Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8696097 times)

kmoe (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #42360 on: June 25, 2021, 07:35:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I can see some of the detailing.

I’m morbidly curious about those Li-Ning’s except for the heel looking like really weird, gross plastic.
[close]
Similar feeling here. However if it's done right that plastic on the heel could be great for foot protection.

How the hell are you people considering a Li Ning Shoe, over here its for badminton. No skateboarder this side of the world would even entertain the thought.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #42361 on: June 25, 2021, 08:50:46 AM »
I'd definitely buy that Li-Ning Ellington shoe if it comes out. Their ball shoes are good.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #42362 on: June 25, 2021, 09:43:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I’m morbidly curious about those Li-Ning’s except for the heel looking like really weird, gross plastic.
[close]
Similar feeling here. However if it's done right that plastic on the heel could be great for foot protection.
[close]

How the hell are you people considering a Li Ning Shoe, over here its for badminton. No skateboarder this side of the world would even entertain the thought.

The jack purcell is a badminton shoe

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #42363 on: June 25, 2021, 09:48:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Jack Purcells are for early 00s era poser punks that really want some Chuck Taylors but want to stand out.

Also, Sk8-His are for early 00s era poser punks that really want some high top Chuck Taylors but want to stand out.

PS I love my Sk8-His.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42364 on: June 25, 2021, 10:16:22 AM »
Like I said, I’m morbidly curious just because it looks so out there (as do a lot of their other shoes in other sports).  I have more of “there has to be a method behind the madness” attitude to them.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #42365 on: June 25, 2021, 10:20:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Jack Purcells are for early 00s era poser punks that really want some Chuck Taylors but want to stand out.

Also, Sk8-His are for early 00s era poser punks that really want some high top Chuck Taylors but want to stand out.

PS I love my Sk8-His.

Jack Purcells were for the straight edge/hardcore kids in my little stretch of Orange County

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #42366 on: June 25, 2021, 10:39:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

PS I love my Sk8-His.
[close]

Jack Purcells were for the straight edge/hardcore kids in my little stretch of Orange County

If you're south of the Spectrum then we're in the same little stretch. I forgot about the sXe/hardcore kids wearing them but they were popular with the emo guys and girls as well... at least when I graduated HS way back in 03  ::)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42367 on: June 25, 2021, 11:26:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

PS I love my Sk8-His.
[close]

[close]

If you're south of the Spectrum then we're in the same little stretch. I forgot about the sXe/hardcore kids wearing them but they were popular with the emo guys and girls as well... at least when I graduated HS way back in 03  ::)

Hah yup.   AFI shirts also in heavy rotation as was fighting in the lower parking levels of the Kaleidoscope.  Wasn’t my scene, but a lot of lapsed junior high skaters fell into that crowd so I was adjacent

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #42368 on: June 25, 2021, 03:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

How is it different from Nike, Cons, New Balance, Reebok, etc

It’s all sporting goods companies getting in on the mix, Li-Ning is just the new guy

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #42369 on: June 25, 2021, 03:36:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

It’s all sporting goods companies getting in on the mix, Li-Ning is just the new guy

It's not different. Those other brands bought their way into skateboarding and don't belong either. The kids don't care either way though, so maybe they'll buy them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42370 on: June 25, 2021, 04:03:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's not different. Those other brands bought their way into skateboarding and don't belong either. The kids don't care either way though, so maybe they'll buy them.
Saying that Nike don't belong is not totally true. People had been skating them for ages, same as adidas.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #42371 on: June 25, 2021, 04:18:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Saying that Nike don't belong is not totally true. People had been skating them for ages, same as adidas.

They weren't around when I started skating and the only reason they're in the game is because they bought their way in. I will give them credit though since they seem to treat their pros well.

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #42372 on: June 25, 2021, 06:32:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: EmericaTM link=topic=47259.msg3586671#msg3586671
date=1624462392
Expand Quote
Still can’t get the links to work
FA21 catalog is now available:

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/Emerica-FA21-Catalog
[close]

Etnies and éS FA21 catalogs also now available, quite a few synthetics...
[close]

Any one have the links for es and etnies?
[close]

You should be able to view the Sole Technology library by taking off the brand specific end of that link.

https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #42373 on: June 25, 2021, 08:14:35 PM »
I'd definitely buy that Li-Ning Ellington shoe if it comes out. Their ball shoes are good.

