Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8653909 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #41220 on: March 02, 2021, 01:31:55 PM »
@EmericaTM

when will the gamma drop in eu? the tilt has been on the site for over a month. no gammas though.

SlapTM

• Rep: 239
« Reply #41221 on: March 02, 2021, 01:36:59 PM »
@EmericaTM

when will the gamma drop in eu? the tilt has been on the site for over a month. no gammas though.
Should be in EU in the next several weeks. Shipping delays due to covid have been fucked.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #41222 on: March 02, 2021, 01:55:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
love to see some more julian davidson here
[close]
Well, here you go then  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHIFZK5feTM
[close]
thanks, shoes look cool btw
[close]

lol first line was so ass, goddamn

let's get this awful julian davidson footage on this page too

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #41223 on: March 02, 2021, 03:11:40 PM »
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM

[close]
Should be in EU in the next several weeks. Shipping delays due to covid have been fucked.

thanks a lot!

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 111
« Reply #41224 on: March 02, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »
I got to try on all the new Skate Classics at the store I work at today. Some points:

-New insole is firmer and flatter, Old Skools and Authentics feel like most vulcs now. Less squishy feeling shoes in general.
-The Sport Pro feels like a Blazer to me, really looking forward to skating it.
-The Slip-On is very tight fitting now and the toebox is narrower. I personally found it too tight, break in will be awkward.
-Half Cab is dead, they killed it. sorry lads.
-If you like the Sk8-Hi you'll probably still like em.

What didn't you like about the new half cabs? How do they compare to the old half cab pros? I always liked both the classic and the pros for different reasons. But I hated the old skool pros however. I've always preferred the classic old skools so I'm curious how the new skate ones compare.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #41225 on: March 02, 2021, 03:37:46 PM »
i'll check the new half cab out myself when i get the chance, but this doesn't sound good. the pros were already running mad long for me where it was difficult to decide what size to get. the ones that were wide enough felt like they were a full size too long, like easily my thumb size space from my toes to the foxing. half a size smaller still felt too long and kinda clampy. if this has gotten worse that's a bummer.

Lunker

• Rep: 4
« Reply #41226 on: March 02, 2021, 04:16:51 PM »
What didn't you like about the new half cabs? How do they compare to the old half cab pros? I always liked both the classic and the pros for different reasons. But I hated the old skool pros however. I've always preferred the classic old skools so I'm curious how the new skate ones compare.

First off the glossy foxing on them just doesn't work aesthetically, minor but it's true. And also they added some type of inserts around the ankle (plastic?) for rigidity I assume, it's no longer plush and pillow-y which is what I figured everybody loved about the shoe. The laces included are rather short as well (for size 8 at least) so you'll have to tie them right at the metal eyelet which to me didn't feel very secure. There was an earlier post about the tongue bunching up which is true and makes them hard to get on initially. Really not sure why they altered it at all, it could have stayed alongside the Pro line. Then again I know Half Cab fans still had problems with those :p

i'll check the new half cab out myself when i get the chance, but this doesn't sound good. the pros were already running mad long for me where it was difficult to decide what size to get. the ones that were wide enough felt like they were a full size too long, like easily my thumb size space from my toes to the foxing. half a size smaller still felt too long and kinda clampy. if this has gotten worse that's a bummer.

In terms of fit for the new classics I'd say they're a lot better actually. The thinner insole with the elastic tongue lets your foot sink in to the shoe a bit more while feeling secure. I'd say give them a try if you're in a position to.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #41227 on: March 02, 2021, 04:22:32 PM »
In terms of fit for the new classics I'd say they're a lot better actually. The thinner insole with the elastic tongue lets your foot sink in to the shoe a bit more while feeling secure. I'd say give them a try if you're in a position to.

ok, guess i'll do that before i write them off. even though it sounds they've been barely altered fitwise, but you never know.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #41228 on: March 02, 2021, 04:51:28 PM »
Damn I guess I got to really wait to try the new half cabs in person before pulling the trigger and buying a pair. I'd probably cut the tongue straps if I do. Certain shoes I feel really need them but I'm not really thinking half cabs are in that group. Right now, I'm skating just regular classic (non pro) half cabs with the insole peeled out and the popcush insole from the rowan pros taking its place but they getting towards the end of their life.

If I'm not feeling the new ones I'll probably just track down another pair on classic half cabs or a pair of rowans.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41229 on: March 02, 2021, 04:53:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

First off the glossy foxing on them just doesn't work aesthetically, minor but it's true. And also they added some type of inserts around the ankle (plastic?) for rigidity I assume, it's no longer plush and pillow-y which is what I figured everybody loved about the shoe. The laces included are rather short as well (for size 8 at least) so you'll have to tie them right at the metal eyelet which to me didn't feel very secure. There was an earlier post about the tongue bunching up which is true and makes them hard to get on initially. Really not sure why they altered it at all, it could have stayed alongside the Pro line. Then again I know Half Cab fans still had problems with those :p

Expand Quote
[close]

This kinda sounds exactly how the old Vans Syndicate halfcabs were, if anyone remembers those. Sort of a precursor to the Pro line.  I loved the syndicates, but never tried the pros. 

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #41230 on: March 02, 2021, 05:02:52 PM »
Anyone tried the new Lampins? I like the look of them.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #41231 on: March 02, 2021, 05:07:08 PM »
hey guys can you talk about julian davidson instead

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #41232 on: March 02, 2021, 07:34:05 PM »
What does Julian Davidson think of the new Vans range?

