Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8697430 times)

jakeumms and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #40620 on: January 09, 2021, 05:57:09 AM »
that "we only add skaters (dudes) who fit in the van" statement is really tone deaf in 2021

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #40621 on: January 09, 2021, 06:34:17 AM »
that "we only add skaters (dudes) who fit in the van" statement is really tone deaf in 2021

Yeah that bad for sure.

Miller92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #40622 on: January 09, 2021, 09:30:13 AM »
those etnies calli vulc x sheep collab shoes are straight HEAT.

whats funny is out of all 3 sole tech brands Etnies seems like the only one that knows exactly who it is and who it can be.

Love the call back to the early 00's logo, callicut references, etc.

Emerica on the other hand...needs some serious work imo.  Keep the green logo and change everything else. 

i do love the gamma and that mid-top shoe tho. something different yet feels relevant.

but no more fucking droning Earthless songs, green tint on footage, long beach skating boringness in your videos BROOOO

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #40623 on: January 09, 2021, 09:41:52 AM »
I hope Jordan Powell is gonna be one of the ams announced for emerica.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #40624 on: January 09, 2021, 09:42:46 AM »
I hope Jordan Powell is gonna be one of the ams announced for emerica.
Jordan is the raddest dude. He's been out with us every weekend and came on our last trip which he killed it on. 

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also think the white ones look good. Also curious what’s in the box?!

Also @TheAmericanAntique  if you’re talking about her stitching on the toe cap I think that’s where the flick shield may be.
These grey ones look fucking great.

[close]
full catalog link here
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/Emerica-SP21-Catalog1/42/
[close]

So check this out, Emerica needs to find out who’s behind all those designs and seriously fire them. As a Emerica fan, I have never been more disgusted with a catalog from them. Those extra rubber shoes are gross. Stop trying to sell the reynolds vulc, them shits are dumb and no little kid wants them. Printed shoes? Yuck, seriously, let’s try again next season...embarrassment to a great company
[close]
Stop selling one of the top selling shoes? Great idea.

Expand Quote
Dear @EmericaTM
Some thoughts on a possible/hopeful 2021 relevancy:
Romero, Dickson, Spanky, Provost, Servold, and Leabres are sick. Your team is pretty much interchangeable though. The handrail hammer stoner metal tight jeans aesthetic is cool but if all your riders besides Spanky follow that template then they seem like legos. Interchangeable. Consider sponsoring some new, unique talents. A tech skater, a GX 1000 hill bombing psychopath, or a Fancy Lad type might be nice. I love Servold but I don't ever need to see him bs boardslide another handrail.
Christ-on-a-crutch... you gotta get some women and people of color representing your brand. C'mon man.
Get some ams.
Make tee shirts, hats, jackets, etc that are inspired. You've been phoning it in there for years. The Emerica logo is cool but you need to consider that it isn't enough to warrant a clothing purchase. Look to Indy, Spitfire, and Thrasher as brands that take their softgoods seriously.
Having insoles available for purchase is a fantastic idea. Vans insoles are garbage. Footprint is a dumpster fire and you guys could really do well with some cool tech and possible variety.
Make interesting video edits. Your instagram is like a wasteland besides reposts. Content of high quality breeds interest and brand loyalty: Polar is a good example. And when you look back at Green and note that Dickson didn't get a SOTY nod then that should tell you something about the failure of a formulaic approach since he killed it in that video.
The Gamma seems like a step in the right direction. Diversify and excel. The Shifter boot was cool. Not everything has to be Vans-Lite.
I think you might benefit from studying NB# as a company that learned from its failures.
Interact with skateboarding. Listen- we want you to do well but we can't save you. Ultimately the young skaters decide whats up and they are finicky and uneducated about Emerica's influential history. They need to feel represented and psyched.
Please don't be salty about this, Tim. I'm generally hoping you guys come out swinging for 2021. The Gamma looks nice. Jon Dickson is beyond incredible and Spanky is a wonderful, far out freak. Good luck! <3
[close]
Hey dude. Not salty at all. With that said, I will explain a few things. I can see what you're saying about the team but there is more than just tight pants wearing handrail skaters as there are also skaters like Spanky, Winkowski, Leabres. With that said we have several new riders being announced this year including some ams. What most people don't seem to understand is that getting new riders takes time and isn't as easy as it may seem like. It doesn't happen overnight and filming parts, shooting ads, putting together a video, putting out a proper announcement  etc. takes time. Regarding the whole "you need (insert race/gender/sex orientation) skater" doesn't make sense to me. There's nothing wrong with being diverse and that's what we're doing but we're doing it naturally instead of forcing it. Nobody is getting on the team for any reason other than them being an awesome skater and being able to hang in the van. Point blank, somebody's skin color isn't going to get them on the team, their skating is and that's all that matters. For the record, we have tried to hook up all sorts of diverse people based off of their skating. Some say yes and some say no and that's just the way it works. If you follow our Instagram like it seems like you do, then you would see that we hook up a lot of talented skaters regardless of their skin color. Regarding the apparel, do you think we've only made logo apparel? We've done full apparel collections with dudes like Spanky consisting all of his art, Dickson apparel, and a ton of cut and sew. Not sure if you saw in the catalog or not but the G6 Foam insoles are actually being sold individually already. Go look at our Instagram again and you will see half of our content is from us whether it's product, photos/video from our videos or ads or just clips that day of me going out skating with the team. Instagram is a great platform and everybody reposts and if it's all we were doing, then yeah I'd have to agree with you. As much as social media is a necessity, it seems like you take it a little too seriously and expect really high quality posts all the time. We've got 4 video projects coming out this year and I'd rather save our footage for those and create something memorable than wasting them on Instagram edits but to each their own. Having over a million views between Green and the Rough Cuts means more to me personally. FYI, Dickson wasn't on the SOTY poll due to it being a total accident, not because of some "failure" on our end. I appreciate you taking the time to write this out and hope I was able to clear up a couple things. This will be my last post about the brand in this thread as this thread as already derailed so much from it's purpose and don't want to take away anymore from that. With that said my DMs on here and Instagram are always open to discuss Emerica, skating or just shooting the shit. Thanks guys.
[close]

