Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664272 times)

commie and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #40680 on: January 12, 2021, 12:28:15 PM »
I am (was) a Huf Dylan Slip On addict. I want to be offended by these, but I also kinda want them...

same....same...
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40681 on: January 12, 2021, 12:47:32 PM »
Judging that those posts are from Vans Japan and ABC Mart, those very well may be a Japan exclusive. They have a whole different deal going on over there. These are some Vans I took a picture of in Japan in 2008:

In any case, what size are you Dylan Slip addicts for? My shop still has some. We're in Canada but they're on sale. DM me if you want to check what we have.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #40683 on: January 12, 2021, 03:21:15 PM »
Judging that those posts are from Vans Japan and ABC Mart, those very well may be a Japan exclusive. They have a whole different deal going on over there. These are some Vans I took a picture of in Japan in 2008:

Yeah, not exactly sure on the situation but I read on ABC Mart's wiki page that they are they hold all the rights to Vans distro in Japan, and it seems like they make their own Vans exclusively for the Japan market. When I was there 3 years ago I went into a ABC Mart store and saw some Stan Smith (Van Smith?) knockoffs. I think these are them:

But is the Authentic Slip a complete knockoff? It's literally just an Authentic, all the same panels, without laces and lace holes right?

At any rate, it's like the wild west out east. They get to make whatever without worrying about copyright or design infringement. I doubt those Authentic Slips will make it out to the US or Europe ever, just like the black leather ones from a couple years ago.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #40684 on: January 12, 2021, 03:59:46 PM »
Vans Japan are a rogue state; they can literally make anything they like, those shoes posted are just the tip of the iceberg. On the surface it might look like a straight up Dylan clone, but even Dylan got the design from a Gucci loafer right? If they straight up bit his huf shoe (the non slip on one), then sure get your knickers in a knot, not sure if it’s worth it over this one though...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:12:36 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #40685 on: January 12, 2021, 07:28:35 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9cVUOnwxU/?igshid=1foyqwj8nqtxl

Must be the new Skate Half-Cab. Looks good. I wonder if the shape is closer to the originals.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #40686 on: January 12, 2021, 07:50:49 PM »

Must be the new Skate Half-Cab. Looks good. I wonder if the shape is closer to the originals.
I posted in the new vans thread with some details i've been piecing together, but it seems like these new skate classics were redesigned with the classic line in mind. the foxing is reduced a few mm and the diamond pattern on the toecap is different/deeper. think the insole is revised too but havent seen in person to confirm. rubber is same as rowans and there were complaints on the white midsole of the new sick stick attracting dirt, so this sheen is to prevent that. seems like the classic colors are coming soon to the skate classics line.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40687 on: January 12, 2021, 11:34:41 PM »
The insoles are pop Cush. But like you said, no idea if a revised one or not.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #40688 on: January 12, 2021, 11:43:03 PM »
Vans Japan seems amazing, i need to head over there when all this shit ends

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #40689 on: January 13, 2021, 12:33:36 AM »
Vans Japan do indeed have a bunch of stuff that's exclusive to Japan, but they also have plenty of models and colours months in advance to everywhere else, so it's not impossible that those Authentic slip ons could hit EU & US. Simply speculation though, so could go either way.

In my opinion though, they suck and should have never left the designer's head never mind Japan.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #40690 on: January 13, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I posted in the new vans thread with some details i've been piecing together, but it seems like these new skate classics were redesigned with the classic line in mind. the foxing is reduced a few mm and the diamond pattern on the toecap is different/deeper. think the insole is revised too but havent seen in person to confirm. rubber is same as rowans and there were complaints on the white midsole of the new sick stick attracting dirt, so this sheen is to prevent that. seems like the classic colors are coming soon to the skate classics line.

I believe a shop posted specs and said they added a shank in the heel. Probably the same insole (since they just launched PopCush a few months ago), but you'll likely notice a more rigid feeling sole under the heel, depending on what that shank is made of/how stiff it is.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40691 on: January 13, 2021, 08:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I believe a shop posted specs and said they added a shank in the heel. Probably the same insole (since they just launched PopCush a few months ago), but you'll likely notice a more rigid feeling sole under the heel, depending on what that shank is made of/how stiff it is.
yep exactly on the shank. I think there’s less of a “cup” shape to the new skate classics insole. But yeah, same formula foam

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #40692 on: January 13, 2021, 01:26:46 PM »
this page needs more Julian Davidson

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #40693 on: January 13, 2021, 06:57:02 PM »

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

fredgallSOTY

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #40695 on: January 13, 2021, 10:20:08 PM »

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #40696 on: January 14, 2021, 12:36:03 AM »
https://hypebeast.com/2021/1/vans-authentic-slip-black-burgundy-release-info?amp=1

Anyone else see these? Dylan slips made by Vans. Only in Japan.

To specify, they are Authentic style slip ons. Wish I could but them. Looks like only in shops in Japan

previous page.

The fact theyre only in japan keeps them from making so much more in sales, which sucks for them and anyone wanting dylan-eske shoes. Someone I wish I couldve met, but stoked on any stories i heard about him

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #40697 on: January 14, 2021, 12:50:06 AM »
For those not on IG and  interested in the Gamma on foot.
Here is Julian Davidson after skating em a bit.

They have that thermo-weld (idk the tech terms for it lol) layer in between the two suede layers, just like the Reynolds G6 did, so that's nice for durability :)

Apologies if it's been shared already or I'm posting a lot lately.

been kinda disconnected of this thread lately. what's that emerica model davison's skating? shoe looks sweet

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #40698 on: January 14, 2021, 12:56:29 AM »
^

that's the gamma redo in white suede, dropping after the first colorways which are white leather and black suede/gum sole, which come out next month i think.

they do look good.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #40700 on: January 14, 2021, 11:15:11 PM »
Funny to see in the same week the LR Vol 2 shiny soles + the Vans Skate shiny soles.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #40701 on: January 15, 2021, 02:58:16 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKDFWsmhmf9/?igshid=1q62mze7wamqs

Just ordered the white pair and black pair, expect to see them in the 'Post the shoes you're wearing' and 'Post your fit' thread any day now.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40702 on: January 15, 2021, 05:30:56 AM »
Live now here’s the full lineup of lows and high

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKEMmYzlw0O/?igshid=1b140i3bdlkbu

devourthehours

« Reply #40703 on: January 15, 2021, 06:45:53 AM »

For all my size 13 guys, I looked at every shop I could find and none of them carried size 13. However, if you order direct from Last Resort, they have a few 13s in stock. I picked up the white black lows an the navy highs in 13.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40704 on: January 15, 2021, 06:49:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

For all my size 13 guys, I looked at every shop I could find and none of them carried size 13. However, if you order direct from Last Resort, they have a few 13s in stock. I picked up the white black lows an the navy highs in 13.
saw that as well! I had hit up last resort account/Sami? on IG back when the first season dropped about 13’s and he said he was hoping they’d be in this drop, so that’s great.
I’d check out the size chart tho. I wear 13 in vans pro and numeric and Nike and the 12 last resorts fit me, even w a bit of room. I measured my foot per directions

https://usa.lastresortab.com/pages/size-guide

devourthehours

« Reply #40705 on: January 15, 2021, 07:11:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
saw that as well! I had hit up last resort account/Sami? on IG back when the first season dropped about 13’s and he said he was hoping they’d be in this drop, so that’s great.
I’d check out the size chart tho. I wear 13 in vans pro and numeric and Nike and the 12 last resorts fit me, even w a bit of room. I measured my foot per directions

https://usa.lastresortab.com/pages/size-guide

Damn, that's good to know. I'm pretty sure I'll fit a 13 in LR but I guess I'll find out when they get here!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #40706 on: January 15, 2021, 07:43:13 AM »
lol, i just measured according to the last resort chart and apparently i'm a us 7/7.5? the only shoes in size 8 i fit in are cons. 8.5 is usually snug and 9 is like a chiller.

maybe my foot is just too wide, idk.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40707 on: January 15, 2021, 08:04:42 AM »
lol, i just measured according to the last resort chart and apparently i'm a us 7/7.5? the only shoes in size 8 i fit in are cons. 8.5 is usually snug and 9 is like a chiller.

maybe my foot is just too wide, idk.
that seems drastic, hah. but part of me thinks it could be the EU to US size conversion, too. I don't know exactly. You want some toe room so just note that when measuring..

jcowart

• Rep: 0
« Reply #40708 on: January 15, 2021, 08:12:15 AM »
For Last Resort shoes, I'm a 9 in Vans and 8.5 in Cons. My Last Resorts in size 9 fit just a little big, but nothing to complain about. Next LS shoe i'll try for 8.5, but if you are wearing socks, it's all good.

Also, great shoe, super comfy and last a while. Loads of board feel right away.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #40709 on: January 15, 2021, 08:37:53 AM »
the navy and black last resorts are glorious
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower