Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664097 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #43350 on: October 11, 2021, 08:36:45 PM »

How do you do something so good like those green ones and do something so bad like those orthopedic ones?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #43351 on: October 11, 2021, 09:26:46 PM »
I don’t think he ever said he’s vegan. In some video he said he eats a “mostly vegan” diet (which literally has a word, vegetarian, but that’s besides the point). I’m similar - I don’t label myself and the majority of the meals I eat are plant-based, and I skate suede because I know it’s the best material to skate.
really? I could have sworn he used the term. Either way, and if he's still gonna rock suede, he shouldn't mention anything about his diet. Maybe he did only say he was plant based and I guess that's the loophole out of being criticized because you just pull the "yo, but I'm plant based, not vegan" card.
As to whether suede is the best material to skate in, that is completely subjective but I will say that eS' beyond suede is at the point where I doubt you could even tell the difference. Adidas used vegan suede on their sambas too so it's not like these materials aren't available to him...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43352 on: October 11, 2021, 10:49:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Tiago is getting another pro model late next year. Don't know what it looks like but they're supposedly going to be made in Brazil(maybe even with the materials sourced there as well?)
[close]

Man I really like his first one, I hope it’s something in the same vein, I don’t want to have to get used to another cupsole

They're keeping the first.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #43353 on: October 11, 2021, 10:52:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How do you do something so good like those green ones and do something so bad like those orthopedic ones?
They go super good with nude compression socks
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #43354 on: October 11, 2021, 11:33:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
They go super good with nude compression socks

Hahahaha “the first skate shoe designed to prevent deep vein thrombosis”.   

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #43355 on: October 12, 2021, 08:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Sucks that this probably means he won't be getting any more pro models any time soon.

Are these vulc or the super thin cupsole from when Adidas first got back into making skate shoes?
[close]

It’s vulc. They use the same outsole as the 3mc with a different foxing tape. It’s a pretty barebones shoe, so if you expect any impact support those are not the way to go…

Oh I definitely didn’t think they’d provide much impact support whether they were cupsoles or vulc. I just remember liking the original ones which were a super super thin cupsole. That said, I had those like over 10 years ago, so even if they re-released those exactly as I remember, they’d probably still be way to thin for me right now.

IpathCats

« Reply #43356 on: October 12, 2021, 11:26:42 AM »
Tiago is getting another pro model late next year. Don't know what it looks like but they're supposedly going to be made in Brazil(maybe even with the materials sourced there as well?)

This would be tight. I hope his next shoe is another banger like the first. I have multiple pairs of 1010's i wear around when I'm not skating. I'll be upset if the new shoe sucks and they stop making the first.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #43357 on: October 12, 2021, 12:25:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This would be tight. I hope his next shoe is another banger like the first. I have multiple pairs of 1010's i wear around when I'm not skating. I'll be upset if the new shoe sucks and they stop making the first.

Checked with Rothdigga in the NB thread and he says the 1010 will be about "a good while longer". Thank goodness...

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #43358 on: October 13, 2021, 09:15:47 AM »

They’re all sick!! Take my money

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #43359 on: October 13, 2021, 07:14:02 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CU-lGxaPGRD/?utm_medium=copy_link

These James Capp lakai probably the best walking shoe out out by a traditional skate brand

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #43360 on: October 14, 2021, 03:23:25 AM »
If anyone wanted to see those Macdonalds fry cook Authentic highs on foot here you go (not my pic)

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #43361 on: October 14, 2021, 07:26:22 AM »
Couple Half Cab '92's up on the Vans Canada site that I haven't seen anywhere else. The blue ones are Vault (non-removable insole), the red ones are from the Skate line (Popcush). Red ones are not in stock yet, but the pictures are up.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #43362 on: October 14, 2021, 07:30:20 AM »
Is there an actual difference with the Half-Cab '92s? When I saw that name on the Reynolds ones I assumed it was just an homage of the colorway or something.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #43363 on: October 14, 2021, 07:31:40 AM »
Is there an actual difference with the Half-Cab '92s? When I saw that name on the Reynolds ones I assumed it was just an homage of the colorway or something.
toe cap is different

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #43364 on: October 14, 2021, 07:40:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
toe cap is different

Ah interesting. I've got the Reynolds ones on ice right now and they didn't feel wildly different to my Skate Half-Cabs, but those are also pretty worn so it's hard to do a direct A/B comparison.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43365 on: October 14, 2021, 08:29:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
toe cap is different
[close]