They look very cool but idk if I could pull them off. Also wonder how they feel and skate with that runner sole.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #42374 on: June 26, 2021, 07:20:45 AM »

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #42375 on: June 26, 2021, 07:48:45 AM »
no

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #42376 on: June 26, 2021, 08:43:33 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42377 on: June 26, 2021, 09:35:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
ducky colorway?

Duck Sauce the djs is what that duck kinda reminded me of

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #42378 on: June 26, 2021, 05:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
June 26th

[close]
i always thought Tyshawn's shoe looked cool as hell but I'm not really a fan of midtops. I'm so glad they're coming out with lows.
[close]

Same. I always thought these shoes looked good, but the proportions looked awkward to me. Seeing them in a low makes me want a pair.

Was super stoked for these so went to the shop today to grab a pair but trying them on I was really disappointed. The sole seemed pretty thin and the heel was really hard. Was hoping these were gonna be my saving grace because i heard great things about the mids for people with bad feet, but I guess my search continues. Almost copped a pair of bruin reacts instead but they were a little too tight to safely spend 100 on.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1321
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #42379 on: June 26, 2021, 10:39:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
ducky colorway?
[close]

Duck Sauce the djs is what that duck kinda reminded me of

Kader colorway on a homeless guys feet
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42380 on: June 27, 2021, 12:06:12 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

FunisLow

• Rep: -2
« Reply #42381 on: June 27, 2021, 02:05:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You should be able to view the Sole Technology library by taking off the brand specific end of that link.

I can't open the catalogs because it's says: password required

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #42382 on: June 27, 2021, 04:28:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I can't open the catalogs because it's says: password required
newer ones yes. older ones not.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #42383 on: June 27, 2021, 07:08:06 PM »
EE put up a story of the box to his new Li-Ning shoe. Chinese yuan price is 899, gonna be about $140 in the US. Tried to post the screenshot but imgur is fucking up.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #42384 on: June 27, 2021, 07:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
ducky colorway?
[close]

Palace collab

and Ducky is on Pizza. Sometimes I still cant believe how far he got with his skating, and all he shows is his gnarly side, dude can get really tech too if he wants, thats how he was in high school before moving to LA.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #42385 on: June 28, 2021, 04:44:32 AM »

Don’t know if ABP but looks like some new AA colors coming soon

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #42386 on: June 28, 2021, 05:20:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
ducky colorway?
[close]

Palace collab
[close]

and Ducky is on Pizza. Sometimes I still cant believe how far he got with his skating, and all he shows is his gnarly side, dude can get really tech too if he wants, thats how he was in high school before moving to LA.

hope there's a sk8 hi with this pattern on the quarter.
good come sausage

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #42387 on: June 28, 2021, 11:49:59 AM »
White and red AAs look really good. I'm glad Vans is still making that shoe, a lot of people were making the first run sound like they were the only run.

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #42388 on: June 28, 2021, 06:47:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
June 26th

[close]
i always thought Tyshawn's shoe looked cool as hell but I'm not really a fan of midtops. I'm so glad they're coming out with lows.
[close]

Same. I always thought these shoes looked good, but the proportions looked awkward to me. Seeing them in a low makes me want a pair.
[close]

Was super stoked for these so went to the shop today to grab a pair but trying them on I was really disappointed. The sole seemed pretty thin and the heel was really hard. Was hoping these were gonna be my saving grace because i heard great things about the mids for people with bad feet, but I guess my search continues. Almost copped a pair of bruin reacts instead but they were a little too tight to safely spend 100 on.

microwave them... most bulky shoe I've skated in forever and they feel amazing....felt stiff and tight out the box. had a great session even in the heatwave we had today. give em a try if you get the chance again can't wait for the black/black color way

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42389 on: June 28, 2021, 08:25:25 PM »

Don’t know if ABP but looks like some new AA colors coming soon

Screenshot the white and red pair a few pages back but I didn’t see that blue denim one? Until now.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me