Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664053 times)

Gunot (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

nevrwasben

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46051 on: August 12, 2022, 06:17:19 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChLGzttPtVE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I bought the other color way of this shoe (all white with blue lightning bolts) for my much older girlfriend who has varicose veins. She loves them, but wishes they were a waffle cup sole.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Royce Lopez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46052 on: August 13, 2022, 03:48:00 AM »
Im patiently waiting for the half cab sci-fi fantasy collab

pro club blanks

« Reply #46053 on: August 13, 2022, 12:41:16 PM »

These are out on premier, pretty sick
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 01:12:51 PM by pro club blanks »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #46054 on: August 14, 2022, 01:42:17 AM »
Dam really like those Salman's but had too many bad experiences (altho mostly on halfcabs) with the soles like that.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #46055 on: August 14, 2022, 03:19:16 AM »
Dam really like those Salman's but had too many bad experiences (altho mostly on halfcabs) with the soles like that.

i had the salman reissues and they were comfy and looked weirdly good on feet, but they were absolutely disgusting from being little ovens and along with some rowley reissues were the only shoes i had to throw away after like two weeks mainly because they would stink horribly. i don't know if there was a chemical issue with them, but they would turn sweat and turn it into something more nasty within seconds.

i don't know if those had the same weird tapering sole, but i think so. they were pros/had the pro insoles.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #46056 on: August 14, 2022, 03:20:32 AM »
Kinda weird for them to just come out with a new colorway out of the blue.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #46057 on: August 14, 2022, 03:29:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i had the salman reissues and they were comfy and looked weirdly good on feet, but they were absolutely disgusting from being little ovens and along with some rowley reissues were the only shoes i had to throw away after like two weeks mainly because they would stink horribly. i don't know if there was a chemical issue with them, but they would turn sweat and turn it into something more nasty within seconds.

i don't know if those had the same weird tapering sole, but i think so. they were pros/had the pro insoles.
Dam. Imagine how putrid Salman's must of been back in the day with no socks. that plus cast so probably not showering that well either.
I wear 13s and I've had pairs with the tapered sole (or pairs with tapered soles that weren't even meant to) where I could compare to my friends size 10.5s and the gum waffle is the same size. After about a week they look like Dylan's where the soles only a couple mm thick and you're actually walking on-top of the foxing tape. I just don't trust any tapered sole I don't inspect in person first now.

nevrwasben

« Reply #46058 on: August 14, 2022, 10:10:41 AM »

For those feeling hesh

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #46059 on: August 14, 2022, 11:55:29 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChLGzttPtVE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yes, when I think of primitive I think of thunder and slip ons. Definitely something p rod, wade or Tiago would be wearing

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #46060 on: August 14, 2022, 01:38:32 PM »

Yes, when I think of primitive I think of thunder and slip ons. Definitely something p rod, wade or Tiago would be wearing
Thunder is a sound.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46061 on: August 14, 2022, 06:29:02 PM »

Giovanni Vianni is the only one I can think of on both

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #46062 on: August 14, 2022, 08:43:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Giovanni Vianni is the only one I can think of on both

It’s primitive apparel not primitive skate. Pretty sure apparel is like an extension of what the shop was to primitive early on, they do they’re own collabs that might have nothing to do with boards. Like their recent zildijan collab.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #46063 on: August 15, 2022, 05:11:43 AM »
"chive" skate halfcab 92's and a whole slew of new vans colorways live on the vans site. does that mean the dick rizzo video comes out soon

https://www.vans.com/en-us/mens/shoes/skateboarding-c1103?icn=subnav
good come sausage

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #46064 on: August 15, 2022, 08:34:47 AM »

crockett low in green

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #46065 on: August 15, 2022, 02:33:52 PM »

crockett low in green
I need to check this thread more. I thought Vans had stopped making the Crockett lows completely. I love this colorway, but it'd look better with a black outsole, imo.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #46066 on: August 15, 2022, 06:01:16 PM »
friendship ended with blind fisherman
good come sausage

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46067 on: August 15, 2022, 06:21:59 PM »
heard about a Gino Samba colorway coming out in 2ish months

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #46068 on: August 15, 2022, 06:35:39 PM »
heard about a Gino Samba colorway coming out in 2ish months

Big if true. I feel like a superstar colorway would be sicker for Gino though. I just want the old skate superstars to come back

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46069 on: August 15, 2022, 07:26:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I skated a pair of the Agahs and did not have the same problem as you odor wise. I skated them for a really long time and they weren't any stinkier than any other shoe. Not saying you have nasty ass stank ass feet or anything, but I didn't have that problem. I still have a couple lightly worn pairs because I hoarded them when they came out because I liked them so much.

They did slop out after awhile though like the old Pros used to. I really like those brown ones and will probably get them. Hoping since the change to the Skate line they won't bag out as much. Although that toe on the sole does look crazy fucked up.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #46070 on: August 15, 2022, 08:28:32 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChTOWGpJEi4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

New balance has the best ads and it’s all because of jake. So a signature white/reflective 440 is well deserved. Even has his name on it.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #46071 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:40 PM »
So these suddenly popped up on a few places, and I've never seen this before. Seems that this has hit Europe and should be hitting the US pretty soon. Honestly might be my absolute favorite half cab color of this year.

Athletic blue and yellow. Serious UCLA or U of M vibes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 09:08:00 PM by thehogsniper »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #46072 on: August 15, 2022, 09:09:41 PM »
So these suddenly popped up on a few places, and I've never seen this before. Seems that this has hit Europe and should be hitting the US pretty soon. Honestly might be my absolute favorite half cab color of this year.

Athletic blue and yellow. Serious UCLA or U of M vibes.
That exposed foam is growing on me
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #46073 on: August 15, 2022, 10:21:25 PM »
Or for Ukraine?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #46074 on: August 15, 2022, 10:58:46 PM »
I asked Cab earlier on Instagram (like a man) about an BMX line half cab. He didn’t say anything but tagged vans bmx. Waffle cup half cab could be huge

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46075 on: August 16, 2022, 12:15:47 AM »
Does Labor have a half cab coming out in the 18th?   They’re having some event and there’s a green half cab in the background thst doesn’t seem to be the sci fi one…which means three green half cabs in pretty quick succession.    Think they would space this out or get more variations going.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #46076 on: August 16, 2022, 05:28:04 AM »

These are out on premier, pretty sick

i'm blind because I coudn't find them at all. Would love to snag some agahs.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #46077 on: August 16, 2022, 06:29:06 AM »
Does Labor have a half cab coming out in the 18th?   They’re having some event and there’s a green half cab in the background thst doesn’t seem to be the sci fi one…which means three green half cabs in pretty quick succession.    Think they would space this out or get more variations going.
That's not to mention the all white Pop Trading For half cab that's coming out very soon

doublesteveburger

« Reply #46078 on: August 16, 2022, 08:13:40 AM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #46079 on: August 16, 2022, 08:33:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I skated a pair of the Agahs and did not have the same problem as you odor wise. I skated them for a really long time and they weren't any stinkier than any other shoe. Not saying you have nasty ass stank ass feet or anything, but I didn't have that problem. I still have a couple lightly worn pairs because I hoarded them when they came out because I liked them so much.

They did slop out after awhile though like the old Pros used to. I really like those brown ones and will probably get them. Hoping since the change to the Skate line they won't bag out as much. Although that toe on the sole does look crazy fucked up.

i only had this problem with those two vans shoes so far, and the odor was very chemical. not like foot cheese or something. it actually smelled like they had water repellent spray put on them or something, mixed with the typical stink of black dye. and both shoes flopped out hard during the time span where i felt cheated. maybe it was just bad luck and i ended up buying somewhat defected models, i dunno.