Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663630 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #43650 on: November 18, 2021, 07:20:50 AM »
Was able to get a pair of the Li-Ning Ellingtons so will report back once I’ve gotten them delivered. Might not skate them for a little bit but I’ll bump them up in the queue.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #43651 on: November 18, 2021, 10:10:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Okay but for real who the fuck is buying these things? Has anyone seen them in the wild? I know I've seen it asked before but I don't think I've ever seen a solid answer for this. Specifically looking at people can report from the suburbs or LA since I feel like if there was going to be a place you'd see them it'd be there.
[close]

There's a group of skaters around 12-14yrs old that all wear the Catiba Pro models, they hit up one of my local parks from time to time (central Valley, CA), and one of the kids told me I needed to check out Cariuma because they're better than my Michelin Maranas...

The direction skateboarding is going in is fucked.

And the Vallely pro vs the Catiba Pro...aside from the toe cap, POSSIBLY a little bit bigger of an ollie panel, and the logo smaller...how is it a pro model? His pro shoe on Servant was better.
[close]
did you bother to tell them how they are fucking up?
[close]

I REALLY wanted to, but they are the kind of kids that arent in skating for the long haul, they're the ones doing it for the hype of it atm, and when something else more popular and can make stupid IG edits to give them more "clout" comes along, they'll abandon skating not caring about it anymore. However I did have a really funny moment that I was able to humble one of them from acting really stupid to only really dumb, so it's a step in the right direction.

And mostly, in my experience, kids just don't give a shit what older dudes have to say... they're going to like what their friends and peers like. It's one thing if you're a mentor or they look up to you but if you're just some random older dude it'll probably fall on deaf ears, especially if they're not super into skating and just dipping their toes in because it's cool like you said

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #43652 on: November 18, 2021, 10:48:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Okay but for real who the fuck is buying these things? Has anyone seen them in the wild? I know I've seen it asked before but I don't think I've ever seen a solid answer for this. Specifically looking at people can report from the suburbs or LA since I feel like if there was going to be a place you'd see them it'd be there.
[close]

There's a group of skaters around 12-14yrs old that all wear the Catiba Pro models, they hit up one of my local parks from time to time (central Valley, CA), and one of the kids told me I needed to check out Cariuma because they're better than my Michelin Maranas...

And the Vallely pro vs the Catiba Pro...aside from the toe cap, POSSIBLY a little bit bigger of an ollie panel, and the logo smaller...how is it a pro model? His pro shoe on Servant was better.
[close]
[close]

I REALLY wanted to, but they are the kind of kids that arent in skating for the long haul, they're the ones doing it for the hype of it atm, and when something else more popular and can make stupid IG edits to give them more "clout" comes along, they'll abandon skating not caring about it anymore. However I did have a really funny moment that I was able to humble one of them from acting really stupid to only really dumb, so it's a step in the right direction.
[close]

And mostly, in my experience, kids just don't give a shit what older dudes have to say... they're going to like what their friends and peers like. It's one thing if you're a mentor or they look up to you but if you're just some random older dude it'll probably fall on deaf ears, especially if they're not super into skating and just dipping their toes in because it's cool like you said

I agree for the most part. I usually dont try to get involved with telling them things unless what they're doing causes issues with others, especially about safety. Yesterday I caught an around 12yr old kid waxing EVERYTHING in the park, literally everything, to the point I ran my finger across the rail I wanted to skate and had a large layer of wax come off...and the kid proceeded to go work on his flatground. I confronted him and his response was "I have wax, things are suppose to be waxed, and I put on enough to make sure you slide good", eventually super dad came over to tell me how his kid was doing nothing wrong, and after quite the conversation they stormed away and I ended up cleaning up the mess, and it was too dark to skate anymore.

I just cant deal with kids like that, and especially the parents, and if the kids know better, understand better, and can do better, but choose not to...I cant help but step into the situation, especially seeing someone have a seizure and possibly permanent brain damage because of kids willingly acting stupid and the parents not taking any action to correct it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 11:01:30 AM by switch209 »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #43653 on: November 19, 2021, 10:39:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree for the most part. I usually dont try to get involved with telling them things unless what they're doing causes issues with others, especially about safety. Yesterday I caught an around 12yr old kid waxing EVERYTHING in the park, literally everything, to the point I ran my finger across the rail I wanted to skate and had a large layer of wax come off...and the kid proceeded to go work on his flatground. I confronted him and his response was "I have wax, things are suppose to be waxed, and I put on enough to make sure you slide good", eventually super dad came over to tell me how his kid was doing nothing wrong, and after quite the conversation they stormed away and I ended up cleaning up the mess, and it was too dark to skate anymore.

I just cant deal with kids like that, and especially the parents, and if the kids know better, understand better, and can do better, but choose not to...I cant help but step into the situation, especially seeing someone have a seizure and possibly permanent brain damage because of kids willingly acting stupid and the parents not taking any action to correct it.

Yeah, that's totally different, I'm referring to telling kids what is cool and what isn't. They don't want to be lectured about principles in the skate industry because we don't like the shoes they buy.

If the kid is ruining the spot or putting himself or others at risk by not paying attention to lines or something then that's definitely a different situation.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #43654 on: November 19, 2021, 11:35:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, that's totally different, I'm referring to telling kids what is cool and what isn't. They don't want to be lectured about principles in the skate industry because we don't like the shoes they buy.

If the kid is ruining the spot or putting himself or others at risk by not paying attention to lines or something then that's definitely a different situation.

Again I agree, however in my situation, they approached me after watching me skate, asking me about my set up and then making the statement that their cariumas are better than my maranas, especially because their shoes were "cooler". All I asked them was, "how long have they lasted you?", one said a few weeks (shoes were thrashed), they asked the same question and I replied with, "months, and will continue to last". to which they got mad and skated away. I never approach anyone and question their stuff, I just do it silently unless it's asked of me or brought upon me to say something. That's all.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #43655 on: November 19, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »
Expand Quote

I wish the new Telfords were an exact replica of the originals rather than what they actually are. Just watched a little bit of fully flared again and the shoes look so much better than what they’ve been putting out now. Carrol 4 mids need to come back
[close]

Me too, I will say that after some time the new ones aren't as bad as i thought originally, but i would still prefer a traditional cup over the XLK sole. Its basically constructed like a cupsole that preforms like a vulc.

This colorway is so good, but I've had 2 pairs of of these and overall not satisfied. Dammit lakai.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #43656 on: November 19, 2021, 03:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I wish the new Telfords were an exact replica of the originals rather than what they actually are. Just watched a little bit of fully flared again and the shoes look so much better than what they’ve been putting out now. Carrol 4 mids need to come back
[close]

Me too, I will say that after some time the new ones aren't as bad as i thought originally, but i would still prefer a traditional cup over the XLK sole. Its basically constructed like a cupsole that preforms like a vulc.
[close]

This colorway is so good, but I've had 2 pairs of of these and overall not satisfied. Dammit lakai.

I’ve never skated them, only tried them on at the shop and the toe is way too pointy. And I have narrow feet and these still not only felt tight but also looked weird. I like the rounded toe of a dunk and the older lakai cupsoles and Telford specifically

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #43657 on: November 22, 2021, 06:40:17 AM »
Sorry if these have been posted but haven't seen this colorway yet.

NB# 420

Enjoy your life.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #43658 on: November 22, 2021, 07:10:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Wino Slip Cups are still being released for Spring 22 as planned. We've got a Black/White and an all white dropping.

[close]

those are fucking sick! 🥶🤭
[close]

Fuck yeah, I have 2 pairs of Spanky colorway, and this one is right up my alley. Will be buying for sure.

And with that, I am satisfied. I really like my puigs but slips with no paneling to rip and a proven cupsole sounds perfect

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #43659 on: November 22, 2021, 05:15:51 PM »
Can't wait to replace my wino cup slips with the all white pair. Love that shoe.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43660 on: November 22, 2021, 08:43:22 PM »

From Reynolds’ story on Instagram. Could be working on a new fairlane? Never heard of that shoe before but looked it up and guess they’ve existed for awhile. Ther also was a dime collab fairlane I guess as well. Looks like Reynolds is working on developing more cupsoles with vans

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #43661 on: November 22, 2021, 09:06:29 PM »

From Reynolds’ story on Instagram. Could be working on a new fairlane? Never heard of that shoe before but looked it up and guess they’ve existed for awhile. Ther also was a dime collab fairlane I guess as well. Looks like Reynolds is working on developing more cupsoles with vans

he posted samples and was skating them a bunch right when he got on and then all they've done with him is that recent pack of all vulc shoes. so I wouldn't look to hard into this.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #43662 on: November 23, 2021, 12:04:05 AM »

I skated a few pairs of them in the mid '90s. I thought they were great.
How much for an order of ribs?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43663 on: November 23, 2021, 03:13:02 AM »
Ray Barbee used to always have the Black version of the Fairlane and it always looked so good.

Never tracked any down of that colour but I had a few other pairs with one pair still in box from way too long ago, but just did a search then and it shows a heap on various Vans stores - the navy / white and that other weird black combo colourway mostly.

The Barbee Fairlane from back in the day:

Ray in Fairlanes from a long time ago:

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #43666 on: November 23, 2021, 06:21:00 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWj_LAZvUCX/?utm_medium=copy_link

I like the idea but that logo is just weird like that, that black on black will probably sell out fast.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #43667 on: November 23, 2021, 07:09:25 AM »
The two Fairlanes Reynolds posted are ones available on now. The one with the red inner have a red stripe but it looks like he painted it, hence the black on the sole.  I’m always here for more cupsole options.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #43668 on: November 23, 2021, 07:39:48 AM »

https://www.vans.com/shop/fairlane-black-chili-pepper

and they're on sale! get them while u can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good come sausage

nevrwasben

« Reply #43669 on: November 23, 2021, 10:13:37 AM »

Sole looking chunky as an AF1

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #43670 on: November 23, 2021, 10:14:10 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWneNHAtOYv/?utm_medium=copy_link
I normally don't fuck with Supreme collab shoes but all of the Halfcabs in this release are so sick. I would seriously wear all four colorways, I love the black sole and the contrast stitching.

Never tried to buy anything from a Supreme drop, but I figure it might not even be worth trying.... any one got any experience with this?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #43671 on: November 23, 2021, 02:26:37 PM »
I normally don't fuck with Supreme collab shoes but all of the Halfcabs in this release are so sick. I would seriously wear all four colorways, I love the black sole and the contrast stitching.

Never tried to buy anything from a Supreme drop, but I figure it might not even be worth trying.... any one got any experience with this?

Set up your account and payment info before the drop and be ready to be quick at 11am EST precisely on friday (usual drops are on thursdays, this week is different because of thanksgiving)

I dont fuck with supreme anymore but i had a time where i did and it wasnt too hard if youre quick, i guess it could be better or worse now but its worth trying for

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43672 on: November 23, 2021, 05:18:08 PM »
Ray Barbee used to always have the Black version of the Fairlane and it always looked so good.

Never tracked any down of that colour but I had a few other pairs with one pair still in box from way too long ago, but just did a search then and it shows a heap on various Vans stores - the navy / white and that other weird black combo colourway mostly.

These are actually sick. Would be cool to see the fairlane get a modern tech upgrade but still keep the classic look.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #43673 on: November 23, 2021, 05:20:18 PM »
It’s so weird to see this pre-Rowley era of Vans come back.    Granted I was in junior high, but those were not considered cool shoes hah

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43674 on: November 23, 2021, 05:34:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These are actually sick. Would be cool to see the fairlane get a modern tech upgrade but still keep the classic look.

I feel like the Accel shoe and a couple of others were almost the same upper profile and they are also still loved, be it around the same time or the Fairlane from a bit before, but I definitely had a lot of those back in the day too.

That and the Sal 23, or Rap shoe were good, reliable and cheap to me, from what I can recall.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43675 on: November 23, 2021, 06:50:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Set up your account and payment info before the drop and be ready to be quick at 11am EST precisely on friday (usual drops are on thursdays, this week is different because of thanksgiving)

I dont fuck with supreme anymore but i had a time where i did and it wasnt too hard if youre quick, i guess it could be better or worse now but its worth trying for

Past couple of Vans drops have been relatively to get. They’ll sell out obviously but if you’re right on time for the drop, then you should be able to get a pair.

Try on desktop and supreme app or browser as well for better odds.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #43676 on: November 23, 2021, 06:59:14 PM »
There’s tribal patterns on those shoes.

Am… am I the only one seeing that?

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #43677 on: November 23, 2021, 07:48:26 PM »
There’s tribal patterns on those shoes.

Am… am I the only one seeing that?

Tribal razor wire. Get with the times.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43678 on: November 23, 2021, 08:27:27 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWl0OuJs63B/?utm_medium=copy_link
They have a whole bunch of other models with the “sky” blue colorway. The best ones are the Crockett highs.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWjWacTPczK/?utm_medium=copy_link

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #43679 on: November 23, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »

These are painful to look at