Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663579 times)

yourface and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

ballintoohard

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #40800 on: January 22, 2021, 09:56:51 AM »
who is actually buying eS that also remembers when they weren't corny?

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40801 on: January 22, 2021, 10:01:32 AM »
Wish eS would make some of their vulcs again

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #40802 on: January 22, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »
who is actually buying eS that also remembers when they weren't corny?
me

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40803 on: January 22, 2021, 11:59:19 AM »

I have positive memories of the Square 1. It was serviceable, but maybe not worthy of a reissue.

The Theory, on the other hand. Holy shit, sign me up.

If éS can bring back its classic cupsoles, there's no reason not to bring back some vulcs!

foureyedjim

« Reply #40804 on: January 22, 2021, 12:03:56 PM »
Or black/grey again

Sorry Tate, but these are ugly as hell.  There’s nothing that stands out about them and the seam placement leaves way too much awkward open space

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #40805 on: January 22, 2021, 12:41:55 PM »
It was the only eS EOS pairs I had skated. Two of the black/grey. I don’t remember if they skated well or not.

Probably just a nostalgic factor that they are coming out again.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #40806 on: January 22, 2021, 01:29:20 PM »
Emerica TM, how's the fit for those new Gammas? Some models like the Reynolds G6 my typical 9.5 is unbearably tight but any vulc model was fine in that size. Would I have to go with my regular size or go up half a size?
I haven't tried them on myself but from what I've seen they're true to size.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #40807 on: January 22, 2021, 05:07:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have positive memories of the Square 1. It was serviceable, but maybe not worthy of a reissue.

If éS can bring back its classic cupsoles, there's no reason not to bring back some vulcs!

I just had to google it to find the name, but Bobby Worrests' shoe, the 1st blood, was great. It flopped out and became so flimsy after the first trick, but as a flimsy vulc lover it was the best. I used to work at a skate shop and stole so many pairs of the checkered laces they came with.

Dopethrone

• Rep: -20
« Reply #40808 on: January 23, 2021, 04:58:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I just had to google it to find the name, but Bobby Worrests' shoe, the 1st blood, was great. It flopped out and became so flimsy after the first trick, but as a flimsy vulc lover it was the best. I used to work at a skate shop and stole so many pairs of the checkered laces they came with.

Yea they were rad, had the ones with the purple knocked eyes and purple sole

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #40809 on: January 23, 2021, 09:31:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They were really comfortable and they lasted me quite a while. I still have a pair of the original release blue/yellow/black pairs that I kept when eS went under

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #40810 on: January 23, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They were really comfortable and they lasted me quite a while. I still have a pair of the original release blue/yellow/black pairs that I kept when eS went under

Not tryna derail this thread further, but wish I had kept these:

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #40811 on: January 24, 2021, 08:41:35 AM »
Julian Davidson

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #40812 on: January 24, 2021, 10:57:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Or black/grey again

[close]
Sorry Tate, but these are ugly as hell.  There’s nothing that stands out about them and the seam placement leaves way too much awkward open space

you don't know how sick these looked on baby P-Rod back in the day. Selmar Yeah Right era Paul rocking this colorway. so fucking sick

foureyedjim

« Reply #40813 on: January 24, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Or black/grey again

[close]
[close]

you don't know how sick these looked on baby P-Rod back in the day. Selmar Yeah Right era Paul rocking this colorway. so fucking sick

hahaha but you gotta bring the whole kit back for there to be a chance to work, and I just know most folks are going to be wearing regular fitted pants and look more like todd falcon than PRod

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #40814 on: January 24, 2021, 01:28:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Not tryna derail this thread further, but wish I had kept these:

Tell me you were in a ska band in high school without telling me you were in a ska band

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #40815 on: January 24, 2021, 01:48:25 PM »
I can’t name one ska band and I had those...

Edit: Did some Googling, I have indeed heard of the name “Reel Big Fish” and was aware there was (is?) a band named the “Mighty Mighty Boss Stones.”

