Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664022 times)

A Not At All Naughty Chemist and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #41610 on: April 11, 2021, 12:52:39 PM »
The colorway trend is insulting seriously. How you gonna have Bobby or Guy on your team and not give Pro models. Especially since it's not like they couldn't afford it... Who else, Luan, Mason, Cyrus, Yuri, Bradley, Oskar, Durao, Geronzi all these guys are killing it beyond deserving.

Nah - they often give colorways to a rider for the first colorway of a model so that they can benefit from the excitement too.   Deedz just benefited from that

Nike doesn’t just hand out signature shoes.   Think of all the basketball players that actually get shoes.   I think Durant, Kyrie, Giannis, and George are like the only active guys with shoes.   Makes it special, makes it unique.   We reached critical mass on “everyone gets a pro model” like 10+ years ago.  It’s nice to go back to when getting a pro model meant something special

Manolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #41611 on: April 11, 2021, 02:20:38 PM »
Yes it's special and unique and yes skateboard careers are short, all more reasons to give pro models to extremely talented people who deserve it. And not just nike, all brand. Dreams? we had pro models in skateboarding since the mid 80's, it's a tradition. And i'm not saying they should stop doing colorways either.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41612 on: April 11, 2021, 02:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Are you saying Guy Mariano doesn't deserve a pro model?
[close]

Yes. That’s what I’m saying. I thought that was pretty clear.
Thanks for confirming.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #41613 on: April 11, 2021, 04:15:17 PM »
Yes it's special and unique and yes skateboard careers are short, all more reasons to give pro models to extremely talented people who deserve it. And not just nike, all brand. Dreams? we had pro models in skateboarding since the mid 80's, it's a tradition. And i'm not saying they should stop doing colorways either.

Yet here you are, all upset that they aren’t giving a pro model to Guy - a pro who posted 3 or 4 clips in the last two years. Skateboarding as an industry is a lot different than it was 40 years ago.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41614 on: April 11, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
Did i only named Guy? I've been around a lot of shoe industry people these last 10 years i know how this works.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41615 on: April 11, 2021, 10:54:15 PM »
Personally annoyed that P.Rod got his first pro model at 20 (or 21?) and Ishod isn't getting one until now that he's nearly 30... I feel like that reduces the lifespan of potential future Ishod models. Also annoyed that no Nike Sb pros have retroed models besides Janoski, their are definitely some P.Rod models that could be standards, Koston's too.

0:27

http://youtu.be/4QYbWvy1sYY

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41616 on: April 11, 2021, 11:24:34 PM »
Did i only named Guy? I've been around a lot of shoe industry people these last 10 years i know how this works.

Not to only bring of Guy again, but I’d push for him to get a pro model if he didn’t have 2 on axion and then a handful on lakai.   Same for other skaters that have joined and have had models before.   Ishod’s been a relative life on Nike so it’s extra nice he’s getting it.   I think most of the team riders like the models that already exist.  Hjalte or Bobby pro shoe will basically do to the Blazer low what Shane did to the janoski

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41617 on: April 12, 2021, 02:11:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not to only bring of Guy again, but I’d push for him to get a pro model if he didn’t have 2 on axion and then a handful on lakai.   Same for other skaters that have joined and have had models before.   Ishod’s been a relative life on Nike so it’s extra nice he’s getting it.   I think most of the team riders like the models that already exist.  Hjalte or Bobby pro shoe will basically do to the Blazer low what Shane did to the janoski

I'm saying nike because they have good designers, most of the time they do new shoes it's usually good. That ishod look nice. Remember the BA, i'm sure these guys have a bunch of cool designs in store for a couple more deserving pros. There's so much redundance in skate shoes it's also nice to see some original designs.
The original thing that annoyed me with the colorway thing was és not having pro models at all, and dudes like Wade never had a pro shoe. But with the designs they are coming up with lately i'm not sure i want to see one...

