Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8682761 times)

GT, klobynrenn and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #41580 on: April 08, 2021, 05:04:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
More colors of those Vans crocs just went up on zappos
https://www.zappos.com/p/vans-trek-slip-on-grape-leaf/product/9477201/color/84403

[close]

Again why are this in a thread about skateboard shoes?
[close]

You have a D3 in your avatar. I don't think you have the authority to say what is and isn't a skate shoe.
[close]

I mean it's a post-pre surf shoe through their surf line... it's marketed to surfers. Saw a poster on the window at a surf shop yesterday.

If you truly think this is a skateable shoe, then it would belong in that "non skate shoes that are good for skating" thread. Not here. We should post any Nike or Adidas running shoe in here if this silly Surf Croc Vans shit keeps coming back up.

The D3 image in my avatar is a satirical reference to that poster from X Files more than a backing of that shoe. If anything the d3 would go in a "skate shoes that suck for skating" thread.
[close]

Gatekeeping about vans crocs – what a strange and lonely hill to die on.
[close]

Thinking that monstrosity was actually intended for skating, or otherwise continually bringing it into a skate shoe convo, is a strange and lonely hill to die on as well.
[close]

What are you, a mod? Why are you getting butthurt about this? Yeah, they're not for skating but they're Vans.

anytime someone comments on shoes in general, that guy has some weird shit to say.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #41581 on: April 08, 2021, 05:20:41 PM »
anytime someone comments on shoes in general, that guy has some weird shit to say.

Lol, bringing up some pseudo drama over a week later? Just because I questioned straight up crocs in a skate shoe convo? Sorry that I personally offended you or something enough for you to kook me and requote a long quote chain of a thing that was put to rest?
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #41582 on: April 08, 2021, 05:56:48 PM »

Speaking of enhancing... did some enhancing (zoom cropping) on the Ishod from an instastory I screengrabbed today:

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1106
« Reply #41583 on: April 08, 2021, 06:00:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Speaking of enhancing... did some enhancing (zoom cropping) on the Ishod from an instastory I screengrabbed today:

I’m gonna skate some. They look comfortable.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #41584 on: April 08, 2021, 09:30:45 PM »
Terrible sole, definitely could see this as an Ellington Supra model.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #41585 on: April 08, 2021, 09:58:50 PM »
damn i like those

ive always dug the sporty SBs - had over a dozen pairs of the Project BAs so in hyped to try these. any one have a release date?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #41586 on: April 08, 2021, 10:13:40 PM »
Love Ishod, but they look like a PRod shoe, and will probably last as long on the market too. Didn't know he was gonna get one. They probably are comfy as hell tho. Once I see them on a foot maybe I'll change my mind

Kinda like a bulked up Jordan 1, with more branding.
The chillest1

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #41587 on: April 08, 2021, 10:42:55 PM »
damn i like those

ive always dug the sporty SBs - had over a dozen pairs of the Project BAs so in hyped to try these. any one have a release date?

I think that catalog sheet that got posted up here a few weeks back has em dropping in October.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41588 on: April 09, 2021, 06:23:50 AM »
Big ass swoosh on the heel ruined those ishods for me.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1005
« Reply #41589 on: April 09, 2021, 07:02:57 AM »
Love Ishod, but they look like a PRod shoe, and will probably last as long on the market too.

I mean, PRod had a new shoe every year for over 10 years. He lasted pretty long out there. Shit wasn't a Janoski-level hit, but he definitely had some popular models. Omar on the other hand...

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #41590 on: April 09, 2021, 07:21:23 AM »
Is that see through mesh in the middle like the new AVE's have? I actually really like the shoe because it reminds me of some early Prod models, but mesh in that area is always a big no no for me, especially see through none the less.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41591 on: April 09, 2021, 08:28:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Love Ishod, but they look like a PRod shoe, and will probably last as long on the market too.
[close]

I mean, PRod had a new shoe every year for over 10 years. He lasted pretty long out there. Shit wasn't a Janoski-level hit, but he definitely had some popular models. Omar on the other hand...

I think PRod had the 10 models negotiated into his contract after his first two did so well. I don’t think that he had so many best sellers that Nike used that as a reason to keep giving him models. There’s a reason he hasn’t had another one since his tenth model.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #41592 on: April 09, 2021, 10:25:10 AM »
Remind me of the SB Gato, I dig

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #41593 on: April 09, 2021, 03:06:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #41594 on: April 09, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »
@oyolar gets it. I remember quite a few of those Prods not even lasting more than a year. My brain ain't so good from years of self destruction so maybe I'm tripping. Those brown ones definitely get a no from me. I wanna see these on feet but, damn.

These look like Nike 6.0's. I have more to say but I need to shut the fuck up. Ishod is in my top five and I want him paid. Wish Nyjah's new model had Ishod's name instead. Will never buy a shoe with jah's name, but really like that shoe.
The chillest1

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41595 on: April 09, 2021, 04:56:41 PM »
Remind me of the SB Gato, I dig

Wtf? How?

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #41596 on: April 09, 2021, 06:36:17 PM »
swoosh on the heel will always look like PRod or 6.0 shit

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #41597 on: April 10, 2021, 07:00:19 PM »
Personally annoyed that P.Rod got his first pro model at 20 (or 21?) and Ishod isn't getting one until now that he's nearly 30... I feel like that reduces the lifespan of potential future Ishod models. Also annoyed that no Nike Sb pros have retroed models besides Janoski, their are definitely some P.Rod models that could be standards, Koston's too.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #41598 on: April 10, 2021, 08:17:16 PM »
Personally annoyed that P.Rod got his first pro model at 20 (or 21?) and Ishod isn't getting one until now that he's nearly 30... I feel like that reduces the lifespan of potential future Ishod models. Also annoyed that no Nike Sb pros have retroed models besides Janoski, their are definitely some P.Rod models that could be standards, Koston's too.

