Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8692495 times)

FROTHY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #39390 on: October 02, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »
It's a reissue of a shoe that was designed back when Emerica was trying to figure out what its logo was. Besides the obvious reebok club nods, I'm pretty sure it's just trying to be an Emerica Gamma.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #39391 on: October 02, 2020, 11:54:11 AM »
I forget if a full image of these has been shown on here...

@EmericaTM do you know if these are the only 2 colors coming out? They look nice.
For Spring 21, yes those are the only 2 colorways as we also have the Tilt dropping in that same season. We have more colorways of the Gamma coming out throughout the year as well as some 1 or 2 rider colorways.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2230
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39392 on: October 02, 2020, 12:17:56 PM »
Expand Quote
I forget if a full image of these has been shown on here...

@EmericaTM do you know if these are the only 2 colors coming out? They look nice.
[close]

Emerica Crockett lows

Very few things on Slap annoy me as much as when some turd tries to compare a shoe to another that looks nothing like it. And it happens a lot.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #39393 on: October 02, 2020, 12:21:40 PM »
Same. So many people on here are blind to so many shoe details.

Those look really good though!

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #39394 on: October 02, 2020, 01:12:09 PM »
Maybe those are samples, but those Emericas look counterfeit or something. Every time I look at this shoe - which I should like in theory (simple cupsole with clean panels, in tasteful colours), I notice a new thing about them that makes me mad. The shape of them looks like you're looking at them in a funhouse mirror - the toebox is too long, and the heel counter looks dramatically curved inward on your achilles tendon. The tongue looks disproportionately big for the shoe. The dark one (can't tell if it's navy or black) looks like different suede on the toe versus the rest of the shoe. They generally look bad and cheaply made. I don't care for the look of that rubber under the toe - looks like you sprayed your shoes with Flex Seal. I don't really like rubber underlays on shoes in general (I find it messes with the fit when they start to stretch out), but it should at least be hidden (like Vans does with Duracap). I detest this shoe.

sayjackson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #39395 on: October 02, 2020, 01:38:36 PM »
Wino G6 slip ons feel like absolute shit and offer no cushioning - you may as well be walking barefoot on steel.
if you choose those over Vans Slip On Pros, you deserve to suffer.

the only way any Emerica G6 stuff is worth a damn, is when it's on a cupsole model - that shit is actually great

to you. i wore vans slip on pros yesterday. walking around in my slip on g6’s today thinking “damn why would i ever get a pair of vans slip ons when these exist”.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #39396 on: October 02, 2020, 01:46:01 PM »
Yeah, I'd take the Wino G6 over some Slip On Pros any day - the problem is the damn QC with Emerica getting two pairs of shoes to fit the same is damn near impossible.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #39397 on: October 02, 2020, 03:28:21 PM »
Maybe those are samples, but those Emericas look counterfeit or something. Every time I look at this shoe - which I should like in theory (simple cupsole with clean panels, in tasteful colours), I notice a new thing about them that makes me mad. The shape of them looks like you're looking at them in a funhouse mirror - the toebox is too long, and the heel counter looks dramatically curved inward on your achilles tendon. The tongue looks disproportionately big for the shoe. The dark one (can't tell if it's navy or black) looks like different suede on the toe versus the rest of the shoe. They generally look bad and cheaply made. I don't care for the look of that rubber under the toe - looks like you sprayed your shoes with Flex Seal. I don't really like rubber underlays on shoes in general (I find it messes with the fit when they start to stretch out), but it should at least be hidden (like Vans does with Duracap). I detest this shoe.

agreed, the product pic looks rough. black pair looks like something i'd expect from straye. the white pair looks better.

the rubber is a bit distracting on here. it was alright and tastefully shown in the latest reynolds model, but ruins the classic appeal. and makes them look less like the old gamma. the shape isn't really comparable... these have more of a club c silhouette for sure. old gammas were more like the airwalks and and dway pros at the time. the new gammas almost look a bit blown up like the es accel og. sals were okayish but also not true to their old shape in my opinion and nothing more but a retooled accel slim. with a shorter toebox. honorable mention to vans for the agah remake, that shoe was overall disappointing imo, also didn't really have the og shape or toebox and fell apart walking around in it in two weeks.

at this point i feel like soletech is clueless how to do any real reissues apart from etnies, which are the only sole tech barnd that does it right. they just remake the old models exactly how they were. make a mc rap exactly how it was. es is giving us botched redesigns, flimsy accel slims and phatted up ogs, and emerica turns its own classic styles into clones. it's fucked up.

emericas were my most bought shoes for years, but even though i was anticipating and felt a slight hype for these i don't think this redesign hits the spot. and overall something is just off about the shoes. i can't really describe it. it's like even when they try out stuff, like with the rubber caps, it always looks forced and wrong. like it wasn't part of the initial design, but like the designer thought the shoe is boring, so we add rubber here and there to make it look techier and trendy, but it's still a basic vulc shoe. it's unfortunate emerica was ahead of their time with the first westgate shoe and couldn't capitalize on that. the shoes seem designed without confidence, more like they are not sure what would work and can't commit.

