Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664136 times)

mamba and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #40771 on: January 20, 2021, 04:11:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
please dont fuck these up, lakai.
[close]

Expecting a neon green and orange version of those shoes with Timberland style soles and a pair of laces with glitter on them in the near future.

[close]

If the Lena Dunham collab was any clue, I’m sure they’ll do a Telford collab with a tiktok dancer

I mean psh. Get the right TikToker and those will sell much better than their Black Sabbath collaboration.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #40774 on: January 20, 2021, 09:05:10 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKSkC79hST5/?igshid=e98yin56b56u
My local got their shipment in today, leather is certainly soft! Seems like it’s get ripped up easily

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #40777 on: January 21, 2021, 05:30:50 AM »
Those Tyshawns are dope, I want to see some NYC footage in that white colorway.

Cord Winer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #40778 on: January 21, 2021, 07:10:24 AM »
The Emerica website put out two colorways of the tilt vulc and two colorways of the gamma. https://www.emerica.com/us/footwear/

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #40779 on: January 21, 2021, 07:24:22 AM »
The Emerica website put out two colorways of the tilt vulc and two colorways of the gamma. https://www.emerica.com/us/footwear/
LOL emerica being pretty blatant about their, umm, "inspiration"

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #40780 on: January 21, 2021, 07:35:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
LOL emerica being pretty blatant about their, umm, "inspiration"

they’ve been out for a while. “Skate van” collection with a pic of the van on the insole. Nothing to do with vans if that’s what you’re implying

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9uTY_XpTJz/?igshid=p1qpt88v0erw

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #40781 on: January 21, 2021, 07:41:16 AM »
Ahh, my bad.  Sorry emerica.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #40783 on: January 21, 2021, 09:04:00 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKSkC79hST5/?igshid=e98yin56b56u

Saw these on tj’s story the other day. Sick colorway. Am I the only one though that thinks the tyshawns look super dumb in hand but then feel sick when you put them on? They have a weird shape to them I feel

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #40784 on: January 21, 2021, 09:09:31 AM »
From what I've read, these first colorways have just a basic insole? ..and there will be a rider colorway (Julian probably) with the upgraded G6 sole?
Emerica TM, help! Even though I'm gonna get the white leathers anyway, I really want those white suedes Julian was skating.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #40785 on: January 21, 2021, 10:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
From what I've read, these first colorways have just a basic insole? ..and there will be a rider colorway (Julian probably) with the upgraded G6 sole?
Emerica TM, help! Even though I'm gonna get the white leathers anyway, I really want those white suedes Julian was skating.

I believe the Gamma has the same sole unit as the Figgy Dose, which is a very thin cupsole. Emerica TM mentioned that there will be a G6 version (more substantial, G6 midsole; same sole unit as the Spanky and the last Reynolds shoe) later this year. I'm waiting on that one before I get interested, but that's just me - I don't like thin soles.

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #40786 on: January 21, 2021, 11:05:20 AM »

lmao at that bunk ass toy no name walmart skateboard.

Hahaha. Yeah, that shop looks to be in Indonesia? They seem to use that bunk board in all their shop product shots, so cringe
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Glurmpz

« Reply #40787 on: January 21, 2021, 11:33:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I believe the Gamma has the same sole unit as the Figgy Dose, which is a very thin cupsole.

Far from it. The sole is so thick on the Dose that I had to literally wear mine on and off for a full two years before finally trying to skate them now. I only skate cupsoles, primarily Sole Tech. That sole is rivaled in thickness only by the Michelin sole. I'd say it's the thickest cup sole shoe I've ever owned. The difference between the Dose and an Accel slim is huge - the sole feels literally twice as thick.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #40788 on: January 21, 2021, 02:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I believe the Gamma has the same sole unit as the Figgy Dose, which is a very thin cupsole. Emerica TM mentioned that there will be a G6 version (more substantial, G6 midsole; same sole unit as the Spanky and the last Reynolds shoe) later this year. I'm waiting on that one before I get interested, but that's just me - I don't like thin soles.
The Gamma has the Formula G sole which is the same sole as the Figgy Dose. It's actually really durable and not a thin cupsole. Those white suede Gammas will still have the Dose sole on it. The colorway for Holiday 21 is the one that will have the pour-in G6 midsole from the Spanky G6 and Reynolds G6.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #40789 on: January 21, 2021, 04:07:42 PM »
I like the Gammas. The profile of the white leather pair especially kinda looks like the Club C I’m wearing right now but extending the seam on the ollie area where the Reeboks are currently getting shredded.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #40790 on: January 21, 2021, 05:02:12 PM »
Expand Quote

Hahaha. Yeah, that shop looks to be in Indonesia? They seem to use that bunk board in all their shop product shots, so cringe
there's something funny to be said about Vans specifying that their shoes are for skateboarding 
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40791 on: January 21, 2021, 06:57:36 PM »
Looks weird. Maybe just the colors.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #40792 on: January 21, 2021, 07:12:35 PM »

I kinda like em, but I think I hate the logo. They need to come up with a logo without letters. Or try making the Es maybe smaller? 

Maybe it's the stitching on the side. Damn, I don't think I like this shoe
The chillest1

Centrumchewables

• Rep: 0
« Reply #40793 on: January 21, 2021, 09:45:43 PM »
Emerica TM, how's the fit for those new Gammas? Some models like the Reynolds G6 my typical 9.5 is unbearably tight but any vulc model was fine in that size. Would I have to go with my regular size or go up half a size?

Glurmpz

« Reply #40794 on: January 21, 2021, 09:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I kinda like em, but I think I hate the logo. They need to come up with a logo without letters. Or try making the Es maybe smaller? 

Aside from the obvious slimming down it's one of the truest remakes yet. That stitching around the logo was on the originals too. Shoe is almost exactly the same as it used to be.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #40795 on: January 21, 2021, 09:48:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think a black/gum color way would look good.
How much for an order of ribs?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40796 on: January 21, 2021, 10:03:03 PM »
Or black/grey again

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #40797 on: January 21, 2021, 10:30:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Aside from the obvious slimming down it's one of the truest remakes yet. That stitching around the logo was on the originals too. Shoe is almost exactly the same as it used to be.

I still don’t get why I can’t get a square one but they can do shoes no one remembers but old slap guys. This looks nice though. Doubt it will sell super well though.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40798 on: January 22, 2021, 01:56:14 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKOnd12gofY/?igshid=1x22nydvsbf5z

Looks like that shop or place has samples (size 9), which is why I guess they would have shoes that don't seem to be anywhere else, or limited editions - only seen the black versions of the new skate range and not really keen on the black colourway.

Vans used to have all their samples in their clearance stores, or even going back further, if you knew the local Vans rep, you could buy samples from him when he was done showing them to the shops on his accounts list.

They were the days!!
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #40799 on: January 22, 2021, 09:49:32 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKOnd12gofY/?igshid=1x22nydvsbf5z

I really wish they didn’t use the checkers for the outer label & inside the shoe; super insignificant but bothersome.