Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8687114 times)

kmoe and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #44520 on: February 16, 2022, 03:42:58 PM »
That's what would have happened if TK would have had a pro shoe on osiris instead of supra.

Yikes.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #44521 on: February 16, 2022, 04:06:34 PM »
those go hard af

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44522 on: February 16, 2022, 05:41:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone have info on when the new puigs come out?
[close]

Is he getting another new shoe altogether? I love the design of his current one.
[close]

He's getting a Vulc version of his current shoe this year

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYEqYBzqwW2

Oh neat. Good for him. Somehow missed that post so cool footage too!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #44523 on: February 16, 2022, 06:40:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn. I feel bad that materials and resources are going to be used to produce that.

Those look identical to the Duffs Stromboli

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #44524 on: February 16, 2022, 08:13:04 PM »
this thread has looked absolutely cancerous for several days now

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44525 on: February 16, 2022, 08:26:34 PM »
this thread has looked absolutely cancerous for several days now
Dark times in the shoe game

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #44526 on: February 17, 2022, 11:19:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn. I feel bad that materials and resources are going to be used to produce that.
[close]

(eighth slide)
I知 what way?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44527 on: February 17, 2022, 12:51:37 PM »
My homie at Vans hooked me up with some Fairlanes that are coming out right away.

Super good shape, nice thickness in the sole. These are part of the regular line, so no skate insole but there are a couple skate versions coming out. Cupsole fans you should check this one out. Thicker than an Accel Slim, slimmer than an Accel OG. Actually around the same thickness and shape as a Dunk but less padding in the tongue and the collar which I like better anyway. Surprised more people aren't skating these or that they're not being pushed harder.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #44528 on: February 17, 2022, 12:58:23 PM »
My homie at Vans hooked me up with some Fairlanes that are coming out right away.

Super good shape, nice thickness in the sole. These are part of the regular line, so no skate insole but there are a couple skate versions coming out. Cupsole fans you should check this one out. Thicker than an Accel Slim, slimmer than an Accel OG. Actually around the same thickness and shape as a Dunk but less padding in the tongue and the collar which I like better anyway. Surprised more people aren't skating these or that they're not being pushed harder.

Wanna try these, loved them back in the day. I have a pair of Paradoxxx cupsoles from the surf line and they're some of the best shoes I've ever skated. Hoping these are similar.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #44529 on: February 17, 2022, 12:58:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
(eighth slide)
I知 what way?

I知 being a goof, my dear boy.   Making light of all the tension on that subjext

(Also, thought the Strombolli was that newer Hensley model)

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #44530 on: February 17, 2022, 01:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
(eighth slide)
I知 what way?
[close]

Going through those slides, how Etnies and eS don't have a Sal 23 and SLB in every season is absolutely fucking criminal. That shoe would literally print money, simple no frills or heavy logo'd shoe.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #44531 on: February 17, 2022, 01:39:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wanna try these, loved them back in the day. I have a pair of Paradoxxx cupsoles from the surf line and they're some of the best shoes I've ever skated. Hoping these are similar.

I definitely want to try these. After seeing Reynolds skate them recently I'm interested for sure. Havent skated vans in a while because they always hurt my feet but these look like a good shape for me.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #44532 on: February 17, 2022, 01:46:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

these paradoxxx were fucking tanks, i had a pair as well and they were great. very stiff at first but i知 willing to spend a few days breaking a pair of shoes in if they池e going to be so durable. they really were some of the best vans i致e ever skated and they looked cool too. funny that they were a part of the surf line because they were so fucking great for skating
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I知 rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #44533 on: February 17, 2022, 01:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

these paradoxxx were fucking tanks, i had a pair as well and they were great. very stiff at first but i知 willing to spend a few days breaking a pair of shoes in if they池e going to be so durable. they really were some of the best vans i致e ever skated and they looked cool too. funny that they were a part of the surf line because they were so fucking great for skating

I actually picked them up based on your review of them when you initially posted them. They're awesome and I wish Vans had kept them around.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44534 on: February 17, 2022, 02:00:15 PM »

This sole is definitely a bit thinner than the Paradoxxx. Tried those in when our shop got them in and wasn't really into the feel of the sole. This one feels more flexible to me.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #44535 on: February 17, 2022, 02:02:02 PM »
not sure what it was but i couldn't skate the paradoxxx to save my life despite really wanting to like them, had two different pairs, too.

did you guys size up in them or are my feet just silly goose eggs cause they'd hurt after a while

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #44536 on: February 17, 2022, 02:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This sole is definitely a bit thinner than the Paradoxxx. Tried those in when our shop got them in and wasn't really into the feel of the sole. This one feels more flexible to me.

