Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8686628 times)

douchenozzle, lamfordie and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #43411 on: October 21, 2021, 08:05:18 PM »
They look synth, anyone confirm the upper materials?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 10
« Reply #43412 on: October 21, 2021, 08:22:00 PM »

They look so sick when Henry wears them, not sure everyone can pull them off though. What is the general consensus on the Wayvee though?

They aren’t the prettiest shoe around but they feel so good personally the best van shoe I have purchased in a while. Tyson Colorway is the only one I have had but plan on ordering the Henry colorway in November.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #43413 on: October 21, 2021, 11:32:14 PM »
I like the Wayvee’s. Some clean colour ways would look awesome, all white, tan white sole, dark brown black sole, baby blue, just some clean CW’s. Just copy Gilbert’s colours. The shoe look tough and would last.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #43414 on: October 22, 2021, 12:13:28 AM »
Can't isolate the single pic (and don't feel like screen shotting the page, cropping, then uploading to imgur) but here's some more pics including one on foot of those red/white leather Half Cabs.

The more I see them the more I want them.

https://www.vans.se/shop/en-gb/vans-se/sport-leather-skate-half-cab-92-shoes-vn0a5kya82e#hero=0

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #43415 on: October 22, 2021, 12:20:36 AM »
I generally think Vans are ugly even though i've been wearing Rowans but I kinda like that wayvee

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #43416 on: October 22, 2021, 12:58:38 AM »
Can't isolate the single pic (and don't feel like screen shotting the page, cropping, then uploading to imgur) but here's some more pics including one on foot of those red/white leather Half Cabs.

https://www.vans.se/shop/en-gb/vans-se/sport-leather-skate-half-cab-92-shoes-vn0a5kya82e#hero=0

Trends go in cycles and it’s about to be time for the Half Cab and those bigger tech shoes that look like the Wayvee.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #43417 on: October 22, 2021, 03:14:39 AM »
Tried some Wayvees on at the local and they were extremely comfy, it also feels like they will be a very supportive shoe. Gonna buy a pair once I have worked through my backlog of shoes, I personally really like how they look and they are a lot better looking in person tbh.

Depending on how you ollie/kickflip you might wear through the mesh prematurely similar to the AVEs but I think there is duracap underneath.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #43418 on: October 22, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »

Looking very submissive and bredable
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #43419 on: October 22, 2021, 02:51:58 PM »
I didn't like the last iteration of the Vans pro line, but how do the new skate Half Cabs compare to say a Blazer? The last line's Popcush felt way too high in the heel and like ankle roll city.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43420 on: October 22, 2021, 03:11:41 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #43421 on: October 22, 2021, 03:51:57 PM »
damn those rowleys got dem birthing hips

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #43422 on: October 22, 2021, 05:10:36 PM »
God that red color way really brings me back… I creamed my cut off camo cargo shorts over those freshman year of high school.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #43423 on: October 22, 2021, 07:45:28 PM »
I’m beyond tempted to get those red Rowley’s. I have so many shoes as it is though

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #43424 on: October 22, 2021, 08:14:06 PM »
This could just as easily go in the “things that made you laugh” thread, but Fallen rereleased the Slesh
Shoe and named it “the goat”

Shuh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #43425 on: October 22, 2021, 10:45:13 PM »
This could just as easily go in the “things that made you laugh” thread, but Fallen rereleased the Slesh
Shoe and named it “the goat”

That has to be a marketing ploy to get kids interested  sounds like they are desperate

pro club blanks

« Reply #43426 on: October 23, 2021, 11:19:06 AM »
I like a lil meat on my vulc

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #43427 on: October 23, 2021, 06:15:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I like a lil meat on my vulc

like a good milf

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43428 on: October 23, 2021, 06:56:54 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #43429 on: October 23, 2021, 08:14:29 PM »

Those look great to me. The soles look a little off but nothing too bad.
I know it’s been beaten to death, but I don’t understand “core” skate shoe companies and the whole sole thing. I understand the part about how it costs to develop molds for new models so they reuse soles on multiple designs. But the designs on the soles themself, they just look weird. Like on this shoe, it looks so generic in a way. Look at a Lakai shoe from the era when these were originally released. The design of those shoes looked so much better quality, design and material-wise. What happened over the course of 20 years that made the development of skateboard shoes to look so wack.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #43430 on: October 24, 2021, 05:05:42 AM »
So hyped Lakai is bringing back the worst shoe I ever had as an early teenager.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #43431 on: October 24, 2021, 09:17:16 AM »