cool to hear you have 4 projects in the works
if you don't think representation of women in skating makes sense then there's not much else to say
good luck out there dude
Only replying to these because you guys definitely are making some wild accusations and seem to be putting words in my mouth. No one said anything about “fitting” or “needing to be a guy” to get in the van. Also, hanging in the van was more of an expression of saying you have to get along with the team as you’re gonna be together out skating, on trips, etc. which is actually extremely common for pretty much any brand out there. Can’t even tell you how many times a skater didn’t get on x, y, or z due to them not being able to get along with the team. Let’s get one thing straight, I didn’t say a single thing about not caring about girls in skateboarding because I do care about that. One of my favorite skaters of all time is a female and I loved Alexis’ latest Cons part, and really enjoyed “Credits” and thought it was awesome to see such a well put together video with some of the raddest girls in skating at the moment. I back females in skateboarding 100%. I specifically said that we put somebody on the team for their skateboarding versus their skin color. We don’t care what race or sex you are. If you’re a woman who is a rad skater then that’s all that matters and it will happen. For the record, we hook up a few girls and I’d love to have more which is exactly why we have tried getting other girls as well and are gonna keep trying. I mentioned in my original post that we are diversifying this year and that it doesn’t happen overnight. Over the last 2 years, I can’t even tell you how many people I have tried to hook up who have been white, nonwhite, young, old, gay, female, trans. If people would rather be flow for a big corporate brand then that’s okay but we’re out there trying. If you have complaints, feedback, compliments send it to me personally so we can have this thread go back to its intended purpose.

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #40625 on: January 09, 2021, 09:55:45 AM »
Anyone else notice there are a lot of vegan options from both Emerica and Etnies.
I know people are always asking for it in this forum. Nice to see the feedback has been put forward into product.

SlapTM

« Reply #40626 on: January 09, 2021, 10:00:36 AM »
Anyone else notice there are a lot of vegan options from both Emerica and Etnies.
I know people are always asking for it in this forum. Nice to see the feedback has been put forward into product.
We’ve definitively been wanting to get a lot more vegan options out there so there’s solid options for everybody. We’re working on putting even more vegan options out there over the next year or so especially using better materials such as synthetic suede versus something like canvas.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #40627 on: January 09, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »
Those Accel remasters are criminal. So, so terrible. What the fuck is es doing?

I really like those cream/green Marana slips. But I'd rather hold out for the cupsole winos.

