Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664788 times)

douchenozzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45330 on: May 18, 2022, 06:12:31 AM »
Does anybody know the difference between the latest Samba ADV and the last version? Tempted by them but I skated a pair of the previous style and it was a fucking abomination to skate in.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #45331 on: May 18, 2022, 06:29:17 AM »
Does anybody know the difference between the latest Samba ADV and the last version? Tempted by them but I skated a pair of the previous style and it was a fucking abomination to skate in.

The previous version was fully reworked from the ground up. I also wasnt a big fan of how it felt, bagged out so quick.
The new ADV version is pretty much the OG samba just with better materials and a better insole, kinda like how the current Superstar ADV is.

Actually the new approach to the ADV's is keeping it as close to the original as possible just better made for skateboarding, (materials, insole, etc) while in the past ADV maybe had a bit too much overthinking.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 302
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #45332 on: May 18, 2022, 07:36:41 AM »
The previous version was fully reworked from the ground up. I also wasnt a big fan of how it felt, bagged out so quick.
The new ADV version is pretty much the OG samba just with better materials and a better insole, kinda like how the current Superstar ADV is.

Actually the new approach to the ADV's is keeping it as close to the original as possible just better made for skateboarding, (materials, insole, etc) while in the past ADV maybe had a bit too much overthinking.
That's good to hear bc whenever I tried those green/black MJ campus ADVs, they did not feel that great for skating. I felt super prone to ankle rolling in them which did happen.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #45333 on: May 18, 2022, 04:41:31 PM »
anyone know when we're gonna get new colorways of the tyshawn low?

@Sk.A.T.A.N this and new Puig colorways! I saw Lucas repost some stories from a couple shops in Europe that got a black and white Puig colorway, and an all black LEATHER one. Any idea?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #45334 on: May 18, 2022, 09:01:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just skated those new blk/gum samba advs and the materials were so good, especially the leather. Highly recommend

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #45335 on: May 19, 2022, 10:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
For everyone looking for a Skate Chukka, these just came out via the Vans surf line.  Doesn't have DuraCap or some of the other skate-specific features, but the DX surf line models do have the thick removable insole similar to PopCush and overall very similar build to the skate line rather than the Classics builds
https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/vans-x-mollusk-chukka-dx-sf-pvn0a3tk82ql

[close]
Oh shit, good looks. Nice insole and a good color way? I’m gonna buy at least two maybe three pairs.

By the way I’ve looked around for a minute and if anybody wants to buy these buy them from askate shop instead of from vans directly. They’re 10 bucks cheaper and you get to support a shop.
[close]

Wasn’t there a cork topped insole in these?

it's just an Ultra Cush insole with a cork texture on the top, like you could probably peel the "cork" off the ultra cush

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #45336 on: May 20, 2022, 08:12:26 PM »

Sorry, is the pic too small?   :P
Enjoy your life.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #45337 on: May 21, 2022, 05:48:11 AM »

Sorry, is the pic too small?   :P

Damn never thought I'd see the mall kiosk slippers version of a skate shoe. I've only ever seen fake Jordan and dunk colorways of these types of slippers. This is really funny eS actually made these before some cheap knockoff brand did it.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #45338 on: May 21, 2022, 06:19:25 AM »
That’s what the OG felt like when o tried one on 20 years later

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #45339 on: May 22, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »
That’s what the OG felt like when o tried one on 20 years later

Hahah fr

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #45340 on: May 22, 2022, 03:03:35 PM »
have some handmedown ogs that are even half a size too big. they still fit without me tying them cause they are so puffy.

i like to wear em to hit the grocery store across the street. they are heavy as fuck. i'd try to skate them if i wouldn't have so much room in the front for my toes that it straight up weirds me out.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #45341 on: May 22, 2022, 04:57:12 PM »
Any new catalogs out? Anything new from lakai or Emerica? Hoping to get stoked on some new models

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45342 on: May 22, 2022, 06:08:32 PM »
If you're hoping to get stoked on new models it won't be from the 2 companies that have been making variants of the same handful of shoes for the last decade.

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #45343 on: May 22, 2022, 08:38:59 PM »
If you're hoping to get stoked on new models it won't be from the 2 companies that have been making variants of the same handful of shoes for the last decade.
Figgy G6 is coming back on the same G6 cupsole as every other G6 cupsole in the lineup so you’re not wrong…

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #45344 on: May 23, 2022, 07:09:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Figgy G6 is coming back on the same G6 cupsole as every other G6 cupsole in the lineup so you’re not wrong…
I do love the figgys, but yeah I’m hoping that there would be something that catches my eye, maybe some normal colorways I can get behind

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #45346 on: May 25, 2022, 05:47:47 AM »

This comment is even funnier now that some posted that new Busenitz color (I think those originally came out in 2010?). Is there any shoe company not coasting in variations of old models? Seems weird to think Lakai and soletech are the only offenders.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #45347 on: May 25, 2022, 06:06:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This comment is even funnier now that some posted that new Busenitz color (I think those originally came out in 2010?). Is there any shoe company not coasting in variations of old models? Seems weird to think Lakai and soletech are the only offenders.
What can ya do? The skateshoe was basically perfected by 1980. Every few years they pretend some type of foam means something or put some panels on the sides but it's pretty much always going to go back to something somewhere between an authentic and a dunk. Unfortunately unlike soccer Boots or basketball shoes skating needs the shoe upper to be a certain way so I doubt we'll get some huge change like those sports got.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #45348 on: May 25, 2022, 07:30:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean there's only so much you can do to skate shoes while still having them function and look halfway decent. Never understood this argument.

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #45349 on: May 25, 2022, 07:58:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the SF vans are super comfy and usually have ultracush insoles. not sure how well they skate or if they fuck with the rubber compound like they did with the bmx line
[close]

recently got myself some bmx slip ons mainly because of the wafflecup sole. As i was planning to skate them sometime soon, should I be worried about the rubber around the flicking area not being the same quality as the skate ones? (perfect chillers anyway for old feet :-)
[close]

I’ve skating some bmx waffle cup skate hi’s for 2 weeks and they do feel a little softer but otherwise great. I haven’t noticed them wearing down any differently (yet).

I've been skating only the BMX slip-ons since last summer and it's my favourite shoe in a long long time.

I pretty much only do flatground flip tricks and film, so I'd usually go through a pair of skate slip-ons in a few sessions (the sole from pushing/stopping usually being the first to go). The first pair of BMX slip-ons lasted around 3 months of pretty regular skating for me.

Ended up buying a pair in every colourway (and continuing to buy more when I see them pop up) just to get my hands on as many as I can.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #45350 on: May 25, 2022, 11:44:19 AM »
Sailormoon x Vans

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #45351 on: May 25, 2022, 11:56:03 AM »
Sailormoon x Vans

are those the lizzies? they kinda hard

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #45352 on: May 25, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »
These recent Vans shoe colorways besides that navy/gum Rowans have been total shit

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
Enjoy your life.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #45354 on: May 25, 2022, 02:40:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Sailormoon x Vans

[close]

When do these drop. I want to get some for my fiance.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45355 on: May 25, 2022, 02:53:37 PM »
Sailormoon x Vans

Jeremy Klein is already half mast over these

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45356 on: May 25, 2022, 03:11:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Sailormoon x Vans

[close]

I dig the Lizzies so much especially since they're one of my favorite shoe models. I assume it'd be easy to color in the panels since that section is canvas.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #45357 on: May 25, 2022, 08:02:50 PM »
tbh i’d probably rock the star print old skools

IpathCats

« Reply #45358 on: May 26, 2022, 09:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sailormoon x Vans

[close]

[close]
When do these drop. I want to get some for my fiance.

Same, haha i just went in her closet to see what size she was so i could order them without her knowing.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #45359 on: May 26, 2022, 12:30:05 PM »
I saw these on Reddit, one of the boxes had a red sticker that said June third.