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #41233 on: March 02, 2021, 07:40:12 PM »
What does Julian Davidson think of the new Vans range?
He's probably happy he doesn't have to pretend to like Vans.

stets

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #41234 on: March 02, 2021, 08:14:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Don't the Classics (non Pro) Half Cabs have a kinda harder foam in the collar though? Seems like they in general were trying to get some similarities to old Classics in the new Skate construction stuff, so I thought they would be going for what all the old heads liked about the Classics half cabs.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41235 on: March 02, 2021, 08:26:22 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #41236 on: March 03, 2021, 06:33:30 AM »
it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"
good come sausage

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #41237 on: March 03, 2021, 07:00:22 AM »
it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"
gold

Diocletian

« Reply #41238 on: March 03, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
The Vans "Vault" line is like a better classic with no slimmed down last and higher quality suede/canvas/foxing tape/thicker cotton shoe laces, you can find them on eBay or boutique hypebeast type shops

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #41239 on: March 03, 2021, 09:31:56 AM »
The Vans "Vault" line is like a better classic with no slimmed down last and higher quality suede/canvas/foxing tape/thicker cotton shoe laces, you can find them on eBay or boutique hypebeast type shops

i've said it so many times in here, but the vaults are the truth. construction is on point and they don't blow out the way other vans have for me, whether classics or pro's. same protocol as the classics where you pull out the original insole it comes with and put in the insole of your choice (Cons CTAS lunarlons are always my go to). and you can usually find them for pretty cheap in pretty dece colorways. there's also a ton of whack ones out there. here's some good examples:

Old Skool VLT's $50
https://www.notre-shop.com/collections/vans-vault/products/old-skool-vlt-lx-leather-in-true-blue-black

sk8-hi VLT's (i've got these and the leather is real nice) $40
https://www.fwrd.com/product-vans-vault-sk8hi-reissue-vlt-lx/VNSV-UZ65/?d=Mens

Vault 138 hi's $48-$60 (all these colorways are vaults, probably my favorite model, the ones with the checkers on the inside are awesome)
https://www.6pm.com/p/vans-ua-original-style-138-lx-suede-canvas/product/9543707/color/587945

be wary though, they did a few runs recently with the glossy foxing tape and they don't look as good, plus the taper of the outsole just looks flat out bizarre. you'll be able to tell just by looking at the photos what i'm talking about here.
good come sausage

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #41240 on: March 03, 2021, 09:53:54 AM »

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
Enjoy your life.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41242 on: March 03, 2021, 10:51:47 AM »
Could do without the blue tie die print.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Diocletian

« Reply #41243 on: March 03, 2021, 11:34:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i've said it so many times in here, but the vaults are the truth. construction is on point and they don't blow out the way other vans have for me, whether classics or pro's. same protocol as the classics where you pull out the original insole it comes with and put in the insole of your choice (Cons CTAS lunarlons are always my go to). and you can usually find them for pretty cheap in pretty dece colorways. there's also a ton of whack ones out there. here's some good examples:

Old Skool VLT's $50
https://www.notre-shop.com/collections/vans-vault/products/old-skool-vlt-lx-leather-in-true-blue-black

sk8-hi VLT's (i've got these and the leather is real nice) $40
https://www.fwrd.com/product-vans-vault-sk8hi-reissue-vlt-lx/VNSV-UZ65/?d=Mens

Vault 138 hi's $48-$60 (all these colorways are vaults, probably my favorite model, the ones with the checkers on the inside are awesome)
https://www.6pm.com/p/vans-ua-original-style-138-lx-suede-canvas/product/9543707/color/587945

be wary though, they did a few runs recently with the glossy foxing tape and they don't look as good, plus the taper of the outsole just looks flat out bizarre. you'll be able to tell just by looking at the photos what i'm talking about here.

I just got two pairs of a recent run of Era Vaults to stock up, and noticed these do indeed have a glossier foxing tape, my previous Era Vaults did not. Nothing else seems different though, what is the taper you are referring to?

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #41244 on: March 03, 2021, 01:02:50 PM »
Could do without any company that pays Stevie Perez.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #41245 on: March 03, 2021, 03:58:08 PM »
I remember when the first version of these Grosso's came out in the early 2010s. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL-XoTVMBF1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

EDIT: It was 2011 and I had forgotten about the notch on the back.

Enjoy your life.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #41246 on: March 03, 2021, 04:08:53 PM »
I remember when the first version of these Grosso's came out in the early 2010s. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL-XoTVMBF1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

EDIT: It was 2011 and I had forgotten about the notch on the back.

Jesus, Vans somehow managed to cause more confusion. Why the fuck does this random "Skate Pro" model feature UltraCush 3D as opposed to PopCush? The level of miscommunication at that company is astounding.

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #41247 on: March 03, 2021, 04:13:36 PM »
Braile making ugly shoes
I don't want to give these validity, but good on them for hiring a blind person to design these shoes.

But honestly, I've seen shoes that look just like these on the clearance rack at Ross. Nobody would touch em for $5.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41248 on: March 03, 2021, 05:27:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Braile making ugly shoes
[close]
I don't want to give these validity, but good on them for hiring a blind person to design these shoes.

But honestly, I've seen shoes that look just like these on the clearance rack at Ross. Nobody would touch em for $5.
Sweet mother of God I lol'd so hard
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #41249 on: March 03, 2021, 06:38:33 PM »
does anyone know if the rest of the Vans Pro line is getting updated as well? specifically the Rowans ?