Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8686103 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45240 on: May 07, 2022, 08:18:27 PM »
Expand Quote
I guess they listened to you guys because it looks like all of the Telford lows going forward have the Atlantic sole.

https://oscdist.com/catalog/LAKAI-Q4-2022.pdf

[close]

Im so getting that Telford hi with the Atlantic sole

I would love a fastbreak in that grey blue colorway

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #45241 on: May 07, 2022, 09:42:03 PM »
For me the biggest reveal on this page is that there is still a physical CCS catalog.

Gotta get to circling so my family knows what to get me for Christmas lol
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45242 on: May 07, 2022, 11:27:05 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45243 on: May 08, 2022, 12:40:16 AM »
Someone on here was excited about these and I wanted to make sure they saw this

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #45244 on: May 08, 2022, 09:36:51 AM »
Expand Quote
DC seems to be regressing from where they were a few years ago with the legacy 98 and OG lynx heat. Would definitely cop some of those lakais. Cambridge mid looks nice.
[close]

DC pumps out a lot of their "6.0" line. They still do reissues like the ones you mentioned, but they're limited. Always been that way. Not sure if the 98s are making a comeback, but there are other OG models in the works, and new lynx OGs have been dropping pretty regularly, including two very handsome colorways up next.

Regarding DC 6.0, has anyone messed with the Lynx Zero or the new Manteca?

I’m tempted but honestly a little hesitant because of how inexpensive they are.

I’m well aware this is kind of a fucked up way to be thinking about things, but a Manteca that’s cheaper than it was 20 years ago BEFORE accounting for inflation does make me wonder if it’s a complete piece of shit.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 05:01:01 PM by Hypnotoad »

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #45245 on: May 08, 2022, 07:26:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
DC seems to be regressing from where they were a few years ago with the legacy 98 and OG lynx heat. Would definitely cop some of those lakais. Cambridge mid looks nice.
[close]

DC pumps out a lot of their "6.0" line. They still do reissues like the ones you mentioned, but they're limited. Always been that way. Not sure if the 98s are making a comeback, but there are other OG models in the works, and new lynx OGs have been dropping pretty regularly, including two very handsome colorways up next.
[close]

I’m well aware this is kind of a fucked up way to be thinking about things, but a Manteca that’s cheaper than it was 20 years ago BEFORE accounting for inflation does make me wonder if it’s a complete piece of shit.
I haven’t had a pair, but I’ve liked other dc cupsoles. They do have some very reasonable prices on some of their shoes. Maybe check them out in person to see if the toe will work with your flick and judge on that

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #45247 on: May 08, 2022, 08:23:57 PM »
I guess they listened to you guys because it looks like all of the Telford lows going forward have the Atlantic sole.

https://oscdist.com/catalog/LAKAI-Q4-2022.pdf

Damn! If only they would have went ahead and done this on the Welsh ones. The sole is wack!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #45248 on: May 09, 2022, 07:10:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I haven’t had a pair, but I’ve liked other dc cupsoles. They do have some very reasonable prices on some of their shoes. Maybe check them out in person to see if the toe will work with your flick and judge on that
The lynx zeros skate well if you're into a cupsole with moderate puff and good board feel. Almost no break-in period... Almost no durability.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #45249 on: May 09, 2022, 11:38:23 AM »

sus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45250 on: May 09, 2022, 12:14:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I skated a pair of manteca's and they felt really good honestly. The fit is really nice on those. the outsole feels kinda reminiscent of the outsole on the Reynolds G6/Spanky G6 imo. It takes a little breaking in but after that, it feels solid.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #45251 on: May 09, 2022, 02:42:53 PM »

It hurts my soul that we get more Jamal Smith clothing items than footage these days. I could just watch him do bigspins for 2 minutes straight and be happy.

Awesome that he got a shoe though! He deserves it.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #45252 on: May 09, 2022, 04:15:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It hurts my soul that we get more Jamal Smith clothing items than footage these days. I could just watch him do bigspins for 2 minutes straight and be happy.

Awesome that he got a shoe though! He deserves it.

Didn’t he have a video reviewing like 90s adidas a few years back? I think knowing he actually fucks with the history and stuff of makes him getting a colorway even better . I might have to send my grandma into home grown to cop a pair for me.

