Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8687352 times)

george costanza, tom and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #38820 on: August 14, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »
There's a decent looking black/grey Lakai Telford coming out for those of you who don't want a crazy colour. But it's a Black Sabbath collab ahah. But pretty non descript if you just want some all black looking Telfords.
What's the Sabbath branding look like? Also just to be a little snarky, what year is it?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #38821 on: August 14, 2020, 02:39:08 PM »
Anybody catch that new Grant Taylor trip edit on Thrasher yet? Rowan looks to be skating in an all-black colorway of his shoe

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #38822 on: August 14, 2020, 03:55:04 PM »
Anybody catch that new Grant Taylor trip edit on Thrasher yet? Rowan looks to be skating in an all-black colorway of his shoe
think that was rumored to be a supreme collab :/

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #38823 on: August 14, 2020, 05:27:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah the all black rowan is a supreme collab (leather too???). i hope the white/black one is general release i really want those

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38824 on: August 14, 2020, 05:45:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s unfortunate

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #38825 on: August 14, 2020, 07:13:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That’s unfortunate

A silver color as well. Probably coming out this upcoming F/W season.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #38826 on: August 14, 2020, 09:59:33 PM »
does anyone when the white/black Rowans are coming out? I saw they're in Europe, any word on an American release?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
« Reply #38827 on: August 15, 2020, 12:30:41 PM »
Expand Quote
There's a decent looking black/grey Lakai Telford coming out for those of you who don't want a crazy colour. But it's a Black Sabbath collab ahah. But pretty non descript if you just want some all black looking Telfords.
[close]
What's the Sabbath branding look like? Also just to be a little snarky, what year is it?

Yeah its a dumb collar for sure. The shoe is black with a grey toe box, flare, and sole. Little grey Sabbath angel dude on the collar, kinda big Black Sabbath logo on the back of the heel but it's just embossed into the suede. It's there but it's subtle.

Sorry can't send photos or Riley Hawk and Ozzy Osbourne will come to my house and force make me listen to a conversation about how heavy metal is just like skateboarding.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #38828 on: August 15, 2020, 12:43:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Worst shoes ever
[close]
what was your issue with them again? i got a pair from the ebay deal a few weeks back and haven't worn them really at all, only once around the house. super low to the ground
[close]
the busenitz vulc 1 was shit, sole was so thin and tread pattern goes bald quick. the 2 is a much better version, just this photo makes it look like a potato emerica or something.
Bought some on that eBay deal. Pretty narrow, but I have wide feet and they have stretched out some. Not even close to being the worst shoes I’ve had.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #38829 on: August 15, 2020, 12:52:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Worst shoes ever
[close]
what was your issue with them again? i got a pair from the ebay deal a few weeks back and haven't worn them really at all, only once around the house. super low to the ground
[close]
the busenitz vulc 1 was shit, sole was so thin and tread pattern goes bald quick. the 2 is a much better version, just this photo makes it look like a potato emerica or something.
[close]
Bought some on that eBay deal. Pretty narrow, but I have wide feet and they have stretched out some. Not even close to being the worst shoes I’ve had.

I'm in the worst shoe ever camp.

Bought a pair for $20 and won't even wear them as chillers. Super uncomfortable.

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #38830 on: August 15, 2020, 02:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Worst shoes ever
[close]
[close]
[close]
The 2's are a step up..........a very small step. The only thing I liked more with these was the flick from the hexagon tread on the soles, but the durability was not much better than the original

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38831 on: August 16, 2020, 06:22:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Worst shoes ever
[close]
Instant lower back pain.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #38832 on: August 16, 2020, 09:03:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Worst shoes ever
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Bought a pair for $20 and won't even wear them as chillers. Super uncomfortable.
size?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #38833 on: August 16, 2020, 01:48:59 PM »
I tried on the Busenitz Vulc 2 and my feet hurt just standing in them. I can't comprehend why adidas makes high-tape shoes (I'm including the Matchbreak Super here as well) where the foot rests so high. My arch "pours over" the tape, but other high-taped shoes (most Vans, for example) my foot doesn't do this at all.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #38834 on: August 16, 2020, 05:08:34 PM »
my feet aren't even that wide and they barely work in addias.
I had a pit of their Seelys whch was similar the the og Chima from vans and worked great. This pair of Busenits is weird
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #38835 on: August 16, 2020, 09:36:47 PM »
while the busenitz pro are still far superior imo, i really enjoyed the vulc 2's and even got another pair to skate. i do have a pretty narrow foot though
:) I must have been tripping last night

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #38836 on: August 17, 2020, 12:34:36 AM »

Didn’t see this one coming and I’m not 100% sure it belongs, but I’m not sure it warrants its own thread either
fuck you bama

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #38837 on: August 17, 2020, 01:39:43 AM »

Didn’t see this one coming and I’m not 100% sure it belongs, but I’m not sure it warrants its own thread either

They have been discussed here.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=89457.2220

A raffle for those interested.

https://launches.endclothing.com/product/new-balance-x-dime-860-v2-ml860dm2

https://launches.endclothing.com/product/new-balance-x-dime-860-v2-ml860de2
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #38838 on: August 17, 2020, 05:27:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Im pretty sure its these hes skating in

https://www.tactics.com/vans/rowan-pro-skate-shoes/parisian-night

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #38839 on: August 17, 2020, 06:52:01 AM »

That looks like every pair of New Balance running shoes ever.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38840 on: August 17, 2020, 07:02:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't think so, I have these and they're not nearly as dark in person as they look in that photo. Seen footage of him skating in these as well and they definitely don't look similar to the ones in the tour video.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #38841 on: August 17, 2020, 09:26:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I don't think so, I have these and they're not nearly as dark in person as they look in that photo. Seen footage of him skating in these as well and they definitely don't look similar to the ones in the tour video.
I'm a huge fan of NB whether running shoes or skate shoes.
But I am a little surprised that they're going with a trendy dad shoe like this, other than going with something really high end and classic like a 997 or 1300 but that's just my personal taste.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #38842 on: August 17, 2020, 10:41:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Worst shoes ever
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
size?

8 - black/gum samba colourway

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #38843 on: August 17, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm a huge fan of NB whether running shoes or skate shoes.
But I am a little surprised that they're going with a trendy dad shoe like this, other than going with something really high end and classic like a 997 or 1300 but that's just my personal taste.

I like NB. Team and shoes are great. But if anyone can make a dad shoe it’s NB. They been making corny dad shoes since before it was cool to wear corny dad shoes.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1579
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #38844 on: August 17, 2020, 06:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was lurking around online and saw the new tilts. The grey ones look good.  I don’t care for the extra white around laces  on the black ones.

[close]

These miss the mark for me. I don't think reissuing them as a vulc was the right decision.

Should've gotten the reynolds g6 treatment imo.
[close]
Well they're doing the soletech thing, release a bunch of shoes on the same sole so you don't have to make another regardless of the upper fits the last of the rest of the shoe. If the last is designed with a slim upper, then you use the same last and add 4 more paneling layers to the shoe it's gonna look funky and out of shape.
I will happily skate a soletech shoe, but I'm not gonna buy it when they make something just to have another product to sell.

Think back to mid-2000's. Every vulc emerica/etnies shoe had the same sole as the Reynolds 3.
Same with ES now, use the same Scheme sole with different uppers to extend the profitability of the sole mold.

Seeing these remakes is just like getting back with an ex.  In theory it sounds delightful as our memories create a romanticized view.  Then seeing the remake is like getting into that first fight again and you realize why that relationship went down the shitter.

The only remakes that are not a total shit show are the DC lynx zero.

If you're going to make tilts emerica, make tilts. Everyone wants the MJ1 anyway.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
« Reply #38845 on: August 18, 2020, 01:00:59 PM »

Lol wut?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #38846 on: August 18, 2020, 07:24:20 PM »
Saw this on Vice today:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #38847 on: August 18, 2020, 10:48:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol wut?

funny stuff I got the feeling these may not be popular here..
They may become down the track.. slap pals can be a fickle bunch

got this colorway But the black is suede
they arrived today and are nicer than I expected ..
look forward to skating in the next day or so

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #38848 on: August 19, 2020, 01:21:01 AM »
Heard at the shop this weekend that Pop Cush is going to be phased out later this year in favor of a new insole for Pro shoes.   I’ve liked pop Cush better than the last insoles, but I had a weird thing with the Rowans and the Lotties Eras being really tight around the lace stitching.  Maybe it’s because they’re further back than typical shoes, but it wasn’t quite worth losing the heel slippage

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #38849 on: August 19, 2020, 03:52:01 AM »
Heard at the shop this weekend that Pop Cush is going to be phased out later this year in favor of a new insole for Pro shoes.   I’ve liked pop Cush better than the last insoles, but I had a weird thing with the Rowans and the Lotties Eras being really tight around the lace stitching.  Maybe it’s because they’re further back than typical shoes, but it wasn’t quite worth losing the heel slippage
seems quick to phase out popcush it’ll barely be a year but guess it was just a hold over