Definitely agree that the tilts would be much more attractive as a cupsole. These vulc reissues are confusing. The silhouette is nice and so are a lot of the colour ways, just not sure how you guys talked about bring back the tilts only to land on it being a vulc.

Oxblood spankys look great too.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40628 on: January 09, 2021, 12:31:30 PM »
full agreement on this.  @EmericaTM are you able to disclose what's the upper material on those?

SlapTM

« Reply #40629 on: January 09, 2021, 07:46:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
full agreement on this.  @EmericaTM are you able to disclose what's the upper material on those?
Hey dude it's a suede upper. Here's a better photo of it.

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #40630 on: January 09, 2021, 09:10:03 PM »
Hey @EmericaTM will the Pillar ever get a cup variant?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #40631 on: January 09, 2021, 09:25:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

very nice!

dumptruck12

• Rep: -104
« Reply #40632 on: January 10, 2021, 05:39:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
very nice!
See, these are nice!

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #40633 on: January 10, 2021, 09:54:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Quick! While we got him let’s get a sneak peak at that KSL remake.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #40634 on: January 10, 2021, 11:07:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yes. This is done right.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40635 on: January 10, 2021, 12:09:29 PM »
that spanly looks so good, and i'm only upset because i was holding out a shred of hope that it might be canvas

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #40636 on: January 10, 2021, 12:15:54 PM »
Kinda bummed there’s no veer Slip-On cup on the etnies catalog. The marana slip I’m not feeling as much.

Maybe they'll have colors in the FA 21 or Summer 21 catalog?
Super Champion Fun Zone

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #40637 on: January 10, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »

Damn, making me want to return the ink/white ones I just got.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #40638 on: January 10, 2021, 03:15:16 PM »
that spanly looks so good, and i'm only upset because i was holding out a shred of hope that the only vegan cupsole in the catalog would NOT be Leo’s shoe

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #40639 on: January 10, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »
I would love a KSL-1 rerelease in the black/white w/ green stripe

and then make a bunch of blatant SB Dunk colorways to mess with Nike because fuck em

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #40640 on: January 10, 2021, 04:07:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40641 on: January 10, 2021, 05:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote
that spanly looks so good, and i'm only upset because i was holding out a shred of hope that the only vegan cupsole in the catalog would NOT be Leo’s shoe
[close]
It’s SUCH a bummer that they killed that gravis-esque vegan cupsole from a couple catalogs back.  I thought that was one of the best looking Emerica  shoes in years

SlapTM

« Reply #40642 on: January 10, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »
Well then you're going to be stoked when the new KSL drops.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #40643 on: January 10, 2021, 08:32:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It’s SUCH a bummer that they killed that gravis-esque vegan cupsole from a couple catalogs back.  I thought that was one of the best looking Emerica  shoes in years

Sounds good. Don’t remember it. I’ve made some fairly negative comments on the lack of diversity, shoes and otherwise, within Emerica, in the past. Kinda od’d on Nike/Vans rn tho. Romero and Dickson are so good. That gamma shoe (white) looks decent. Surprised there was more than a couple shoes I thought were decent.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #40644 on: January 11, 2021, 01:57:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Sounds good. Don’t remember it. I’ve made some fairly negative comments on the lack of diversity, shoes and otherwise, within Emerica, in the past. Kinda od’d on Nike/Vans rn tho. Romero and Dickson are so good. That gamma shoe (white) looks decent. Surprised there was more than a couple shoes I thought were decent.
it was called the emery, it didn’t even last a full season, pretty much went to the sale bins as soon as it released...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #40645 on: January 11, 2021, 02:45:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
it was called the emery, it didn’t even last a full season, pretty much went to the sale bins as soon as it released...

I assumed they meant the breaker. But I think that's indicative of Emerica's team shoes of the past years, and skate shoes as a whole following Gravis' blueprint.
Total newbie

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #40646 on: January 11, 2021, 05:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

G6 midsole ?

SlapTM

« Reply #40647 on: January 11, 2021, 05:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

G6 midsole ?
Yep

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #40648 on: January 11, 2021, 07:13:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

G6 midsole ?
[close]
Yep

Can’t wait!!

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40649 on: January 11, 2021, 07:14:34 AM »
I like those black/white vulc Tilts, Mr. Emerica Man. And I dare say Spanky is a national treasure. I reckon.