and lastly i don't vibe with the full on stoner rock/desert/ditch skater vibe. not feeling the sweaty cigarettes and gasoline type atmosphere the edits have now. it's like sons of anarchy, the skate shoe brand. i can't relate to this shit, living in a colder region i miss variety of styles and spots in the videos, but it makes sense now that emerica dropped all their cool euro riders and also gosha konyshev because they wouldn't fly over to skate some fucking bank to rail in the middle of nowhere in the inland empire. gotta get that ditch footage, bro. gotta have a clip of some trick on a picnic table somewhere in the goddamn desert. it's boring as fuck and all the riders except spanky and leo look they smell like old cheap beer and never shower. i'm too old for this shit.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 03:46:39 PM by Frank »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #39398 on: October 02, 2020, 03:44:19 PM »

DC's are half size up/half size small for me.

thanks dude. appreciate the advice

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #39399 on: October 02, 2020, 05:29:50 PM »

Expand Quote
DC's are half size up/half size small for me.
[close]

thanks dude. appreciate the advice

Yup, half size up for me too. Ordered some Legacy OG's internationally before in my true size and found out I can't wear them or return them, really annoying.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #39400 on: October 03, 2020, 06:02:32 AM »
I don’t know what makes you guys think that those clearly navy Gamma’s are black

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #39401 on: October 03, 2020, 07:19:56 AM »

i actually love these. super clean colorway, and I'm always down for a shoe with a story  ;)

Adidas.com has these and 30% off with code OCTOBER

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #39402 on: October 03, 2020, 10:47:07 AM »
I don’t know what makes you guys think that those clearly navy Gamma’s are black

probably my contrast or gamma settings

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #39403 on: October 03, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »
Crystal sole Carrolls are out.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39404 on: October 03, 2020, 02:31:20 PM »
Not surprisingly this new Axion reboot is off to a really bad start. All the marketing is corny as hell and reeks of some Circa/Fallen reboot shit.

First glimpse they gave of shoes looks like vulcs and there's a slip on. I actually hate #bringbackthepuff type dudes and am totally down for slimmer versions of classics, but an Axion slip on? Totally pointless. They keep telling people in comments "There's gonna be something for everyone." and teasing that they're releasing classic models, but does this look like a post from a brand that's gonna do anything right?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #39405 on: October 03, 2020, 02:43:38 PM »
Not surprisingly this new Axion reboot is off to a really bad start. All the marketing is corny as hell and reeks of some Circa/Fallen reboot shit.

First glimpse they gave of shoes looks like vulcs and there's a slip on. I actually hate #bringbackthepuff type dudes and am totally down for slimmer versions of classics, but an Axion slip on? Totally pointless. They keep telling people in comments "There's gonna be something for everyone." and teasing that they're releasing classic models, but does this look like a post from a brand that's gonna do anything right?

As long as I can get a reasonable facsimile of a guy Mariano 1, they can collab with Lena Dunham for all I care. 

And if they don’t have one, especially with those shoe boxes, they deserved to be cast into the pits of Tartarus

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #39406 on: October 03, 2020, 02:58:46 PM »
The dark one (can't tell if it's navy or black) looks like different suede on the toe versus the rest of the shoe.

Maybe EmericaTM can back me up, but I'm pretty sure the toe is altogether a different material. The side panels on my figgy dose's looks about the same, some sort of synth suede.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39407 on: October 03, 2020, 03:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As long as I can get a reasonable facsimile of a guy Mariano 1, they can collab with Lena Dunham for all I care. 

And if they don’t have one, especially with those shoe boxes, they deserved to be cast into the pits of Tartarus

Well if you can't get a Mariano, at least you'll can get a sweet Axion lanyard bro.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39408 on: October 03, 2020, 04:00:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Well if you can't get a Mariano, at least you'll can get a sweet Axion lanyard bro.

Reebok rebranded with a very similar logo to axion’s.  Can’t imagine that going in axions favor

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #39409 on: October 03, 2020, 04:01:49 PM »
I really don't understand how eS can consistently put out shoes that are exactly what I do NOT want when there are so many random people on the internet designing eS shoes for fun in their spare time that are EXACTLY what I want.

What filthy piece of shit did they do now?

I've just received the email of the Quattro release, and gotta admit that's exactly what I want from them.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #39410 on: October 03, 2020, 04:50:11 PM »

jesus christ, is it so hard to get a competent photo-g. and who are these clowns?

sick lanyard though, i will definetly cop that!

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39411 on: October 03, 2020, 05:07:21 PM »
sort of looks like jamie tancowny, sierra fellers and nick merlino maybe?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #39412 on: October 03, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »

what?!

you got to be shitting me.

the crew looks like the promo team at a long beach dub all stars cover band convention.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #39413 on: October 03, 2020, 06:32:22 PM »

Cause that's exactly who it is

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 31
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #39414 on: October 03, 2020, 06:32:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what?!

the crew looks like the promo team at a long beach dub all stars cover band convention.

Thats def merlino on the right

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #39415 on: October 03, 2020, 06:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what?!

[close]

Thats def merlino on the right

then i'm not buying that lanyard.

Glurmpz

« Reply #39416 on: October 03, 2020, 08:07:26 PM »

Those 3 guys as your starting team is all anyone with half a brain needs to see to know this is doomed.

Imagine actually wearing a lanyard when you're not required to at a trade show?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39417 on: October 03, 2020, 08:15:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those 3 guys as your starting team is all anyone with half a brain needs to see to know this is doomed.

Imagine actually wearing a lanyard when you're not required to at a trade show?

Or a 1st semester college freshman at the cafeteria

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #39418 on: October 03, 2020, 08:22:22 PM »
So they're bringing back Dekline, but calling it Axion? I'm confused?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #39419 on: October 03, 2020, 08:49:00 PM »
Good for Merlino. Hoping Janie makes a career comeback.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.