Good to know, will still probably buy for the nostalgia factor.

not sure what it was but i couldn't skate the paradoxxx to save my life despite really wanting to like them, had two different pairs, too.

did you guys size up in them or are my feet just silly goose eggs cause they'd hurt after a while

Mine were 1/2 size up, got them on clearance. They're slightly longer than I would like, but my normal size wasn't available and had I gotten them I think they would have been too narrow.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #44537 on: February 17, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'm sure you would've felt the same about the Supra x Lil Wayne line

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #44538 on: February 17, 2022, 02:57:01 PM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #44539 on: February 17, 2022, 03:00:09 PM »
Alexa play the Radio Disney version of Annihilation of the Wicked
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44540 on: February 17, 2022, 03:52:29 PM »

i bought them in the same size as my other vans and they did hurt for a while, the toebox was firm, not soft like most vans, but they broke in and then they were snug and comfy but kept their shape well
I steal too

I知 rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #44541 on: February 17, 2022, 05:02:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

At times I miss Supra, than things like this get posted and reminds me how terrible some brands were in the 2010s.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #44542 on: February 17, 2022, 05:34:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

At times I miss Supra, than things like this get posted and reminds me how terrible some brands were in the 2010s.

thought the same thing as i scrolled upon these. there were definitely a lot of "products of their time" in the 2010'ish years. dark times, for me at least lol

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #44543 on: February 17, 2022, 07:42:48 PM »

I am skating some right now. This was one of my favorite shoes in the mid 90s. A legit cupsole.
How much for an order of ribs?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #44544 on: February 17, 2022, 08:29:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
(eighth slide)
I知 what way?
[close]

[close]

Going through those slides, how Etnies and eS don't have a Sal 23 and SLB in every season is absolutely fucking criminal. That shoe would literally print money, simple no frills or heavy logo'd shoe.

How many times has the Sal 23 been reissued and then it drops off? The SLBs were produced earlier in the current eS run. If they were printing money, I doubt they'd take them out of the line up

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #44545 on: February 17, 2022, 09:20:57 PM »
Looks like the es Koston shoe is not gonna be released on the 19th.

WayneKerr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #44546 on: February 18, 2022, 12:18:04 AM »
Looks like the es Koston shoe is not gonna be released on the 19th.
My local shop in Australia had them 2 weeks ago
Dork tricks ain't nothing new, people just get internet likes for them now instead of being called a faggot like when I was a kid

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44547 on: February 18, 2022, 02:07:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
(eighth slide)
I知 what way?
[close]

[close]

[close]

How many times has the Sal 23 been reissued and then it drops off? The SLBs were produced earlier in the current eS run. If they were printing money, I doubt they'd take them out of the line up

but it痴 es though, of course they fucked up the sal 23 by putting an accel slim sole on it and making the whole shoe a lot thinner
I steal too

I知 rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #44548 on: February 18, 2022, 05:41:18 AM »
^^ That's the thing. They blew it so hard on the Sal 23 reissue that it's hard to even tell if there is/was demand for it. I'm sure it didn't sell very well, but there's no way to know if that's because truly nobody cares about old skate shoes, or because anyone who wanted a Sal 23 reissue didn't want the shoe that they actually put out. The sole was way too thin, the shape of the upper was all wrong, and the toebox was too pointy and long. If they needed to use an existing sole unit (and I understand that they probably did), they should have used the one from the Accel, not the Accel Slim.

They should try it again on the Accel sole, with a shorter/rounder toe, and just a little bit more padding on the upper.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #44549 on: February 18, 2022, 05:47:05 AM »
^^ That's the thing. They blew it so hard on the Sal 23 reissue that it's hard to even tell if there is/was demand for it. I'm sure it didn't sell very well, but there's no way to know if that's because truly nobody cares about old skate shoes, or because anyone who wanted a Sal 23 reissue didn't want the shoe that they actually put out. The sole was way too thin, the shape of the upper was all wrong, and the toebox was too pointy and long. If they needed to use an existing sole unit (and I understand that they probably did), they should have used the one from the Accel, not the Accel Slim.

They should try it again on the Accel sole, with a shorter/rounder toe, and just a little bit more padding on the upper.

I had the original Sal 23s back in the day and would pay top dollar for that shoe but would never even think of buying that abomination of a reiusse.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro