Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663640 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45900 on: July 25, 2022, 12:12:39 PM »
Maybe better for the controversial opinion thread but of all the big brands to come into skating Cons has done the absolute least they can do to stay afloat. They don't really release any useful tech updates to their shoes or much that is relevant for skating. There is no reason they couldn't build upon Lunarlon or do what NB is doing with the internal structure of their thinner vulcs. They have the money, but would rather churn out the same old shit to use the image to boost the appeal of their staples.

You don’t remember when they added HELIUM to their shoes in the early 00s

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #45901 on: July 25, 2022, 02:30:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Even the boat shoe looked sick. Raymond Molinar made that shoe look so good.

Crazy the only dude still on CONS in that squad is Baca. Everyone else ate their own balls or poop or whatever.
[close]

KA too, i think? Hasnt he been on sporadically for like 20 years
[close]

Kenny is off Converse. Soon to be announced on Clearweather.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgcnDW7vbkq/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Dopethrone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #45902 on: July 25, 2022, 02:33:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Even the boat shoe looked sick. Raymond Molinar made that shoe look so good.

Crazy the only dude still on CONS in that squad is Baca. Everyone else ate their own balls or poop or whatever.
[close]

KA too, i think? Hasnt he been on sporadically for like 20 years
[close]

Kenny is off Converse. Soon to be announced on Clearweather.
[close]

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgcnDW7vbkq/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Vomit

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #45903 on: July 25, 2022, 02:35:29 PM »

Servold skating some very Dylan looking Emericas… I’m 99% sure they aren’t the Wino Slips.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #45904 on: July 25, 2022, 04:43:23 PM »
Maybe better for the controversial opinion thread but of all the big brands to come into skating Cons has done the absolute least they can do to stay afloat. They don't really release any useful tech updates to their shoes or much that is relevant for skating. There is no reason they couldn't build upon Lunarlon or do what NB is doing with the internal structure of their thinner vulcs. They have the money, but would rather churn out the same old shit to use the image to boost the appeal of their staples.
I feel like they were definitely coasting on their post-cherry popularity for years. The Chuck Taylor/CTAS was so big for a long time that they didn't really need to do a whole lot. Of course, there's other factors that made them popular enough to not put in a lot of effort into their shoes, like their A-list team or Purple coming out, but the Chuck Taylor/CTAS isn't the same hot commodity that it used to be. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45905 on: July 25, 2022, 04:55:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I feel like they were definitely coasting on their post-cherry popularity for years. The Chuck Taylor/CTAS was so big for a long time that they didn't really need to do a whole lot. Of course, there's other factors that made them popular enough to not put in a lot of effort into their shoes, like their A-list team or Purple coming out, but the Chuck Taylor/CTAS isn't the same hot commodity that it used to be.

If it were a small brand, I think they’d be doing things right in terms of 4-5 anchor shoes that you can evolve into mids/etc and basically stay out of the new colorways every month model.   

Cons has its people and those who love their staples like the CTAS are going to kee buying those regardless

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #45906 on: July 25, 2022, 07:23:01 PM »

Servold skating some very Dylan looking Emericas… I’m 99% sure they aren’t the Wino Slips.

let the dakota pro model speculation begin.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45907 on: July 25, 2022, 08:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Does he deserve one?   Sure.   
Are customers clamoring for one?   Unsure. 

They should strike while the irons hot and treat Hoban like the new Foy and give him a shoe

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #45908 on: July 25, 2022, 10:58:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think everything Converse is doing ist just marketing to sell more Chuck Taylor, also Nike only bought in - to have that best selling / cheapest in production sneaker in the porfolio. They dont care about the rest.
I woud like to see some Fastbreak Pro Mid in a simple all black /white, full suede color way in my skateshop.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #45909 on: July 25, 2022, 11:15:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If Emerica drops a boat shoe before Converse and the Star Player. I’m going to be confused.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45910 on: July 26, 2022, 07:19:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I think everything Converse is doing ist just marketing to sell more Chuck Taylor, also Nike only bought in - to have that best selling / cheapest in production sneaker in the porfolio. They dont care about the rest.
I woud like to see some Fastbreak Pro Mid in a simple all black /white, full suede color way in my skateshop.

That's what I'm saying tho- if they actually gave a shit they'd keep a more durable cup in their lineup and maybe have another shoe like a Louie which has a pretty classic design but provides a bit more than a paper thin shoe designed when segregation was still a thing. They definitely have the capacity to do so. Huf was basically what Cons could be.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45911 on: July 26, 2022, 08:34:16 AM »
CONS was on point when they were using Lunarlon, then it all went to shit after they switched to Zoom Air. Went from a ton of models to barely any and performance got way worse.

pops

• Rep: 218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45912 on: July 26, 2022, 11:05:31 AM »
CONS was on point when they were using Lunarlon, then it all went to shit after they switched to Zoom Air. Went from a ton of models to barely any and performance got way worse.

Loved my Lunarlon One Star Pros, skated pretty much only both the low and mid when those were available.

Favorite colorway.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/ed/94/48ed941628c15f28e959215187d084b9.jpg

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #45913 on: July 26, 2022, 05:41:26 PM »
The other thing about cons that sucks is it’s so hard to find some of the better shoes, I can never find a pair of fast breaks, they look so good but whenever I see them they are sold out, and they released a delatorre colorway for the ctas mid, but I haven’t seen anyone selling them, like what’s good?

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #45914 on: July 26, 2022, 06:30:18 PM »
I vaguely remember one of yall saying they were winding down their skate program, was that speculation based on nike acquisition?
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #45915 on: July 26, 2022, 07:13:03 PM »
I vaguely remember one of yall saying they were winding down their skate program, was that speculation based on nike acquisition?
i mean nike's owned converse since 2003 so i feel like if they were gonna ramp down programs it would've been a while ago
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #45916 on: July 27, 2022, 12:57:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Lakai Q1 2023

[close]

These look like 4ce shoes. That said, I don't hate them.

If they didn't have the weird toe with the panels splitting in the middle I'd be down. I feel like the look down factor will be ass, but I appreciate the hidden laces and the sole

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #45918 on: July 27, 2022, 03:08:32 AM »
^

damn, those are pretty sick actually. maybe not those colorways, but the shoe looks dope.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #45919 on: July 27, 2022, 01:01:55 PM »

Nike acquired Converse 20 years ago after Converse had already been out of business for a few years. Neither brand had anything to do with skateboarding at that time.
How much for an order of ribs?

jakedilla

• Rep: 12
« Reply #45920 on: July 27, 2022, 01:25:35 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgfItEZOvmD/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Shoe looks pretty dope but I can’t see myself ever pulling off clear soles.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45921 on: July 27, 2022, 03:10:19 PM »
Would be interesting to see the reaction if lakai released those and DC released the mod cup…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #45922 on: July 27, 2022, 03:27:56 PM »
Those new DCs are fire you could def build some dope sandcastles in them.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45923 on: July 27, 2022, 07:13:03 PM »
Campus ADV x Shin Sanbongi

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #45924 on: July 27, 2022, 11:45:29 PM »
While adidas over the last 5 or so years does nothing for me personally, I love that they love Shin!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #45925 on: July 28, 2022, 03:45:11 AM »
Campus ADV x Shin Sanbongi

this color changing leather looks cool but doesn’t last for shit in my experience
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #45926 on: July 28, 2022, 04:34:41 AM »
You could rub a Carolina reaper pepper on this shoe, and it will still be bland as fuck

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #45927 on: July 28, 2022, 05:50:24 AM »

Shoe looks pretty dope but I can’t see myself ever pulling off clear soles.

I really like those soles. Not so much the colorways. They kinda of give off childrens toy vibes. Also wish they were a true lace up. I love weird techy shit though. Those soles on even an Manteca upper would be so sick

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #45929 on: July 29, 2022, 03:25:36 AM »