And a worse looking version!    They need to bring back the Rick 3 (I believe it was - wears in last trick in Yeah Right).  Best (if only good) lakai I ever skated

nevrwasben

« Reply #43432 on: October 24, 2021, 11:03:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And a worse looking version!    They need to bring back the Rick 3 (I believe it was - wears in last trick in Yeah Right).  Best (if only good) lakai I ever skated
Paging Lakai SJ-3 Tan/Tiger print color way; loved that shoe

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -8
« Reply #43433 on: October 24, 2021, 11:51:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know it’s been beaten to death, but I don’t understand “core” skate shoe companies and the whole sole thing. I understand the part about how it costs to develop molds for new models so they reuse soles on multiple designs. But the designs on the soles themself, they just look weird. Like on this shoe, it looks so generic in a way. Look at a Lakai shoe from the era when these were originally released. The design of those shoes looked so much better quality, design and material-wise. What happened over the course of 20 years that made the development of skateboard shoes to look so wack.

The designers nowadays are just less talented than those who pioneered the aesthetic of skate footwear in the late 90s. Simple as that. I think it's a result of nepotism/hiring friends rather than having really strict guidelines of hiring those with exceptional taste and talent. That's why there's been such a snowball effect of forgetful designs in skateboarding since the 'golden era'. It was the 'golden era' because of the sheer amount of raw creative talent in the industry, coinciding with the cultural zeitgeist of skateboarding. It was the perfect storm that will never happen again. That's why the reissue nonsense needs to stop and why we need new designers making new sh*t.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #43434 on: October 24, 2021, 11:52:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Couple Half Cab '92's up on the Vans Canada site that I haven't seen anywhere else. The blue ones are Vault (non-removable insole), the red ones are from the Skate line (Popcush). Red ones are not in stock yet, but the pictures are up.

[close]

anyone got info on these? been wanting half cabs again and have really liked full grain leather over suede recently.

They are live of the Vans website right now for $80.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #43435 on: October 24, 2021, 02:06:58 PM »
How do the new Half Cab skates feel compared to Blazers? I wasn't into the old pro line.

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #43436 on: October 24, 2021, 05:21:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Paging Lakai SJ-3 Tan/Tiger print color way; loved that shoe

pre fully flared lakai was soo sick. like fr

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #43437 on: October 24, 2021, 10:40:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The designers nowadays are just less talented than those who pioneered the aesthetic of skate footwear in the late 90s. Simple as that. I think it's a result of nepotism/hiring friends rather than having really strict guidelines of hiring those with exceptional taste and talent. That's why there's been such a snowball effect of forgetful designs in skateboarding since the 'golden era'. It was the 'golden era' because of the sheer amount of raw creative talent in the industry, coinciding with the cultural zeitgeist of skateboarding. It was the perfect storm that will never happen again. That's why the reissue nonsense needs to stop and why we need new designers making new sh*t.

Also, looking at the market for skate shoes, so many more companies are present compared to how it was back then, and yet the majority of the amount that is spent may be the same when taking inflation into consideration (avg shoe was $60 back then, now its $80-85).
Think of it as 10 brands with skaters spending a set amount of money back then where the money coming in could cover doing different molds and being more "unique", and now with more brands and possibly the same amount or close give or take higher or lower, the amount going to the brands is smaller, and as some of the core companies are being hit hardest with a lot of other brands now in the mix that weren't focused on skating before (you can like that or not, that's not the point), they may be at a point where the unique aspect is few and far between unless the brand is financed through other means, like how some companies are doing surf/snow/bmx divisions to help make up for what a different division isnt bringing in compared to the past. It makes it harder to stand out and some "play it safe" and plan uppers to fit how one sole mold is to maximize their production costs and still have something to bring to the market.
It sucks to say it, but it's tougher for more "core" companies that solely rely on skaters as their demographic to keep them afloat, hence why some shoes have crazy collabs or colorways no skater would be interested in, but an outside demographic may consider interesting to buy. Without a "home run" shoe to keep them afloat for several years from core brands(the AL50 for circa comes to mind) and help them have extra funds to try new ideas, it's something that I dont see changing anytime soon.
Idk, just my thoughts.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #43438 on: October 25, 2021, 04:25:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I kind of like these.  I would feel like I was from the future.  As far as the design thing, I like how shoes have become more simple/basic.  We don't need more Osiris/C1rca/D3s. 

Dopethrone

• Rep: -20
« Reply #43439 on: October 25, 2021, 04:56:55 AM »

Grecos new shoes, not digging the sole.

Also I feel like we are in the process of seeing a new greco. Wearing a hat and a t shirt