Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664161 times)

ballintoohard

Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #41280 on: March 04, 2021, 08:17:19 PM »
Would like Wafflecup versions of the the Authentics, Eras, even slip ons. Hated pop cush

brucewillis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #41281 on: March 05, 2021, 04:00:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Just to make clear, they are replacing and not releasing these along the pros.
[close]
Right - the Skate line replaces the Pro line. Here's a pic from Lotties to compare:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMATmqIjviZ/
compared to the now old "Pros"

Damn, that checkered label really is atrocious.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41282 on: March 05, 2021, 09:18:05 AM »
The Telfords are on the Lakai site. Just bought 2 pairs.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #41283 on: March 05, 2021, 10:13:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What are the different uses that justify making a Half-Cab pro and a Half-Cab classic that are so drastically different that people consistently avoid or complain about one of the other?
[close]
Just to make clear, they are replacing and not releasing these along the pros. So the "different uses" point won't matter since they will be phasing out the pro line.
[close]

So they are doing the Repeal and Replace that Trump claimed but never made good on??

Also, to make clear, Vans does indeed have at least one other version of the Half Cab, the Classic. Which is like their casual one not optimized for modern skateboarding. I don't see what's bad about having both.

Oyolar, are you also pissed at Nike then? In recent years Nike has had like 6+ different builds of things like the Blazer Low... Nike Sportswear Blazer Low (direct parallel to Vans Classic), Nike Blazer Low '77 (truest to 1970's build, like Vans Vault), Nike SB Zoom Blazer Low (shape is TOTALLY different, panels are altered, but made better for skating), Nike SB GT Blazer, and now even the Nike SB GT Blazer Low Pro, on top of some fashion-specific alterations like Virgil's versions and stuff. Long story short, brands iterate and reiterate on their franchise models.

[close]

I mean, yeah. I also think that's stupid. But notice how only three of those Blazers are SBs? Those are the only ones I actually give a shit thinking about so the fact that Nike has a bunch of other ones for different verticals (tennis, basketball, fashion, etc.) doesn't mean anything to me.

Last I checked on the Vans website this morning, they only have 1 skate specific version (SB tangent) of their iconic models of shoes. Skate Old Skool, Skate Half Cab, etc. The Pro line, as discussed heavily, is gone. So your point about 3 SB Blazers is kinda moot... Nike has more duplicity in even their specific skate line by your metric. The other Vans Old Skools and Authentics and stuff in the line are for different verticals (fashion, casual, etc) and shouldn't mean anything to you either.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #41284 on: March 05, 2021, 10:14:58 AM »
Expand Quote
so what's the deal with that weird glossy sole on the new Vans? Looks like the white ones also have it?
[close]

I think someone posted about it somewhere on here, that it doesn't discolor or pick up dirt as much at the old ones did. That is what I remember being posted, anyway.

took a shot in the dark and asked the Vans insta and they responded with this:

"just a throwback nod to our old Anaheim designs. There will be options without glossy soles too."

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #41285 on: March 05, 2021, 11:25:40 AM »
wow asking the questions like a real man
good come sausage

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #41286 on: March 05, 2021, 02:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just to make clear, they are replacing and not releasing these along the pros.
[close]
Right - the Skate line replaces the Pro line. Here's a pic from Lotties to compare:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMATmqIjviZ/
compared to the now old "Pros"

[close]
Damn, that checkered label really is atrocious.

That checkered label makes them look like some third tier mall shop Vans. It just looks bad. The red label on the pro's made them look like a better quality model. The old skool pro's just looked right.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #41287 on: March 05, 2021, 04:11:34 PM »
Just ordered that new Gonz color way. Pretty hyped for them to arrive. Reminds me of an old Reynolds 1 color way I had.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #41288 on: March 05, 2021, 04:21:43 PM »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41289 on: March 05, 2021, 06:46:12 PM »

For all you not feeling the checkered flag

But I feel you. I feel like anybody who really wants the upgraded skate versions are able to look for the pop cush or literally just read the word "skate" before ordering online. The flag may be more for clueless staff to be able to differentiate the product they are selling.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #41292 on: March 06, 2021, 11:57:46 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMCWkuFAYYH/?igshid=x1x1c7vcghje

Not anti-Beatrice, but why aren’t Breeana or Una getting any colorways if ams are getting colorways

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #41293 on: March 06, 2021, 12:16:57 PM »

Not anti-Beatrice, but why aren’t Breeana or Una getting any colorways if ams are getting colorways
bre is getting two colorways coming in summer. una i dont think has the following yet, i could be wrong though.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

IpathCats

« Reply #41295 on: March 06, 2021, 04:15:00 PM »
https://www.lakai.com/products/telford-white-blueberry-suede-ms1210208b00

They dropped 3 colorways of the telford hi

I really wish they would just put out some standard ass boring colorways of this shoe. Black/white, black/white/gum

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41296 on: March 06, 2021, 05:08:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really wish they would just put out some standard ass boring colorways of this shoe. Black/white, black/white/gum

It would t be lakai if they gave people what they wanted. 

