Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8700640 times)

Wattmilly, Reese Bruno, McBrandt and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46710 on: October 20, 2022, 12:07:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ohh mama those vans carrolls, i was hoping vans would come out with more colorways after that boys of summer abomination

bryan herman’s company is really called “hours is yours”? i thought it was called hours and that was the tagline, but the official name is that lame pun?
[close]

I distinctly remember Herm and Ellington teaming up on this shoe project at the very beginning and something tells me they had some creative differences because now Erik's doing shit with HRS (Human Recreational Services but obv still reads like Hours) and Herm's doing Hours is Yours. fucking strange.
[close]

Good point! I recall that as well, but I think Herman always wanted to do actual skate shoes with his creative footwear business venture (whatever it looked like to him back then). Whereas, Ellington wanted to bridge the gap from skate to formal footwear via the loafer stuff before dipping backin with Li Ning.

I wonder who had the whole HRS/Hours idea first. Don't remember if that was ever posted on here

Lucien Clarke & Rory Milanes were involved as well, and I'm pretty sure they dipped right after it launched.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #46711 on: October 20, 2022, 07:46:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ohh mama those vans carrolls, i was hoping vans would come out with more colorways after that boys of summer abomination

bryan herman’s company is really called “hours is yours”? i thought it was called hours and that was the tagline, but the official name is that lame pun?
[close]

I distinctly remember Herm and Ellington teaming up on this shoe project at the very beginning and something tells me they had some creative differences because now Erik's doing shit with HRS (Human Recreational Services but obv still reads like Hours) and Herm's doing Hours is Yours. fucking strange.
[close]

Good point! I recall that as well, but I think Herman always wanted to do actual skate shoes with his creative footwear business venture (whatever it looked like to him back then). Whereas, Ellington wanted to bridge the gap from skate to formal footwear via the loafer stuff before dipping backin with Li Ning.

I wonder who had the whole HRS/Hours idea first. Don't remember if that was ever posted on here
[close]

Lucien Clarke & Rory Milanes were involved as well, and I'm pretty sure they dipped right after it launched.
From Sept. 2018: "HRS is a new label by Erik Ellington and Dennis Martin... Human Recreational Services is supported by a team of professional skateboarders including Lucien Clarke, Rory Milanes, Keith Hardy, and Bryan Herman. These individuals will be the face of HRS and contribute creatively to the concept."
If you need a reason they probably dipped, it's likely because Lucien got on LV. Plus they're charging over $300 for cheap Dominican-made shoes. There isn't a single photo of Lucien and Rory on their insta. Just Ali Boulala.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46712 on: October 20, 2022, 10:16:39 AM »
I think they dropped off when it became clear that HRS was going to be solely a fashion/lifestyle brand.

EDIT: “They” meaning everyone except Ellington. EE has raked in interviews about how HRS was meant to do both skate shoes and luxury chillers but he decided to just focus on the luxury side as he was trying to develop the brand early on. They did release a “luxury” skateable shoe early on (I think it was the second shoe they ever released) that both Ellington and Herman had footage on their IGs skating very early in the brand (and the Mongoose looks skateable), but it seems clear that Ellington decided to take the brand in a different direction.

I have a pair of the early release Del Rays in oxblood that Ellington actually sent me after I DMed HRS on IG after seeing they were sold out on the site. This was when they were like half the price they are now and he was very cool and it seemed like he was really running it out of his garage and I appreciated the effort so I’m happy to support EE. HRS is clearly not a skate shoe brand but I personally like a lot of what they make.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:27:42 PM by oyolar »

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46713 on: October 20, 2022, 10:19:58 AM »
Saw Tom K skating these on IG

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #46714 on: October 21, 2022, 04:00:45 AM »

usually i don't mind the N but it ruins this shoe. if they made it without the n, all suede with the purple accents it would look much cooler
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #46715 on: October 21, 2022, 07:21:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Japan only?...
[close]

Looks like the puma skate suede nitro

They selling them here in some skate shops fast times , beyond,  UPS, and plenty of other sites