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #40816 on: January 24, 2021, 03:22:01 PM »

Edit: Did some Googling, I have indeed heard of the name “Reel Big Fish” and was aware there was (is?) a band named the “Mighty Mighty Boss Stones.”

Haha it was Bosstones as in Boston/tones (in case you give a shit)

It’s just one of those shoes like the Brian Sumner Adios with the Union Jacks that just look/were adopted way outside of skateboarding because of its bold design or colorway.   And that plaid design is def something I could see being that way.   

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #40817 on: January 24, 2021, 05:53:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha it was Bosstones as in Boston/tones (in case you give a shit)

It’s just one of those shoes like the Brian Sumner Adios with the Union Jacks that just look/were adopted way outside of skateboarding because of its bold design or colorway.   And that plaid design is def something I could see being that way.

Looking at those eS, I immediately think of Save Ferris and their cover of 'Come On Eileen'. Lol One of my first intros to ska as a 10 year old actually.
Never had those
Super Champion Fun Zone

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #40818 on: January 24, 2021, 08:18:48 PM »
the eos was sick and i'm glad theyre bringing it back. but all suede only for me please
:) I must have been tripping last night

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #40819 on: January 25, 2021, 06:29:05 AM »
i liked these looked great with brown corduroy and oversized matix sweater

square one was ok too also went well with brown corduroy and oversized matix sweater

but man anything these guys have done in the past few years has not been appealing and definitely would not look good with brown corduroy and oversized matix sweater
good come sausage

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #40820 on: January 25, 2021, 08:46:19 AM »

square one was ok too also went well with brown corduroy and oversized matix sweater

but man anything these guys have done in the past few years has not been appealing and definitely would not look good with brown corduroy and oversized matix sweater

Honestly, I love that es is back around, but yeah the shoes they have put out the last year or two have been pretty disappointing, I get it’s imaged to a certain skater, but I’d love to rock some thin accel’s with a good color scheme, not some crazy flashy flair. A vulc accel would be great like how they used to have, or just some simple accel slim colorways would be good, nothing crazy

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
« Reply #40821 on: January 25, 2021, 08:55:20 AM »

Definitely need boot cut on those cords.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #40822 on: January 25, 2021, 08:56:34 AM »

I know that the Menikmati/Koston era is what people usually reflect on when they talk about eS but this is honestly the era I'm most nostalgic for. Their shoes and team were great in their later years and they were honestly one of my favorite brands. It's hard watching what a shell of its former self it has become.

Glurmpz

« Reply #40823 on: January 25, 2021, 09:25:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly, I love that es is back around, but yeah the shoes they have put out the last year or two have been pretty disappointing, I get it’s imaged to a certain skater, but I’d love to rock some thin accel’s with a good color scheme, not some crazy flashy flair. A vulc accel would be great like how they used to have, or just some simple accel slim colorways would be good, nothing crazy

They come in normal, solid colorways all the time. Right now you can get a few different black colorways, all brown, grey, white... check the site.

I own brown cords and they look great with the black Accel Slims, would look even better with some white ones.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 09:55:30 AM by Glurmpz »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40824 on: January 25, 2021, 09:28:03 PM »
Last year or so I was cleaning my garage and I found these. Now I don’t know where they are.

I just remembered they skated great.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40825 on: January 25, 2021, 09:33:55 PM »

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40826 on: January 25, 2021, 09:34:10 PM »
I really miss those 2010ish more padded vulcs

Maybe few more years and they start reissuing those

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #40827 on: January 25, 2021, 09:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know that the Menikmati/Koston era is what people usually reflect on when they talk about eS but this is honestly the era I'm most nostalgic for. Their shoes and team were great in their later years and they were honestly one of my favorite brands. It's hard watching what a shell of its former self it has become.

I also genuinely miss when they did stuff like put things like a primo guard in the sole. Loved all that tech stuff. eS Arklow.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal