Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663490 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #43320 on: October 08, 2021, 05:25:34 AM »
man i know people are going to slander me for even mentioning nike in this thread but

is it just me or does ishod's upcoming shoe kinda has a similar silhouette to that or am i trippin
good come sausage

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

fakie varial flip

« Reply #43322 on: October 08, 2021, 07:10:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Here is a Dropbox link to some new globe shoes. It also includes Austyn’s colorway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pyra2pdlbsutn0/GLOBE%20Spring%2022%20CORE%20Skate%20catalogue.pdf?dl=0
[close]

Got it on paper yesterday on the mail. (nice touch to bring back paper catalogues). Aside from the horrendous CT IV Hi top and the Motley mid the rest is good.

I get the globe hate, but I bought a pair of Surplus and they're really well made, it's really easy to find them 40-50% off.
[close]

How do the surplus fit, especially in the toe box? Wide, narrow, etc? They look comfortable
[close]

Fits tts, the toe box is wide and the insoles are good too. I miss some padding on the collar but overall they're really comfortable.
[close]

I had a pair of Surplus' and my feet were swimming in them. My true size is 10 and since Globe has no half sizes, I think that has a lot to do with why my feet felt the way they did in the shoe. I thought about sending them back and getting a 9 but didn't want to risk them being too tight and uncomfortable.
[close]
Second on true to size.
They're really good feeling and durable shoes. I ended up rolling my ankle in them, but my ankle basically rolls in every shoe I try because it's so weak.
Look for Globe deals before the next season comes out, they are all listed at $80 bucks or whatever but always are on sale for $25-40.

Thanks all - def gonna keep an eye out for a sale on those black/black jawns. Almost grabbed the white/gum until I realized they're all canvas with no toe cap

Cord Winer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #43323 on: October 08, 2021, 10:38:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Here is a Dropbox link to some new globe shoes. It also includes Austyn’s colorway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pyra2pdlbsutn0/GLOBE%20Spring%2022%20CORE%20Skate%20catalogue.pdf?dl=0
[close]

Got it on paper yesterday on the mail. (nice touch to bring back paper catalogues). Aside from the horrendous CT IV Hi top and the Motley mid the rest is good.

I get the globe hate, but I bought a pair of Surplus and they're really well made, it's really easy to find them 40-50% off.
[close]

How do the surplus fit, especially in the toe box? Wide, narrow, etc? They look comfortable
[close]

Fits tts, the toe box is wide and the insoles are good too. I miss some padding on the collar but overall they're really comfortable.
[close]

I had a pair of Surplus' and my feet were swimming in them. My true size is 10 and since Globe has no half sizes, I think that has a lot to do with why my feet felt the way they did in the shoe. I thought about sending them back and getting a 9 but didn't want to risk them being too tight and uncomfortable.
[close]
Second on true to size.
They're really good feeling and durable shoes. I ended up rolling my ankle in them, but my ankle basically rolls in every shoe I try because it's so weak.
Look for Globe deals before the next season comes out, they are all listed at $80 bucks or whatever but always are on sale for $25-40.
[close]

Thanks all - def gonna keep an eye out for a sale on those black/black jawns. Almost grabbed the white/gum until I realized they're all canvas with no toe cap
Skated them and they're good. When the Sammy Montano colorway came out a while ago I ordered them but when I got them they were a little too big. The length of the shoe was fine but I'd say the toe box area was a little wide so I didn't size down when I ordered a different colorway of them and they fit good. No padding in the tongue or collar but very form fitting when laced up. The newer ones with the toe cap reminds me of the Huf Classics. Overall they are a good shoe.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 10:46:57 AM by Cord Winer »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #43324 on: October 08, 2021, 10:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Second on true to size.
[close]

[close]
Skated them and they're good. When the Sammy Montano colorway came out a while ago I ordered them but when I got them they were a little too big. The length of the shoe was fine but I'd say the toe box area was a little wide so I didn't size down when I ordered a different colorway of them and they fit good. No padding in the tongue or collar but very form fitting when laced up. The newer ones with the toe cap reminds me of the Huf Classics. Overall they are a good shoe.

What is the insole like? would you compare it to something like a G6/PopCush/React?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43325 on: October 08, 2021, 12:03:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I wish Es would stop putting mesh on the toe
the whole shoe is mesh

Cord Winer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #43326 on: October 08, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Second on true to size.
[close]

[close]
[close]

What is the insole like? would you compare it to something like a G6/PopCush/React?
The insole is like a softer version of the G6. The thickness is about the same but it's much more squishy. No bells or whistles with it though. I like it.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #43327 on: October 08, 2021, 12:32:53 PM »
The ‘Squid Game’ Costume Effect: White Slip-On Vans Spike 7,800% Since the Series Premiere

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha

doublesteveburger

« Reply #43329 on: October 08, 2021, 10:38:58 PM »
that shoe is glitching i think give it some time to load

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #43330 on: October 09, 2021, 12:14:33 AM »
Tiago is getting another pro model late next year. Don't know what it looks like but they're supposedly going to be made in Brazil(maybe even with the materials sourced there as well?)

