking care about your guys' trucks. My gripe is that they cant make them exactly the same every time.

Macs T

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 02:39:42 PM »
who gives a fuck about your shitty truck problems

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »

LIES! Haha.
But seriously, I've never owned a pair of Thunder trucks, but what I don't like about them is that they don't make 147 Lows. Well, they do, but it's so hard to find them that I have yet to find a site that has them in stock.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »

LIES! Haha.
But seriously, I've never owned a pair of Thunder trucks, but what I don't like about them is that they don't make 147 Lows. Well, they do, but it's so hard to find them that I have yet to find a site that has them in stock.
I checked their site and it looks like they only make lows in 145 now.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 04:58:07 PM »
Expand Quote

LIES! Haha.
[close]
Makes sense, I haven't seen any in so long. That's so ridiculous though. They're only limiting themselves in sales. Making things in all sizes and heights makes for maximum sale potential, for people of all truck preferences.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

jayceedeecee

• Rep: -3
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 05:50:53 PM »
Serves you right for betraying the cross.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
Maybe you got a bad batch. Call DLX.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 08:23:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

LIES! Haha.
[close]
[close]
Makes sense, I haven't seen any in so long. That's so ridiculous though. They're only limiting themselves in sales. Making things in all sizes and heights makes for maximum sale potential, for people of all truck preferences.

they used to make em....and soon they're re releasing them. Patience young skwigelf.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

LIES! Haha.
[close]
[close]
[close]

they used to make em....and soon they're re releasing them. Patience young skwigelf.
I use Indy right now. Best truck ever, but I still wanna try Thunder for the fuck of it, so that's good.

Scallywag crew!

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 12:14:42 AM »
So I just got a new pair of thunders about a 2 weeks ago and they are fucking garbage. My last pair were the best trucks ive ever
had but these ones are fucking a joke. They are 147 hi and feel way lower, there not even the same shape as my last pair of the exact same truck, they wont break in at all. Im sick and fucking tired of falling on my way to work because my shitty fucking trucks wont turn. Somewhere along the line DLX dropped the ball on product qaulity and Im pissed, there shitty fucking skateboards break like twigs, to the point that i cant ride them anymore. Now this changing thunders bullshit, all i have to say is fuck you DLX , you fucking betrayed me and you can fucking suck it.

Im sitting here at work with a broken finger from falling on it because of my garbage thunders. Ive been buying DLX for years now and those fucking corner cutting assholes will never get another dime out of my pocket.

Cy, if you're not going to skate them, can I have them?

Dandy

• Rep: -8
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 05:32:26 AM »
I think DLX occasionally change the shapes and geometry of the trucks, but they don't announce the changes like Indy. That said the new pair of 149s I'm skating right now are amazing and way better than the 147 highs I had previously.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 07:33:38 AM »
I think DLX occasionally change the shapes and geometry of the trucks, but they don't announce the changes like Indy. That said the new pair of 149s I'm skating right now are amazing and way better than the 147 highs I had previously.

149s have always been a different geometry than the 147s.  They were made to be more of a mid than a high because it just happened to work out that way.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Cy, if you're not going to skate them, can I have them?

I wish I could afford to just throw them to the wind. I have to live with them till I can afford trucks again, which could be a while.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 09:31:46 AM »
That's why you should buy venture highs. Thunders and indy's suck.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »

Then why do tons of pros and ams ride them?  Some even ride for other companies and still skate them.

flying squirrel

• Rep: -12
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 10:29:48 AM »
buy bones bushings if they wont break in..?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Then why do tons of pros and ams ride them?  Some even ride for other companies and still skate them.
Because people are followers, and they don't have to worry about trucks breaking, because they get them for free. The last three sets of trucks i have broke. 2 sets of indys and 1 set of thunders. Never broke a set of ventures.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »
Ventures are awesome if you dont like turning
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
That's how i know you don't skateboard.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 10:59:53 AM »
why?  Because i like turning insted of tilting?  Ventures are fine if you ride tight trucks, but if you ride em loose they suck.  Or maybe im just used to indys since ive been riding them since the mid 90s
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

ChileOrDie

• Rep: -9
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 11:00:31 AM »
That's how i know you don't skateboard.

Te amo El hombre intocable

Cold Pizza

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Because people are followers, and they don't have to worry about trucks breaking, because they get them for free. The last three sets of trucks i have broke. 2 sets of indys and 1 set of thunders. Never broke a set of ventures.

Damn, what'd you break on them?  Ironically the only trucks I've broken were a set of Ventures cracking right through the hangar.  By the way Independent will replace any broken truck that's not ground down to the axle for free.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
I learned not to fuck with thunders about 5 years ago.  I got 99 problems and trucks ain't one.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »
...just reverted to ventures (5.2 lows) from 147 highs w/bones bushings. they were cool and all, just didn't like that "ridin' high" feeling.
note: for some reason, bones bushings fit in 5.0's but not 5.2's...