I used to spend summers up in Ithaca and watching him shred that park in person before he came up on YouTube was such a treat. One time he just called out like “I’m gonna manny the entire park as slow as possible” and did it and it was fucking hilarious. He had that tornado spin on the corner quarter pipe down to a science.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #45253 on: May 09, 2022, 04:55:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
The lynx zeros skate well if you're into a cupsole with moderate puff and good board feel. Almost no break-in period... Almost no durability.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I skated a pair of manteca's and they felt really good honestly. The fit is really nice on those. the outsole feels kinda reminiscent of the outsole on the Reynolds G6/Spanky G6 imo. It takes a little breaking in but after that, it feels solid.

Thanks doods.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45254 on: May 09, 2022, 06:35:41 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #45255 on: May 10, 2022, 12:09:27 AM »

I can get down with these, that said , isn’t a campus without stripes in white just a stan smith? Side note been skating a pair of regular campuses a friend gave me and they’re sick but does anyone got a rec on finding more for cheap. It’s wild they want $80 for non skate ones now.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #45257 on: May 10, 2022, 04:49:08 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdW46MuAnzM/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

More Crocketts🙌
He also reposted an all-black colorway on his story that I've never seen before. It didn't have the white contrast stitching that the first black colorway had.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #45258 on: May 10, 2022, 08:16:09 PM »
He also reposted an all-black colorway on his story that I've never seen before. It didn't have the white contrast stitching that the first black colorway had.

Anyone else with larger feet feel like the Crockett highs are just really huge on foot? I want to like them but they are just too massive for me at size 12

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #45259 on: May 10, 2022, 10:38:32 PM »
I dont have a massive foot, but they feel rather tall in their height in the toebox... Too bad, bcuz they look sick, and do kinda skate well

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #45260 on: May 11, 2022, 03:47:43 AM »
I'm only a UK8 (US9) and the crocketts felt like a boot to me. Couldn't get on with them unfortunately. Loved the lows when I had some though

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #45261 on: May 11, 2022, 05:20:29 AM »

boys of summer carrolls, they botched the hell out of these things. the boys of summer text on the sole can be scraped off but atiba & ako signature on the tongue is too much, couldn’t do it

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45262 on: May 11, 2022, 05:22:56 AM »
Way to ruin a fucking legendary model…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #45263 on: May 11, 2022, 05:41:44 AM »
would have been sick to put a pic of him and Kobe on the tongue

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45264 on: May 11, 2022, 06:40:38 AM »

boys of summer carrolls, they botched the hell out of these things. the boys of summer text on the sole can be scraped off but atiba & ako signature on the tongue is too much, couldn’t do it

Clear sole is a weird choice

Why does vans think people want text on their soles?   Is it just because they can?

Just give us one normal non collab model of this damn shoe

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #45265 on: May 11, 2022, 07:18:00 AM »
i'm starting to think vans requires them to fuck up the shoes when they do reissues. i remember the supreme carrolls looked good but then they had that 3m reflective tongue for some reason. the boys of summer ones are just unsalvageable though.

it's possible we'll see normal non-collab carroll in the future, seems like a lot of work to go through redoing that shoe for the skate line just for one collab reissue.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45266 on: May 11, 2022, 07:56:01 AM »
I think the demographic that likes "boys of summer" doesn't want anything to do with a shoe with "boys of summer" written all over it.

Same can probably be said about the demographic that recognizes what shoe this is.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #45267 on: May 11, 2022, 08:04:10 AM »
Cons CTAS mids

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45268 on: May 11, 2022, 08:38:34 AM »
i'm starting to think vans requires them to fuck up the shoes when they do reissues. i remember the supreme carrolls looked good but then they had that 3m reflective tongue for some reason. the boys of summer ones are just unsalvageable though.

it's possible we'll see normal non-collab carroll in the future, seems like a lot of work to go through redoing that shoe for the skate line just for one collab reissue.

The supreme one (especially the wheat) looks A LOT better than I remember.   Almost exactly what I’d want, but Vans doesn’t seem to love to do Wheat colorways as much as I like to buy them

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #45269 on: May 11, 2022, 09:55:38 AM »
I think the demographic that likes "boys of summer" doesn't want anything to do with a shoe with "boys of summer" written all over it.

Same can probably be said about the demographic that recognizes what shoe this is.

I think the exact opposite. I get the vibe that a lot of those people will elan into how ugly and stupid it looks as a "bit."