Author Topic: Barcelona  (Read 55207 times)

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Barcelona
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2022, 11:54:15 AM »
Under the W Hotel in Barceloneta there's a 30mt curb, waxed up and full of locals.
I just had lunch by this spot last week. The curb looked hella fun and there's a small stair set nearby. I don't recommend eating at the W, food was wildly overpriced and service was horrible.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 36
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2022, 02:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Under the W Hotel in Barceloneta there's a 30mt curb, waxed up and full of locals.
[close]
I just had lunch by this spot last week. The curb looked hella fun and there's a small stair set nearby. I don't recommend eating at the W, food was wildly overpriced and service was horrible.

Muy Bien

Gracias
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 04:35:07 AM by Jonny7.5Alive »

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2022, 04:34:52 AM »

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 67
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2022, 05:21:21 AM »
It’s in front of the World Trade Center barcelona

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2022, 07:04:18 AM »
Cheers bud

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 81
  • fellow texan living in the bay area
« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2022, 02:24:10 PM »
I'm visiting for 10 days in June with my partner, her sister and parents. I may have time to skate, but mostly there to enjoy the culture/scene, eat good food, drink, the beach and go sight-seeing. I'm looking for some recommendations for restaurants and spots to visit, eat at, etc. Also is there anything y'all would recommend that is a must do before heading back to the states?

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2022, 02:39:10 PM »
Hit me up if you need a skate buddy.

truthislie

• Rep: 35
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2022, 05:08:34 AM »
I'm visiting for 10 days in June with my partner, her sister and parents. I may have time to skate, but mostly there to enjoy the culture/scene, eat good food, drink, the beach and go sight-seeing. I'm looking for some recommendations for restaurants and spots to visit, eat at, etc. Also is there anything y'all would recommend that is a must do before heading back to the states?

There are lots of things to do, but I have to break it to you: You will probably regret visiting from the states for 10 days and not skating at least 5 of them. I can imagine itīs probably a bit difficult with partner and family to make time for it, but I would try to clear that specifically before going. Look for a skatebuddy on here and enjoy the shit out of it.

I am from Europe and went a couple of times, did a lot of the sightseeing/eating/drinking stuff too but mostly only when I took a "day off" from skating.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2022, 05:38:03 AM »

There's also a DIY parc called the picnic on Barceloneta Beach with a couple of good curbs, the floor sucks but the place is sick

https://youtu.be/H8e5mlLzo_I

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 81
  • fellow texan living in the bay area
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2022, 08:24:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There are lots of things to do, but I have to break it to you: You will probably regret visiting from the states for 10 days and not skating at least 5 of them. I can imagine itīs probably a bit difficult with partner and family to make time for it, but I would try to clear that specifically before going. Look for a skatebuddy on here and enjoy the shit out of it.

I am from Europe and went a couple of times, did a lot of the sightseeing/eating/drinking stuff too but mostly only when I took a "day off" from skating.

i appreciate the reply. i consider myself lucky just being able to visit, so even if i don't skate much, its fine tbh. i'm there to have a vacation first, spend quality time with my lady (we do long distance), and then if time allows, i'll try to skate lol.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2022, 01:27:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's also a DIY parc called the picnic on Barceloneta Beach with a couple of good curbs, the floor sucks but the place is sick

https://youtu.be/H8e5mlLzo_I

Most excellent

I'm going to be a resident from may 23rd

Muy Bien

Vernon Wells

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -2
  • Paydayyyyyyy
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2022, 03:26:54 PM »
Fixing to take a trip there in July. Any ya'll have recs on places to stay (hotel, hostels, etc)? Any intel is appreciated.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2022, 01:05:59 PM »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2022, 10:31:26 PM »
that's in vigo.