Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664580 times)

DinnerDog425 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #41550 on: April 05, 2021, 12:55:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those new skate half cabs felt shitty. I tried them on and quickly decided they were a no-go. Also, the outsole is slick to the touch, so that was a little sus.
[close]

They felt great to me. Very supportive for a Vans shoe. I picked up a pair and will hopefully get to skate them today or tomorrow.
[close]
The break in is a bit rough. They feel great after a few wears but first time putting them on they're pretty stiff and not at all reflective of what they'll feel like broken in.
[close]

I think the new half cabs skate really good and I didn't really think there was a difficult break in at all. I did a first try kickflip in them the first time wearing them. I'm also coming from just skating the classic non pro half cabs with the built insole peeled out and replaced with my pop cush insole from my rowans. Weird thing is imy buddy mentioned that they blew out the back heel collar right above the checked tag on both of his shoes (Like a little slit/hole exposing the stuffing in the back of the shoes collar). I checked mine and I did blow out one shoe but not the other. It's kind of had to explain but I could send pictures if needed. It didn't impact how the skate to me. I'm still really happy with the shoe.
Did the exact same thing to both heel collars. For me it was from shoving my feet in the shoe and pulling at the collar to get the heel in. Heard a small rip on both shoes and didn't discover til i took them off. It was a small rip but i super glued it just to make sure it doesnt spread.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #41551 on: April 05, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »
Is there any news on Elijah’s next shoe?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #41553 on: April 05, 2021, 10:05:45 PM »

Just found out his brother is dating Chloe Kim the Olympic snowboarder

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #41554 on: April 05, 2021, 10:39:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just found out his brother is dating Chloe Kim the Olympic snowboarder

She skates.....slide 7

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJgq26Bl_C-/
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #41557 on: April 06, 2021, 09:36:35 AM »
I’d like those grey Carrolls if the suede didn’t look stained already.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #41558 on: April 06, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »
I’d like those grey Carrolls if the suede didn’t look stained already.

The importance of matching shades of different materials is perfectly exemplified here

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #41559 on: April 06, 2021, 12:14:30 PM »
love both those carrolls

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #41561 on: April 07, 2021, 08:43:43 AM »
Anyone know if there's any Cons suede Fastbreak Mids on the way? Or at least a new set of leather or canvas colours? Living in the UK i've never seen them in skateshops but seem to see people skating them on Instagram a lot. I'm a NB 440 Mid lover at the moment, but always wanted to try Fastbreak Mids.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #41562 on: April 07, 2021, 12:29:47 PM »
Anyone know if there's any Cons suede Fastbreak Mids on the way? Or at least a new set of leather or canvas colours? Living in the UK i've never seen them in skateshops but seem to see people skating them on Instagram a lot. I'm a NB 440 Mid lover at the moment, but always wanted to try Fastbreak Mids.
I am not sure if what I heard is valid but I think they might be phasing that shoe out

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41563 on: April 07, 2021, 01:31:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I am not sure if what I heard is valid but I think they might be phasing that shoe out

They barely phased that shoe in.  Most of the fast breaks their riders wore weren’t in the Cons line

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #41564 on: April 07, 2021, 04:09:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They barely phased that shoe in.  Most of the fast breaks their riders wore weren’t in the Cons line
It’s upsetting that they might phase them out. Fastbreaks are great shoes :/

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #41565 on: April 07, 2021, 04:14:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

This can't be true. I feel like most of the clips I see recently of cons riders they are wearing fastbreaks.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #41566 on: April 07, 2021, 05:23:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

This can't be true. I feel like most of the clips I see recently of cons riders they are wearing fastbreaks.
i know i’ve seen some in pro leathers and breakpoints as well. I would be hyped to see the pro leathers come back to the cons line. Been tempted to skate a pair

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #41567 on: April 07, 2021, 05:47:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah this is a dumb as fuck move on Cons' part if this is true. I loved that shoe, and it seems like it's pretty popular with skaters in general and the pros that ride for Cons.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #41568 on: April 08, 2021, 01:48:36 AM »

What shoes are those? Maybe a Lakai Simon promodel?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41569 on: April 08, 2021, 02:14:35 AM »
Looks like the Rowley “Shams” shoe.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #41570 on: April 08, 2021, 03:24:54 AM »
don’t pull at my heartstrings

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #41571 on: April 08, 2021, 03:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah this is a dumb as fuck move on Cons' part if this is true. I loved that shoe, and it seems like it's pretty popular with skaters in general and the pros that ride for Cons.

I actually just took this to insta and asked cons a few days ago. Crickets. Guessing it's time to stock up.

Also keep seeing corner with white and red cons Fastbreaks. Need them to come out.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:44:49 AM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #41572 on: April 08, 2021, 04:20:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I actually just took this to insta and asked cons a few days ago. Crickets. Guessing it's time to stock up.

Fuck, that sucks if so. It's weird going down their insta, they've barely released any new colourways lately let alone new models? I haven't seen anything beyond regular chucks, one stars and Louis' at my skateshop in months. Wonder what's up.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41573 on: April 08, 2021, 05:12:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Fuck, that sucks if so. It's weird going down their insta, they've barely released any new colourways lately let alone new models? I haven't seen anything beyond regular chucks, one stars and Louis' at my skateshop in months. Wonder what's up.

ask Lee Berman's IG - asked him about upcoming one star slips and he told me there's a spiderweb version coming up, which could be cool.  i'm pretty stoked on that shoe after finally discovering my correct size.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #41574 on: April 08, 2021, 07:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Also keep seeing corner with white and red cons Fastbreaks. Need them to come out.

way to be a man.

IpathCats

« Reply #41575 on: April 08, 2021, 07:33:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn that sucks, I had the navy leather/nylon ones. Loved the way they skated but the nylon didn't hold up well at all(obviously). I would love a black suede white/gum sole version.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #41576 on: April 08, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »
I have no insights but as someone who has failed to stock up on models I loved after getting a weird feeling about whether they’ll stay around, I’d say start stocking up.

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #41577 on: April 08, 2021, 12:43:37 PM »
I had a couple Fastbreaks around 2010, and always planned on grabbing more...can’t believe that was a decade ago. Will be lame if they discontinue em.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #41578 on: April 08, 2021, 12:52:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
don’t pull at my heartstrings

stets