Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664120 times)

switchfrontnose and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #39240 on: September 18, 2020, 03:19:58 PM »
Guys, a triangle has 3 sides.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39241 on: September 18, 2020, 03:48:50 PM »
Guys, a triangle has 3 sides.
slow down Puleo

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #39242 on: September 18, 2020, 04:08:58 PM »

Junglist

« Reply #39243 on: September 18, 2020, 04:09:12 PM »
Francis/ridgemont/reynolds 3 era emerica was pretty cool. Pretty much pre 2014 emerica was absolutely great

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #39245 on: September 18, 2020, 08:33:19 PM »
I like the alcoves as a cupsole.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39246 on: September 18, 2020, 09:20:13 PM »
I like the alcoves as a cupsole.
they look clean fo’sho

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #39249 on: September 19, 2020, 04:54:14 AM »
Puig live only small sizes left?

https://www.adidas.com/us/puig-shoes/FV5930.html

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #39250 on: September 19, 2020, 08:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote
real game-changing shit from Emerica!!!!
I'm interested to see if the Figgy Dose stays in the lineup or if they cupsoled the Alcove to take it's place.
Literally a mix of the Figgy 1 & 2

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #39251 on: September 19, 2020, 10:57:18 AM »
not big on vans but i need those
I'm not rocking vulcs or Vans anymore... but this colorway (and the all white leather ones) truly has me ready to open my wallet up for em!
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39252 on: September 19, 2020, 11:02:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Am I the only one "bothered" by Reynolds saying "I can't skate vulcs" and then only skating vulcs?
[close]

Yes, because he’s already addressed the “issue” a few months ago.
[close]
Could you please provide some enlightenment?
[close]

I don’t really remember bc I wasn’t that scandalized by the change but I believe it was something about Vans Vulcs have more support than emericas (he also seems to skate new AVEs a lot) and he doesn’t skate high impact stuff anymore.  I think it’s in one of his first interviews talking about the change over
Imagine thinking Vans vulcs have more protection than the G6 model he used to run on Emerica. lol ::)  Sounds like Reynolds drank the Vans kool-aid for a check at this point (that was hard to type/admit and I hope it ain't true), UNLESS he is actually working on getting Vans to run more cupsoles similar to the AVE Pro in the future.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #39253 on: September 19, 2020, 11:31:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Am I the only one "bothered" by Reynolds saying "I can't skate vulcs" and then only skating vulcs?
[close]

[close]
[close]

I don’t really remember bc I wasn’t that scandalized by the change but I believe it was something about Vans Vulcs have more support than emericas (he also seems to skate new AVEs a lot) and he doesn’t skate high impact stuff anymore.  I think it’s in one of his first interviews talking about the change over
[close]
Imagine thinking Vans vulcs have more protection than the G6 model he used to run on Emerica. lol ::)  Sounds like Reynolds drank the Vans kool-aid for a check at this point (that was hard to type/admit and I hope it ain't true), UNLESS he is actually working on getting Vans to run more cupsoles similar to the AVE Pro in the future.

Emerica wasn’t treating him well for a couple of contracts and he actively pursued getting on Vans so I don’t think any flavorade was drank, probably just a preference changed. 

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #39254 on: September 19, 2020, 09:13:29 PM »
someone convince me i don't need those half cabs
:) I must have been tripping last night

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #39255 on: September 19, 2020, 10:02:08 PM »
someone convince me i don't need those half cabs

Okay.