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #41297 on: March 06, 2021, 05:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

These are supposed to be like, Jordans/Dunks - do those shoes have a narrow sole? The sole they used on the Telford is the same as some Manchester's I got in the last year, and they were so narrow I had to get rid of them. Seems like an odd sole for the Telford, but maybe it will feel better with a roomier shoe.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #41298 on: March 06, 2021, 06:00:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

These are supposed to be like, Jordans/Dunks - do those shoes have a narrow sole? The sole they used on the Telford is the same as some Manchester's I got in the last year, and they were so narrow I had to get rid of them. Seems like an odd sole for the Telford, but maybe it will feel better with a roomier shoe.

I tried them on when the Black Sabbath ones released and they definitely felt pretty narrow and I have a narrow foot. They felt weirdly pointy too. I hated it and didn’t even consider buying them

BugleBites

« Reply #41299 on: March 06, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I tried them on when the Black Sabbath ones released and they definitely felt pretty narrow and I have a narrow foot. They felt weirdly pointy too. I hated it and didn’t even consider buying them

I have a kind of narrow foot too so I was really surprised the Manchester's were too skinny. My feet were aching for a day and a half after wearing them for a couple hours. I ended up trying the Carroll's and even at half a size up they're super tight. Lakai is junk. Bums me out to say it because I'm a fan of Howard and Carroll but I've never tried on a pair of Lakai's that feel good. 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #41300 on: March 06, 2021, 06:08:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

So, usually when you use the same outsole from a previous shoe you need to use the same last that the old shoe used. You can’t change to a roomier last (or at least you shouldn’t) and keep the same tooling. The last is what gives shape to the shoe, so if you had a narrow shoe with that tooling before, most likely the next one’s gonna be narrow too. (I guess you can also tweak a bit the pattern to get some room, but there’s so much you can do)...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #41301 on: March 06, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So, usually when you use the same outsole from a previous shoe you need to use the same last that the old shoe used. You can’t change to a roomier last (or at least you shouldn’t) and keep the same tooling. The last is what gives shape to the shoe, so if you had a narrow shoe with that tooling before, most likely the next one’s gonna be narrow too. (I guess you can also tweak a bit the pattern to get some room, but there’s so much you can do)...
Most people say they are shoe nerds until its time to do shoe nerd shit. You do your shoe nerd shit  :)

BugleBites

« Reply #41302 on: March 07, 2021, 12:00:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's exactly what I figured but I guess I was trying to be optimistic, lol. I don't even like that style of shoe the Telford is going for so it doesn't matter. Just remembered that same sole was on the Manchester and seemed like a really weird fit for a Dunk/Jordan rip off.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41303 on: March 07, 2021, 12:22:13 AM »
It’s weird to name a Jordan rip off after the designer who came up with the Vans Carroll model

IpathCats

« Reply #41304 on: March 07, 2021, 06:55:19 AM »
Can confirm the telfords are a bit narrow. My feet are average width, maybe slightly narrow and they are definitely snug widthwise. I am slightly disappointed in these, really wish they used a more traditional cupsole. However, as far as shoes made for skateboarding go, this is my favorite shoe currently. Those nb 440 mids were too low profile for me. I honestly think I'm going to end up skating in mostly non skate shoes for the rest of my life. Reebok high tops and cheap, lightly used jordan 1s when I can get them on eBay

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #41305 on: March 07, 2021, 07:06:26 AM »
Anything with that Manchester XLK sole is basically worthless imo. Worst sole I’ve ever put on my feet. I hurt my heel pushing in them

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #41306 on: March 07, 2021, 09:04:47 AM »
Anything with that Manchester XLK sole is basically worthless imo. Worst sole I’ve ever put on my feet. I hurt my heel pushing in them
wow haha. Made me laugh. Terrible though.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #41307 on: March 07, 2021, 04:44:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
wow haha. Made me laugh. Terrible though.

they really are.  Lakai's shit is awful

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #41308 on: March 08, 2021, 04:42:29 AM »
these were sick

good come sausage

IpathCats

« Reply #41309 on: March 08, 2021, 06:31:57 AM »
these were sick

Shit color, better sole. They could have put this same shoe out in regular ass colorways and a new beefed up insole and called it a day.