Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8701689 times)

Slugboi22 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #39030 on: September 04, 2020, 07:52:40 AM »
kalis og/legacy combo looks wild.

i think they may have gone too far into balenciaga territory with these.

lukodas are kind of cool, haven't seen them in a color i liked so far though.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39031 on: September 04, 2020, 08:09:24 AM »

I see the lynx, kalis, AND legacy in that one shoe.  that's wild.  it also doesn't really look as bad i thought that combo would.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #39032 on: September 04, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Lakai, Make a monochrome Telford because the silhouette is already so AJ1/Dunkish that monochrome might help it be more of its own shoe. Powder blue will obviously look great but it will draw obvious connections to Carolina aj1’s
[close]

That’s the point

I understand that is the point but what I’m trying to argue is that it’s corny and knock off J’s are not the move. If the colorways were clean but not obvious Nike rip offs it would be dope and the nod to Nike classics would still be there with the silhouette. I do wanna get some Telford when they become available again but the colorways in that catalog were gross and I would just feel super odd with Carolina Telfords.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #39033 on: September 04, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lakai, Make a monochrome Telford because the silhouette is already so AJ1/Dunkish that monochrome might help it be more of its own shoe. Powder blue will obviously look great but it will draw obvious connections to Carolina aj1’s
[close]

That’s the point
[close]

I understand that is the point but what I’m trying to argue is that it’s corny and knock off J’s are not the move. If the colorways were clean but not obvious Nike rip offs it would be dope and the nod to Nike classics would still be there with the silhouette. I do wanna get some Telford when they become available again but the colorways in that catalog were gross and I would just feel super odd with Carolina Telfords.

Skateboarding has a rich and storied tradition of ripping off/paying homage to Jordan, from SLB putting 23 on his shoes (and naming a board brand that) to several of Koston eS’s and the brand’s adoption of the elephant print.   I think it only seems so weird now because Jordan’s are so prominent now in all cultures

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39034 on: September 06, 2020, 06:15:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s the point
[close]

[close]

Skateboarding has a rich and storied tradition of ripping off/paying homage to Jordan, from SLB putting 23 on his shoes (and naming a board brand that) to several of Koston eS’s and the brand’s adoption of the elephant print.   I think it only seems so weird now because Jordan’s are so prominent now in all cultures

I’m aware. I guess it’s just my humble opinion. Sal Barbier’s homages to Jordan were all sick in my opinion because they would not be mistaken as trying to pass as legit Jordan related merchandise, aside from maybe a few twenty three skateboards graphics but those were sick in the context of a board graphics where bootleg type design just seems more sick to me idk.

The Koston es’s with elephant print were kinda lame in my humble opinion. Thats’s just doin to much. Like when Sal used elements of the Jordan 9 his SLB model, that is sick because it’s a little more subtle. The Jordan 9 perforation stripes are a little less in your face than the elephant print which literally just screams Jordan 3. Previously, when Sal put 23 on his Sal 23 it’s sick because despite using Jordan’s number they are obviously not trying to pass a Jordan and that shoe became its own cultural icon within skateboarding.

Sorry for the ramble rant lol
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #39035 on: September 06, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s the point
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m aware. I guess it’s just my humble opinion. Sal Barbier’s homages to Jordan were all sick in my opinion because they would not be mistaken as trying to pass as legit Jordan related merchandise, aside from maybe a few twenty three skateboards graphics but those were sick in the context of a board graphics where bootleg type design just seems more sick to me idk.

The Koston es’s with elephant print were kinda lame in my humble opinion. Thats’s just doin to much. Like when Sal used elements of the Jordan 9 his SLB model, that is sick because it’s a little more subtle. The Jordan 9 perforation stripes are a little less in your face than the elephant print which literally just screams Jordan 3. Previously, when Sal put 23 on his Sal 23 it’s sick because despite using Jordan’s number they are obviously not trying to pass a Jordan and that shoe became its own cultural icon within skateboarding.

Hah I think 23 skateboards became Aesthetics for the very reason that it could be confused with Jordan merchandise (see the new SLB releases with the 23 turned into an eS) but I understand what you mean.   I think in the pre-street wear/hype beast days, Jordan homages were a lot cooler as they were for the initiated, whereas now, you can tell it’s trend chasing.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #39036 on: September 06, 2020, 02:38:20 PM »

I might get some more symbols.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -28
« Reply #39037 on: September 07, 2020, 01:27:32 AM »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39038 on: September 07, 2020, 05:31:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s the point
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hah I think 23 skateboards became Aesthetics for the very reason that it could be confused with Jordan merchandise (see the new SLB releases with the 23 turned into an eS) but I understand what you mean.   I think in the pre-street wear/hype beast days, Jordan homages were a lot cooler as they were for the initiated, whereas now, you can tell it’s trend chasing.

I mean within black communities in the US Jordan models have consistently been hot for 35 years to varying degrees. The rest of the world is just catching up.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #39039 on: September 07, 2020, 07:16:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s the point
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean within black communities in the US Jordan models have consistently been hot for 35 years to varying degrees. The rest of the world is just catching up.
Lol when I was a kid I remember getting roasted for years because I never had a pair of Js, but I’m sure my mom was hyped to only spend $50-$70 for skate shoes.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39040 on: September 07, 2020, 11:17:28 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #39041 on: September 07, 2020, 11:29:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I see the lynx, kalis, AND legacy in that one shoe.  that's wild.  it also doesn't really look as bad i thought that combo would.
i think the all white or all black work. some of the other ones are a bit wild tbh.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #39042 on: September 07, 2020, 12:56:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s the point
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Lol when I was a kid I remember getting roasted for years because I never had a pair of Js, but I’m sure my mom was hyped to only spend $50-$70 for skate shoes.

My moms boyfriend managed a footlocker and was from the hood of Philly. Safe to say my little white ass had all the Jordan’s and timbs as a kid. Gained a lot attention from the black kids at school and in the neighborhood that I didn’t understand for years. Even in high school I was so confused by the hype around both cause I had so many pairs as a kid.thought it was just another shoe.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -28
« Reply #39043 on: September 08, 2020, 02:53:20 AM »

Why in the world would anyone buy these over a Vans slip on? Definitely much better than those hideous Riley Hawks with the strap though.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #39044 on: September 08, 2020, 08:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why in the world would anyone buy these over a Vans slip on? Definitely much better than those hideous Riley Hawks with the strap though.

Maaaayyyybe the heel liner. I'll give em credit for that, although I've never tried them.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #39045 on: September 08, 2020, 08:27:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maaaayyyybe the heel liner. I'll give em credit for that, although I've never tried them.

The G6 insoles from the pair of the laced version I had wasn’t foam but gel instead. That could be why.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Rayden

• Rep: -4
« Reply #39046 on: September 08, 2020, 08:48:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have you tried them before making this comment? I'm a Vans fanboy and it's basically the only thing i skate, but after skating the emerica version I would choose them over the vans slip-ons every time.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #39047 on: September 08, 2020, 09:11:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s the point
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I had Sal 23’s in middle school and got roasted daily for having “fake Jordan’s.”

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #39048 on: September 08, 2020, 09:38:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Have you tried them before making this comment? I'm a Vans fanboy and it's basically the only thing i skate, but after skating the emerica version I would choose them over the vans slip-ons every time.

Mine literally disintegrated from the inside and I stopped skating them after about a week.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #39049 on: September 08, 2020, 10:56:27 AM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #39050 on: September 08, 2020, 11:05:11 AM »
Now that I see them they don't look half bad. The black and blue ones look good.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #39051 on: September 08, 2020, 12:17:32 PM »
Now that I see them they don't look half bad. The black and blue ones look good.
I hate that I want a pair.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #39052 on: September 08, 2020, 12:29:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Mine literally disintegrated from the inside and I stopped skating them after about a week.

After my first pair of wino slips I went back to vans and the vans wasn’t as comfortable wasn’t as nice. I wore them to do yard work and bought another pair of wino slips. Ended up tossing the vans out to see if someone would take them. Sucks you had issues with the winos you had. The ones I have has hands down beat vans Slips in every department. Now if emerica will just make a wino slip cup! With that flick shield from the Dickson. 

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2245
« Reply #39053 on: September 08, 2020, 12:31:54 PM »
Those DC mash ups are so fucking bad that I actually burst out laughing at the concept. It's like someone put on a pair of Lynx and kept stepping into progressively worse shoes as DC got more and more terrible.

ballintoohard

« Reply #39054 on: September 08, 2020, 12:36:55 PM »
Been wearing Vans slip ons for 25 years and just got some Winos. Winos are less bulky and to me have a better insole. I don't like the current Vans insoles they're too damn thick and bulky. The Winos seem to be wearing less so far. Definitely stoked on them.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #39055 on: September 08, 2020, 12:42:15 PM »

society has progressed past the need for DC shoes
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #39056 on: September 08, 2020, 12:45:41 PM »
Those DC mash ups are so fucking bad that I actually burst out laughing at the concept. It's like someone put on a pair of Lynx and kept stepping into progressively worse shoes as DC got more and more terrible.

Haha. For real. But amazed Kalis can do such a good tre flip with them. Even with his 90s look still, those shoes look fucking gigantic.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #39057 on: September 08, 2020, 12:47:33 PM »
Does anyone know when those blue Puig adidas release?

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #39058 on: September 08, 2020, 12:53:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

After my first pair of wino slips I went back to vans and the vans wasn’t as comfortable wasn’t as nice. I wore them to do yard work and bought another pair of wino slips. Ended up tossing the vans out to see if someone would take them. Sucks you had issues with the winos you had. The ones I have has hands down beat vans Slips in every department. Now if emerica will just make a wino slip cup! With that flick shield from the Dickson.
We have something special in the works  :)

Stoked to see how many of you have tried them coming from Vans. I was always a fan of the Vans slips but haven't gone back to them since getting the Winos when they first came out.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39059 on: September 08, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me