Author Topic: Beef with Thunders  (Read 6517 times)

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10000
Re: Beef with Thunders
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 08:44:55 PM »
I recently put some Indy 1/4 risers on mine... yeah yeah, I know "Risers?! Lame!".
But it honestly works for me. It adds that extra height but not all the way to mid. Perfect in between.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 11:15:33 PM »
ventures dont turn. they teeter totter.

blatablatblau

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
  • smurfs up
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »
thunders are fine ive been riding the cole home run truck for a while and havent had any problems

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 09:20:54 AM »
independent
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 09:23:57 AM »
you guys are regular if you think that all trucks dont break, including indy's.
ONTARIO CANADA

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 12:43:55 AM »
I recently put some Indy 1/4 risers on mine... yeah yeah, I know "Risers?! Lame!".
But it honestly works for me. It adds that extra height but not all the way to mid. Perfect in between.
You ride risers pad with low trucks?
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 11:10:49 AM »
a lot of people swear by them but thunders have always been at the bottom of my list. 
they turn great but they definitely don't grind as good as indy or venture IMO.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's why you should buy venture highs. Thunders and indy's suck.
[close]

Then why do tons of pros and ams ride them?  Some even ride for other companies and still skate them.
[close]
Because people are followers, and they don't have to worry about trucks breaking, because they get them for free. The last three sets of trucks i have broke. 2 sets of indys and 1 set of thunders. Never broke a set of ventures.
Ventures is the only trucks that broke for me, had 2 sets of venture highs

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 02:16:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You ride risers pad with low trucks?
Yeah. I don't know why but it actually feels pretty good. Happy-medium between low and mid.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 08:48:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Then why do tons of pros and ams ride them?  Some even ride for other companies and still skate them.
[close]
Because people are followers, and they don't have to worry about trucks breaking, because they get them for free. The last three sets of trucks i have broke. 2 sets of indys and 1 set of thunders. Never broke a set of ventures.
baseplates breaking on the indys? i used to have that problem. i dont skate as much as i did when i was breaking them all the time, but i have a set of the newest 149s, theyre almost a year old and theyre perfect.

steve_lurkle

• Rep: -16
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 11:29:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My friend was talking about how he met Daryl Angel at a park a couple times, And one time Daryl showed him his trucks and they were just Indys with a royal sticker over them. Jerry Hsu does it too.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My friend was talking about how he met Daryl Angel at a park a couple times, And one time Daryl showed him his trucks and they were just Indys with a royal sticker over them. Jerry Hsu does it too.

Newest Vans (fs wallride from some bump to rail) ad J-Lay is riding Independents, and any time I've heard of people skating with Biebel he's got Ventures with the "V" rubbed off.  Most professionals will not stray from the big 3 (Indy, Thunder, Venture).

A.J.K.

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2010, 06:21:38 AM »
Only trucks that have broke with me or royals.  Right now i am skating my second pair of aces, and there really good.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2010, 12:21:12 PM »
MFS, email DLX. If you don't like the product they're going to make up for it with customer service. Damon's the nicest and he'll help you out, I know Locbrew got a set of Spitfire's replaced a little while back. [email protected]
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Weegee

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 08:47:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Newest Vans (fs wallride from some bump to rail) ad J-Lay is riding Independents, and any time I've heard of people skating with Biebel he's got Ventures with the "V" rubbed off.  Most professionals will not stray from the big 3 (Indy, Thunder, Venture).

I saw Ellington use Indy's once.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2010, 12:33:43 AM »
MFS, email DLX. If you don't like the product they're going to make up for it with customer service. Damon's the nicest and he'll help you out, I know Locbrew got a set of Spitfire's replaced a little while back. [email protected]

I live in Canada, Im not paying $15 bucks to send them my fucked trucks. Im gonna go buy some Indys on payday and hock my defects to someone for cheap, save myself the hassle.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2010, 08:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I liked taking the front one off with acetone so I could easily tell the front from the back truck.  I bet 90% of the dudes on silver don't ride those trucks.  Everyone I have ever known has completely hated those damn trucks.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2010, 08:05:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I liked taking the front one off with acetone so I could easily tell the front from the back truck.  I bet 90% of the dudes on silver don't ride those trucks.  Everyone I have ever known has completely hated those damn trucks.
I have a friend who has a pair and seems to like them. I don't know why, they don't feel that great. I keep telling him to get some Indys, if not then at least Thunder or something.

Scallywag crew!

Exile on MainSt.

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2010, 10:13:35 PM »
I had some thunders that lasted about a year. Most problematic trucks I've ever had. The axle stripped at least twice, the kingpin snapped, and they broke when my board hit the side of a ramp.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I saw Ellington use Indy's once.

O.M.G.