Author Topic: Barcelona  (Read 67058 times)

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Barcelona
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2022, 11:54:15 AM »
Under the W Hotel in Barceloneta there's a 30mt curb, waxed up and full of locals.
I just had lunch by this spot last week. The curb looked hella fun and there's a small stair set nearby. I don't recommend eating at the W, food was wildly overpriced and service was horrible.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2022, 02:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Under the W Hotel in Barceloneta there's a 30mt curb, waxed up and full of locals.
[close]
I just had lunch by this spot last week. The curb looked hella fun and there's a small stair set nearby. I don't recommend eating at the W, food was wildly overpriced and service was horrible.

Muy Bien

Gracias
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 04:35:07 AM by Jonny7.5Alive »

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2022, 04:34:52 AM »

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2022, 05:21:21 AM »
It’s in front of the World Trade Center barcelona

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2022, 07:04:18 AM »
Cheers bud

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 302
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2022, 02:24:10 PM »
I'm visiting for 10 days in June with my partner, her sister and parents. I may have time to skate, but mostly there to enjoy the culture/scene, eat good food, drink, the beach and go sight-seeing. I'm looking for some recommendations for restaurants and spots to visit, eat at, etc. Also is there anything y'all would recommend that is a must do before heading back to the states?

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2022, 02:39:10 PM »
Hit me up if you need a skate buddy.

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2022, 05:08:34 AM »
I'm visiting for 10 days in June with my partner, her sister and parents. I may have time to skate, but mostly there to enjoy the culture/scene, eat good food, drink, the beach and go sight-seeing. I'm looking for some recommendations for restaurants and spots to visit, eat at, etc. Also is there anything y'all would recommend that is a must do before heading back to the states?

There are lots of things to do, but I have to break it to you: You will probably regret visiting from the states for 10 days and not skating at least 5 of them. I can imagine it´s probably a bit difficult with partner and family to make time for it, but I would try to clear that specifically before going. Look for a skatebuddy on here and enjoy the shit out of it.

I am from Europe and went a couple of times, did a lot of the sightseeing/eating/drinking stuff too but mostly only when I took a "day off" from skating.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2022, 05:38:03 AM »

There's also a DIY parc called the picnic on Barceloneta Beach with a couple of good curbs, the floor sucks but the place is sick

https://youtu.be/H8e5mlLzo_I

notinternetfamous

« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2022, 08:24:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There are lots of things to do, but I have to break it to you: You will probably regret visiting from the states for 10 days and not skating at least 5 of them. I can imagine it´s probably a bit difficult with partner and family to make time for it, but I would try to clear that specifically before going. Look for a skatebuddy on here and enjoy the shit out of it.

I am from Europe and went a couple of times, did a lot of the sightseeing/eating/drinking stuff too but mostly only when I took a "day off" from skating.

i appreciate the reply. i consider myself lucky just being able to visit, so even if i don't skate much, its fine tbh. i'm there to have a vacation first, spend quality time with my lady (we do long distance), and then if time allows, i'll try to skate lol.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2022, 01:27:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's also a DIY parc called the picnic on Barceloneta Beach with a couple of good curbs, the floor sucks but the place is sick

https://youtu.be/H8e5mlLzo_I

Most excellent

I'm going to be a resident from may 23rd

Muy Bien

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2022, 01:05:59 PM »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2022, 10:31:26 PM »
that's in vigo.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2022, 03:16:01 AM »

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2022, 02:22:29 AM »
Anyone know the most up to date skate map ?

I'm using this one but it's missing some stuff

https://barcelonaskatespots.wordpress.com/skate-map/

GregHunts16mm

• Rep: 6
« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2022, 12:42:01 PM »
In Barcelona 4 the next 10 days 4 Primavera Sound. Can’t skate unfortunately due to injury. Anyone have any recommendations to do? Restaurants? Bars? Best place to score some weed?

notinternetfamous

« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2022, 04:16:21 PM »
In Barcelona 4 the next 10 days 4 Primavera Sound. Can’t skate unfortunately due to injury. Anyone have any recommendations to do? Restaurants? Bars? Best place to score some weed?
I'm also going to Primavera sound with my lady and her older sister. Skating isn't a huge priority for me either so I would also appreciate recommendations for things to do, restaurants, and bars. I assume you can score some gas by asking some local skaters lol that's what I did whenever I spent the summer in Germany

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2022, 05:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm also going to Primavera sound with my lady and her older sister. Skating isn't a huge priority for me either so I would also appreciate recommendations for things to do, restaurants, and bars. I assume you can score some gas by asking some local skaters lol that's what I did whenever I spent the summer in Germany

Join a cannabis club

Message The Goat BCN and they will give you membership. I get all my smoke there.

They even have a signed DGK Stevie Williams deck on the wall

GregHunts16mm

• Rep: 6
« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2022, 02:46:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Join a cannabis club

Message The Goat BCN and they will give you membership. I get all my smoke there.

I kept hearing about the cannabis clubs but also heard they didn’t fuck with tourists. Went to The Goat and it was so chill. €20 membership fee but after that the smoke is relatively inexpensive especially compared to CA dispos. Thanks for the recommendation, definitely worth checking out!

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #259 on: June 02, 2022, 03:48:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Join a cannabis club

[close]

I kept hearing about the cannabis clubs but also heard they didn’t fuck with tourists. Went to The Goat and it was so chill. €20 membership fee but after that the smoke is relatively inexpensive especially compared to CA dispos. Thanks for the recommendation, definitely worth checking out!

No problem man glad you enjoyed

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2022, 03:24:52 AM »
 Where is the spot at 1.36?

https://youtu.be/-zqZo4Ia-mE

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2022, 10:01:17 AM »
I'll be around for the next month. Down to link up and shred with whoever's around.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2022, 02:47:59 PM »
I'll be around for the next month. Down to link up and shred with whoever's around.

Yeah man where do you usually skate?

Born Plaza or slappy curb at the W for me. I'm pretty shit.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2022, 08:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah man where do you usually skate?

Born Plaza or slappy curb at the W for me. I'm pretty shit.

Down for either of those spots. Casual, everyday spot is prob Parallel for me. Picnic DIY is also chill. I do have a soft spot for Forum just because I like to skate that bump to flat but there's pretty much no shade there during the day. Nice that you can basically jump in the ocean after a session there.

I like Born, can get pretty crowded though. Shoot me a PM though and we can figure when/where works.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2022, 01:56:28 PM »
Just pm'd you

Anyone ever get hassled by the Moroccans down at Born? Or anywhere else in the city.

Had a few of them give me shit today at lunch time at Born plaza.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2022, 04:21:08 PM »
what did they want?

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2022, 12:17:02 AM »
what did they want?

Papers to roll into a joint but that quickly turned into money. They get pretty aggressive

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2022, 02:11:01 AM »
Where is the spot at 1.36?

https://youtu.be/-zqZo4Ia-mE

Near Bon Pastor/Baró de Viver, it's not the best area of Barcelona.

https://goo.gl/maps/1mTJeTBgwvoCwEr66

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: June 25, 2022, 02:14:46 AM »
Just pm'd you

Anyone ever get hassled by the Moroccans down at Born? Or anywhere else in the city.

Had a few of them give me shit today at lunch time at Born plaza.

I been living close to Raval/Born my whole live and I never get robbed/hassled. Just try to not leave stuff around and just ingnore them with a "no tengo, lo siento"

35mm

• Rep: 27
« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2022, 03:48:23 AM »
https://youtu.be/ZTDhESB0B98?t=330

Relevant video at 5:30 timestamp