Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664217 times)

collie, Filip and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46470 on: September 27, 2022, 10:48:30 AM »
everyone i know that had these got them for free and they told me that they are bad skate shoes

Pretty much same. that Shaun hover dude skated the homies local and would just give ‘em cariumas. I actually lost a game of skate and was supposed to have wear a pair for a month but I lucked out and they only a bigger size
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #46471 on: September 27, 2022, 10:50:49 AM »
@EmericaTM can we get a pic of the white Julian gammas he was talking about. Glad that versions sticking around. Can y’all just make em all G6?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #46472 on: September 27, 2022, 11:10:26 AM »
Open up that new catalog @EmericaTM

Also really enjoying my second Pair of wino cups. I usually destroy the sole fast and they are holding  it down and comfortable enough I wear them even when I’m not skating as chillers.

IpathCats

« Reply #46473 on: September 27, 2022, 12:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote

at least we can all agree on things like this being horrible.
[close]

Is Cariuma actually selling decent quantities of skate shoes at this point? Where in the country/world are people purchasing them at?

I still have only seen them twice in the wild since they launched the skate program and I’ve seen non-skate Cariumas 3 times ever.  The disconnect between the constant advertising and sponsorships and the on-the-streets sales results is completely wild.  Unless Philly is the only place that people aren’t buying these…

There are probably loads of people wearing them, but you just dont hang out around people that would wear cariumas. this is a good thing.

But think about their marketing and who is seeing it. I'm sure loads of kooks, kids, and casual skateboarders have bought these. They're not hip enough to know they look like shit "looks just like vans!", they dont care about skater owned, and that eco-marketing probably helped out too. Making stupid people feel important by acting like their purchase makes the world a better place goes a long way. Ego is a powerful thing, and the dumber you are, the stronger it is.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #46474 on: September 27, 2022, 12:10:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Is Cariuma actually selling decent quantities of skate shoes at this point? Where in the country/world are people purchasing them at?

I still have only seen them twice in the wild since they launched the skate program and I’ve seen non-skate Cariumas 3 times ever.  The disconnect between the constant advertising and sponsorships and the on-the-streets sales results is completely wild.  Unless Philly is the only place that people aren’t buying these…
[close]

There are probably loads of people wearing them, but you just dont hang out around people that would wear cariumas. this is a good thing.

But think about their marketing and who is seeing it. I'm sure loads of kooks, kids, and casual skateboarders have bought these. They're not hip enough to know they look like shit "looks just like vans!", they dont care about skater owned, and that eco-marketing probably helped out too. Making stupid people feel important by acting like their purchase makes the world a better place goes a long way. Ego is a powerful thing, and the dumber you are, the stronger it is.

That last two sentences are the realest shit I read on here in a while. Shoutout to my man @IpathCats
IG: @flowterspace

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 100
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46475 on: September 27, 2022, 12:15:27 PM »

Making stupid people feel important by acting like their purchase makes the world a better place goes a long way. Ego is a powerful thing, and the dumber you are, the stronger it is.

That last two sentences are the realest shit I read on here in a while. Shoutout to my man @IpathCats
[/quote]

IpathCats

« Reply #46476 on: September 27, 2022, 12:26:41 PM »

Thanks dog <3

LebowskisRug

« Reply #46477 on: September 27, 2022, 12:50:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have seen many pairs in San Diego, CA. I don't want to sound like a dick, but they were on people you'd expect to wear Cariuma- newer skaters that likely picked up the activity during COVID. I've seen 2 women that are very, very new to skating wearing them as well. One came to the park in ultra tight lycra and looked like she was supposed to go to a CrossFit class instead.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #46478 on: September 27, 2022, 01:10:10 PM »
Cariuma is going after new skaters and people who want to look like skaters. If you google "skate shoes", they have an ad for their website and an ad for the Catiba shoes. The only people who google that are people unfamiliar with skateboarding.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #46479 on: September 27, 2022, 09:48:40 PM »
Cariuma is going after new skaters and people who want to look like skaters. If you google "skate shoes", they have an ad for their website and an ad for the Catiba shoes. The only people who google that are people unfamiliar with skateboarding.

Maybe but I’ve seen the regular, casual shoes around in LA.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

eSK3

« Reply #46480 on: September 28, 2022, 03:13:01 AM »
Only ever seen one pair irl. Summer 21 some “kid” was skating them at the DIY spot. He was also wearing Adidas pants with them. Ignorance is bliss 🤣

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #46481 on: September 28, 2022, 04:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe but I’ve seen the regular, casual shoes around in LA.

That makes sense. My guess is that they advertise under terms like sustainable, green, eco, etc. so people who want something "green" find them first as well.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #46482 on: September 28, 2022, 05:32:28 AM »
I've seen a decent handful of Cariumas in the wild. It might be a Midwest thing but I feel like there's an entire demographic of skaters not really part of any particular scene who really resonate with the stuff they see on YouTube.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #46483 on: September 28, 2022, 06:53:51 AM »
For all I know they are killing it in Brazil or the rest of the world….their business model in North America is a lot different than other brands so who knows if they are doing well…..all I know is that I don’t like them so I’ll use any narrative to backfill that emotion…..