I think the regular suede, baskets, clydes whatever else look much better ..
[close]

Also on the Puma site. Was looking up what some of the models you mentioned look like, and the shoe popped up.

https://us.puma.com/us/en/pd/suede-skate-nitro-og-sneakers/386600?gbraid=0AAAAAD_kxL9DuS0CEa7zGwlpSIjoWuB_E&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv4PoyKft-gIV1QetBh30MgTjEAQYAyABEgLKYPD_BwE&size=0200&swatch=01

Does anyone think that Puma knows that they can’t just make skate shoes without someone’s name behind it? No one is going to give a fuck until they have a team

I'd rather wear some $40 regular Suedes from Marshalls. The ollie patch is ugly. It looks like these are vulcanized.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #46716 on: October 21, 2022, 07:31:39 AM »

other colorways don't have the patch detail, but It seems they want to call attention, that this is something different.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 827
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #46717 on: October 21, 2022, 08:14:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

usually i don't mind the N but it ruins this shoe. if they made it without the n, all suede with the purple accents it would look much cooler
I’m not an NB Stan by any means but these are pretty sick, I’m a big fan of skate shoes that look like hiking boots. I think the toe cap could be a either a little higher (kinda like the Gilbert 1s) or done away with completely to make them more skateable..

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 464
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46718 on: October 21, 2022, 04:13:04 PM »

A Manteca and a Lynx in the Venture collab.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46719 on: October 21, 2022, 09:23:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Japan only?...
[close]

They selling them here in some skate shops fast times , beyond,  UPS, and plenty of other sites

[close]

Also on the Puma site. Was looking up what some of the models you mentioned look like, and the shoe popped up.

https://us.puma.com/us/en/pd/suede-skate-nitro-og-sneakers/386600?gbraid=0AAAAAD_kxL9DuS0CEa7zGwlpSIjoWuB_E&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv4PoyKft-gIV1QetBh30MgTjEAQYAyABEgLKYPD_BwE&size=0200&swatch=01

Does anyone think that Puma knows that they can’t just make skate shoes without someone’s name behind it? No one is going to give a fuck until they have a team
[close]

I'd rather wear some $40 regular Suedes from Marshalls. The ollie patch is ugly. It looks like these are vulcanized.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj_zfH8pS6A/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #46720 on: October 21, 2022, 09:31:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Japan only?...
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj_zfH8pS6A/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
How does Japan even have the numbers to support all these companies? Yes I know Japan has a large population but not that many skaters really and gotta think the average non skaters are still not all buying enough skate shoes to make it worth it.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #46721 on: October 22, 2022, 12:39:04 AM »

A Manteca and a Lynx in the Venture collab.

wohoooooooo

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #46722 on: October 22, 2022, 10:11:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I’m not an NB Stan by any means but these are pretty sick, I’m a big fan of skate shoes that look like hiking boots. I think the toe cap could be a either a little higher (kinda like the Gilbert 1s) or done away with completely to make them more skateable..

are these out?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #46723 on: October 22, 2022, 10:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

are these out?
yep on the nb site and at skate shops as well
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-440-trail/NM440TV1-40237.html

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #46724 on: October 24, 2022, 08:23:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

are these out?
[close]
yep on the nb site and at skate shops as well
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-440-trail/NM440TV1-40237.html

A little too pricey for me to skate in but I honestly love the look of these. I’d consider them for a pair of skate shoes to just wear as normal shoes. I’m low key hoping they don’t sell well and I can find a pair somewhere on sale.

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #46725 on: October 24, 2022, 08:55:12 AM »
Those 440 trail are like 80 or 90 bucks at most skate shops right now.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #46726 on: October 24, 2022, 02:56:03 PM »
Gorecki has a (to put it in 00s Emerica terms) Brown Bling Bling pair of Vans MCs on his IG stories.   I WILL PAY WHATEVER FOR THESE!!!!! But I really hope they are upcoming GR

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2241
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46727 on: October 24, 2022, 09:25:50 PM »

Now the big question is, who's signature is on the tongue?