1. They’re half cab pros, not originals, so the shape is whacky.
2. They’re baby blue.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39256 on: September 19, 2020, 11:24:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Emerica wasn’t treating him well for a couple of contracts and he actively pursued getting on Vans so I don’t think any flavorade was drank, probably just a preference changed.
Fair play if Emerica did not treat him well. I never saw anything in the numerous "Reynolds of Emerica" threads about a year ago about that, so thank you! As for the flavorade comment, that was why I added "i hope it ain't true" since I don't think Reynolds is that foolish (clearly he's not - multiple brands doing well in skateboarding currently or previously highlight that)
Super Champion Fun Zone

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #39257 on: September 20, 2020, 02:57:50 AM »
yo tbh my guess is emerica simply couldn't afford to keep reynolds any longer if he doesn't produce parts like he used to. that company doesn't have the budget to keep even him as a legacy pro. it would actually be a liability because i'm sure companies like emerica operate on a year to year basis nowadays. vans has vf money, they can easily pay reynolds better than emerica well into his 50s if he chooses to skate as long, while he has no pressure to create any magnum opus part for them anymore. i could see the seperation being a mutually beneficial thing in the end. it frees up funds for emerica to invest in the future or bump up others to flagship pro, and reynolds can get involved with vans as much as he like. he basically ensured that he will be part of a shoe team for the next ten years as opposed to being the main attraction at a fairly fledgeling company that might go under quickly if they have one or two really bad years of sales.

also it's kinda cool how he is now on the same team as tony hawk and cardiel and cab and all these other legends. if vans is sort of the shoe retirement home then that's totally fine imo.

so it probably was money motivated movements on all sides, but not the super greedy kind. reynolds and emerica just looking out for themselves financially, respectively. you probably won't catch me in vans anytime soon because of it, but it's cool reynolds is so stoked on these shoes and he clearly wants to do shit at vans in regards to designing or modding shoes.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #39258 on: September 20, 2020, 11:02:24 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFVElwzFQhh/?igshid=1uxb4t77qv04x

Are they doing the bag thing like the did with the last Quasi collab?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #39259 on: September 20, 2020, 11:12:55 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFVElwzFQhh/?igshid=1uxb4t77qv04x

Are they doing the bag thing like the did with the last Quasi collab?

Don’t know what that was, but I saw they have a Gilbert figurine

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39260 on: September 20, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »
I think the bag is sold separately. White ones available too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFXSefhFloV/?igshid=3caojmwkgbq5
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39261 on: September 20, 2020, 02:14:38 PM »
How is the heel lock on the Gilby Hi's? I feel like my skinny heels would slip right out of them if I didn't football lace them like Chucks.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #39262 on: September 20, 2020, 02:43:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I think Reynolds' cup/vulc preference switched at some point while he was still on Emerica. I remember him wearing the Reynolds Low Vulc (aka 'The Low') a fair bit toward the end with Emerica. A Vans Pro vulc has less to it than a G6 cupsole, but his Emerica vulcs were some of the flimsiest shoes I've ever seen. If it's Vans Pro vulc vs. that shoe, the Vans is a step up in protection.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #39263 on: September 20, 2020, 05:46:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I think Reynolds' cup/vulc preference switched at some point while he was still on Emerica. I remember him wearing the Reynolds Low Vulc (aka 'The Low') a fair bit toward the end with Emerica. A Vans Pro vulc has less to it than a G6 cupsole, but his Emerica vulcs were some of the flimsiest shoes I've ever seen. If it's Vans Pro vulc vs. that shoe, the Vans is a step up in protection.

the reynolds 3s were vulc - with a thick tongue and good collar... but i do recall during the "stay gold" era and baker has a deathwish he wore the hell out those AR slims which were an amazing vulc.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39264 on: September 20, 2020, 07:42:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

the reynolds 3s were vulc - with a thick tongue and good collar... but i do recall during the "stay gold" era and baker has a deathwish he wore the hell out those AR slims Classic which were an amazing vulc.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #39265 on: September 20, 2020, 07:44:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

the reynolds 3s were vulc - with a thick tongue and good collar... but i do recall during the "stay gold" era and baker has a deathwish he wore the hell out those AR slims Classic which were an amazing vulc.
[close]

That era of sole tech was garbage. Hardest, worst soles.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #39266 on: September 20, 2020, 08:22:00 PM »
This is honestly disrespectful with how lazy this is.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #39267 on: September 20, 2020, 08:23:39 PM »
Wow
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #39268 on: September 20, 2020, 08:25:17 PM »
i can't even think of any zingers

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429