Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663636 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #41130 on: February 22, 2021, 05:53:03 PM »
Expand Quote
@Bubblegum Tate these forum lows new?? Didn’t realize they were coming with more after the hector pair
[close]

I think it was Watson? who said there were more colors after the Heitor color way coming out.
adidas is really pushing the forum in general. Bodega just had a F&F numbered pair, SNS colorway, Beyoncé ivy lark (?), giving it the full treatment

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #41131 on: February 22, 2021, 05:55:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Bubblegum Tate these forum lows new?? Didn’t realize they were coming with more after the hector pair
[close]

I think it was Watson? who said there were more colors after the Heitor color way coming out.
[close]
adidas is really pushing the forum in general. Bodega just had a F&F numbered pair, SNS colorway, Beyoncé ivy lark (?), giving it the full treatment

Are they actually retooled for skating like dunks vs sb dunks or is it just a regular forum remarketed to skating

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41132 on: February 22, 2021, 06:28:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Are they actually retooled for skating like dunks vs sb dunks or is it just a regular forum remarketed to skating
First released in 1984, the Forum shoe was originally purposed as a basketball shoe, but this latest version includes plenty of performance upgrades designed specifically for skateboarding. The shoe features a premium leather upper with a double-layered toe cap for added durability while da Silva's name is featured on the mesh tongue. The upgrades from the OG continue to the sole with EVA foam on the midsole for impact protection and a grippy gum sole for foot stability on the board.

"I skated in the Adidas Originals Forum a few years ago and loved them. I love classic basketball shoes for the look, durability and comfort," da Silva says. "The design process was fun and surreal—so happy I got to be a part of bringing the Forum back, especially for skateboarding."

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #41133 on: February 22, 2021, 09:01:07 PM »
Those Forums look really good, wish the toe cap was full leather like the rest of the shoe and Heitor's. Hopefully this is a full run and they'll keep it in the lineup now.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #41134 on: February 22, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »
^ those are seriously fugly. Straight up Balenciaga rip offs, which are in their own right atrocious as hell. I've been going through some serious shoe madness over the past 2 months and cannot for the life of me find a golden shoe to stick with, but I'm done with the core brands,prime example up there why.
If u haven’t tried the tyshawns I would highly recommend

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41135 on: February 22, 2021, 09:53:14 PM »
Expand Quote
^ those are seriously fugly. Straight up Balenciaga rip offs, which are in their own right atrocious as hell. I've been going through some serious shoe madness over the past 2 months and cannot for the life of me find a golden shoe to stick with, but I'm done with the core brands,prime example up there why.
[close]

I have 2 pairs of NB# coming in the next 2 days, the 1010 and 440Hi. If I don't like either of those, I'll sure be trying the Tyshawns next. Read nothing but good things from a couple different threads on here about them.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41136 on: February 23, 2021, 09:07:38 AM »
When is Lakai gonna release the other colorways of the Telfords?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #41137 on: February 23, 2021, 11:14:32 AM »
^Please! i am very interested in them again
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #41138 on: February 23, 2021, 11:42:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I have 2 pairs of NB# coming in the next 2 days, the 1010 and 440Hi. If I don't like either of those, I'll sure be trying the Tyshawns next. Read nothing but good things from a couple different threads on here about them.

440hi is the best shoe I have ever skated. super comfortable and very durable.

On the other hand I really disliked the Tyshawns. Gave me blisters in the midsole area and the insole did not fit properly in the shoe. Also I thought the board feel was terrible. That might be because I stopped skating them before they really broke in due to the midsole blisters.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #41139 on: February 23, 2021, 12:36:47 PM »
We all know the best És era was when they had Mike Anderson and Bobby Worrest on the team.

Raymond Molinar and Danny Garcia were on at that time too. And mccrank and Silas. Just a whole damn team of style gods.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41140 on: February 23, 2021, 12:52:12 PM »
Expand Quote
We all know the best És era was when they had Mike Anderson and Bobby Worrest on the team.
[close]
Totally not true
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #41141 on: February 23, 2021, 03:02:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Totally not true
[close]
Ok Kelly hart, we get it, you love the Koston one

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41142 on: February 23, 2021, 03:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn the Forums are sharp.
[close]
im saying. $110 I just saw? Weren’t the Heitor’s $100? https://wearecivil.com/shop/footwear/adidas-forum-84-low-adv-chalk-white-cloud/
[close]

My experience is that civil upcharges a bit on shoes
nah def not true about civil. These are $110
https://thepremierstore.com/blogs/product/adidas-forum-84-low

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41143 on: February 23, 2021, 04:10:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
im saying. $110 I just saw? Weren’t the Heitor’s $100? https://wearecivil.com/shop/footwear/adidas-forum-84-low-adv-chalk-white-cloud/
[close]

[close]

Yeah I mixed up. Civil actually seems like a solid shop! One of the guys reached out to me even and asked where I had felt they had upcharged and I totally mixed them up for some other shop.

Anybody had the forum low adv in hand/on foot? Curious if this could be a proper dunk replacement for me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:29:03 PM by hobochimp »

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41144 on: February 23, 2021, 06:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah I mixed up. Civil actually seems like a solid shop! One of the guys reached out to me even and asked where I had felt they had upcharged and I totally mixed them up for some other shop.

Anybody had the forum low adv in hand/on foot? Curious if this could be a proper dunk replacement for me.

I really want to pull the trigger on them as well since the Heitor was almost impossible to get when it released. I've looked at reviews of normal Forum 84 and people have said they were like a premium AJ1/Dunk.

Edit: Quick comparison of the two. Definitely gives off a dunk vibe, plus Forum did come out a year before the dunk was introduced so maybe these are worth getting. Very tempting after seeing them side by side.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:24:08 PM by CrimsonGhost »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #41145 on: February 23, 2021, 06:42:37 PM »

I know everyone gets nostalgic about Menikmati era or PJ's era, but that tail end with Mike and Bobby is honestly my favorite phase of eS. Blows my mind that they axed these people and cried wolf only to relaunch with Kelly fucking Hart as the face of the company. Yeah, they've got Wade Desarmo and Tom Asta, but how are we gonna advertise these shoes? How about Kelly Hart doing a flatground 360 flip. TJ Rogers is flow and putting out great parts? Nah, there's no room on the team, cuz we got Kelly Hart.

god I fucking hate eS.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #41146 on: February 23, 2021, 09:01:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know everyone gets nostalgic about Menikmati era or PJ's era, but that tail end with Mike and Bobby is honestly my favorite phase of eS. Blows my mind that they axed these people and cried wolf only to relaunch with Kelly fucking Hart as the face of the company. Yeah, they've got Wade Desarmo and Tom Asta, but how are we gonna advertise these shoes? How about Kelly Hart doing a flatground 360 flip. TJ Rogers is flow and putting out great parts? Nah, there's no room on the team, cuz we got Kelly Hart.

god I fucking hate eS.

i think the lamest move on eS part was never pulling kelly hart on fully when he was in LRG/EXP days..  but yeah crazy team they had before they axed the program... came back with no team for nearly a year and then added kelly hart/ wade d and tom asta and SLAPs fave Shmatty
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41147 on: February 23, 2021, 10:34:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

god I fucking hate eS.

TJ Rogers not being on is insane. Not because I’m super stoked on his footage but because he’s putting a lot out. I feel like that would get a lot of kids and potentially parents buying shoes.

Also, give Wade a pro model for fuck’s sake.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #41148 on: February 24, 2021, 01:27:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

god I fucking hate eS.

Completely agree. I dig the shoes, but until they actually invest in skateboarding the way that other companies do, then I know they're just trying to pump us by riding a short term nostalgia wave.

6000 sux

• Rep: 16
« Reply #41149 on: February 24, 2021, 05:53:58 AM »
the remastered accel looks more like our legacy mono runners than balencis

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #41150 on: February 24, 2021, 07:25:28 AM »
the remastered accel looks more like our legacy mono runners than balencis

Shoe looks decent.
The ‘this shoe looks like balenciagas’ seemed sort of like ‘I like rap just not this mumble rap shit’. Boomin.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41151 on: February 24, 2021, 09:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I really want to pull the trigger on them as well since the Heitor was almost impossible to get when it released. I've looked at reviews of normal Forum 84 and people have said they were like a premium AJ1/Dunk.

Edit: Quick comparison of the two. Definitely gives off a dunk vibe, plus Forum did come out a year before the dunk was introduced so maybe these are worth getting. Very tempting after seeing them side by side.

My main question about them is how is the level of padding. That is one of the things I love about dunks is the perfect level of puffiness. Hopefully I'll be able to see some of the forums in person. For me nothing can surpass my love for dunks, but this may be the best alternative feel and looks wise

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41152 on: February 24, 2021, 11:40:13 AM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #41153 on: February 24, 2021, 12:58:05 PM »
More pics here for detail - puffiness

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLrscGDMofk/?igshid=52yvxzbua7mn

I have the Heitor forum 84 and tbh I’m not a huge fan of how they feel. I think this new update of the forum looks better and more accurate to the archive but it feels worse on foot. It’s a bit stiff and heavy, also It’s super flat and feels a bit loose on my skinny foot. Kinda mad that the strap was removed from the skate version too (Could have been removable instead of ditching it altogether).
Anyway I wasn’t gonna skate them, and still love the look.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #41154 on: February 24, 2021, 01:09:40 PM »
These forums look nice. I don’t want them to feel ‘broken in outta the box’. I’m looking for that takes forever to break in, foot protector shit. Foot clubs. Fuck board feel.
But yeah they look very skate friendly. Kinda surprised it took the stripes so long to bring these about.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41155 on: February 24, 2021, 01:27:03 PM »
^ ^ big ups on the impressions for the Forums. Being that you said they feel super flat is a no buy for me. I learned my lesson wearing too many flat unsupporting shoes. But the big/heavy/stiff is always a plus in my book. My search continues.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #41156 on: February 24, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have the Heitor forum 84 and tbh I’m not a huge fan of how they feel. I think this new update of the forum looks better and more accurate to the archive but it feels worse on foot. It’s a bit stiff and heavy, also It’s super flat and feels a bit loose on my skinny foot. Kinda mad that the strap was removed from the skate version too (Could have been removable instead of ditching it altogether).

More comparable to AF1s than Dunks?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #41157 on: February 24, 2021, 02:34:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

More comparable to AF1s than Dunks?

They aren't as thick as Air Forces... Thickness is probably closer to the Dunk, maybe is the thick leather on the Heitor version that also makes them quite stiff. I only wore them a handful times, so not a lot of time to break it in tbh.

Actually a shoe that people sleep on is the Top Ten. That one feels so good to skate! Flexible and Grippy. Just some glue on the seams and its great... Surprised there is not a skate version yet (Na-kel has been skating them for a bit).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #41158 on: February 24, 2021, 02:41:53 PM »
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #41159 on: February 24, 2021, 02:49:57 PM »
es are some tj dodgers