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #46728 on: October 24, 2022, 09:36:45 PM »

“Nine Club”

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46729 on: October 24, 2022, 09:46:10 PM »
Don’t put that evil on them.    But honestly, I’d still wear them if the branding was that minimal.   Second word isn’t “club” so I feel safe.    Almost looks like it says “Nino Tyson”

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46730 on: October 25, 2022, 12:37:56 AM »
it's especially awesome (to me) because it's the same colorway as the Tony Ferguson fashion sneaker version, that I wanted but couldn't justify the price tag (maybe close to 300...).  He's currently got a fancy version of the Aries (Axion Guy 2) if anyone is looking to up their shoe

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46731 on: October 25, 2022, 01:33:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

“Nine Club”
Could maybe say "ninety six"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46732 on: October 25, 2022, 01:43:10 AM »
Oooh @Mean salto i def buy the ninety part.   I don’t quite see the rest of the word(s) but the Rone shoe  is called the Ninety Four, so you could be onto something (and honestly would make a lot more sense than having Carrolls signature on the shoe)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46733 on: October 25, 2022, 01:46:07 AM »
Oooh @Mean salto i def buy the ninety part.   I don’t quite see the rest of the word(s) but the Rone shoe  is called the Ninety Four, so you could be onto something (and honestly would make a lot more sense than having Carrolls signature on the shoe)
Yeah I zoomed in on the right foot in the top picture and looks like a short word ending in X but could be a Y or just a crease lol
Also I just assumed the shoe came out in 96 as it's worn in mouse and Carroll had a DC in 97

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46734 on: October 25, 2022, 02:45:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah I zoomed in on the right foot in the top picture and looks like a short word ending in X but could be a Y or just a crease lol
Also I just assumed the shoe came out in 96 as it's worn in mouse and Carroll had a DC in 97

Gold star.   Can’t repeat a karma action in 24 hours.   

Hah I was having a not great day, so I’ve been kinda clinging onto this discovery as a way to keep me as buoyed as possible

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #46735 on: October 25, 2022, 02:50:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Hah I was having a not great day, so I’ve been kinda clinging onto this discovery as a way to keep me as buoyed as possible

I think you're right

On the left shoe you can kind of see an S and on the right you see an X. "Ninety Six" would make sense.
Didn't his shoe come out then? And in 1998 he switched to DC?

I could be off here though ...

Anyway, I'm buying every colorway. Twice.

I praying they'll have those Olive Tan ones as well.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #46736 on: October 25, 2022, 03:01:01 AM »
And let's be honest, those need timberland laces!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46737 on: October 25, 2022, 03:15:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I think you're right

On the left shoe you can kind of see an S and on the right you see an X. "Ninety Six" would make sense.

Consulting my big Made for Skate skate shoe  book - they did come out in 96 (why the Rones are called 94 I’ll never know).   Also fun fact, Lakai Telfords are named after the designer Walter Telford

(Also, gotta love that Carroll dipped out on a company releasing his pro model, but had the nerve to be mad at MJ.   At least Vans had the sense to keep selling the shoe until his DC one came out)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46738 on: October 25, 2022, 03:28:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I think you're right

[close]

Consulting my big Made for Skate skate shoe  book - they did come out in 96 (why the Rones are called 94 I’ll never know).   Also fun fact, Lakai Telfords are named after the designer Walter Telford

(Also, gotta love that Carroll dipped out on a company releasing his pro model, but had the nerve to be mad at MJ.   At least Vans had the sense to keep selling the shoe until his DC one came out)

Besides the point really but it's kinda funny lakai named a shoe after the designer of Carroll's vans but never tried to remake the shoe themselves. I'm pretty sure in 06 Mike Carroll had a vulc version of his 4th shoe (that was also very similar to the Telford and looked pretty much the same as the TNT 2 that was out at the time too) would have been a perfect time for them to of done a version Carroll's vans shoe again. Not like they're totally against remaking shoes either as not long after Rick had a shoe similar to his DC model come out.

eSK3

« Reply #46739 on: October 25, 2022, 10:57:31 AM »

Vans is calling it the “Ninety Five”