Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664982 times)

HugeBodBoyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #38850 on: August 19, 2020, 04:28:07 AM »
Heard at the shop this weekend that Pop Cush is going to be phased out later this year in favor of a new insole for Pro shoes.   I’ve liked pop Cush better than the last insoles, but I had a weird thing with the Rowans and the Lotties Eras being really tight around the lace stitching.  Maybe it’s because they’re further back than typical shoes, but it wasn’t quite worth losing the heel slippage

Sounds like The Boss smuggled the G6 formula out Captain Koons style.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #38851 on: August 19, 2020, 06:17:10 AM »
Heard at the shop this weekend that Pop Cush is going to be phased out later this year in favor of a new insole for Pro shoes.   I’ve liked pop Cush better than the last insoles, but I had a weird thing with the Rowans and the Lotties Eras being really tight around the lace stitching.  Maybe it’s because they’re further back than typical shoes, but it wasn’t quite worth losing the heel slippage

Another new one? Huh, interesting. I thought the Pop Cush felt pretty good.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38852 on: August 19, 2020, 06:46:38 AM »
Heard at the shop this weekend that Pop Cush is going to be phased out later this year in favor of a new insole for Pro shoes.
Thank god. Just do what they did with the AVE and they'll be fine after they figure out how to make that formula in a gum color.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #38853 on: August 19, 2020, 08:01:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Heard at the shop this weekend that Pop Cush is going to be phased out later this year in favor of a new insole for Pro shoes.
[close]
Thank god. Just do what they did with the AVE and they'll be fine after they figure out how to make that formula in a gum color.

Right?! just make the aves with a normal colored sole.

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #38854 on: August 19, 2020, 08:04:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wouldn't be surprised my rowan are pinching in the inside toe but it's already broken in enough it doesn't feel that way any more. But my half a size up Halfcab pro never felt broken in at the toe even over a year, i realize one problem was the cush insole was abit to thick. Seeing that my reynolds 3 g6 was done already did the insole swap and basically it is perfect now.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #38855 on: August 19, 2020, 08:04:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The all blacks look the best for that. I feel like the UltimateWaffle is their top tier tech though so that'll be reserved for the $100 pricepoint stuff.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #38856 on: August 19, 2020, 08:11:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wouldn't be surprised my rowan are pinching in the inside toe but it's already broken in enough it doesn't feel that way any more. But my half a size up Halfcab pro never felt broken in at the toe even over a year, i realize one problem was the cush insole was abit to thick. Seeing that my reynolds 3 g6 was done already did the insole swap and basically it is perfect now.

I had that same toe pinch when I swapped insoles so see if the tongue stitching would feel better.  Unfortunately it’s hard to replace those with how your ankle hits the shoe.  It needs that thick insole height imo

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #38857 on: August 19, 2020, 08:44:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Already? Wow Vans can't seem to get their fit and cushioning right to save their lives.
Luckily everyone's already brainwashed into skating their shoes. My Rowans with pOpKuSHH put my foot in a terrible position and was causing it to pop and hurt so much I couldn't skate for 2 weeks.
With Vans type of cash, they could definitely invest in their shoes comfortably fitting more people's feet.

I have a pair of Karhu running shoes and they've analyzed like 10,000 people's feet to determine a fit that works for the majority of people. They basically cost the same as a pair of AVEs and I'm sure the profit margin is lower since they actually have tech in them. So, to me, Vans has no excuse to pump out shoes that actually work without changing major features every 6 months. Popcush was rolled out with the Rowan not long ago...

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #38858 on: August 19, 2020, 08:54:25 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDPDWRopIdx/

Best look at Last Resort colourways here

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #38859 on: August 19, 2020, 08:56:45 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDPDWRopIdx/

Best look at Last Resort colourways here
Looks so slim that my toes curled just from thinking about putting these on

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #38860 on: August 19, 2020, 09:12:42 AM »
Definitely a bigger fan of the PopCush than the UltraCush HD, but would love to see where they go next. Perhaps something with a bit of a call back to the UltraCush 3D? Big fan of the harder plastic around the heel.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #38861 on: August 19, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »
It needs that thick insole height imo
Old lunarlons with a fp heel saver are pretty much the same height as vans pro insoles for anyone who's got old stuff lying around. FP elite insoles work well too.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #38862 on: August 19, 2020, 10:07:00 AM »
Wasn't sure about the AB shoes but they're looking real good in that IG post

wheee!

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #38863 on: August 19, 2020, 10:14:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It's probably the best shoe they make, and it checks off everything on my skate shoe checklist, but I'll likely never buy it because they refuse to release even one colourway of it that doesn't have that stupid translucent baby blue ass sole. It looks disgusting.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #38864 on: August 19, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Already? Wow Vans can't seem to get their fit and cushioning right to save their lives.
Luckily everyone's already brainwashed into skating their shoes. My Rowans with pOpKuSHH put my foot in a terrible position and was causing it to pop and hurt so much I couldn't skate for 2 weeks.
With Vans type of cash, they could definitely invest in their shoes comfortably fitting more people's feet.

I have a pair of Karhu running shoes and they've analyzed like 10,000 people's feet to determine a fit that works for the majority of people. They basically cost the same as a pair of AVEs and I'm sure the profit margin is lower since they actually have tech in them. So, to me, Vans has no excuse to pump out shoes that actually work without changing major features every 6 months. Popcush was rolled out with the Rowan not long ago...
[close]

Running shoes are on such a higher level than skateboarding shoes. They're literally helping runners trim time off of world records with new releases. Some international panel on athletics had to decide if these new running shoes were legal because they were so good. Even small startups, like Atreyu shoes, make an excellent product (according to reviews).

And then we have skateboard shoe companies that have been in the industry over 20 years complaining that it costs too much money to make one fucking cupsole mold. So, Vans, basically rebranding footwear that was designed during the Vietnam War, before calculators were invented, is probably our best option.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #38865 on: August 19, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »
I've only tried Chima 2's, but my next and potential last pair will be the Ave's.

If anything, Vans is worse then Nike and Adidas. Its obvious that they use the cheapest shit. The inner on Vans shoes is a joke, and so is the heel lock. Only positive about Vans is the durability in the flick area's.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #38866 on: August 19, 2020, 01:00:21 PM »
I'm really digging those Last Resorts

Lately I've been wanting to wear something super neutral. I Like the look of classic eras but the canvas is a no go.Rocking the CTAS pros atm but would rather give Pontus my money than nike.

Little Debbie

« Reply #38867 on: August 19, 2020, 01:17:56 PM »
I know Lakai vulcs really are not great, but damn these Manchester look just about perfect. best toebox and overall silhouette, I think I like Manchesters better than Bruins tbh

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38868 on: August 19, 2020, 01:41:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

My understanding is that the compound used for the AVE only works for the clear rubber. Sounds kinda weird but it explains why it's always clear. However, Spring 21 there is a "black/gum" colour coming where the sole is still translucent but has a gum brown coloured tint to it rather than the blue.

Wasn't sure about the AB shoes but they're looking real good in that IG post

The Last Resort shoes are cool. Not for everyone, I don't think I could rock them but I dig them. Definitely aimed at a person who wants a fancier shoe with minimal branding. The interior is more premium than regular shoes. But they'll be expensive. But Pontus has a following so I think they'll do decent.

Our shop is expecting them early Sep. I can give some feedback when they show up.

zahed

• Rep: -28
« Reply #38869 on: August 19, 2020, 03:31:46 PM »

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #38870 on: August 19, 2020, 04:00:11 PM »
we're about to make it to 1300 on this thread guys. important moment.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #38873 on: August 19, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »

got these coming in the mail tomorrow, but might have to save them until its cool enough to actually wear pants again.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 9
« Reply #38875 on: August 20, 2020, 05:25:40 AM »
Everyone keeps saying the Ave is the best shoe. Which is true, but it has one flaw that ruins it for me.

Right where the mesh is I ripped that in under 3 sessions. Wish they would address that issue, especially for a 100 dollar shoe.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #38876 on: August 20, 2020, 07:04:21 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEHKnxzguh6/?igshid=dklhbspaccu5

Are these the one the Palace Collabs. Or just a new colorway of the model used?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #38877 on: August 20, 2020, 08:36:30 AM »
New blue version of the Puig.

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #38878 on: August 20, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »
I know Lakai vulcs really are not great, but damn these Manchester look just about perfect. best toebox and overall silhouette, I think I like Manchesters better than Bruins tbh

Just bought the yellow ones, and they’re great. Good shoe. Will buy more

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #38879 on: August 20, 2020, 10:28:36 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEHKnxzguh6/?igshid=dklhbspaccu5

Are these the one the Palace Collabs. Or just a new colorway of the model used?
Looks like this is Puig's new model. I'm crossing fingers that it will have suede versions and wont have the Palace collab price tag