Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4321134 times)

Lashes2ashes and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34050 on: January 21, 2023, 07:39:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I'm not a collab guy at all, but DC x Venture is one of the very rare exceptions where I think a collab makes sense. Copped these Manteca 4s for half off and love the fit.
[close]
Please let us know how they skate!
Manteca has been on my "to try" list but i gotta hold off , I've gotten waaaayy to many shoes recently.
[close]
I'd like to hear also how they skate
There hasn't been much feedback on the Manteca's around here
Someone must be skating them
[close]

Great shoe.
[close]

First session was an absolute blast! I mainly skated vulcs in the past 6 months, but I'm pretty sure these beauties made me into a cupsole guy. They somehow don't lack in boardfeel even though they're pretty supportive shoes, and the flick is real nice. Landed several personal nbds because it all just clicked immediately. From what I can tell from one 4 hour session they seem to hold up pretty well too. I'm afraid you're going to have to get some sooner or later, Moe.
That is 100% the answer I was looking for / afraid of.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: 8
« Reply #34051 on: January 21, 2023, 08:39:21 AM »
Pumas ive been skating for about 3 months, adidas skated about 1 month

Pumas have great board feel and nice and bendy but not too floppy - flick ages like wine when I first got them felt like I had soaped up grip or something now they flick like worn in vans - like you can really feel the flick or something lol . They hurt to jump in though.

Adidas we’re good but too many seems that easily fe thread after like 10 ollies so lots of shoe goo - I also like how they skate better without the Velcro strap which always just gave me worse hot pockets

pull over before you crash for thinking this was just another mixtape.
RIP fugluk

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #34052 on: January 23, 2023, 09:27:10 AM »

Been trying to find the 440's in my size for a long time to check if the hype was real.

One of the most comfy shoes I ever tried out of the box. I need to find a pair of hi's to skate them as soon as possible.

streetmeat

• Rep: 104
« Reply #34053 on: January 23, 2023, 12:59:36 PM »

loving these

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #34054 on: January 23, 2023, 01:31:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I'm not a collab guy at all, but DC x Venture is one of the very rare exceptions where I think a collab makes sense. Copped these Manteca 4s for half off and love the fit.
[close]
Manteca has been on my "to try" list but i gotta hold off , I've gotten waaaayy to many shoes recently.
[close]
[close]

Great shoe.
[close]

First session was an absolute blast! I mainly skated vulcs in the past 6 months, but I'm pretty sure these beauties made me into a cupsole guy. They somehow don't lack in boardfeel even though they're pretty supportive shoes, and the flick is real nice. Landed several personal nbds because it all just clicked immediately. From what I can tell from one 4 hour session they seem to hold up pretty well too. I'm afraid you're going to have to get some sooner or later, Moe.
[close]

Damn, these are cool. Are the DC Manteca 4 true to size? I want to try them but I am not sure which size to get since I never had DCs. I am a US 7 in Emerica and a US 7.5 in Lakai

fistful0dynamite

• Rep: 18
« Reply #34055 on: January 23, 2023, 05:13:43 PM »

just got some chive half cabs

scab

• Rep: 51
« Reply #34056 on: January 24, 2023, 01:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Great shoe.
[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn, these are cool. Are the DC Manteca 4 true to size? I want to try them but I am not sure which size to get since I never had DCs. I am a US 7 in Emerica and a US 7.5 in Lakai

I'd say they fit true to size, yeah. I'm usually a size 12 and the Mantecas fit perfectly. I've never had Emericas or Lakais, so I can't speak to how they might compare.

You're in Germany, right? DC is currently running a sale on Mantecas if you want to give them a shot: https://www.dcshoes.de/herren-kollektion-manteca/#?intcmp=manteca

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34057 on: January 24, 2023, 02:15:25 AM »
Imagine an avatar re-release.
Remember an Ryan Smith ad when he's crooking down some  handrail on the red/black/white ones.
Sexy af
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jebediah

• Rep: 71
« Reply #34058 on: January 24, 2023, 05:39:15 PM »

just got some chive half cabs

Damn those look much better than the promo pictures I've seen on stores
I think there was just too much twerking.  No serious organization can contain that level of twerking.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 94
« Reply #34059 on: January 25, 2023, 06:37:18 AM »

loving these

Me too man, skate them and you will love them even more.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #34060 on: January 25, 2023, 09:56:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Great shoe.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I'd say they fit true to size, yeah. I'm usually a size 12 and the Mantecas fit perfectly. I've never had Emericas or Lakais, so I can't speak to how they might compare.

You're in Germany, right? DC is currently running a sale on Mantecas if you want to give them a shot: https://www.dcshoes.de/herren-kollektion-manteca/#?intcmp=manteca
@dumptruck12 had a pair up on his Depop so I had to grab them

Love the fit. Hyped to skate these at some point

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #34061 on: January 25, 2023, 12:17:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Great shoe.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Gotta keep the @BartHarleyJarvis going for this page

Edit: damn I promise my pants aren't highwatered like that normally
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 02:52:05 PM by Made In China »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 324
« Reply #34062 on: January 25, 2023, 04:04:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Great shoe.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Gotta keep the @BartHarleyJarvis going for this page

Edit: damn I promise my pants aren't highwatered like that normally

Hah it reminds me of an amazing high water pants joke from Abbott Elementary:

“I heard you can’t find Liam or Chris because you look like you’re missing a couple of Hemsworths/hems worth”

scab

• Rep: 51
« Reply #34063 on: Today at 02:47:12 AM »

Hell yeah, those look sick!