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #41618 on: April 12, 2021, 09:35:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Looks like the Rowley “Shams” shoe.
[close]
don’t pull at my heartstrings
[close]

these could be sick. mid top, brown leather, cupsole? count me in. i like a good pair of gnar boots that last a long time.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41619 on: April 12, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
these could be sick. mid top, brown leather, cupsole? count me in. i like a good pair of gnar boots that last a long time.
Looks super promising but at the same time Lakai is ready good at screwing things up
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #41620 on: April 12, 2021, 11:47:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Personally annoyed that P.Rod got his first pro model at 20 (or 21?) and Ishod isn't getting one until now that he's nearly 30... I feel like that reduces the lifespan of potential future Ishod models. Also annoyed that no Nike Sb pros have retroed models besides Janoski, their are definitely some P.Rod models that could be standards, Koston's too.
[close]

0:27

http://youtu.be/4QYbWvy1sYY

You make a very good point here.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #41621 on: April 12, 2021, 03:47:31 PM »
The colorway trend is insulting seriously. How you gonna have Bobby or Guy on your team and not give Pro models. Especially since it's not like they couldn't afford it... Who else, Luan, Mason, Cyrus, Yuri, Bradley, Oskar, Durao, Geronzi all these guys are killing it beyond deserving.

This is exact thing, along with the rest of the responses to this, is what I was talking about prior to some skaters being put in colorway purgatory. They can have colorways every year and/or on every best selling model, but less than a handful get an actual shoe to design. It still has me thinking (depending on the brand), "if you are investing in a particular skater(s) so much to give them colorway after colorway after colorway and they have shown interest/its demanded that they have their own shoe, what really is keeping them in purgatory vs giving them a shoe?".

and yes i understand making a new shoe is costly (some companies re-using molds/soles from other models to help cut costs, like Es), but o would any shoe that is a colorway people wouldnt buy unless it's on sale for Ross cheap prices. I think the best example I can come up with, aside from Ishod, is Shane. Dude had so many people flooding his comment sections every time he posted a janoski colorway/his signature colorway asking when he would get his own, and even shane said he had been showing interest yet Nike kept denying him, despite his parts breaking Thrasher's site every drop, and his boards/product selling very well.

switch209

« Reply #41622 on: April 12, 2021, 03:56:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like the Nike koston 1 could be a carryover shoe. Clean/simple cupsole that always looked good and doesn’t look dated.

That and the Prod 1 (possibly the 3 too, I liked how different it was, and it skated good from friends that had them), that shoe was beautiful IMO.

but I think Prod said before that he was getting a model on Es (what turned into the K5 if i remember correctly) when his hype was peaking at the time, and Nike was really wanting to push NikeSB and he wanted a pro shoe since Es was giving him one, and he wouldnt want to sign without making sure he got that, especially being the first pro with one when they got NikeSB pushed into skating. with how successful the 1 was, i think he made it to where he would get a certain amount of models in his contract, thus why after the 4th one, they seemed to come out literally every year vs his first few that had longer lifespans.

someone correct me if im wrong, but thats how i remember him explaining it.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41623 on: April 12, 2021, 03:58:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is exact thing, along with the rest of the responses to this, is what I was talking about prior to some skaters being put in colorway purgatory. They can have colorways every year and/or on every best selling model, but less than a handful get an actual shoe to design. It still has me thinking (depending on the brand), "if you are investing in a particular skater(s) so much to give them colorway after colorway after colorway and they have shown interest/its demanded that they have their own shoe, what really is keeping them in purgatory vs giving them a shoe?".

and yes i understand making a new shoe is costly (some companies re-using molds/soles from other models to help cut costs, like Es), but o would any shoe that is a colorway people wouldnt buy unless it's on sale for Ross cheap prices. I think the best example I can come up with, aside from Ishod, is Shane. Dude had so many people flooding his comment sections every time he posted a janoski colorway/his signature colorway asking when he would get his own, and even shane said he had been showing interest yet Nike kept denying him, despite his parts breaking Thrasher's site every drop, and his boards/product selling very well.

Citations needed (more than just here)

Also, who cares if a pro “designs their own shoe”.  GT didn’t design the blazer low, Corey Kennedy didn’t design the all court and those shoes did pretty well for those guys without an auteur’s vision. 

The fact you think Yuri, Geronzi, and Luan should have signature NIKES shows your bar is farrr too low.  Except maybe Luan who I could see having been demoted, I don’t think  either of those guys are even on the teams that tour let alone get colorways

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306

nevrwasben

« Reply #41625 on: April 12, 2021, 07:27:25 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNljUAdFfXd/?igshid=1ks0kcvpdz9kd
I had the Savier BAs that had that colorway.
Made my feet smell like cheese; total sweatboxs and I couldn’t feel my board.
All for the 💕  of BA

switch209

« Reply #41626 on: April 12, 2021, 08:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Also, who cares if a pro “designs their own shoe”.  GT didn’t design the blazer low, Corey Kennedy didn’t design the all court and those shoes did pretty well for those guys without an auteur’s vision. 

