Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8696150 times)

Slugboi22, douchenozzle, TheAmericanAntique and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #44100 on: January 18, 2022, 11:00:49 AM »
da dun da dun da dun da dun DA DUN DA DUN DUN DUN

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #44101 on: January 18, 2022, 11:10:41 AM »
adidas Adimatic

Definitely not the adidas shoe I would have chosen to reissue but definitely interesting. Only 80 bucks so can’t complain. I just don’t see most of the adidas team wearing these.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #44102 on: January 18, 2022, 11:12:48 AM »
^Those toes remind me of Chain Chomps in Super Mario
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #44103 on: January 18, 2022, 11:29:15 AM »
adidas Adimatic

I think @Sk.A.T.A.N was involved on the project, they look amazing. Unfortunently I think they're from the originals line, any chance to see an skateboard version?

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #44104 on: January 18, 2022, 11:46:13 AM »
adidas Adimatic

Triangles on the sole look like teeth which doesn’t help these look less like toddler shoes

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #44105 on: January 18, 2022, 11:48:40 AM »
Expand Quote
adidas Adimatic

[close]

Definitely not the adidas shoe I would have chosen to reissue but definitely interesting. Only 80 bucks so can’t complain. I just don’t see most of the adidas team wearing these.

Absolutely self snitching, but fuck it. I made this re-issue. It's one of my fav obscure shoes from the Adidas huuuuuge catalogue and since I started working there that I've been obsessed with this shoe. They are super quirky and fun, a really honest and bold design that I love and respect.
It's a really sought after shoe in Japan too, those guys really love weird niche product and this one happens to be a special shoe for them (I don't really know the reason actually).
I seriously thought they would never be retro'ed, and I would keep my search for a pair that wasn't 300$ from Japan in a 4/10 condition. So when I got told they thought about bringing it back I had to take that task, I wouldn't let anyone ruin it on the probable only chance we got to nail it.
Altho it is a fairly simple shoe at first sight it was quite tricky to get it made. They did some weird shit in the 90's that we can't do now based on the company quality standards so we had to find ways around it. Also we only had a reference shoe in a small size which made it harder to get proportions right... Making retros ain't easy!  ;D
But yeah, happy with it and really excited for it to be released and skate a pair.
And yeah, like @alraunen mentioned, this release is from Adidas Originals side and not the Skateboarding range, which makes it a bit confusing, but it's how we managed to get it done. There will be a few colorways coming from skateboarding later I think (with a surprise collab too  8) ).

The release date is delayed tho, cause the factories were close due to covid... so I got told they'll only come out in a few months down the line (I don't have a date).  :'(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #44106 on: January 18, 2022, 12:35:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
adidas Adimatic

[close]

[close]

Absolutely self snitching, but fuck it. I made this re-issue. It's one of my fav obscure shoes from the Adidas huuuuuge catalogue and since I started working there that I've been obsessed with this shoe. They are super quirky and fun, a really honest and bold design that I love and respect.
It's a really sought after shoe in Japan too, those guys really love weird niche product and this one happens to be a special shoe for them (I don't really know the reason actually).
I seriously thought they would never be retro'ed, and I would keep my search for a pair that wasn't 300$ from Japan in a 4/10 condition. So when I got told they thought about bringing it back I had to take that task, I wouldn't let anyone ruin it on the probable only chance we got to nail it.
Altho it is a fairly simple shoe at first sight it was quite tricky to get it made. They did some weird shit in the 90's that we can't do now based on the company quality standards so we had to find ways around it. Also we only had a reference shoe in a small size which made it harder to get proportions right... Making retros ain't easy!  ;D
But yeah, happy with it and really excited for it to be released and skate a pair.
And yeah, like @alraunen mentioned, this release is from Adidas Originals side and not the Skateboarding range, which makes it a bit confusing, but it's how we managed to get it done. There will be a few colorways coming from skateboarding later I think (with a surprise collab too  8) ).

The release date is delayed tho, cause the factories were close due to covid... so I got told they'll only come out in a few months down the line (I don't have a date).  :'(

Not for me but that's cool. Jason David Frank is gonna be hyped. lol The green ones remind me of the green ranger.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #44107 on: January 18, 2022, 12:40:57 PM »
Very cool shit @Sk.A.T.A.N

Thanks for sharing the info. 
Enjoy your life.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44108 on: January 18, 2022, 01:23:37 PM »

Yea man cool stuff dude!

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44109 on: January 18, 2022, 01:32:14 PM »
thanks for the background SKATAN!  When they first got posted, I was going to comment "these are for sure a Japan-only reissue, right?"  ;D

Mosritemike

• Rep: 9
« Reply #44110 on: January 18, 2022, 01:54:12 PM »

Here’s the real question…we ever gonna get a double tongue shell toe reissue?

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #44111 on: January 18, 2022, 02:10:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
adidas Adimatic

[close]

[close]

This is a sick backstory thanks for the background. Makes it even cooler that a pal made it. Definitely want to see it in hand and see some get skated

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
« Reply #44112 on: January 18, 2022, 02:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
adidas Adimatic

[close]

[close]

100% getting a pair. i love all these old adidas skate shoes, i wanted the palace o'reardons but missed the chance to buy them so i can't fuck it up this time. the fact that you're the one responsible for them makes me want them even more lol
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #44113 on: January 18, 2022, 04:04:54 PM »
man those adidas look like stuffed animal shoes, but after knowing the backstory i will definitely cop a pair
@Sk.A.T.A.N i need to contact you about having adidas reissue these shoes i’ve been thinking about since elementary school, they were tan canvas with green stripes (i think) and a black sole with a notch in the middle, i spilled kool aid on them the first day and was so bummed

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44114 on: January 18, 2022, 05:02:03 PM »
@Sk.A.T.A.N. any knowledge or idea if they are gonna do some more colors of the Tyshawn Low? It's probably my favorite shoe...like if the Dunk was available and better.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #44115 on: January 18, 2022, 05:43:40 PM »

Sneeze magazine vans chukkas

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #44116 on: January 18, 2022, 06:00:57 PM »

Cue that meme of two fierce dragon heads with one goofy head

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #44117 on: January 18, 2022, 06:04:00 PM »
Haha. Spot on.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

fakie varial flip

« Reply #44118 on: January 18, 2022, 07:47:48 PM »

I hope between this and that Reynolds insta post this means they're putting them in the normal skate line. Would kill for skate chukkas in the brown/black colorway

truthislie

• Rep: 56
« Reply #44119 on: January 18, 2022, 09:21:15 PM »
Way to Go skatan, please give us some og colorways of the northon next 😉

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 10
« Reply #44120 on: January 18, 2022, 09:29:23 PM »

Those Berle half cabs looks sick.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #44121 on: January 18, 2022, 09:36:42 PM »

I saw him skating them on someone’s IG but I thought they were that white/black pair that just released.   

These aren’t for me, but that’s a relief.   I can’t have all 24 releases be must haves

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #44122 on: January 19, 2022, 03:02:22 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys! They are for sure a funky and peculiar look, kinda like a scaled up kids shoe, which I love ahah.
I got told the OG Green and the Black/white should be the first ones to drop in Late March, the rest comes out through out the year, so keep your eyes open.

@roba I have a pair of the Palace O'reardons cause they remind me so much of the Adimatic ahah... In fact they were kind of a Vulc take down of the Adimatic back in the 90's, but they just dont hit me the same way.
Anyway, should be easier for you to get your hands on these since it's a general release and not a collab.  ;)

@apport Damn, notch in the middle? I can only think of those with a "notch", the "Posi-trak":

@HugeBodBoyle pretty sure there's more coming out soon. I saw a Baby Blue one not long ago. I think covid really delayed everything lately so not sure when they drop.

*found it:

@truthislie I wish! That's another banger that needs to return. It was quite popular too...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #44123 on: January 19, 2022, 03:14:34 AM »
Anything baby blue/UNC/university blue in a shoe is a must cop.

Those Tyshawn’s are no exception.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #44124 on: January 19, 2022, 03:35:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I saw him skating them on someone’s IG but I thought they were that white/black pair that just released.   

These aren’t for me, but that’s a relief.   I can’t have all 24 releases be must haves

Berle probably glad he back on Vulcs, his pro model was weird decision.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #44125 on: January 19, 2022, 05:12:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Elijah was skating some on his story but they almost looked like the same yellow as those weird Chukkas above lol

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 458
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44126 on: January 19, 2022, 05:39:54 AM »
Another “brilliant “ idea from Cariuma

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #44127 on: January 19, 2022, 05:42:40 AM »
duct tape lol. anyways one pro is the removal of the logo

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal