Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8694023 times)

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #44070 on: January 15, 2022, 12:04:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wish they could do this for the original half-cab as well. I’d buy multiple pairs of the OG in the tan colourway.
[close]

The Half Cab '92 style is the original half cab though right? That's what they were like till about '96 or so from what I can tell from that Pillowheat Vans historian dude.
[close]

I don't...think it is... I haven't seen or skated a pair of the new '92 half cabs. But, I DID compare the descriptions for the Skate half cab and the Skate half cab '92s on the Vans site, and they seem to be the same revamped half cab model, just with a different name that's potentially based on colourways...? (EDIT - the '92 style is mainly based the stitching/toe cap design, just remembered)

I'm talking about the original half cab, like these - https://ninetimesskateshop.com/products/vans-half-cab-black?variant=31453656350774

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with all these variations. Original half cab, half cab pro, skate half cab, skate half cab '92, vault OG half cab LX...

Look at the toecap on those vintage ones from 1993-1996 though. It's a split toecap instead of the unified toecap that came in late 96 or 1997. But then from 1997 until recently that unified toecap was the only Half Cab we got, which developed over time into the Classics form (the one you just linked to) and eventually in the Half Cab pro form and other such Vault and whatnot variations (which isn't dissimilar from any other brand that has a bunch of versions of a classic shoe, like Adidas Superstars or Nike Bruins)

Anyways, with its overlay toecap, the "Skate Half Cab '92" is the most correct to what it was for the first roughly 4 years right?
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #44071 on: January 15, 2022, 07:39:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wish they could do this for the original half-cab as well. I’d buy multiple pairs of the OG in the tan colourway.
[close]

The Half Cab '92 style is the original half cab though right? That's what they were like till about '96 or so from what I can tell from that Pillowheat Vans historian dude.
[close]

I don't...think it is... I haven't seen or skated a pair of the new '92 half cabs. But, I DID compare the descriptions for the Skate half cab and the Skate half cab '92s on the Vans site, and they seem to be the same revamped half cab model, just with a different name that's potentially based on colourways...? (EDIT - the '92 style is mainly based the stitching/toe cap design, just remembered)

I'm talking about the original half cab, like these - https://ninetimesskateshop.com/products/vans-half-cab-black?variant=31453656350774

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with all these variations. Original half cab, half cab pro, skate half cab, skate half cab '92, vault OG half cab LX...
[close]

Look at the toecap on those vintage ones from 1993-1996 though. It's a split toecap instead of the unified toecap that came in late 96 or 1997. But then from 1997 until recently that unified toecap was the only Half Cab we got, which developed over time into the Classics form (the one you just linked to) and eventually in the Half Cab pro form and other such Vault and whatnot variations (which isn't dissimilar from any other brand that has a bunch of versions of a classic shoe, like Adidas Superstars or Nike Bruins)

Anyways, with its overlay toecap, the "Skate Half Cab '92" is the most correct to what it was for the first roughly 4 years right?

I'll DM you b/c this conversation might get lengthy!

newspaperparty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
« Reply #44072 on: January 15, 2022, 09:12:00 AM »
Really nice in person. Can’t wait to get a pair.

damn...i am waiting for the second my local gets these because take my money

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #44073 on: January 15, 2022, 09:20:56 AM »
Didn't like the Lynx OG Carrot shoes but these Manteca's look pretty good:

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #44074 on: January 15, 2022, 11:14:08 AM »
Didn't like the Lynx OG Carrot shoes but these Manteca's look pretty good:

Finally the true dunkalike returns! Both pairs are instant buys for me!
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #44075 on: January 15, 2022, 12:32:47 PM »
I'm not really sold on this version of the manteca. Pretty skimpy looking.. Maybe I'll come around if they do some og color blocks.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44076 on: January 15, 2022, 06:00:05 PM »
Picked up a pair tonight at Kinectic. Definitely a solid cupsole. Fully padded collar and tongue as well, the tongue has straps too. Feels like a real good dunk imatation not how the Lakai Telford feels.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 456
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44077 on: January 16, 2022, 04:48:13 PM »
Picked up a pair tonight at Kinectic. Definitely a solid cupsole. Fully padded collar and tongue as well, the tongue has straps too. Feels like a real good dunk imatation not how the Lakai Telford feels.

This is great to hear because I skated a shit load of Mantecas in the early 2000s. Especially about the tongue straps. That’s often overlooked necessity lately.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #44078 on: January 16, 2022, 06:05:55 PM »
yeah i was huge into mantecas back then, definitely my favorite shoe for a spell. not really feeling the halloween colors but i dig the black with the hint of gumsole. i’d like to try a pair again, hopefully dc brings the manteca back with regularity like they did for the lynx og (but please no more psychotic colorways like that rubbery looking orange monstrosity)

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #44079 on: January 16, 2022, 08:21:26 PM »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #44080 on: January 17, 2022, 12:19:43 AM »
I'm not really sold on this version of the manteca. Pretty skimpy looking.. Maybe I'll come around if they do some og color blocks.

How's this for skimpy

Haven't seen collar padding like that in decades

Also any euro fans might want to check the page that I sourced that photo from, price is definitely not high https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/dc-x-carrots-manteca-shoes-black-black-orange_p149518
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #44081 on: January 17, 2022, 12:34:44 AM »
Just in case any one was wondering about the Hours Is Yours brand, the whole lineup is posted on here https://en.beyondstore.fi/brand/278/hours-is-yours, I didn't see them anywhere else yet

take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #44082 on: January 17, 2022, 01:48:44 AM »
How is this the same guy that came up with all those classic Emerica models?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #44083 on: January 17, 2022, 02:33:28 AM »
i don't care about skater owned anymore if this is the kind of shit they're going to put out
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #44084 on: January 17, 2022, 03:58:16 AM »
I like the loafers, but I think they took like two years to come out since I heard about "New Herman shoe Company".

Meanwhile the other brands had enough time to make them, so I don't think that they're coming really late and there's no surprise effect, even if there was a loafers trend before.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:06:44 AM by alraunen »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #44085 on: January 17, 2022, 04:06:56 AM »
I like both the black one but anything made from animals is a no go

sans umbilical

• Rep: 24
« Reply #44086 on: January 17, 2022, 06:17:28 AM »
Here's some more Half Cab info. This burgundy shoe will be one of the two that drops on March 1st. It also looks like we're getting an Elijah Berle colorway.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 06:32:57 AM by sans umbilical »
Keep Shredding

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #44087 on: January 17, 2022, 07:40:15 AM »
Here's some more Half Cab info. This burgundy shoe will be one of the two that drops on March 1st. It also looks like we're getting an Elijah Berle colorway.

Elijah one could be interesting.   Sounds like it falls between the Reynolds colorway and the Taupe one that just released. 

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #44088 on: January 17, 2022, 08:04:24 AM »
I just hope we get some full cabs.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44089 on: January 17, 2022, 08:26:29 AM »
I just hope we get some full cabs.

It’s the 30th anniversary of the Half Cab…I wouldn’t think a full cab would feature.   That has a different anniversary

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #44090 on: January 17, 2022, 11:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Elijah one could be interesting.   Sounds like it falls between the Reynolds colorway and the Taupe one that just released.

So with the fact he is getting a colorway, I take it his second pro model is no more?

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44092 on: January 17, 2022, 12:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So with the fact he is getting a colorway, I take it his second pro model is no more?

Those big half cabs with his slim highwater dickies is gonna be a real goofy look. Maybe Berle's morphing into his next mold, ala Greco.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #44093 on: January 17, 2022, 12:12:32 PM »
those half cabs are nice, will probably get both and swap in black laces to match the tongue.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #44094 on: January 17, 2022, 02:22:08 PM »

I want every half cab

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44095 on: January 17, 2022, 02:25:15 PM »
what are the chances we'll ever get another vegan-friendly Halfcab?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #44096 on: January 17, 2022, 03:56:25 PM »
look at what Vans is flowing Ryan Lay: they do not give a single shit about vegan shoes in 2022!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:22:54 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44097 on: January 18, 2022, 05:13:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
look at what Vans is flowing Ryan Lay: they do not give a single shit about vegan shoes in 2022!

New last resort model releasing Friday is vegan if that helps

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #44098 on: January 18, 2022, 05:34:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like the Berle one will have a black sole. It's listed as 'khaki/black,' and the black with white sole is listed as 'black/white.'

I'm going to have to really carefully plan my Half Cab purchases over the next few months. I love Half Cabs, but I can't buy every good pair that comes out. I kinda want the beef/broccoli ones that are out now, but then I also see that 'chive/white' listed in that catalog image or whatever. If that ends up being more of a forest green, I'll be drooling over those too. But I also like those burgundy ones, and the navy ones. If they're doing a full year of classic/simple Half Cab colours, that's going to be a real problem for me.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #44099 on: January 18, 2022, 10:57:43 AM »
adidas Adimatic

Enjoy your life.