Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8698881 times)

I HATE WHERE I LIVE, MusclesMarinara, kmoe, Ticallion Stallion and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #42480 on: July 10, 2021, 03:13:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

https://www.vans.com/article_detail/vans-dime-wayvee.html

Dime collab for that new Vans Wayvee shoe. Pretty in to this colorway actually
[close]

Yeah. These aren’t bad. Better looking than the Varix.
[close]

just found out a good friend from college who works at vans as a shoe designer, designed these!!

honestly insane that a skate friend of 10 years made this.

not my favorite but also not bad at all!

I like the icy sole that dime has been doing with the vans collabs. This colorway shows off the silhouette much better too. Definitely interested in how the wayvee skates

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #42481 on: July 12, 2021, 01:35:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

https://www.vans.com/article_detail/vans-dime-wayvee.html

Dime collab for that new Vans Wayvee shoe. Pretty in to this colorway actually
[close]

Yeah. These aren’t bad. Better looking than the Varix.
[close]

just found out a good friend from college who works at vans as a shoe designer, designed these!!

honestly insane that a skate friend of 10 years made this.

not my favorite but also not bad at all!
[close]

I like the icy sole that dime has been doing with the vans collabs. This colorway shows off the silhouette much better too. Definitely interested in how the wayvee skates

These shoes push switch mongo

Nothing wrong with that

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42482 on: July 12, 2021, 02:37:58 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #42483 on: July 12, 2021, 03:14:44 PM »
Didn’t Skate Shop Day just happen?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #42484 on: July 12, 2021, 05:39:04 PM »
Didn’t Skate Shop Day just happen?
Kelly didn’t get a chance to take selfie’s with this shoe
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #42485 on: July 12, 2021, 07:16:08 PM »
July 10

these look absolutely beautiful. I know it may not seem like much and it's also because of using different materials, but I like the detail in the types of black coloring on the toe box and the rest of the shoe for a darker color shoe like this. I know it's easier to see detailing on other colorways, but just looking down on the shoe from the photos, that would get me hyped to skate.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #42486 on: July 12, 2021, 09:08:48 PM »
July 10

that is a nice looking shoe right there

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #42487 on: July 12, 2021, 11:46:07 PM »

I have always been intrigued with politics of this perticular shoe, is Koston getting paid? Has someone happened with koston and nike?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42488 on: July 13, 2021, 12:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have always been intrigued with politics of this perticular shoe, is Koston getting paid? Has someone happened with koston and nike?

I’ve always heard you can’t copywrite a shoe design.  This also looks different enough that I think they can get a pass

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #42489 on: July 13, 2021, 04:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote
July 10

[close]

that is a nice looking shoe right there

Going hard with the varsity jacket in July.  I'd be sweating my ass off. 

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 147

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #42491 on: July 13, 2021, 06:56:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’ve always heard you can’t copywrite a shoe design.  This also looks different enough that I think they can get a pass

Unlike the evant this one is really pushing it, i do remember kelly said he tried to get the k1 going but to no avail

Or maybe Es leaked it on purpose seeing if there was any pushback? Its not the first time this happened at soletech, Emerica Century I believe the reissue got canned because Jamie Thomas did not approve of it.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #42493 on: July 13, 2021, 07:58:28 AM »
I dig* am kind of annoyed by that new team shoe on the romero sole, although it adds a model on emerica that isn't a one-piece toecap.
*Edit- just noticed the sidewalls are asymmetrical... That would drive me crazy on my feet. Just add the vertical suede strip on the outside too. The design looks like it should be mirrored on the sole to help with durability and design. Why put holes right next to the highest wear area?

Those reynolds look like tanks, in the way that they would have 0 airflow.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 12:12:40 PM by Porkchop Sandwiches »

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42495 on: July 13, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Unlike the evant this one is really pushing it, i do remember kelly said he tried to get the k1 going but to no avail

Or maybe Es leaked it on purpose seeing if there was any pushback? Its not the first time this happened at soletech, Emerica Century I believe the reissue got canned because Jamie Thomas did not approve of it.

That toe looks sooo stubby on the side shot compared to top down

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #42496 on: July 13, 2021, 04:49:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s been the thumbnail for that season on the soletech catalogue site for a pretty good minute. If it’s a “leak” it isn’t a good one

PS: I remember at least a couple iterations of this after Koston left. Or maybe the pair I bought in Marshall’s was a knock-off. Either way if they released true OG K1s I’d find a school to wear them on the first day to

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42497 on: July 13, 2021, 05:24:13 PM »
éS did in fact release some variations of the K1 after Koston left. Off the top of my head they made the “One” which was a vulcanized version (which in retrospect didn’t look half bad)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #42498 on: July 13, 2021, 05:54:55 PM »
Like the evant, I think there’s enough tweaks there to not have to pay royalties

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #42499 on: July 13, 2021, 06:07:39 PM »

The nostalgia hits hard with this colorway. I don’t like the nubs on the sole but whatever. I’d buy these and I can’t stand the new iteration of ‘es.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42500 on: July 13, 2021, 06:48:49 PM »
These AVE and Crockett highs are simple and clean.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42501 on: July 13, 2021, 08:26:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The nostalgia hits hard with this colorway. I don’t like the nubs on the sole but whatever. I’d buy these and I can’t stand the new iteration of ‘es.

yeah those are sick.

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #42502 on: July 14, 2021, 01:56:52 AM »
Im obsessed with this collab by lost art and new balance since Tom Karangelov posted on instagram

The Man From The Place Of Clay

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
« Reply #42503 on: July 14, 2021, 12:53:55 PM »
I asked around and that K1 remake is indeed happening for Go Skate Day.

In general pro skaters do not own any rights to the design of their pro shoes, unless they were smart enough to work that into their contract somehow, which I doubt any of them did, especially in the 90s. That's why Axion can make the Mariano and call it the Genesis. (Don't know why it's even called the Genesis, the Mariano shoe didn't come out until several seasons after Axion started.) That's why eS could make the eS One, the vulcanized Koston.

If they wanted to, I'm sure that eS could produce exact versions of the original Kostons, they just couldn't put Koston's name on it. They only reason they didn't do that with the Evant is because they're idiots, and the only reason they didn't do that with this one is because it's expensive to create a new sole mold, so they're just using the closest thing they have. (Which is funny because they definitely have current soles that would have matched the K3 knockoff better and they made a new ugly sole for it.)

I do not like the new eS at all and I hate to say it but I think I would rock/skate these K1 remakes out of nostalgia and be ashamed of myself the entire time.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42504 on: July 14, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »

In general pro skaters do not own any rights to the design of their pro shoes, unless they were smart enough to work that into their contract somehow, which I doubt any of them did, especially in the 90s. That's why Axion can make the Mariano and call it the Genesis. (Don't know why it's even called the Genesis, the Mariano shoe didn't come out until several seasons after Axion started.) That's why eS could make the eS One, the vulcanized Koston.

If they wanted to, I'm sure that eS could produce exact versions of the original Kostons, they just couldn't put Koston's name on it. They only reason they didn't do that with the Evant is because they're idiots, and the only reason they didn't do that with this one is because it's expensive to create a new sole mold, so they're just using the closest thing they have. (Which is funny because they definitely have current soles that would have matched the K3 knockoff better and they made a new ugly sole for it.)

I do not like the new eS at all and I hate to say it but I think I would rock/skate these K1 remakes out of nostalgia and be ashamed of myself the entire time.

It’s the Genesis of this iteration of Axion I’d guess

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
« Reply #42505 on: July 14, 2021, 02:30:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s the Genesis of this iteration of Axion I’d guess

OH WE GOT AN AXION APOLOGIST HERE!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #42506 on: July 14, 2021, 04:41:56 PM »

I kind of dig the way the K1s look as vulcs. Something Half Cabby about them.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42507 on: July 14, 2021, 07:53:23 PM »
Spring 2022. January-February 2022.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #42508 on: July 14, 2021, 11:34:45 PM »

Looks nice. Pleasantly surprised lavender isn't the first colorway.
High top true cupsole?

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #42509 on: July 15, 2021, 04:05:22 AM »

They look like apple products
The Man From The Place Of Clay