Ah interesting. I've got the Reynolds ones on ice right now and they didn't feel wildly different to my Skate Half-Cabs, but those are also pretty worn so it's hard to do a direct A/B comparison.
It's just two pieces vs one piece

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43366 on: October 14, 2021, 09:10:40 AM »
the james capp lakai evo 2.0 colorway looking real nice

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #43367 on: October 14, 2021, 10:36:19 AM »
Very very nice.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #43368 on: October 14, 2021, 11:16:58 AM »
Those Lakais seem to be getting a positive response here, but I don't see it. No way those are better walking around shoes than an average level Nike/NB/Adidas shoe of that type, right? 'Who is this for?' is a valid question about Lakai in general, but I really don't see the appeal in those. And I'm speaking as someone who knows what Lakai is. Any non-skater sees those, and just thinks they're from Wal Mart.

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #43369 on: October 14, 2021, 11:51:50 AM »
Who cares what a non-skater thinks ;D

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43370 on: October 14, 2021, 12:19:22 PM »
Those Lakais seem to be getting a positive response here, but I don't see it. No way those are better walking around shoes than an average level Nike/NB/Adidas shoe of that type, right? 'Who is this for?' is a valid question about Lakai in general, but I really don't see the appeal in those. And I'm speaking as someone who knows what Lakai is. Any non-skater person you think is attractive at the bar sees those, and just thinks they're from Wal Mart.
fixed it, and I agree.  Leave the runners to the running shoe companies.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #43371 on: October 14, 2021, 12:21:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
toe cap is different
[close]

[close]
It's just two pieces vs one piece

The side and back panels are slightly different as well. At least on my pairs. Not able to take p photo of them both right now though.
How much for an order of ribs?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43372 on: October 14, 2021, 12:59:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Those Lakais seem to be getting a positive response here, but I don't see it. No way those are better walking around shoes than an average level Nike/NB/Adidas shoe of that type, right? 'Who is this for?' is a valid question about Lakai in general, but I really don't see the appeal in those. And I'm speaking as someone who knows what Lakai is. Any non-skater person you think is attractive at the bar sees those, and just thinks they're from Wal Mart.
[close]

When I buy shoes, it’s usually based on how cool they look rather than walkability. These look cool to me. Unless wearing them actively works against my feet, I think it’s fine.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #43373 on: October 14, 2021, 01:15:23 PM »
the james capp lakai evo 2.0 colorway walking shoe looking real nice

whoever called it the walking shoe on the last page you got a real good laugh from me
good come sausage

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43374 on: October 14, 2021, 01:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

whoever called it the walking shoe on the last page you got a real good laugh from me

Put a Tiago style sole one them and they'd be even better

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #43375 on: October 14, 2021, 02:33:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That reminds me of when my friend got his first touchscreen smartphone and described it as “those phones that you play with your fingers” as if he used his elbows on the previous phone or something like that.  ;D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #43376 on: October 14, 2021, 03:05:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if that is your stance then every big sports company trying to make skate shoes should fuck off too right?
Either way, those lakais are tight, would 100% rock them!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 06:57:31 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #43377 on: October 14, 2021, 03:12:39 PM »
If anyone wanted to see those Macdonalds fry cook Authentic highs on foot here you go (not my pic)

Unpopular opinion, but I really like this colorway. These vaguely remind me of those Gravis Dylan hi-tops from way back.

I'm excited that they're keeping the Half Cab 92s in the line too. Something about the paneling on those look so good.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #43378 on: October 14, 2021, 03:23:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Put a Tiago style sole one them and they'd be even better

Damn. Not buying lakais but those would be hard to refuse.bthry definitely should make a skateable version. Those look better than most their whole catalogue
The chillest1

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 111
« Reply #43379 on: October 14, 2021, 04:14:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Unpopular opinion, but I really like this colorway. These vaguely remind me of those Gravis Dylan hi-tops from way back.

I'm excited that they're keeping the Half Cab 92s in the line too. Something about the paneling on those look so good.

Was going to say the same thing. Take that vans tab off and put a gravis IV logo and people would love it. I like em but I know they are probably sweat boxes. My feet would be drenched in those with all that leather, a rubber layer under that, and no ventilation holes... no thanks.