Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8694495 times)

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #43290 on: October 06, 2021, 08:15:19 AM »
Expand Quote
John Shanhan posted these on his story the other day:

Probably just a one-off of that Striker shoe, and I'm not a DC fan by any means, but I was stoked to see the old logo on there.
[close]
The story here is that Pop Trading Company did a flip on that DC logo and received a C&D from DC. Now they're doing a collaboration on two other shoes and dropped these, with a print out of the C&D they received, as a friends & family release.

@Youoverthere you made it

doublesteveburger

« Reply #43291 on: October 06, 2021, 09:25:13 PM »
Between these and the new shoes in the DC ad in the Tyshawn thrasher issue - I’m inching toward snagging a pair of DC’s for the first time since high school. Love that silhouette and I’m a sucker for a navy suede/white sole combo.

foureyedjim

« Reply #43292 on: October 06, 2021, 10:02:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
fuck, can I really be sexually attracted to a shoe?
It’s possible, wow

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #43293 on: October 07, 2021, 12:46:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Probably just a one-off of that Striker shoe, and I'm not a DC fan by any means, but I was stoked to see the old logo on there.
[close]
The story here is that Pop Trading Company did a flip on that DC logo and received a C&D from DC. Now they're doing a collaboration on two other shoes and dropped these, with a print out of the C&D they received, as a friends & family release.

[close]

what did I do?

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #43294 on: October 07, 2021, 03:53:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
what did I do?

That’s your post on Pops IG

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #43295 on: October 07, 2021, 03:53:50 AM »
Expand Quote

yo photo lynx?
[close]

Is there pulp in these?

That’s in the WHL shoe

TheAmericanAntique

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #43296 on: October 07, 2021, 05:50:16 AM »
Here is a Dropbox link to some new globe shoes. It also includes Austyn’s colorway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pyra2pdlbsutn0/GLOBE%20Spring%2022%20CORE%20Skate%20catalogue.pdf?dl=0

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #43297 on: October 07, 2021, 05:54:12 AM »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #43298 on: October 07, 2021, 06:35:33 AM »
Here is a Dropbox link to some new globe shoes. It also includes Austyn’s colorway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pyra2pdlbsutn0/GLOBE%20Spring%2022%20CORE%20Skate%20catalogue.pdf?dl=0

Got it on paper yesterday on the mail. (nice touch to bring back paper catalogues). Aside from the horrendous CT IV Hi top and the Motley mid the rest is good.

I get the globe hate, but I bought a pair of Surplus and they're really well made, it's really easy to find them 40-50% off.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 06:47:38 AM by alraunen »

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #43299 on: October 07, 2021, 07:01:18 AM »

Just looks like a weird slimmed down version of one of those Savier Raleigh, with that logo on the side...

Or maybe I've not had enough sleep this week.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 07:27:12 AM by pedro_mayn »
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #43300 on: October 07, 2021, 07:27:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Got it on paper yesterday on the mail. (nice touch to bring back paper catalogues). Aside from the horrendous CT IV Hi top and the Motley mid the rest is good.

I get the globe hate, but I bought a pair of Surplus and they're really well made, it's really easy to find them 40-50% off.

I was so close to commiting to a cupsole only but i will regret it more if i dont make that dover work with my fit, Austyn and Dylan style has left its mark on me.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43301 on: October 07, 2021, 07:38:17 AM »
The Motley Mid looks like a decent shoe

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #43302 on: October 07, 2021, 07:44:16 AM »
The Globe catalog looks fine. I’m interested in what their next releases after this one look like since it’ll take some time to see how Austyn helps shape the line past one colorway. He mentioned too that he’s working on a pro model so I’m interested to see what that looks like.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #43303 on: October 07, 2021, 09:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
what did I do?
[close]

That’s your post on Pops IG
oh shit!!

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #43304 on: October 07, 2021, 09:08:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did DC ever make a Striker mid? I think it would work great. Like a cupsole Blazer mid.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43305 on: October 07, 2021, 10:02:46 AM »
Yeah that new Globe catalog is looking alright.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #43306 on: October 07, 2021, 10:37:04 AM »
Nah that Globe catalogue is gross. Can't believe they kept going with the Chet IV vulc high top thing. The rest are all boring vulcs.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #43307 on: October 07, 2021, 11:42:28 AM »

I kept thinking that slip on was a joke someone photoshopped,until now

fakie varial flip

« Reply #43308 on: October 07, 2021, 12:19:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How do the surplus fit, especially in the toe box? Wide, narrow, etc? They look comfortable

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #43309 on: October 07, 2021, 12:54:57 PM »
The Pop Trading Co DCs are for sale on their official Facebook shop, a few days before release date. Kind of strange, hope I didn’t get scammed just now.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #43310 on: October 07, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How do the surplus fit, especially in the toe box? Wide, narrow, etc? They look comfortable

Fits tts, the toe box is wide and the insoles are good too. I miss some padding on the collar but overall they're really comfortable.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #43311 on: October 07, 2021, 01:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fits tts, the toe box is wide and the insoles are good too. I miss some padding on the collar but overall they're really comfortable.

I had a pair of Surplus' and my feet were swimming in them. My true size is 10 and since Globe has no half sizes, I think that has a lot to do with why my feet felt the way they did in the shoe. I thought about sending them back and getting a 9 but didn't want to risk them being too tight and uncomfortable.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #43312 on: October 07, 2021, 02:43:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean they are though? The actual shoe doesn't look like that

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #43313 on: October 07, 2021, 04:07:56 PM »
the thought of Austyn signing off on a shoe that looked that hideous is laughable

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #43314 on: October 07, 2021, 04:56:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I had a pair of Surplus' and my feet were swimming in them. My true size is 10 and since Globe has no half sizes, I think that has a lot to do with why my feet felt the way they did in the shoe. I thought about sending them back and getting a 9 but didn't want to risk them being too tight and uncomfortable.
Second on true to size.
They're really good feeling and durable shoes. I ended up rolling my ankle in them, but my ankle basically rolls in every shoe I try because it's so weak.
Look for Globe deals before the next season comes out, they are all listed at $80 bucks or whatever but always are on sale for $25-40.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #43315 on: October 07, 2021, 05:05:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I mean they are though? The actual shoe doesn't look like that

Oh thank Christ it’s not real.  I’m just dumb ha.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43316 on: October 07, 2021, 06:18:05 PM »

<3

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #43317 on: October 07, 2021, 07:43:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I had a pair of Surplus' and my feet were swimming in them. My true size is 10 and since Globe has no half sizes, I think that has a lot to do with why my feet felt the way they did in the shoe.

Ummm, what? You must mean they were sold out of half sizes in that particular shoe, right? Globe makes half sizes in their shoes.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #43318 on: October 07, 2021, 09:40:00 PM »
I've skated the Globe Montano high shoe before they added the toe caps. I liked it but the vulc sole got so soft and unsupportive really quickly and I got knee issues from that shoe more than any other i've tried in the last two years. They'd be good with a little padding around the collar and a better sole.

Been looking for a simple vulc mid/high that isn't  too heavy since State stopped making the Salem.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 11:55:40 PM by Sila »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43319 on: October 07, 2021, 10:54:50 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me