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43331 on: October 09, 2021, 01:36:25 AM »
Tiago is getting another pro model late next year. Don't know what it looks like but they're supposedly going to be made in Brazil(maybe even with the materials sourced there as well?)
Looking forward on the first Cariuma pro model

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #43332 on: October 09, 2021, 01:50:36 AM »

That’s super sick! Probably because the huge import taxes in Brazil make his shoes virtually impossible to buy for any regular skater that actually wants to skate them… being made there makes it much more affordable and actually obtainable for his people! Strong move NB **clap clap**

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

pro club blanks

« Reply #43333 on: October 09, 2021, 09:36:43 AM »

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #43334 on: October 09, 2021, 11:24:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s super sick! Probably because the huge import taxes in Brazil make his shoes virtually impossible to buy for any regular skater that actually wants to skate them… being made there makes it much more affordable and actually obtainable for his people! Strong move NB **clap clap**

That’s sick. I’m hyped to see what it will look like. Will it still be available in the US?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 01:09:11 PM by alraunen »

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #43336 on: October 09, 2021, 05:32:21 PM »
^ Automatic cop. So damn cool.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #43338 on: October 09, 2021, 10:39:36 PM »

Size up. At least half a size.

Wondering about these.   Seen a lot of their riders wearing them on IG over the past week

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #43339 on: October 10, 2021, 09:01:09 AM »

If these fit like the regular Suciu 2’s / Superstar Vulc ADV and have the same or similar Adiprene drop-in insole then god damn my feet are saved again.... need to know!

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #43340 on: October 10, 2021, 11:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote

If these fit like the regular Suciu 2’s / Superstar Vulc ADV and have the same or similar Adiprene drop-in insole then god damn my feet are saved again.... need to know!

[close]

Pretty sure this is just a colorway with some different stitching and no Adiprene insole, just the normal one. I have some Gazelle ADVs that I just got a couple of days ago and I wear an 11.5, and these felt really, really snug. I compared them to my Suciu 2's and they are noticeably smaller. Like, at least half an inch shorter from heel to toe.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #43341 on: October 10, 2021, 12:40:50 PM »
Gazelles are dope if your feet are as narrow as a 10 year old girl’s and you don’t plan to actually skate them/care if they get destroyed in two sessions.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43342 on: October 10, 2021, 03:48:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Pretty sure this is just a colorway with some different stitching and no Adiprene insole, just the normal one. I have some Gazelle ADVs that I just got a couple of days ago and I wear an 11.5, and these felt really, really snug. I compared them to my Suciu 2's and they are noticeably smaller. Like, at least half an inch shorter from heel to toe.

Nora was skating these at the demo and they look sick in person.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #43343 on: October 10, 2021, 05:41:42 PM »
Hey Suicu, you know how you mention you’re vegan in a lot of interviews?
Be a lot cooler if you’d utilize those adidas vegan resources and drop a shoe using non-animal based materials…
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 10:42:42 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43344 on: October 11, 2021, 05:22:00 AM »
Gazelles are dope if your feet are as narrow as a 10 year old girl’s

Yeah why the fuck is that? I’ve tried on probably 7 different adidas skateboarding models in the last 18 months (including the Gazelle ADV) and every single time my feet hurt in new ways just by standing in them. Is there a reason they don’t make a variety of widths? I’m not saying make “wide” shoes specifically, but just to switch up their offerings a LITTLE bit.

Hey Suicu, you know how you mention you’re vegan in a lot of interviews?
Be a lot cooler if you’d utilize those adidas vegan resources and drop a shoe using non-animal based materials…

I don’t think he ever said he’s vegan. In some video he said he eats a “mostly vegan” diet (which literally has a word, vegetarian, but that’s besides the point). I’m similar - I don’t label myself and the majority of the meals I eat are plant-based, and I skate suede because I know it’s the best material to skate.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #43345 on: October 11, 2021, 05:23:53 AM »

Man I really like his first one, I hope it’s something in the same vein, I don’t want to have to get used to another cupsole
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #43346 on: October 11, 2021, 09:14:01 AM »
Sucks that this probably means he won't be getting any more pro models any time soon.

Are these vulc or the super thin cupsole from when Adidas first got back into making skate shoes?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #43347 on: October 11, 2021, 09:39:21 AM »
Sucks that this probably means he won't be getting any more pro models any time soon.

Are these vulc or the super thin cupsole from when Adidas first got back into making skate shoes?

It’s vulc. They use the same outsole as the 3mc with a different foxing tape. It’s a pretty barebones shoe, so if you expect any impact support those are not the way to go…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #43349 on: October 11, 2021, 06:53:29 PM »