Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8692585 times)

SlapTM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 242
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #39420 on: October 03, 2020, 08:53:29 PM »
I don’t know what makes you guys think that those clearly navy Gamma’s are black
Not sure why they look navy in that photo but they are indeed Black/Gum.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39421 on: October 03, 2020, 09:15:33 PM »
Not sure if posted but Philadelphia Eagles colroway of SW1s

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39422 on: October 03, 2020, 09:31:33 PM »
Those came out not too long ago. I think they dropped along the white/gum color.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Glurmpz

« Reply #39423 on: October 03, 2020, 10:05:21 PM »
So they're bringing back Dekline, but calling it Axion? I'm confused?

They actually brought Dekline back years ago and named it State.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #39424 on: October 03, 2020, 10:06:26 PM »

Boy, do I have a surprise for you
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/DC_Williams_Slim_S_Shoes/descpage-DCWSBGN.html
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #39425 on: October 03, 2020, 10:18:00 PM »
^ And if you don't like that surprise, I have an even nicer surprise:

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Supra_Muska_2000_Shoes/descpage-SUM2BW.html

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #39426 on: October 03, 2020, 10:19:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Boy, do I have a surprise for you
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/DC_Williams_Slim_S_Shoes/descpage-DCWSBGN.html

God I am late. I was browsing someone's IG and saw that the person worked at DC and made that color way. I guess he might have posted it late or something.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #39427 on: October 04, 2020, 01:55:23 AM »
I'm getting a strong feeling that Axion 3.0 is going to be a bad version of Axion 2.0, which was already a really bad version of Axion 1.0, which never really had much going for it. That said, if they produce an accurate Mariano reissue, I will not hesitate to buy a pair.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #39428 on: October 04, 2020, 02:32:06 AM »
I'm getting a strong feeling that Axion 3.0 is going to be a bad version of Axion 2.0, which was already a really bad version of Axion 1.0, which never really had much going for it. That said, if they produce an accurate Mariano reissue, I will not hesitate to buy a pair.

Is there any talk of a team or is this just a pure nostalgia money grab?

Did someone say Emerica is reissuing the Gamma? Any info or pics? That's a good shoe.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #39429 on: October 04, 2020, 02:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did someone say Emerica is reissuing the Gamma? Any info or pics? That's a good shoe.

Many of these answers can be readily found a page back

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #39430 on: October 04, 2020, 04:16:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Many of these answers can be readily found a page back
Shit, thanks. I'm no longer excited about any of what I asked.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #39431 on: October 04, 2020, 10:13:02 AM »
Not sure why I got my hopes up but I am beyond bummed by that Axion shit. Do these people not know what Axion was? How fucking hard could it be to recreate something decent from that? The release still hasn't been so I can't be 100% but...

Hey people who run Axion, here's a quick guide on how you should have revived your shit:

- 90's aesthetic with a slight east coast vibe
- OG inspired silhouettes
- Find ams with smooth style and baggier pants
- More fresh than hesh
- More goldchains than dreamcatchers

What you shouldn't do / not have done:

- Make a bunch of vulcs
- Sponsor skinny pant generic socal boys
- More hesh than fresh feel
- Sponsor people who wear beanie in 90 degree weather

There's a way to go and we'll see about the release but not hyped by what I've seen so far. I hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:32:27 AM by Deekay »

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #39432 on: October 04, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »
That slipon trailer is terrible, the team... so far looking like another reboot where the people involved have no idea what they're doing or how to inject any image or style into  brand. We'll see the quality of the reissues but it's not looking good.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
« Reply #39433 on: October 04, 2020, 01:43:54 PM »
Holy shit I thought that dude sort of looked like Merlino but no way in a million years did I think anyone redoing Axion would be dumb enough to put him on the team. Tawncony, Fellers, and Merlino could not be more opposite than the feel of Axion. This shit is doomed. Even if they do 1:1 reissues.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #39434 on: October 04, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »
Holy shit I thought that dude sort of looked like Merlino but no way in a million years did I think anyone redoing Axion would be dumb enough to put him on the team. Tawncony, Fellers, and Merlino could not be more opposite than the feel of Axion. This shit is doomed. Even if they do 1:1 reissues.

off to a good start with a white vulc slip on, hehe.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39435 on: October 04, 2020, 03:07:11 PM »

I don’t think they have the money to prise anyone away from a big 4 shoe contract and I wouldn’t risk flow on something that might last.  That would leave basically eS (riders?  Interns?) that would actually fit the aesthetic or, what they ended up with, whomever doesn’t have a shoe sponsor

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #39436 on: October 04, 2020, 03:36:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t think they have the money to prise anyone away from a big 4 shoe contract and I wouldn’t risk flow on something that might last.  That would leave basically eS (riders?  Interns?) that would actually fit the aesthetic or, what they ended up with, whomever doesn’t have a shoe sponsor

i could think of a couple riders that would fit, but none of them would jump ship for a fledgeling relaunch such as this. but it would never be like back in the day. but...

imagine an axion relaunch with kareem, b.a., gino and guy. they do the last resort thing, but in sporty and with their own old designs. this time in high quality. at least three of the dudes have now experience at the no 1 sporting goods brand in designing a shoe or parts of it. the other dude(kareem) has become smart with his money after his skatecareer ended. could work out. and then they just release their old promodels, maybe slightly updated, one after another, a few months apart. they could keep it small and focused, sell out of their stock, maybe even do it on the side while being on nike at the same time.

dreams...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39437 on: October 04, 2020, 06:44:41 PM »
↑ you’re using way too much logic there big guy!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pray4mebyname

• Rep: 4
« Reply #39438 on: October 05, 2020, 07:32:47 AM »
You are spot on. Axion just completely blew any sort of comeback they were trying to make.

Not sure why I got my hopes up but I am beyond bummed by that Axion shit. Do these people not know what Axion was? How fucking hard could it be to recreate something decent from that? The release still hasn't been so I can't be 100% but...

Hey people who run Axion, here's a quick guide on how you should have revived your shit:

- 90's aesthetic with a slight east coast vibe
- OG inspired silhouettes
- Find ams with smooth style and baggier pants
- More fresh than hesh
- More goldchains than dreamcatchers

What you shouldn't do / not have done:

- Make a bunch of vulcs
- Sponsor skinny pant generic socal boys
- More hesh than fresh feel
- Sponsor people who wear beanie in 90 degree weather

There's a way to go and we'll see about the release but not hyped by what I've seen so far. I hope I'm wrong.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #39439 on: October 05, 2020, 07:39:15 AM »
↑ you’re using way too much logic there big guy!
What is the logic in having a bunch of 45 year old dudes — many of whom are completely over skateboarding — become the face of a brand that's trying to sell shoes to teenagers?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39440 on: October 05, 2020, 11:02:06 AM »
Something fishy with the air bubble situation, but otherwise they did a good thing.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #39441 on: October 05, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »
im actually surprised at how good they look

Junglist

« Reply #39442 on: October 05, 2020, 11:13:22 AM »
Well Gino said in a bob shirt interview that the air bubbles in his axion shoes were just plastic things on the outside, with no actual air, so I’m sure it’s the same

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #39443 on: October 05, 2020, 11:22:09 AM »
Expand Quote

i actually love these. super clean colorway, and I'm always down for a shoe with a story  ;)
[close]

Adidas.com has these and 30% off with code OCTOBER

Thanks!  I had a really hard time entering my payment info on the adidas site for some reason.  It was probably because I was a bit crossfaded.  I actually tried using my laptop and phone, and was frustrated and gave up.

The next day I woke up and had an email from them confirming my order.  Don't shop online when your drunk.  I feel like I could've accidentally ended up with 2 or 3 pairs...

ballintoohard

« Reply #39444 on: October 05, 2020, 11:27:26 AM »
How many of you skated Axion? The shoe store my Mom took me to growing up only had Axion, Airwalk, Globe, and Vans. Axion were the most fresh so I got those for like 2 years straight and thought they were the shit till I actually skated another brand of shoes and realized how lackluster they really were. They did last quite long it seemed, but the midsole and sole were hot garbage.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #39445 on: October 05, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
Yeah I’m not buying into the new Axion. Super surprised they pulled off that Mariano retro, those are slick, but fuck this it’s not the same Axion as when I was a kid, which tbh was “cooler” than it was as actually good. My first skate shoes were Axions. By 2001 my homies were calling them “Wackshions”
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
« Reply #39446 on: October 05, 2020, 12:57:54 PM »
Something fishy with the air bubble situation, but otherwise they did a good thing.

Interesting plot twist. How you gonna do this but have Nick Merlino on the team?

How many of you skated Axion?

I had tons back in the day. Some of them like the KCK, Mariano, and Elite were good, but also I had the Aries which everyone still talks about and it was so unskateable even in an era of unskateable shoes that I got rid of them after 3-4 sessions.

By 2001 my homies were calling them “Wackshions”

Yeah when you look back at it Axion only had a few good seasons. They went downhill really quick by the time they started making some nylon running shoe and giving Caine Gayle a pro shoe.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #39447 on: October 05, 2020, 03:01:27 PM »
Who out of the 3 new Axion riders is actually gonna wear that Mariano reissue?
Talk about producing a product completely opposite of who you chose to market the brand.

Somebody has to know what corporate conglomeration is behind this mess...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39448 on: October 05, 2020, 03:03:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Interesting plot twist. How you gonna do this but have Nick Merlino on the team?

Expand Quote
How many of you skated Axion?
[close]

I had tons back in the day. Some of them like the KCK, Mariano, and Elite were good, but also I had the Aries which everyone still talks about and it was so unskateable even in an era of unskateable shoes that I got rid of them after 3-4 sessions.

Expand Quote
By 2001 my homies were calling them “Wackshions”
[close]

Yeah when you look back at it Axion only had a few good seasons. They went downhill really quick by the time they started making some nylon running shoe and giving Caine Gayle a pro shoe.

I was desperate to get these and had to settle for the official which keeps emerging in the IG comments as a shoe people want back that baffles me.   BA doing that line in the Marianos in Jump Off a Building is seared into my head as the coolest look.   Don’t think I even can remember Mariano wearing them

sus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39449 on: October 05, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »

If you wanna throw Jahmir Brown, John Shanahan, or Tiago in a pair of these, then maybe, just maybe i'll buy a pair

i dunno who in their right mind thought this team would be fiting for Axion footwear, this team could pass as Dekline 2.0 at its best. Maybe even a new C1rca if that