The fact you think Yuri, Geronzi, and Luan should have signature NIKES shows your bar is farrr too low.  Except maybe Luan who I could see having been demoted, I don’t think  either of those guys are even on the teams that tour let alone get colorways

When his Janoski high tape colorway was released, one of the main things he was saying (i think directly in the post/comments, or in follow up posts from that one, i barely use IG so I havent check in a long time) that he wants to have his own model and hes been wanting one for a while. Running into him at one of my local spots when he was filming for his NATV, I asked him (I think the session was him, Walker Ryan, Taylor Bingamen, and I cant remember who else) if it was for Nike and he said no, and I jokingly asked him if it was for his pro shoe debut video, he laughed and said no, that he's wanted his own but hasnt been given the opportunity yet, so it's been a minute for him wanting and apparently bringing it up.

and sorry for saying "design", i meant just in general having his own shoe. and for the other pros mentioned, I was trying to back the post quoted about how they have a stacked team of guys whom have been getting coverage, putting out parts, doing well in contests, and yet we barely see anything from Nike for a colorway, let alone a shoe. BTW did Mason even get a colorway for winning SOTY? That's generally what happens to whom gets it.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41627 on: April 12, 2021, 10:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

When his Janoski high tape colorway was released, one of the main things he was saying (i think directly in the post/comments, or in follow up posts from that one, i barely use IG so I havent check in a long time) that he wants to have his own model and hes been wanting one for a while. Running into him at one of my local spots when he was filming for his NATV, I asked him (I think the session was him, Walker Ryan, Taylor Bingamen, and I cant remember who else) if it was for Nike and he said no, and I jokingly asked him if it was for his pro shoe debut video, he laughed and said no, that he's wanted his own but hasnt been given the opportunity yet, so it's been a minute for him wanting and apparently bringing it up.

and sorry for saying "design", i meant just in general having his own shoe. and for the other pros mentioned, I was trying to back the post quoted about how they have a stacked team of guys whom have been getting coverage, putting out parts, doing well in contests, and yet we barely see anything from Nike for a colorway, let alone a shoe. BTW did Mason even get a colorway for winning SOTY? That's generally what happens to whom gets it.

I was thinking more about his board sales and parts breaking the Thrasher site being the iffier parts.   

switch209

« Reply #41628 on: April 12, 2021, 11:32:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was thinking more about his board sales and parts breaking the Thrasher site being the iffier parts.

oh fuck, my bad. but yes "Shane Goes" broke the site for a bit (thrasher and I believe Staba both said it in like the first hour or so, because nobody could watch it until they fixed the video player) and I believe his Primitive video had a similar issue but nowhere as bad as SG, and talking with Prod at 100k and a few times ive seen him in Sac when Shane was on the team, i asked him how it was having Shane on, and he said it was great and his boards were selling great and I took his word for it.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #41629 on: April 13, 2021, 06:12:15 AM »
julian davidson
good come sausage

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #41630 on: April 13, 2021, 06:59:49 AM »
messaged EE to ask if we were getting that Ni-ling that was several pics over in his story w the "dunk-like" toe box?
He said there will be multiple models, the main ones he's posting coming June

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

IpathCats

« Reply #41631 on: April 13, 2021, 07:22:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Looks super promising but at the same time Lakai is ready good at screwing things up

Looks like half cab knock off mixed with a telford, either way it has the xlk sole so it's gonna suck.

IpathCats

« Reply #41632 on: April 13, 2021, 07:23:50 AM »

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #41633 on: April 13, 2021, 08:05:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Looks like half cab knock off mixed with a telford, either way it has the xlk sole so it's gonna suck.

Man, I must be an outlier but I really like the XLK sole. The biggest issue I have with Lakai is the upper not lasting. I wish they were more durable.

globe fusion

• Rep: 3

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #41635 on: April 13, 2021, 05:33:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I thought that specific XLK sole was great on the Griffin XLK. The XLK sole on the Manchester and Telford is not so great.

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Man, I must be an outlier but I really like the XLK sole. The biggest issue I have with Lakai is the upper not lasting. I wish they were more durable.
How much for an order of ribs?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41636 on: April 14, 2021, 10:25:08 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #41637 on: April 14, 2021, 11:18:12 PM »

These are just normal adidas original pro models, bunch of them at outlets rn. Found a pair for 40$

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #41639 on: April 15, 2021, 06:59:47 AM »