I feel like the Nike koston 1 could be a carryover shoe. Clean/simple cupsole that always looked good and doesn’t look dated. 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #41599 on: April 10, 2021, 08:26:01 PM »

I’m sure if any PRods sold well they’d keep them around. 

Ishod’s also had tons of colorways (as has been covered) so it’s not like he’s been given the shaft

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #41600 on: April 10, 2021, 09:08:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ishod’s also had tons of colorways (as has been covered) so it’s not like he’s been given the shaft

True, I just think there's a weird discrepancy there and am speaking fully from a fan-boy point of view in that I think Ishod is one of few modern greats. Comparing P.Rod's 10 shoes with Ishod's one actual pro model and two colorways (mismatched dunks and the bruins, might be forgetting one?) it just seems egregiously off...

I would also say that the other part of my statement still stands. The Koston 1 and 2s should have been classics, and sold really well as far as I know, P.Rod had at least two or three solid selling shoes that also looked nice and could have been continuously produced - the 1s, 2s, and 3s all skated well and were solid, simple designs for the time and place they came out, the 7s as well, the 8s were maybe a little out of the box but were some of the best shoes I've ever skated. They all could have had multiple iterations in the way that the Janoskis did and I think it would have given people time to latch on and appreciate them. Hell, nike could have just given P.Rod different variations of some models rather than rushing new models to development and saved some design/material money.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #41601 on: April 10, 2021, 09:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

True, I just think there's a weird discrepancy there and am speaking fully from a fan-boy point of view in that I think Ishod is one of few modern greats. Comparing P.Rod's 10 shoes with Ishod's one actual pro model and two colorways (mismatched dunks and the bruins, might be forgetting one?) it just seems egregiously off...

I would also say that the other part of my statement still stands. The Koston 1 and 2s should have been classics, and sold really well as far as I know, P.Rod had at least two or three solid selling shoes that also looked nice and could have been continuously produced - the 1s, 2s, and 3s all skated well and were solid, simple designs for the time and place they came out, the 7s as well, the 8s were maybe a little out of the box but were some of the best shoes I've ever skated. They all could have had multiple iterations in the way that the Janoskis did and I think it would have given people time to latch on and appreciate them. Hell, nike could have just given P.Rod different variations of some models rather than rushing new models to development and saved some design/material money.

Yeah but that’s just not how Nike does things.  The give their signature athletes a new shoe each season.  They didn’t sit back with the Jordan’s 1,3,4,5, et al and let it run longer because they knocked it out of the park.  PRod, Nyjah, Koston got/get a new shoe every year and I don’t doubt that the number of models and frequency is already mandated in the contract.   Janoski is on an older contract when he got his shoe, but there have been so many different iterations of that shoe that it’s like he has 7-8 different models. 

Ishod had the blazer chukka, the orange label Bruin that was half mesh half leather, and his own mini-line of thinner Dunks of which there were at least 3 colorways.  I’m sure  these were tests of the viability of his model because it’s not a sure thing that they sell.   

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #41602 on: April 11, 2021, 05:11:13 AM »
The colorway trend is insulting seriously. How you gonna have Bobby or Guy on your team and not give Pro models. Especially since it's not like they couldn't afford it... Who else, Luan, Mason, Cyrus, Yuri, Bradley, Oskar, Durao, Geronzi all these guys are killing it beyond deserving.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41603 on: April 11, 2021, 10:00:35 AM »
Why would anybody want a Guy pro model Nike shoe.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41604 on: April 11, 2021, 10:38:24 AM »
Are you saying Guy Mariano doesn't deserve a pro model? You have the biggest brand in the world with the best designers, just give pro skaters pro models is all i'm saying.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #41605 on: April 11, 2021, 10:46:54 AM »
It's been argued a pro can make more off colorways rather than a pro shoe. If the pro shoe sells like shit, you don't make any money. If you have a solid enough colorway with a shoe that already does well, you're gonna likely make more or just as much.

The new Ishod looks like it's gonna be ~100. It unfortunately doesn't look like it's something that will be stylish that you can wear when you're not skating. It looks more like a gym shoe, and you're likely better off buying actual trainers.

With a colorway, of a popular shoe, you're leveraging the popularity of the shoe. With a pro model, you're leveraging the popularity of your name(your "brand") and the hope the design of the shoe is something even a non skater would wear.
The chillest1

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41606 on: April 11, 2021, 10:55:55 AM »
You'd rather have a pro shoe with your name or more money? Is this all about money? Hoping that people that don't skate wear skate shoes? What happened to this thing of ours.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41607 on: April 11, 2021, 11:29:47 AM »
Are you saying Guy Mariano doesn't deserve a pro model?

Yes. That’s what I’m saying. I thought that was pretty clear.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 439
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41608 on: April 11, 2021, 11:31:13 AM »
Feels like I stumbled into the Nike thread.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #41609 on: April 11, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »
It seems like you're projecting your own dreams and opinions on everyone. A skateboard career doesn't last forever. If I had a certain idea for a shoe in mind, maybe I'd think differently. I'll never be in that position to decide and it would be unfair of me to think differently of someone choosing a colorway so they can set themselves up for a stable future.

A skateboarding career doesn't last forever, and I really wouldn't look down on someone choosing a colorway to likely get paid more than try to make a shoe no one would buy with my name on it that no one would buy.

Plus is a shoe worth 100 dollars or more with my name on it really trying to keep it core? With Nike? Preaching about what happened to this thing of ours? That's not within my logic, I'm surprised it's yours but it's all subjective. We all have different needs, desires and opinions
The chillest1