But yah, I see no one wearing them….good.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
good come sausage

IpathCats

« Reply #46485 on: September 28, 2022, 09:58:36 AM »
ALERT ALERT new white outsoled crockett high colorway spotted

https://www.sunrisesurfshop.com/products/vans-crockett-high-shoes-twill-grape-leaf?variant=43237970280706&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic

Now this is a great colorway. Too bad i cant stand this shoe. The pair i bought was skated in twice and retired to be my mountain bike shoes. Love them for that, hated skating in them.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #46486 on: September 28, 2022, 12:33:56 PM »

Now this is a great colorway. Too bad i cant stand this shoe. The pair i bought was skated in twice and retired to be my mountain bike shoes. Love them for that, hated skating in them.
The few times I've gone to my local Vans store I always see people coming in and asking specifically for Crockett. I don't know why but that shoe seems to have some following. I'm curious what didn't you like about them?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #46487 on: September 28, 2022, 12:41:18 PM »
I know you didn't ask me but I didn't like the sole on the Crockett Highs. They were a little too thick for my liking, and by time they really broke in I had already blown the toe pretty badly. I'm just not a cupsole guy, and I guess that extends to cup hybrids.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #46488 on: September 28, 2022, 01:34:31 PM »
the gilby's felt too tight on my stupid ass chonk feet, it was only till i gave them away did i realize that i could simply cut the strap

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #46489 on: September 28, 2022, 03:21:03 PM »
Finally some good shit after a whole page of people quoting the same busted ass Cariumas. I hope Vans never stop making the Crockett Highs.

IpathCats

« Reply #46490 on: September 29, 2022, 07:33:21 AM »

The few times I've gone to my local Vans store I always see people coming in and asking specifically for Crockett. I don't know why but that shoe seems to have some following. I'm curious what didn't you like about them?

I think they obviously work for a lot of people, and I support Mr Crockett being a pro from my neighboring state, They're just not for me. Unlike @pizzafliptofakie i generally prefer cupsoles, and this "hybrid" was just not close enough to a cup for me. They just felt like thicker vulcs to me. My flick was absolutely horrible in them, not an objective flaw of the shoe since they work for lots of people, but they didnt suit me at all. My friend who is a vulc guy tried them and thought the same thing. I'm also not a fan of the padding (or lack thereof) around the ankle, it makes them feel way less structured and more floppy than other high tops. Again, a preference. I also felt like they pushed my feet inward while skating, might just be the way my foot is shaped or something, but i just didnt sit right in those shoes, especially under the conditions of skateboarding.
They work great for my mountain bike though, since im mostly on my toes, and the floppiness combined with the extra bit of security is kinda nice on a bike.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #46491 on: September 29, 2022, 12:51:56 PM »
I’m with ipath for sure, I love wearing my Gilbert hi’s, can’t skate in them. I am also from a neighboring state and still really enjoy his skating so idk
p-shuvs and v-flips

LebowskisRug

« Reply #46492 on: September 29, 2022, 01:26:45 PM »
I like Crockett from like end of week 1 to end of week 3 or 4. Then I wear through the toe and the sole starts detaching and it just gets too floppy for a cup.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46493 on: September 29, 2022, 07:01:21 PM »
Who would buy these for $140?! And the colorway is so bad. I actually like Alf but as a designer, he is just not great.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjGfSs3OwE4/?igshid=NjZiMGI4OTY=
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #46494 on: September 29, 2022, 08:16:45 PM »
Who would buy these for $140?! And the colorway is so bad. I actually like Alf but as a designer, he is just not great.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjGfSs3OwE4/?igshid=NjZiMGI4OTY=

I thought they were creative recreation shoes
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46495 on: September 30, 2022, 02:07:25 AM »
Wow… stick to your day job Alf.. o wait

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #46496 on: September 30, 2022, 09:21:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure Alf isn't making skate shoes. Some are skateable and clearly skate influenced, but I'm pretty sure these are just like generic, higher fashion lifestyle shoes. I could see people walking around NYC or LA in those.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 01:11:15 PM by oyolar »

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #46497 on: September 30, 2022, 10:03:00 AM »
One of the shoes looks like an ipath. ipaths cats weren’t $150 though.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #46498 on: September 30, 2022, 10:20:09 AM »
I think that they're sick. They have like tech, formal hybrid thing going on.

Savale's got some great classic looking silhouettes aswell. I do wonder how he's funding this project. Starting a luxury brand is ambitious.

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #46499 on: September 30, 2022, 12:55:55 PM »
I think that they're sick. They have like tech, formal hybrid thing going on.

Savale's got some great classic looking silhouettes aswell. I do wonder how he's funding this project. Starting a luxury brand is ambitious.
Always thought these looked skateable