Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664158 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #39270 on: September 20, 2020, 08:30:25 PM »
This is honestly disrespectful with how lazy this is.

Someone should burn their warehouse down. That shit is garbage.

This brand needs to die, or they just need to fucking go away gracefully. No one is asking for this trash.

Also jaws, neen, and whoever else skates/takes money from them should be ashamed.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39271 on: September 20, 2020, 08:47:26 PM »
Expand Quote
This is honestly disrespectful with how lazy this is.

[close]

Someone should burn their warehouse down. That shit is garbage.

This brand needs to die, or they just need to fucking go away gracefully. No one is asking for this trash.

Also jaws, neen, and whoever else skates/takes money from them should be ashamed.

I remember Paul Hart posted like a rendering of the ODB and it looked even worse. Same goes for den production pair.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #39272 on: September 20, 2020, 10:45:28 PM »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39273 on: September 20, 2020, 11:12:04 PM »
People were saying how much they don't like the triangle on the heel... cus it was "like the palace logo".

What about all the fucking P's on the tongue? That is ok, because his name starts with a P?

Is that not the same thing, and even more apparent? Or am I missing something? Aren’t they collabs anyway?

They look nice though regardless.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 11:22:33 PM by os89 »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #39274 on: September 21, 2020, 12:54:24 AM »
Is the fit on the Wino Slips TTS? I'm gonna take the Pepsi challenge on those. I love the Vans Slip On Pro and I've had a bunch of pairs of both those and the regular version over the years but it's fair to say they take a minute to break in. I usually wear them around half the day for about two weeks before I can move them in to full time rotation. I'm down to try something that fits well right away and has all of the other attributes of the slip on I'm used to. If they die, they die.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39275 on: September 21, 2020, 03:59:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what’s the fit on these?
it’s adidas’ skate program so basically ... you won’t actually know until you try them on in person

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #39276 on: September 21, 2020, 04:42:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what’s the fit on these?

I would say the closest thing is the Busenitz in terms of sizing and snugness. I go TTS.

People were saying how much they don't like the triangle on the heel... cus it was "like the palace logo".

What about all the fucking P's on the tongue? That is ok, because his name starts with a P?

Is that not the same thing, and even more apparent? Or am I missing something? Aren’t they collabs anyway?

They designed it together with Lev (the owner of Palace) and made it like that on purpose. The P is the actual Palace logo P.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39277 on: September 21, 2020, 05:58:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They designed it together with Lev (the owner of Palace) and made it like that on purpose. The P is the actual Palace logo P.

Ok yea, that’s what I thought. So of course it makes sense and they’re going to look like that.

I just didn’t read anyone saying anything about being bothered by all those little P’s as much as the heel, just thought that was weird.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #39278 on: September 21, 2020, 06:10:38 AM »
Maybe no one noticed?
I didn’t realize it until you called it out.
I just assumed the tongue had a lumpy, goosebump ten true to it.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #39279 on: September 21, 2020, 07:00:10 AM »
Maybe no one noticed?
so this just another colorway of the adidas x palace collab from this spring
Palace x adidas Puig 1

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #39280 on: September 21, 2020, 07:07:03 AM »

I actually really like the heel. It looks unique at least.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39281 on: September 21, 2020, 07:12:04 AM »
I've never heard complaining about the heel but to me it's one of the best parts of the shoe!

Expand Quote
Maybe no one noticed?
[close]
so this just another colorway of the adidas x palace collab from this spring
Palace x adidas Puig 1

Apparently they were going to change it up a bit for the production model (different lace loops and stuff) but they decided to keep it the way it is.. I'm glad they did.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #39282 on: September 21, 2020, 08:17:32 AM »
shoe is beautiful

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39283 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:40 AM »
The heel makes more sense while wearing it too as oppose to still pictures, you'll see the pattern going underneath the sole better.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #39284 on: September 21, 2020, 09:59:42 AM »
honestly probably a good marketing move to put the palace P on the tongue so now palace-heads have another thing to blow their money on.

get that money LUCA$
good come sausage

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #39285 on: September 21, 2020, 10:01:23 AM »
honestly probably a good marketing move to put the palace P on the tongue so now palace-heads have another thing to blow their money on.

get that money LUCA$
I can’t hate. I want to be like Lucas when I grow up. Plus, dude puts out great footage out and it doesn’t miss.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #39286 on: September 21, 2020, 10:56:00 AM »
How is the heel lock on the Gilby Hi's? I feel like my skinny heels would slip right out of them if I didn't football lace them like Chucks.
I got skinny heels but a wide foot and my pair lock into my heels perfectly. I do lace them to the second to last hole, but I think you could get away with less.

I think the bag is sold separately. White ones available too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFXSefhFloV/?igshid=3caojmwkgbq5
Damn, these are insanely sick. I hope they keep doing colorways like this with a colored stripe. I love my black pair but I'm so tempted to cop this pair too... will have to resist because god knows I don't need more shoes.

god damnit

• Rep: 3
« Reply #39287 on: September 21, 2020, 03:42:20 PM »
Is the fit on the Wino Slips TTS? I'm gonna take the Pepsi challenge on those. I love the Vans Slip On Pro and I've had a bunch of pairs of both those and the regular version over the years but it's fair to say they take a minute to break in. I usually wear them around half the day for about two weeks before I can move them in to full time rotation. I'm down to try something that fits well right away and has all of the other attributes of the slip on I'm used to. If they die, they die.

wino slips are true to size. after not buying any emericas for 10+ years (no particular reason), i got the suede pastel yellow ones on sale and ive gotta say im pleasantly surprised. the rubber compound seems to be holding up much better than recent vans ive had and they feel a lot more stable as well. also had a pair of the romero americanas recently and was similarly surprised how well they held their shape, and how long the suede lasted. i could have skated the pair i had for even longer probably but i would blow through laces every sesh so that was it

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39288 on: September 21, 2020, 05:59:52 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #39289 on: September 21, 2020, 09:32:04 PM »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #39290 on: September 23, 2020, 06:59:34 AM »
Expand Quote
How is the heel lock on the Gilby Hi's? I feel like my skinny heels would slip right out of them if I didn't football lace them like Chucks.
[close]
I got skinny heels but a wide foot and my pair lock into my heels perfectly. I do lace them to the second to last hole, but I think you could get away with less.

Expand Quote
I think the bag is sold separately. White ones available too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFXSefhFloV/?igshid=3caojmwkgbq5
[close]
Damn, these are insanely sick. I hope they keep doing colorways like this with a colored stripe. I love my black pair but I'm so tempted to cop this pair too... will have to resist because god knows I don't need more shoes.

How is the sizing on these? I run a 9.5 in blazers and most skate shoes.TTS?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #39291 on: September 23, 2020, 07:54:39 AM »
Can anyone ID these shoes?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFez7ERFl4f/

Looks like this guy gets shoes from Adidas based on his instagram, but that doesn't look like any Adidas shoe that I'm aware of. I like the look of them - nice colours, simple design, cupsole. Kind of remind me of mid-90's Vans cupsoles before they tried to go tech/puffy.

crunchydank

• Rep: 6
« Reply #39292 on: September 23, 2020, 08:14:56 AM »
I had a great chuckle to those ODB Footprints on the previous page, thanks guys. They are depressingly bad.

Diocletian

« Reply #39293 on: September 23, 2020, 08:24:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wino slips are true to size. after not buying any emericas for 10+ years (no particular reason), i got the suede pastel yellow ones on sale and ive gotta say im pleasantly surprised. the rubber compound seems to be holding up much better than recent vans ive had and they feel a lot more stable as well. also had a pair of the romero americanas recently and was similarly surprised how well they held their shape, and how long the suede lasted. i could have skated the pair i had for even longer probably but i would blow through laces every sesh so that was it

I found the Wino G6 Slip On outsoles to be just as short lasting as Vans outsoles. Lakai Owen's have more impact protection and durable outsole. Go for those.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #39294 on: September 23, 2020, 10:33:03 AM »
Last resort mids

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #39295 on: September 23, 2020, 11:20:44 AM »

Looks like this guy gets shoes from Adidas based on his instagram, but that doesn't look like any Adidas shoe that I'm aware of. I like the look of them - nice colours, simple design, cupsole. Kind of remind me of mid-90's Vans cupsoles before they tried to go tech/puffy.
https://instagram.com/areth_foot_wear?igshid=4dm7krh9zdtn

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #39296 on: September 23, 2020, 11:26:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was wondering what those were too, company has a lot of cool colorways. Thanks for the ID!

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #39297 on: September 23, 2020, 12:33:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey, thanks!

The shoes look really cool in skate photos, but awful in the company's catalog/product photos.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #39298 on: September 23, 2020, 01:22:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Hey, thanks!

The shoes look really cool in skate photos, but awful in the company's catalog/product photos.

Impossible to get in US as far as I've experienced. If anyone finds a way would love to hear about it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39299 on: September 23, 2020, 02:52:15 PM »
Areth look kinda comical In the flesh though, hard to describe but almost clown-like. I think it’s the lace loops, they always seem a tad exaggerated

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year