Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8702387 times)

TwisT, h00man, Safariferrari, FirstBlood82 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

JerrySeinfeld

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #34740 on: September 20, 2019, 06:44:03 AM »
That’s an ugly looking shoe. I’m excited for when every other shoe isn’t ruined by a giant rubber toe cap

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #34741 on: September 20, 2019, 06:57:52 AM »
That’s an ugly looking shoe. I’m excited for when every other shoe isn’t ruined by a giant rubber toe cap

Looks like a second color of suede based on the first photo
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #34742 on: September 20, 2019, 07:08:39 AM »
I tought those were footprint at first glance.

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #34743 on: September 20, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »

I have too much time on my hands, so I screenshotted these new slip on looking shoes on Kyle Walker’s Instagram. Maybe a different color way of that weird one that was posted awhile ago?

Looks like a velcro strap, no?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 10:24:59 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
Total newbie

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #34744 on: September 20, 2019, 08:51:23 AM »
Expand Quote

I have too much time on my hands, so I screenshotted these new slip on looking shoes on Kyle Walker’s Instagram. Maybe a different color way of that weird one that was posted awhile ago?
[close]

Yeah I agree, hopefully they have other colorways cause that looks like ass imo

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #34745 on: September 20, 2019, 08:54:28 AM »
I like the asphalt/black colorway.

I fuck with those. Vans dropping back to back bangers

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #34746 on: September 20, 2019, 08:54:40 AM »
Is the Chuck Taylor 70's a skate version? The regular 70's version works really good for skateboarding.

That Lakai shoe is a ripoff of Nike team classic. It kind of looks decent tho...

Are the Taylor 70s better for wide feet? Or the same thing as regular chucks?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #34747 on: September 20, 2019, 09:18:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Is the Chuck Taylor 70's a skate version? The regular 70's version works really good for skateboarding.

That Lakai shoe is a ripoff of Nike team classic. It kind of looks decent tho...
[close]

I can’t tell what’s what with the CONS skate stuff. Is it skate stuff (made with some intention toward the act of skating), is it just regular stuff that gets skated in, what’s what? I liked skating in my cons, I’m not sure if I could do it now. I do appreciate the look tho. I was talking to this cool old guy (late 50s, I’m in my early 40s, it’s relative) and he just had the cool old guy kit on: jeans, t shirt, un buttoned shirt, converse, glasses. You know the guy, you’ve seen him. Anyways....a better look than slightly younger guy (me) wearing baggy clothes and huge dc’s

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #34748 on: September 20, 2019, 09:26:14 AM »
Zoomed in it does look like a Velcro strap on his back foot but I can’t see it on his front. If it’s a Velcro strap that’s a a bummer. I can’t fuck with toddler shoes

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34749 on: September 20, 2019, 12:16:11 PM »

Generally anything listed as "pro" in the CONS line is skate-specific.  There are regular Chuck Taylor 70s and then these seem to be a skate version of those.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2247
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34750 on: September 20, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Generally anything listed as "pro" in the CONS line is skate-specific.  There are regular Chuck Taylor 70s and then these seem to be a skate version of those.

Those Chuck 70s aren't a skate version. They're just suede. The "pro" in the link refers to the second picture which is a skate version, the CTAS.

I can’t tell what’s what with the CONS skate stuff. Is it skate stuff (made with some intention toward the act of skating), is it just regular stuff that gets skated in, what’s what?

Yes the CONS line is skate stuff. Sometimes classics modified to skate in (skate Chucks and One Stars have a flatter, grippier sole, tongue straps, all that stuff), and new designs like the Louis. Converse from the skate line skate better than regular Converse.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #34751 on: September 20, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »

Kwalks 2 apparently
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:06:39 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #34752 on: September 20, 2019, 04:31:57 PM »
Those vans look like a fucking footprint shoe with a jazz stripe. Not a fan.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #34753 on: September 20, 2019, 05:08:26 PM »
Looks like the slip on exp pro meets the kyle walker.

adonainemo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #34754 on: September 20, 2019, 06:39:36 PM »
Wasn’t there another slip on with the waffle control sole?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #34755 on: September 20, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »
Correct, the slip on exp pro but it's not out yet.
Has the strap and the same sole as the berle.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #34756 on: September 20, 2019, 07:17:21 PM »
Looks like a slip on version of the Kyle walkers, similar to how Nike makes janoski slips

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #34757 on: September 20, 2019, 08:23:32 PM »
i still miss the adidas acapulco slip ons that looked like loafers...

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #34758 on: September 20, 2019, 09:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

from my experience, OG chucks are way more forgiving for wider feet, the chuck 70's are a little more structured.  i've had size 9 in OG converse chucks, CTAS pro's, and chuck 70's and the 70's by far felt the tightest around my foot.
good come sausage

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #34759 on: September 20, 2019, 11:38:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Those Chuck 70s aren't a skate version. They're just suede. The "pro" in the link refers to the second picture which is a skate version, the CTAS.

Expand Quote
I can’t tell what’s what with the CONS skate stuff. Is it skate stuff (made with some intention toward the act of skating), is it just regular stuff that gets skated in, what’s what?
[close]

Yes the CONS line is skate stuff. Sometimes classics modified to skate in (skate Chucks and One Stars have a flatter, grippier sole, tongue straps, all that stuff), and new designs like the Louis. Converse from the skate line skate better than regular Converse.

Per always, thank you Watson

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #34760 on: September 21, 2019, 01:43:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I'd say the same thing. I really like how they hug your feet. No slipping. They also have a higher foxing tape and tongue centering straps.

fftc

• Rep: 1
« Reply #34761 on: September 21, 2019, 05:54:30 AM »
I like the asphalt/black colorway.

I came so close to pressing the button on a pair of these this morning, but I don't back Rowleys lion shooting malarky and the thought of him getting a buck from it put me off. Shame, cos they look like nice shoes.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #34762 on: September 21, 2019, 06:31:59 AM »

crunchydank

• Rep: 9
« Reply #34763 on: September 21, 2019, 08:05:59 AM »
Classic white/gum Rowley Og’s are out too. Not sure if anyone posted them?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #34764 on: September 21, 2019, 11:49:55 AM »
buddy grabbed those new Tyshawn White/Red's from NJskateshop, haven't seen them available anywhere else yet though?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34765 on: September 21, 2019, 11:55:08 AM »
buddy grabbed those new Tyshawn White/Red's from NJskateshop, haven't seen them available anywhere else yet though?

Looks like the best colorway so far.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2247
« Reply #34766 on: September 21, 2019, 12:34:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just call me Bubblegum Watt. Cons, I'm gonna need that box, thanks.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #34767 on: September 21, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looks like the best colorway so far.
Very tempted on trying out the TJs but I’ve never had Adidas. Anyone know the sizing on these? I’m 10.5 tts

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #34768 on: September 21, 2019, 07:23:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I agree, hopefully they have other colorways cause that looks like ass imo

From the first photo, you can see right over the right side of the stripe that there's the other Velcro strap that you can't see in the second photo. Also, looking at the shadow on heel of the left shoe you can see it's the same wafflecup shape as the KW pros(the slight lift on the sole on the right shoe is exactly how his shoe looks and the area with stripe going toward the back is pretty much identical to the KW Pros).
The second photo looks like the layer on the toe looks more like a thermathane layer that goes around the toe up to the Velcro strap on the inner side of the shoe, but wraps fully around the side panel to the end of the stripe. But over all it looks like they just cut out from the toe up to the laces, put a slip on toe and reinforced it for durability. He did wear slip ons quite a bit before getting his own shoe so it wouldn't surprise me if his second shoe centered more around it

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #34769 on: September 21, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »
Converse Jack Purcell x Jenkem comes out next week.

Simple black and white with Jenkem letters embossed in the heel.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me